PDA

View Full Version : Jason Witten: "Corey Webster... I don't think people realize how good a corner he is."

Itlan
02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
On Mike & Mike.

blueomaha
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM
just saw the interview with Witten...cool, coming from JW.....GO NYG......

miked1958
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
On Mike &amp; Mike.</P>

Yep just saw it... wow</P>

miked1958
02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
He is giving credit where credit is due. good for him

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 09:37 AM

I wish Giants fans would give him the credit that he's due.

Corey Webster has been one of the top 3 CBs in the league this year.

Definitely THE MOST underrated player on our team.

When people say we have a soft secondary, they have to preface it with "AFTER CWeb".

I can't say enough about this kid.

bLuereverie
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM

When people say we have a soft secondary, they have to preface it with "AFTER CWeb".

Give Witten or Webster his due?

I thought it was common knowledge that Webster was solid. You'll have a few numbnuts who will say Thomas is better, but not to the point of lessing Webster.

TuckYou
02-03-2012, 09:43 AM
He is giving credit where credit is due. good for him I wish Giants fans would give him the credit that he's due. Corey Webster has been one of the top 3 CBs in the league this year. <U>Definitely THE MOST underrated player on our team</U>. When people say we have a soft secondary, they have to preface it with "AFTER CWeb". I can't say enough about this kid.</P>

Themost underrated? How so? Giants fans know exactly how good he has been and how he has been snubbed at probowls, and the Giants organization knows how good he is by making him the second highest paid player on the team outside of the star QB. </P>

BTW, Jason Witten is a GREAT guy. Great player and personality. Same with Ware. CAnt lump them in the normal "hate" cowboys category.</P>

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 09:47 AM
C-WEB will have a Monster game on sunday!!! Let's go GMEN FINISH this season out!!!

SackingMyths
02-03-2012, 10:12 AM

I love C-Web and he very quietly (somehow) had a spectacular season, assigned shadow coverage on all the opposing team's #1.

He had his big playoff run in '07, followed by a shutdown year in '08.

But he didn't maintain that level in '09 or '10, IMO. Doesn't mean he wasn't good, but he wasn't great as he's been this year and in '07-'08. Agree/disagree?

SweetZombieJesus
02-03-2012, 10:13 AM
I haven't doubted him since 2007. Don't know why people got off his bandwagon, other than Reevis envy.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Give Witten or Webster his due?

I thought it was common knowledge that Webster was solid. You'll have a few numbnuts who will say Thomas is better, but not to the point of lessing Webster.

Most time I hear CWeb's name brought up (especially on these boards) it's usually in the context of "he's ok".

He was one of the best (and few) true cover corners in the league.

While guys like Reavis get a lot of attention (and deservedly so) CWeb is rarely mentioned as one of the reasons why the Giants are so successful this year.

Might just be my take on general babbling, but I've only heard one analyst actually mention just how good he's been this year (Solomon Wilcots when comparing the Pats and Giants secondaries).

bLuereverie
02-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Plenty of Webster/Revis talk in here.

I can buy Webster being underrated in the media. Especially since the secondary struggled mightily through no fault of Corey.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:20 AM

I love C-Web and he very quietly (somehow) had a spectacular season, assigned shadow coverage on all the opposing team's #1.

He had his big playoff run in '07, followed by a shutdown year in '08.

But he didn't maintain that level in '09 or '10, IMO. Doesn't mean he wasn't good, but he wasn't great as he's been this year and in '07-'08. Agree/disagree?

He had a good year in 2010.

He dipped in 2007 (although he picked it up in the playoffs) and 2009 (where the whole defense dipped due to Sheridan's schemes).

His early career was marred by inconsistancy but since the post season of 2007 he's been rock solid reliable and this year he's been a total shutdown.

You don't get many highlight films from him, but if you actually watch him on tape, he's rarely thrown against, tackles well and has one of the best past defenses per attempt in the league.