PDA

View Full Version : Does All the Giants Talking Scare You?

RonJon
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
As much as I want to say that it is just them being very confident, I cannot help but be very uneasy how this whole week went as far as the interviews. Patriots playing everything coy and laughing off the Giants comments while the Giants continue to beat therir chests. Makes me worry that its gonna come back to bite em on Sunday as Bellichich and brady will have a super game plan they will come out with

miked1958
02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
As much as I want to say that it is just them being very confident, I cannot help but be very uneasy how this whole week went as far as the interviews. Patriots playing everything coy and laughing off the Giants comments while the Giants continue to beat therir chests. Makes me worry that its gonna come back to bite em on Sunday as Bellichich and brady will have a super game plan they will come out with</P>

No it doesnt SCARE me at all. I have alot of confidence in the team that they will go out and play the BEST game we have seen so far in the 2011-2012 season. I think we by 21... (see the Sig)...</P>

</P>

GmenFan1980
02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
No

miked1958
02-03-2012, 10:59 AM
AS a matter of fact it didnt hurt us in 86 when everyone was talking about how much we were favored and everyone thought we would win.</P>

Different circumstances that season as we went 14-2 and were expected to win all season.. But theydidnt let all the talk effect them. they went out and did what they knew they could do and whipped the Broncos. </P>

So at this point in the season... REGARDLESS of what happened during the season and how each team got here.. Most feel the Giants are playing the best football right now and are not scared to say it.</P>

I think the giants will feed off it and not have the opposite happen. they will go out and preform like we all know they should </P>

burier
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
BB is just a coach. The NFL has put a lot of effort in promoting him as some sort of Bobby Fischer mega genius but he's really just a coach.

The reason the Giants seem confident and the Pats seem coy is because that's what it is. All parties involved know how this game is going to play out.

Edit: Also I don't know about you guys but in 07 I was pretty offended by the 12 point spread. Now we're the "Unofficial" favorite and people are still complaining????

Big Blue 418
02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
no but the media jumping on our bandwagon does . This team seem to love the us vs world mentality and I fear that they don't have that now

SIMMS5611
02-03-2012, 11:03 AM
On one hand, as an old school Giant fan, I don't care for it. Not really the Giants style...</P>

But on the other hand, every game since the Jet game was a must-win, and they've done so, as</P>

underdogs, on the road, in various weather, indoors, outdoors. Every game people wrote 'em off,</P>

and after they won, those same people said how the wins were "Lucky"....</P>

Well, they shut up all the critics, &amp; non-believers. If they were talking like this after Week 2, then I'd</P>

be hating it, but it ain't Week 2, it's the bloody Super Bowl, &amp; they've earned the right to talk a little</P>

smack, IMO.</P>

Zaggs
02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Didn't every non Giant complain about their talking before the Falcons, Packers and 49ers games? Pretty sure they did. Pretty sure it didn't matter.

repeatchamps
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
You know what I am tired of this stigma that the Giants don't play well as favorites. No matter how true it has been through the years, I am just tired of hearing about it and that being the case just like I was tired of hearing how the Giants had not won a home playoff game under Coughlin. Well you can check that one off the list and I was there in the stadium towitness it. I think it is high time that this team step up to the plate and embrace being the favorites or the sexy pick. Time to start a friggin dominant dynasty. I have been waiting for it my whole life as a Giants fan. The time is now. Bring it. If Eli continues to play like he did this season and they address some weak spots at O-line and linebacker in such a way that it sets them up to begood to gofor years to come, then dynasty time is here folks. No more of this I would rather be the underdog garbage. I want them to be the next dynasty. I want everyone to expect them win and then actually go out there and win like they are supposed to. The time is now. This is the turning point. Bring it, bring it, bring it! ALL IN!</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>HERE WE GO GIANTS, HERE WE GO!</FONT></P>

Raptor22
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Nope, doesn't bother me.

It didn't bother me when Eli said he was ELIte.

It didn't bother me when Cruz said that there were plays to be had against the Jets' secondary

It didn't bother me when Tuck and Jacobs said they hate the cowboys

It didn't bother me when they talked before the Falcons game

It didn't bother me when they talked before the Packers game

It didn't bother me when they talked before the '9ers game

It didn't bother me when they talked before SBXLII

It doesn't bother me now.

Why? Because there's a difference between confident and ****y. They're not grabbing the reporters by the collars and saying "WE'RE GONNA DOMINATE, THE PATS DON'T STAND A CHANCE! BOOK IT!" They're simply answering the questions asked with what they think and feel, which is confident in their own abilities.

There ISN'T an underdog in this game. Its a throwdown between the best team in the AFC and the best team in the NFC. Regular season records not-withstanding these are two evenly matched teams.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
As much as I want to say that it is just them being very confident, I cannot help but be very uneasy how this whole week went as far as the interviews. Patriots playing everything coy and laughing off the Giants comments while the Giants continue to beat therir chests. Makes me worry that its gonna come back to bite em on Sunday as Bellichich and brady will have a super game plan they will come out with</P>

telling every one who has posted about this same topic and there have been many already...</P>

stop being such a ***** and a worry wart.....[:D]</P>

what the players say and do make 0 dif in the game on Sunday. All the talking does is make a potential loss worse than it already would be..</P>

You are uneasy about the game because its the freaking Super Bowl......thats the real reason</P>

TuckYou
02-03-2012, 11:19 AM
I think the stratagy the Giants are shooting for is to plant a seed in the Patriots heads, like they did the Packers and 49ers. Even JPP came out with the, "Our Dline is in Bradys head". Which, it probably is. Brady just doesnt look the same vs us as he does vs many other teams. No one came up and said "I guarentee the Giants are winning the Superbowl". Canty pretty much said the same as what Brady said. Brady said it more unsure sounding, but he said it. Canty said it with an explanation point.

buddy33
02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
A little bit, but mostly no.

When you hear it a hundred times you start to think MAYBE they are trash talking. I honestly don't think they said anything wrong. If you are playing in the Super Bowl you better think you are winning. The media is horrible. Like the story line isn't big enough, they are twisting what these players are saying to try and get more ratings.

geonyg
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Not scared but annoyed. I am confident we will prevail but it is stupid to give the other team bulletin board material. BB doesn't need any help. Shut the f up and get ready to play your best Giants.

CDN_G-FAN
02-03-2012, 11:28 AM
this is going to be a tight game against a HOF QB who has a bunch of weapons.</P>

For every plus in the Giants column, there's one in the Pats column.</P>

going to be a tight game, and it's going to come down to a play or two.</P>

so regardless of what's being said right now, i'm really nervous about this game.</P>

GameTime
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
this is going to be a tight game against a HOF QB who has a bunch of weapons.</P>

For every plus in the Giants column, there's one in the Pats column.</P>

going to be a tight game, and it's going to come down to a play or two.</P>

so regardless of what's being said right now, <FONT color=#000080 size=4>i'm really nervous about this game</FONT>.</P>

</P>

you wouldn't be a real fan if you weren't IMO. There is every reason to be confident they can win but at the same time realizing the team on the other side is a great team as well. </P>

A Super Bowl should be a close hard faught game. I agree....a few mistakes will most likely play the ultimate roll in theis game. Both sides are capable of making "that" miscue and both sides are capable of capitalizing on it as well. </P>

The anxiety or nervous feelings has 0 to do with the media. It may build the anxiety but its not the root cause....</P>

NYDestroyer
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I was worried before, but now I'm hearing that TOM BRADY WAS THE FIRST PERSON DOING THE TALKING, so it's only right for the Giants to respond LOL. Coughlin is a GOOD COACH and his player love him and want to play hard for him. GO Giants! lets finish this up on the field with a Giants win.

Ruttiger711
02-03-2012, 11:36 AM
It doesnt bother TC so it doesnt bother me... just heard him on the radio that there's maybe been 1 or 2 quotes from his team and he doesnt see either as being any worse than what Brady has said already.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 11:36 AM
actually , their talking is relatively low-key stuff.
not much heavy duty bragging at all.

i wish they would turn it up a notch.

remember how ALI used to go all poetic and
verbally abusive and get in the opponents head and even call what round the knock-out would occur ?

i wish we call the knock out round.

CTLadyBlue
02-03-2012, 11:46 AM
What 'talk'a re you talking about? Other than Canty's thing about a parade, I haven't heard anything ****y or arrogant. I check the Post and Daily News every day and nothing. They were all well behaved on media day. No predictions. NO guarantees. Really....what's all this talking you're referring to??

There was only a Mike Lupica article in TDN telling the Giants to shut up. When I read his examples of them yabbing, it was, of course, the parade thing, JPP saying they're 'inside Brady's head' (which is true!) and Rolle recalling what they're gonna do to Brady and the Pats. Man, if THATS what Lupica considers trash talk, then he's seriously suffering for stuff to write about.

I never EVER considered the Giants a ****y, arrogant team in all the years I have followed them. They are a reflection of their ownership - not some swaggering Jerry Jones or Rex Ryan prototype. There's nothing wrong with being confident. Nothing wrong with them saying they're going on that field to win. Even though the Pats don't say it, they're thinking the same exact thing.

Really, everyone needs to chill a bit.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Nope, doesn't bother me.

It didn't bother me when Eli said he was ELIte.

It didn't bother me when Cruz said that there were plays to be had against the Jets' secondary

It didn't bother me when Tuck and Jacobs said they hate the cowboys

It didn't bother me when they talked before the Falcons game

It didn't bother me when they talked before the Packers game

It didn't bother me when they talked before the '9ers game

It didn't bother me when they talked before SBXLII

It doesn't bother me now.

Why? Because there's a difference between confident and ****y. They're not grabbing the reporters by the collars and saying "WE'RE GONNA DOMINATE, THE PATS DON'T STAND A CHANCE! BOOK IT!" They're simply answering the questions asked with what they think and feel, which is confident in their own abilities.

There ISN'T an underdog in this game. Its a throwdown between the best team in the AFC and the best team in the NFC. Regular season records not-withstanding these are two evenly matched teams.
</P>

Great....</P>

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 12:09 PM
No</P>

+1. They should keep up their positive attitude and talking and not let the media, fans, or Pats intimidate them into backing down. They're not talking crap, they're just confident. </P>

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 12:12 PM
What 'talk'a re you talking about? Other than Canty's thing about a parade, I haven't heard anything ****y or arrogant. I check the Post and Daily News every day and nothing. They were all well behaved on media day. No predictions. NO guarantees. Really....what's all this talking you're referring to?? There was only a Mike Lupica article in TDN telling the Giants to shut up. When I read his examples of them yabbing, it was, of course, the parade thing, JPP saying they're 'inside Brady's head' (which is true!) and Rolle recalling what they're gonna do to Brady and the Pats. Man, if THATS what Lupica considers trash talk, then he's seriously suffering for stuff to write about. I never EVER considered the Giants a ****y, arrogant team in all the years I have followed them. They are a reflection of their ownership - not some swaggering Jerry Jones or Rex Ryan prototype. There's nothing wrong with being confident. Nothing wrong with them saying they're going on that field to win. Even though the Pats don't say it, they're thinking the same exact thing. Really, everyone needs to chill a bit.</P>

+1. I can't stand trash talking, but they have not been trash talking. And Canty's thing about a parade? What did TB say to 25,000 Pats fans before leaving for Indy? It didn't bother me when he basically said the same thing first. </P>

Giants should keep up the positive attitude -- don't change anything. Once you start backing down, it shows that you've been cowered in a way. If they feel it, say it.</P>

It's the media blowing things out of proportion. If the Pats not saying anything at all works for them, then great. If the Giants acting confident works for them, then keep it going.</P>

Rudyy
02-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Everyone needs to relax. I understand it's the super bowl and you have right to be nervous. But come on, not EVERYTHING the player says is "trash talk". Saying something like "We are going to drive Brady's head in the turf" is trash talk, NOT "We are in Brady's head".

Mod_C
As much as I want to say that it is just them being very confident, I cannot help but be very uneasy how this whole week went as far as the interviews. Patriots playing everything coy and laughing off the Giants comments while the Giants continue to beat therir chests. Makes me worry that its gonna come back to bite em on Sunday as Bellichich and brady will have a super game plan they will come out with

Before the season started, we were media predicted to come in no better than 3rd in the NFC East. Then we had significant season ending injuries: (TT, Goff, Hixon, etc.). Injuries continued and we became the "Next Man Up" team of the season. We did fairly well until the projected "tough part of the season" when we lost more games than we won.

Through it all we kept fighting, making slow, but steady (in not always obvious) progress. Then we played the jets and we've been the best team on the field ever since.

How are we to respond to the media when pressed to talk? "We're here to lose"? Why should hte players not be confident? Read some of the articles about the players, what they're saying and feeling to get an idea that what they're saying is just the truth. They are here to WIN. Why bother to get on the bus otherwise?

BillTheGreek
Its about Time we are the Favorites ,That's because were good and everyone knows it ! The team is playing as one, we always go into these games the Underdog, Remember your playing against Tom Brady and he is one of the best QB in the NFL, once you STOP him, you are half way there ....I don't believe in Luck..... its Skill and heart, so by rights Its an even game, its who wants it more. So G Men do you want it More ? No second Chance's, Play your hearts out and you will Win this game,This is the last game of the season, Its the Super Bowl. Prove it to your selves, your teammates, family and your fans.Show the WORLD you are the WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Firenugget
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
No but 3 threads a day about the Giants talking, when in reality they're not saying much of anything at all is getting tiresome. zzzzzz

RedskinHater
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM
I couldn't care less what ANYONE says. Do not believe " bulletin board material " matters one twit ( or even half a twit [:S]
Am sure players have said in the past that something or other got them fired up. If talk -in a game of this magnitude - is needed to get " fired up " then they shouldn't be in the game at all !
LET'S PLAY THE **** GAME ALREADY ......

bflo23
02-03-2012, 12:32 PM
How did the Giants "trash talking" work out vs the Falcons, Packers and 49ers?

nycisgreat
02-03-2012, 12:33 PM

I would say yesterday if we started talking after having a pep rally with 25k fans. I think both fan bases should expect their teams to win.

G-Man67
02-03-2012, 12:49 PM
yeah, i mean i try to cut the guys some slack, b/c i want them to be confident and they have mics around them almost 24/7, but i'm sure Coughlin has pulled a few guys aside and said ... why?

having said that ... Plax predicted 14 Pat points in SB 42 and that trash talk probably exceeded anything we've done this time around and you know what happened in SB 42