PDA

View Full Version : ESPN FIRST TAKE PICKS

miked1958
02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Steven A.. even with all the Giants talk that he thinks is going to hurt them somewhat still has giants winning game by 14pts... He said Cruz will be the MVP..</P>

Bayless still thinks Giants are better up and down the boards but with what Canty said and how the Giants have conducted themselves this week he is leaning toward BB using it to their advantage and picks the Pats 17-14 in a close one. He went back to his original pick earlier in season which was Pats.
He thinks brady will get hit alot and wont be a huge factor. Lots of dinks and dunks.. But said it will be the Pats running game that will be the Giants undoing.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
i started the week thinking we win this game by 10.</P>

i'm back to understanding that this is going to be another nail biter.</P>

egyptian420
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.

Despite this, I still think we win the game simply because we're the better team, but if we lose, oh man are we going to hear about it and look like the biggest clowns in the world.

ny06
02-03-2012, 10:38 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff>I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.</FONT>

Despite this, I still think we win the game simply because we're the better team, but if we lose, oh man are we going to hear about it and look like the biggest clowns in the world.
</P>

Your mistaking confidence for arrogance. </P>

And don't be mistaken, all 53 players on this team are confident, just some are letting the media know. </P>

The game will be won on the field, if the Patriots need the Giants brash talk to motivate them, then we already have this game in the bag. </P>

The Giants have talked the talk and walked the walk. </P>

TuckYou
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.

</P>

"Final Score, 24-17, Giants." Plax prior to SB42</P>

If that didnt give motivation for the Pats to beat us, nothing will. I dont agree with all the talking, but it is what it is. They have been doing it for the past month. Win, and all is forgiven. Lose, and that will be a focal point of why we lost, even if it had nothing to do with it. </P>

egyptian420
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM
<font color="#0000ff">I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.</font>

</p>

Your mistaking confidence for arrogance. </p>

And don't me mistaken, all 53 players on this team are confident, just some are letting the media know. </p>

The game will be won on the field, if the Patriots need the Giants brash talk to motivate them, then we already have this game in the bag. </p>

The Giants have talked the talk and walk the walk. </p>
I have absolutely nothing wrong with the stuff they're saying IF they say it amongst themselves in the locker room and whatnot, NOT to the media. It's gotten to a point where the media doesn't have to try to blow things up, we're just Giving them headline materials to the point where even the media is getting bored and stopped caring.

I've said this before, I can't tell you how many people were rooting for us as soon as we won the NFCC that have changed their minds because of how we've been acting lately.

It's interesting to note that people like Eli, Bradshaw, Tuck and a few other veterans aren't the ones doing all the talking, it's all the younger players that haven't been in a SB yet that seem to think we've already won this thing.

egyptian420
02-03-2012, 10:47 AM

</p>

"Final Score, 24-17, Giants." Plax prior to SB42</p>

If that didnt give motivation for the Pats to beat us, nothing will. I dont agree with all the talking, but it is what it is. They have been doing it for the past month. Win, and all is forgiven. Lose, and that will be a focal point of why we lost, even if it had nothing to do with it. </p>
imho, what plax said before sb42 doesn't even amount to half as much as what we've been saying this time.

back at that time everyone thought we'd lose, this time it's a toss up, and our players are definitely acting accordingly.....if you seen us earlier in the season in interviews, we were the most humble team in the NFL.

stormblue
even if the school yard bully never says a word ;
he still has your lunch money.

zimonami

</P>

If that didnt give motivation for the Pats to beat us, nothing will. I dont agree with all the talking, but it is what it is. They have been doing it for the past month. Win, and all is forgiven. Lose, and that will be a focal point of why we lost, even if it had nothing to do with it. </P>
Plax predicted 20-17... but, You're absolutely right about the talking. All 11 men have to kick butt on every snap, snap to whistle, regardless of who talks the talk. It'll be won on the field by the team thaT plays a little better on Sunday. If a man needs to hear some trasj talk from the other team in order to get motivated, then he's not a professional. I think our guys are confidant because they knw every man will be giving supreme effort on every play, and they've done a good job prtecting the ball, so they don't expect turnovers to be their downfall.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff>I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.</FONT>

</P>

And don't me mistaken, all 53 players on this team are confident, just some are letting the media know. </P>

The game will be won on the field, if the Patriots need the Giants brash talk to motivate them, then we already have this game in the bag. </P>

The Giants have talked the talk and walk the walk. </P>

I have absolutely nothing wrong with the stuff they're saying IF they say it amongst themselves in the locker room and whatnot, NOT to the media. It's gotten to a point where the media doesn't have to try to blow things up, we're just Giving them headline materials to the point where even the media is getting bored and stopped caring.

I've said this before, I can't tell you how many people were rooting for us as soon as we won the NFCC that have changed their minds because of how we've been acting lately.

It's interesting to note that people like Eli, Bradshaw, Tuck and a few other veterans aren't the ones doing all the talking, it's all the younger players that haven't been in a SB yet that seem to think we've already won this thing.
</P>

Thats what surprised me. You would think the coaching staff and the guys that have been there would have put the clamp on them and told them what they could and couldnt say. I am shocked that TC has allowed this to go on all week. </P>

He hates it when a giants player celebrates to much during a game even when we have a game in hand. he gets really upset witth if there is anytime left on the clock he wants them focused not whooping it up. </P>

so with that said. its a real surprise to say the least that he let it escalate to this level. he is not the type coach that like to give any kind of edge to the other team.
By the way Canty is not a young player. he should know better</P>

ny06
02-03-2012, 10:52 AM

</P>

And don't me mistaken, all 53 players on this team are confident, just some are letting the media know. </P>

</P>

Who cares who roots for us...</P>

Do you think somehow this talking will somewhat affect the game? It's just talk, and the Giants have every right to be confident.</P>

</P>

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I love that Skip picked the Pat's

Big Blue 418
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I think Coughlin has made a conscience choice to allow it to try and get in the Pats heads a little bit ,

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 11:06 AM

</P>

</P>

+1. They have not been talking crap. They're saying the same stuff that they've been saying throughout the playoffs -- they're confident and I don't want them to change their attitude. </P>

If NE wants bulletin board material, then use whatever they want. </P>

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I love that Skip picked the Pat's</P>

He had picked the Giants yesterday, I believe.</P>

Big Blue 418
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Did Canty say anything worse than what Brady did ? This is much to do about nothing overblown by the media

Both teams are going there expecting to win otherwise they wouldn't be there ....

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Did Canty say anything worse than what Brady did ? This is much to do about nothing overblown by the media Both teams are going there expecting to win otherwise they wouldn't be there ....</P>

+1,000,000</P>

If they were REALLY trash talking, TC would have put a stop to it.</P>

Easy-Duz-It
02-03-2012, 11:36 AM

</P>

Plax predicted 20-17... but, You're absolutely right about the talking. All 11 men have to kick butt on every snap, snap to whistle, regardless of who talks the talk. It'll be won on the field by the team thaT plays a little better on Sunday. If a man needs to hear some trasj talk from the other team in order to get motivated, then he's not a professional. I think our guys are confidant because they knw every man will be giving supreme effort on every play, and they've done a good job prtecting the ball, so they don't expect turnovers to be their downfall.

if you're gonna correct someone, make sure you're right yourself. 23-17 was the actual prediction. haha. just sayin.

as for the trash talking. some of you are such cry babies. who gives a ****. let em talk. they're confident. they think they're going to win, and i believe them.

zimonami
02-03-2012, 03:50 PM

</P>

if you're gonna correct someone, make sure you're right yourself. 23-17 was the actual prediction. haha. just sayin.

as for the trash talking. some of you are such cry babies. who gives a ****. let em talk. they're confident. they think they're going to win, and i believe them.
You could be right, easy... I just saw the Plax statement on NFL channel a week ago, and Tom's reaction to it (We're only going to score 17 points?... smirk). I could have sworn Plax said 20-17.

bigblue4417
02-03-2012, 03:59 PM

</p>

"Final Score, 24-17, Giants." Plax prior to SB42</p>

If that didnt give motivation for the Pats to beat us, nothing will. I dont agree with all the talking, but it is what it is. They have been doing it for the past month. Win, and all is forgiven. Lose, and that will be a focal point of why we lost, even if it had nothing to do with it. </p>
"We're only going to score 17 points ha ha ha ha ha ha"

[H]

BlueReign
02-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Who cares is people who don't usually cheer for us cheer for us on Sunday? Yeah, the Giants are talking, but they're not taking the Pats for granted. They're confident when speaking, but humble behind the scenes, and behind the scenes is what matters.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 05:38 PM
This would not have been consistent with what they have been saying throughout the playoffs. But I think it would have been better if they just said, hey we are playing with House money and we are really glad to have the OPP to play the Pats for the Title. With all the injured players and tough schedule we had this season we Exceeded expectations weeks ago of what this team should accomplish. We will go out like the last three playoff games and play our hearts out and we are confident in our ability to come away with the win

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Steven A.. even with all the Giants talk that he thinks is going to hurt them somewhat still has giants winning game by 14pts... He said Cruz will be the MVP..</P>

Bayless still thinks Giants are better up and down the boards but with what Canty said and how the Giants have conducted themselves this week he is leaning toward BB using it to their advantage and picks the Pats 17-14 in a close one. He went back to his original pick earlier in season which was Pats.
He thinks brady will get hit alot and wont be a huge factor. Lots of dinks and dunks.. But said it will be the Pats running game that will be the Giants undoing.</P>If Brady gets hit, it matters, unlike Eli. Thats the big difference as well as 4th quarter numbers.

Denaliman316
02-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Well I have to say I am shocked but Peter King took us 23-20.

Playbook was 3-2 in favor of us, Star Ledger everyone but the two Jet beat writers picked us.

Daily News everyone but two people again Jet people I think.

Ashley Fox took us.

And naturally the homers over at PFT took the Patriots

ikebibby91
02-03-2012, 08:06 PM

<font size="4">Leave Mayweather out of it. Until someone beats him he can say what he want's. Floyd controls his own purses and his company so you will respect the Greatest. As for the Giants, a couple of pedestrian comment are not going to change a thing. Inotice that you said nothing about Brady who launched the first Salvo about their "Party". The Giants are gonna win because they are the better team and they want it. There are not T.O's or Peyton Hillis's on this team so buck up.</font>

GIANTSTOMP
02-03-2012, 08:16 PM

Being Mayweather ain't bad at all ( last time i checked), plus if we lose do you really think we wouldn't get it anyway? Stand up and represent we been quiet long enough.

Mr. Zolo
02-03-2012, 08:43 PM

He thinks brady will get hit alot and wont be a huge factor. Lots of dinks and dunks.. But said it will be the Pats running game that will be the Giants undoing.</P>

Did Steven A. give Skip the finger again like the did the other day? That was pretty funny.

gmen46
02-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Take it easy, there, Francis.

What, exactly, has any Giant said this week that comes across as arrogant?

Confidant in themselves, yes, and good for them.

"Arrogant" would be if they denigrated the Patriots or any of the players, or made fun of them, or questioned their talent.

I haven't heard any of that.

A professional athlete saying, before a championship game, that he is confident or that he expects to win is what you should want from a player for your team.

Members of the media are the ones who have tried desperately to make it seem that certain players are "talking trash", only to generate some heat for their respective venue.

And, apparently, they have succeeded in suckering some fans into believing their hype. As a Giants fan, you should have more faith in our players' ability to keep cool.

If there has been a single, solitary comment by ANY Giant player that will make any Patriot player play "better" on Sunday due to any imagined slight, then the Patriots don't belong in Indy on Sunday, and Belichick isn't the coach everyone thinks he is.

GreenZone
02-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Seems like many here are fearful of the pending match. Did you ever consider that many of the Patriots are not so confident and may become even less so as they hear the Giant statements.

Now, if any Giant players called them slimy or said anything that would get one banned here, then that would inspire anger in the opponent.

So, you have two completely different scenarios and just to create talk to fill space all week, many in the media are filling it with this meaningless discussion.

It's all good. No one ever talks about the positive effects of Ali-like confidence, but it has potential to help win a game. It's already done that for a number of weeks.

Mr Excitement
02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
You would think the Giants were coached by Rex the way they have been talking...I think it may bite them in the Arse...may be over confident....Just like the Pats were the first time around.

egyptian420
02-03-2012, 11:38 PM

"Arrogant" would be if they denigrated the Patriots or any of the players, or made fun of them, or questioned their talent.

A professional athlete saying, before a championship game, that he is confident or that he expects to win is what you should want from a player for your team.

Members of the media are the ones who have tried desperately to make it seem that certain players are "talking trash", only to generate some heat for their respective venue.

And, apparently, they have succeeded in suckering some fans into believing their hype. As a Giants fan, you should have more faith in our players' ability to keep cool.

If there has been a single, solitary comment by ANY Giant player that will make any Patriot player play "better" on Sunday due to any imagined slight, then the Patriots don't belong in Indy on Sunday, and Belichick isn't the coach everyone thinks he is.
lmao wow bro you're too ridiculous, chill out

questioning my fanhood or faith in the team because I dislike their attitude towards the media? Lol you're hilarious. I'm guessing you didn't care too much about how I think we're winning and that we're the better team. This talk has nothing to do with the game, but I simply DON'T LIKE IT....that's my friggin opinion, I don't have to support something that I don't agree with, that being said, I still love this team and everyone on it and I'm happy they feel the way they do, I just don't like them expressing it to the media.

egyptian420
02-03-2012, 11:43 PM
You would think the Giants were coached by Rex the way they have been talking...I think it may bite them in the Arse...may be over confident....Just like the Pats were the first time around.

i dont think it'll bite them in the a##......once that whistle blows and the game kicks off...it's a battle, no one will be thinking about this stuff

I still don't like it though, calling out players by name and stating their shortcomings just isn't like us.

NYBlue10
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM

What difference does it make when and where they trash talk? You do realize that our defensive front also trash talk DURING THE GAME don't you? In fact our defensive line is known for their trash talking during the game, do you want them to stop that too?

Take a chill pill man.

gmen46
02-04-2012, 04:04 PM

lmao wow bro you're too ridiculous, chill out

questioning my fanhood or faith in the team because I dislike their attitude towards the media? Lol you're hilarious. I'm guessing you didn't care too much about how I think we're winning and that we're the better team. This talk has nothing to do with the game, but I simply DON'T LIKE IT....that's my friggin opinion, I don't have to support something that I don't agree with, that being said, I still love this team and everyone on it and I'm happy they feel the way they do, I just don't like them expressing it to the media.

I WOULD be ridiculous if I, in fact, questioned your fan hood.

I never question anyone's fan hood, of ANY team, in this forum or elsewhere, and I never questioned yours.

I do question your opinion on this particular matter, however.

And the fact that you defend your remarks by saying it's your "friggin opinion" is the last refuge of everyone who is ever challenged on what they say.

What do you really expect from both Patriots and Giants players, after 4 solid days, of MANDATORY interviews with media folk, many of whom are from all over the globe and who seldom if ever interview professional football players any other time? That they are all going to give the same identical safe robotic politically correct answers --that fit YOUR particular idea of how to answer questions?

You might want to take your own advice, and "chill out"--sit back and use some of your forum namesake.