PDA

View Full Version : Loser Eats A Gallon of Clam Chowder!

tjwhelan2
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the site and wanted to share a bet between two friends: one a Giants Fan, and one a Pats fan.

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Bill Fink a New York resident, and mega-fan must eat 1 gallon of New England Clam Chowder while wearing a Patriots Jersey. If the Giants win the Super Bowl, Craig Orsini a New England resident, and mega-fan must eat 1 gallon of Manhattan Clam Chowder while wearing a Giants Jersey. It will all be captured on video and posted to FB and YouTube.

Here's the Facebook page to keep updated and see how it all turns out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Bowl-Chowder-Challenge/342232285798018?sk=wall

Thanks!

CDN_G-FAN
02-03-2012, 10:51 AM
i'd eat the gallon of clam cowder anyway.</P>

as long as its not crazy thick like store bought caesar dressing.</P>

love clam chowder.</P>

i always make 2 dishes for Superbowl sunday, one representing each team in the SB.</P>

</P>

tjwhelan2
02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
great idea!

bLuereverie
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
If I won the bet, I'd want one gallon of clam chowder catered to me. NE style too.

NY_Eli
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I bleed blue, but NE clam chowder > Manhattan.

burier
02-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the site and wanted to share a bet between two friends: one a Giants Fan, and one a Pats fan.

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Bill Fink a New York resident, and mega-fan must eat 1 gallon of New England Clam Chowder while wearing a Patriots Jersey. If the Giants win the Super Bowl, Craig Orsini a New England resident, and mega-fan must eat 1 gallon of Manhattan Clam Chowder while wearing a Giants Jersey. It will all be captured on video and posted to FB and YouTube.

Here's the Facebook page to keep updated and see how it all turns out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Bowl-Chowder-Challenge/342232285798018?sk=wall

Thanks!

I'm sure clam chowder tastes great but I'd never try since it reminds me of vomit.

That said the thought of eating a gallon of it has just made me vomit.

jhamburg
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM

Thanks!

NE clam chowder is better but I'm pretty sure you would vomit at least 10 times trying to eat a gallon of it.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
The loser will quit after he eats 32 ounces of clam chowder. A gallon is too much.

Giantsin04
02-03-2012, 11:15 AM
This doesn't sound fair to me. Isn't Manhattan a thin broth based soup while NE is a thick cream based soup?.

Kase-1
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
i'd eat the gallon of clam cowder anyway.</p>

as long as its not crazy thick like store bought caesar dressing.</p>

love clam chowder.</p>

i always make 2 dishes for Superbowl sunday, one representing each team in the SB.</p>

</p>Ill have a gallon of both!!!!

That sounds like a delicious bet, LOL

KillaRich
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM

Thanks!

I'm sure clam chowder tastes great but I'd never try since it reminds me of vomit.

That said the thought of eating a gallon of it has just made me vomit.

dont know what you're missing man...... New England Clam Chowder is the shhiiiiitttt.....and i'm pretty sure I never had the "OFFICIAL" one here in jersey -__-

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Save some New England clam chowder for Gumby after the Super Bowl.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 11:32 AM
<FONT color=#000080 size=4>i'd eat the gallon of clam cowder anyway.</FONT></P>

as long as its not crazy thick like store bought caesar dressing.</P>

love clam chowder.</P>

i always make 2 dishes for Superbowl sunday, one representing each team in the SB.</P>

</P>

</P>

this^^^</P>

tjwhelan2
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
What does everyone think? Will the loser be able to choke down a whole gallon?

GameTime
02-03-2012, 01:53 PM
What does everyone think? Will the loser be able to choke down a whole gallon?</P>

the white will be much more difficult.</P>

whats the time limit???</P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
People have trouble doing the gallon of milk challenge. You are gonna be a gallon of adding clams, potatoes and thick creamy sauce.

Firenugget
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
What does everyone think? Will the loser be able to choke down a whole gallon?

Without knowing either guy...who could say? But as others have said, it's a win/win imo.

tjwhelan2
02-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Must consume one gallon (6 cans) in 1 hour.

DandyDon
02-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Thanks!

NE clam chowder is better but I'm pretty sure you would vomit at least 10 times trying to eat a gallon of it.

It tastes good, but it LOOKS the same before you eat it and after you vomit it up!

Cruz80
02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
There is absolutely 0% chance either guy could put down a gallon without throwing up. This bet is absolutely stupid. Do they not realize how sick this will make them?

Kase-1
02-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Must consume one gallon (6 cans) in 1 hour.Oh weak, its not even homemade clam chowder!?!?!?

That changes everything

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
a gallon...? that's disgusting.

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM

Thanks!

is that the red or the white?

http://static.moviefanatic.com/images/gallery/ace-ventura_662x250.jpg

Giants10Joe
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I bleed blue, but NE clam chowder &gt; Manhattan.

Agreed. Manhattan clam chowder just doesn't compare. In case you haven't seen, Grantland has been having a "Souper Bowl" this week and based off online polls NE clam chowder is currently winning it's final four match up and Manhattan was a first round exit.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/16107/souper-bowl-i-a-tale-of-two-french-onions

jhamburg
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Must consume one gallon (6 cans) in 1 hour.

You realize that like 99% of people can't drink a gallon of milk in an hour, right? So what are the chances that someone can eat a gallon of NE clam chowder, which is like 10 times creamier and thicker than milk?

suzyq
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM
just the thought of having to wear anything that has to do with the Patriots makes me want to vomit!

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
NICE

CA Jints Fan
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
"Firing hot clam chowder!" - Frank Rizzo

tjwhelan2
02-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Here's the Youtube Channel with the video teaser! Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tjwhelan2?feature=mhee

IBelieveEli
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
This is what makes this a great bet!
Lots of Buzz Killingtons here!
If you just had to eat a bowl what would be the point?

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 04:57 PM
This is what makes this a great bet!
Lots of Buzz Killingtons here!
If you just had to eat a bowl what would be the point?

I'm not sure there's a point anyways. The loser gets a free meal. <font color="#FF0000">Horrible lol.</font>

Champagne
02-04-2012, 05:09 PM
What a wonderful way to die !!!