PDA

View Full Version : Someone convince me that we're going to win

Sundown
02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!

MikeIsaGiant
02-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Just watch the game.

Not sure how much convincing we can do LOL

gumby742
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!</P>

I'm in the same boat as you.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Can't help you.</P>

We're facing a HOF coach, HOF QB, very high scoring offense coming off a bad game with 2 weeks to prepare, back-stopped by a much improved defense (which happens to be the specialty of the HOF coach).</P>

If you're not really nervous about this game, you're stupid.</P>

i'd pay $5,000 of my own money right now for us to be facing the Ravens instead.</P>

i still think we win, but it'll be by a play or two, not the 10-14 points i thought when i was still on the 49ers-win-high.</P>

Ruttiger711
02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!</P>

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?</P>

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless. </P>

</P>

</P>

G-Man67
02-03-2012, 12:00 PM
don't worry about the mojo factor, it's a football game and all the motivation any player needs is that it is the Super Bowl

plus, things have started coming full circle ... these media types are having a hard time picking against Brady and Vegas still has us +2.5

all the talk has been about Gronk and Hernandez, but can you ever think of 3 more dangerous WRs in Giants history ... Nicks, Cruz and Manningham are going to wreak havoc on the Pats

finally, despite some unnecessary over-confident, trash talk statements by our D ... the bottom line is that our pass rush will move Brady off the spot and we will make life difficult for him ... not saying he won't make plays, but he is in for as long an evening as he experienced back in SB 42

now, having said all that, these games are usually determined by 5 or so key plays ... key turnovers, long TDs, STs, etc. ... but i do think we are better equipped to make those kinda plays

an Osi strip, a C-Web pick, a Cruuuuuuzzzzz cruise, a Nicks "this is my ball" TD

ALL IN!!!!!

Sundown
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Can't help you.</P>

We're facing a HOF coach, HOF QB, very high scoring offense coming off a bad game with 2 weeks to prepare, back-stopped by a much improved defense (which happens to be the specialty of the HOF coach).</P>

i'd pay $5,000 of my own money right now for us to be facing the Ravens instead.</P>

i still think we win, but it'll be by a play or two, not the 10-14 points i thought when i was still on the 49ers-win-high.</P>

Ughhh. Glad I'm young cause i thought I was going to have a heart attack during the 9er game.

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Just watch the game. Not sure how much convincing we can do LOL</P>

+1. They're going to win it because they really are the better team.</P>

NY_Eli
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!

1. Giants beat the Patriots already this season without Nicks and Bradshaw.

2. We match up well against the Pats, this team was built to beat teams like NE. Look how they handled Green Bay, who have similar offensive and defensive stats.

3. Gronkowski, their key pass-catcher, is hurt.

4. Brady will be riled up for revenge, which could distract him from fundamentals.

5. If there's one player on either team that will manage the hype, the crowd noise, etc., it's Eli Manning.

Sundown
02-03-2012, 12:06 PM

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?*</P>

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless.* </P>

*</P>

*</P>

I've avoided the media most of the week, read some articles Today and damn the team has been chirpin. Parades and Talks of being in "Brady's head". It could be a recipe for disaster.

BillTheGreek
02-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Early to bed and early to rise, makes "Eli" Healthy, Wealthy and Wise !
Benjamin Franklin

CDN_G-FAN
02-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Can't help you.</P>

Ughhh. Glad I'm young cause i thought I was going to have a heart attack during the 9er game.</P>

this game is so different than the ones we've played in the post season. GB is probably the most similar team, and they just weren't themselves that game.</P>

i don't think the pats receivers will drop 8+ passes or have Brady firing over their heads.</P>

i thought the 49er game was the toughest of the year for us, based on conditions and matchups.</P>

This one is much much harder.</P>

But the one thing that this team has done in the last 6 weeks is exceed my expectations, they only have to do that one more time.</P>

GMENAGAIN
02-03-2012, 12:17 PM

I'm in the same boat as you.</P>

</P>

Me too</P>

ny06
02-03-2012, 12:19 PM

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?</P>

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless. </P>

</P>

</P>

I've avoided the media most of the week, read some articles Today and damn the team has been chirpin. Parades and Talks of being in "Brady's head". It could be a recipe for disaster.</P>

First, the JPP comment was about the last meeting with the Patriots. </P>

This is what JPP stated.</P>

“I think it will have much impact on his performance because if you look at Week 9, when we played them, it’s like he felt us,” Pierre-Paul said. “When we looked back on the film, we watched the film, and we didn’t really rush like we can rush as a defense. He was throwing balls on the ground and stuff.”</P>

And this is what Canty said.</P>

Big Blue's fans should "Get ready for a great day on Super Bowl Sunday … and get ready for a parade on Tuesday."</P>
<DIV id=sidebar></DIV>

</P>

"I don't care, doesn't matter," Canty said in reference to how his statement may anger New York's Super Bowl XLVI opponent. "Obviously, <SPAN class=ysp-player>Tom Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/)</SPAN>made a statement at their pep rally [last Sunday]. Obviously, both teams are here to try to win a football game. It just is what it is."</P>

"I'm not trying to inflame anybody or anything like that," he said. "I want our fans to be excited about the game that's coming up on Sunday. It's going to be a great football game. It's going to be a 60-minute game, and hopefully we can put ourselves in the best position to be successful."</P>

All 53 players are all in, time for the fans to be as well....</P>

BParcells777
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm just going to put my feet up and watch and enjoy the game

we already beat theses guys many times........if we lose it won't be the end of the world

Having said that the chances of us losing to this particular team is slim.......San Fran was the tough one

Rudyy
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?*</P>

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless.* </P> +1

*</P>

*</P>

I've avoided the media most of the week, read some articles Today and damn the team has been chirpin. Parades and Talks of being in "Brady's head". It could be a recipe for disaster.</P>

First, the JPP comment was about the last meeting with the Patriots. </P>

This is what JPP stated.</P>

“I think it will have much impact on his performance because if you look at Week 9, when we played them, it’s like he felt us,” Pierre-Paul said. “When we looked back on the film, we watched the film, and we didn’t really rush like we can rush as a defense. He was throwing balls on the ground and stuff.”</P>

And this is what Canty said.</P>

Big Blue's fans should "Get ready for a great day on Super Bowl Sunday … and get ready for a parade on Tuesday."</P>
<DIV id=sidebar></DIV>

</P>

"I don't care, doesn't matter," Canty said in reference to how his statement may anger New York's Super Bowl XLVI opponent. "Obviously, <SPAN class=ysp-player>Tom Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/)</SPAN>*made a statement at their pep rally [last Sunday]. Obviously, both teams are here to try to win a football game. It just is what it is."</P>

"I'm not trying to inflame anybody or anything like that," he said. "I want our fans to be excited about the game that's coming up on Sunday. It's going to be a great football game. It's going to be a 60-minute game, and hopefully we can put ourselves in the best position to be successful."</P>

All 53 players are all in, time for the fans to be as well....</P>

burier
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
CDN_G-FAN:
they have alot of legit beefs.

Tom Brady is being made out like he's Matt Ryan and not Tom Brady.

Our defense is playing better in post-season, so is there's but its still being discounted.

Gronk is hurt and apparently that's a huge issue, Nicks is hurt and apparently its not.

Our d line creates alot of pressure, especially in the post season, so has theirs.

Our o line has given up quite a bit of pressure, theirs hasn't.

People are picking the giants, but its based alot more on feel that anything else.

We're kinda like the Pats against the Colts back in the day. I just hope we hang on one more game.

I'm not getting the Brady/Matt Ryan thing.

All I hear is how if Brady wins he's the best QB in the history of football which I find hilarious. How does one game do that for you? And if So...then I'd say that one game Eli won a few years ago was pretty damn impressive and should have come with a few courage badges.

There defense should be discouted because they made Joe Flacco look like John Elway. While our Defense shut down the golden boy the consensus MVP Aaron Rogers.

No body told Gronk to get photographed wearing a walking boot and limping around all over the place. Show me some pics of Nicks in a sling and you got a story.

Our defense is healthy and NOTORIOUS for rushing the passer while the Pats best pass rusher will not be playing sunday.

Our Oline gives up pressure but our QB has shown time and time again that you have to do more than pressure him to beat him. The other QB on the other hand has shown time and time again that pressure is his kryptonite.

People are picking the Giants because the Giants are going to win.

Not touching the pats colts refrence.

Easy-Duz-It
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
who cares. the game is two days away. just relax and enjoy it.

people's predictions have no impact on that game.

...that said, i'd like to hear someone try to convince me that we're going to lose, because i honestly can't see that happening.

Easy-Duz-It
02-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Can't help you.</P>

the ravens would be a more difficult game if you ask me. $5,000 for a different opponent before the game even happened? you're crazy!

Giant stuck in Texas
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Well you could look at it this way. There are fans from 30 other teams that wish they could have your worries right now.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The only thing you should be concerned about is whether to choose pizza or hotwings on Sunday.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

lttaylor56
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Can't help you.</P>

Ughhh. Glad I'm young cause i thought I was going to have a heart attack during the 9er game.</P>

this game is so different than the ones we've played in the post season.** GB is probably the most similar team, and they just weren't themselves that game.</P>

i don't think the pats receivers will drop 8+ passes or have Brady firing over their heads.</P>

i thought the 49er game was the toughest of the year for us, based on conditions and matchups.</P>

This one is much much harder.</P>

But the one thing that this team has done in the last 6 weeks is exceed my expectations, they only have to do that one more time.</P>I'm with ya-I'd match your 5k for the Ravens. Brady is no Alex Smith, Rodgers was not right. Even though I attribute the majority of Rodgers poor play to our defense.

This is clearly our greatest challenge. I guess the super bowl should be no other way. I just hope we have 1 more GREAT game, mistake free and pull it out in the 4th quarter left in us.

lttaylor56
02-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Well you could look at it this way. There are fans from 30 other teams that wish they could have your worries right now.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The only thing you should be concerned about is whether to choose pizza or hotwings on Sunday.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Advice

Blue58
02-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Being a Giant fan for over 50 yrs I am always nervous. And it has been different this week with many so called experts picking the Giants &amp; the smack talk by players. Bottom line it will come down to the O-line &amp; D-line. Block for the run &amp; protect Eli &amp; put pressure on Brady with a four man pass rush then they will be ok. Will still have the nerves though.........

eastbayblue
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM

Relax, doesn't matter who is picking us, we're the underdog, Patriots -3.

MikeIsaGiant
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Just watch the game. Not sure how much convincing we can do LOL</P>

+1.* They're going to win it because they really are the better team.</P>

That's what many people said about the Patriots in 07, I'm not buying a clear-cut winner yet

chasjay
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Being a Giant fan for over 50 yrs I am always nervous. And it has been different this week with many so called experts picking the Giants &amp; the smack talk by players. Bottom line it will come down to the O-line &amp; D-line. Block for the run &amp; protect Eli &amp; put pressure on Brady with a four man pass rush then they will be ok. Will still have the nerves though.........

Sounds like we're in the same age bracket and we also share the eternal nervousness - I wish it was like XLII and nobody was giving us a chance.

I don't know that I can convince the OP that we're going to win, but I believe to my soul that, win or lose, the players will leave it all out there on the field - and I don't know what more we, as fans, can ask of them. I'm always Blue, but I'll be blue Blue for days (or weeks) if we don't leave with the Lombardi.

Dover Giant
02-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm sick of all this BS about BB and the Pats having two weeks to prepare.
What the hell do you think TC and the G_Men were doing playing tick tac toe?

SweetZombieJesus
02-03-2012, 01:24 PM
It's not like the Giants are invincible. But here's what I think, with cautious optimism:

- The Giants are on the bigger roll -- beating the Jets to stay alive, beating the Cowboys to win the division, shutting out Atlanta, beating the 15-1 defending champ Packers in their house, and beating the 13-3 49ers in their house. The Pats beat the Tebows and barely escaped the Raisins (who had the winning TD in their hands and blew the tying FG).

- The Giants match up well against the Pats.

- The Giants already beat the Pats in Foxboro without Nicks and Bradshaw and before the defensive renaissance.

Out D line should maul them and our offense should shred their defense, but let's assume that gets tightened up on both sides.

The Pats can win but I see this as more of an even match with the Giants in the catbird seat.

Tony Bruno
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Can't help you.</P>

</P>

</P>

Im with you on this one...</P>

cfh64
02-03-2012, 01:44 PM
It doesn't make me feel anymore comfortable when people say we match up well with the Pats because they're like Green Bay. Yes, we beat Green Bay but I feel we were very fortunate for all the dropped passes.

MikeIsaGiant
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
It doesn't make me feel anymore comfortable when people say we match up well with the Pats because they're like Green Bay. Yes, we beat Green Bay but I feel we were very fortunate for all the dropped passes.

Green Bay has a lot more weapons than the Patriots

byron
02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
They're in the ****ing show</P>

They are the New York Football Giants!!</P>

They're gonna play harder, hit harder!!</P>

They are all inand willno be denied !!</P>

Come Sunday they're just gonna go out there and take whats theirs!!!!!!!</P>

</P>

repeat this till you believeand all thoughts of Patriotshave beenwashed from your mind</P>

you will be at peace and undeniable....ALL IN !!! GO GIANTS!!!!</P>

jomo
02-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!Take two happy pills and come back Monday.

Sundown
02-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!Take two happy pills and come back Monday.

A bowl might be better