PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
IF the Giants win this Super Bowl and you could only pick ONE ... which would be your favorite Giants team in Giants' history.

I think it's still the '86 team for me because we were so dominant all year and it's the only SB we were favored in. But 2007 is close because it was the first SB I got to see with my kids and it was such an upset.

For my father it was the '56 team which to this day he says is far and away the best team the Giants ever fielded.

For my grandfather it was the '34 team (first championship).

bflo23
02-03-2012, 01:53 PM
zzzzzzzzz

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
IF the Giants win this Super Bowl and you could only pick ONE ... which would be your favorite Giants team in Giants' history.

I think it's still the '86 team for me because we were so dominant all year and it's the only SB we were favored in. But 2007 is close because it was the first SB I got to see with my kids and it was such an upset.

For my father it was the '56 team which to this day he says is far and away the best team the Giants ever fielded.

For my grandfather it was the '34 team (first championship).

thats a tough one. each one has been so awesome. the 86 one i have very little recollection of, the 90 one was so great bc i remember as a kid they'd do the superbowl tv shows leading up to the game on espn all weekend and me and my bro would pretend to be LT and stuff.

but the 2007 one was such a historic sb, i mean everyone is but that one with the pats being "unbeatable" even more so than the bills, w brady going "only 17???" the miracle play which was even more dramatic than the missed fg attempt, its kind of hard not to rank that one at 1.

but this one has yet to be played. i keep wondering which i'd prefer, a giants blow out or a last second win and i can decide which would be more memorable.

as of now id go 07, 90, 86 with this one yet to be determined. i guess what they say about history and what have u done for me lately sticking out more is true. kinda hard not to love each one

ashleymarie
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
For me it will be this one. Here's hoping we win. GO GIANTS!!</P>

</P>

But 07-08 was great also. </P>

gumby742
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
'86 also. It was the only time period where we were dominant.

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 02:00 PM
The 86 team will always have special place,Because I was at 10 homegames 2 away games and the superbowl that year!!

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
zzzzzzzzz

http://toryardvaark.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/camerond.jpg

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
86 was certainly the "best" season since like many have said they were dominant.</P>

But 07 was just such an incredible emitional ride through the playoffs and then the historical significance of theSB and how they won was second to none IMO. The road wins, the perfect season expectation, the "catch", beating up Brady, Eli with two 4th qtr TDs, etc. Plus I had two very close friends who were actually at the game!! </P>

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:03 PM
zzzzzzzzz http://toryardvaark.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/camerond.jpg</P>

Ho ho holy ****!!!!!!!!!</P>

[:O]</P>

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM
86 was certainly the "best" season since like many have said they were dominant.</P>

But 07 was just such an incredible emitional ride through the playoffs and then the historical significance of the*SB and how they won was second to none IMO. The road wins, the perfect season expectation, the "catch", beating up Brady, Eli with two 4th qtr TDs, etc. Plus I had two very close friends who were actually at the game!! </P>

Yeah I'm really torn between the two.

To make matters worse, '86 was the first Giants SB I got to see with my grandfather while '07 was the first I saw with my daughters.

I love being a fan of a team where I can have these kinds of dilemmas.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Your family x-mas pictures? You look like you had lots of fun.

Now I know why you predicted a 42-10 Patriots win in the Super Bowl. Too much drinking!

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM

But 07 was just such an incredible emitional ride through the playoffs and then the historical significance of theSB and how they won was second to none IMO. The road wins, the perfect season expectation, the "catch", beating up Brady, Eli with two 4th qtr TDs, etc. Plus I had two very close friends who were actually at the game!! </P>

Yeah I'm really torn between the two. To make matters worse, '86 was the first Giants SB I got to see with my grandfather while '07 was the first I saw with my daughters. I love being a fan of a team where I can have these kinds of dilemmas.</P>

but I hear you are a Pats fan.......[:$]</P>

gumby742
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Your family x-mas pictures? You look like you had lots of fun.

Now I know why you predicted a 42-10 Patriots win in the Super Bowl. Too much drinking!

</P>

You might want to go back to your original screen name.I miss our original msg board man child.</P>

stormblue
'86 because it was my first.
and i had to wait till i was 30 years old.
it really sucked how bad we were for so long.

now i'm not saying that was a better team than any of the rest .....i'm just saying blasting Montanna 49 to 3 then shutting out the Redskins
17 to goose egg and then going on to kick Elway's asbucket in Passadena was better than
chocolate covered euphoria.

but the really great part was knowing that it was going to happen because the Giants were just that good.

there was no doubting or nailbiting just a grand feeling of superiority.

add that to 30 years of misery and it really felt awesome.

gumby742

Yeah I'm really torn between the two. To make matters worse, '86 was the first Giants SB I got to see with my grandfather while '07 was the first I saw with my daughters. I love being a fan of a team where I can have these kinds of dilemmas.</P>

</P>

I am too. Pats rule.</P>

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:16 PM

yeah...we as Giants fans can actually choose which SB was our favorite. That in itself is awssome. Tying tha tin to family events such as yourself and it makes it all good. </P>

this post should be kept and marked for all the jaded fans who will piss and moan about the team and how much they suck and why dont we get all the good free agent players....whhaah</P>

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 02:17 PM

But 07 was just such an incredible emitional ride through the playoffs and then the historical significance of the*SB and how they won was second to none IMO. The road wins, the perfect season expectation, the "catch", beating up Brady, Eli with two 4th qtr TDs, etc. Plus I had two very close friends who were actually at the game!! </P>

Shhhhh it's a well kept secret.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:18 PM
<FONT size=4>Your family x-mas pictures?</FONT> You look like you had lots of fun.

</P>

Dude....thats funny...</P>

not knocking on Krunch but I do appreciate a good sarcastic comment</P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I am too. Pats rule.</p>

And you are the #1 Eli Hater.... You still think that Eli isn't a top 100 NFL player? We got a nice bowl of New England Crow Chowder for you after the Super Bowl, Patriot fan.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:22 PM
I am too. Pats rule.</P>

And you are the #1 Eli Hater.... You still think that Eli isn't a top 100 NFL player?
</P>

oh stop already...</P>

this thread is about picking your favorite Giants SB win and you have to turn it into yet another Eli is "this or that" thread...</P>

just stop already.....</P>

Dover Giant
02-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I was stationed outside of DC in 86 and it was great to be a Giants fan surrounded by Redskins fans.
But I felt a lot more of a high in 2007 because I had three fiends (all farve and greenbay fans) over for the NFC championship game.
I got to also hoast the SB party but they had to pay for it and drink out of I love G-Men cups

bflo23
02-03-2012, 02:35 PM
just replying to gumby's signature post that mocks eli for not being top 100 nfl player.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
just replying to gumby's signature post that mocks eli for not being top 100 nfl player.
</P>

I know....just trying to nip it in the bud so to speak.....</P>

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 02:41 PM
IF the Giants win this Super Bowl and you could only pick ONE ... which would be your favorite Giants team in Giants' history. I think it's still the '86 team for me because we were so dominant all year and it's the only SB we were favored in. But 2007 is close because it was the first SB I got to see with my kids and it was such an upset. For my father it was the '56 team which to this day he says is far and away the best team the Giants ever fielded. For my grandfather it was the '34 team (first championship).</P>

Wow...3 generations of Giant fans going back to '34 -- very cool. That is a LOT of great games and HISTORYto talk about.</P>

Me, it would be close, but I'd have to go with the '90 Giants. Winning with their back-up QB and RB against the best team that year (after knocking out Montanta and the 49ers attempt at a 3-peat) has got to still be my favorite team. But '07 is neck-and-neck with them, and we'll see what happens with SB 46.</P>

nygsb42champs
02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
They are all special but I would go with "86. It was the first one for me.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Anyone here saw/remember the '58-59 (lost to the Colts twice in a row), or the '61-63 teams (two losses to the Packers and one to the Bears)?

I'm kind of curious as to your recollections of those teams compared to mine of the '00 team.

Giantsfan62
02-03-2012, 03:22 PM
'86 because it was my first.
and i had to wait till i was 30 years old.
it really sucked how bad we were for so long.

now i'm not saying that was a better team than any of the rest .....i'm just saying blasting Montanna 49 to 3 then shutting out the Redskins
17 to goose egg and then going on to kick Elway's asbucket in Passadena was better than
"chocolate covered euphoria.

but the really great part was knowing that it was going to happen because the Giants were just that good.

there was no doubting or nailbiting just a grand feeling of superiority.

add that to 30 years of misery and it really felt awesome."

Same here. I turned 30(about a month) shortly after the first SB win.

That 1986 team was very special to me.

However, the 2007 team still won my favorite SB game!

So favorite team and Season 1986. Favorite Super Bowl game 2008-(2007) season.

Itlan
02-03-2012, 06:36 PM
I wasn't even born for the 86 and wasn't even 1 for the 1990, so I can't say much.

While I loved the 2007 team, I think I just love this team so much more.

Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, quite possibly the most explosive duo I've seen on the Giants. Eli Manning with his quiet confidence and leadership. Kenny Phillips and Corey Webster, my two favorite players.

Then again, in 07 you have Strahan and Pierce. It's tough, it really is, but to have the homegrown talent this 2010 team has, it's something to be very proud of.

suzyq
02-03-2012, 08:32 PM
the 86 team. I went to the superbowl that year. what a team and what a game!