PDA

View Full Version : Giants and Pats: Both Can't Have an "A" Game

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
A lot of talk about which team will win if they both bring their "A" games. I contend that this can't happen.

Giants "A" game among other things consists of a pass rush that gets to the QB. Sacks, hurries and knockdowns are all apart of the Giants "A" game.

The Patriots "A" game consists of Brady staying clean and upright and picking apart the opposing defense.

Hence, one or the other will have to give. There can only be ONE team that truly brings it's "A" come Sunday.

jhamburg
02-03-2012, 03:49 PM
A lot of talk about which team will win if they both bring their "A" games. I contend that this can't happen.

Giants "A" game among other things consists of a pass rush that gets to the QB. Sacks, hurries and knockdowns are all apart of the Giants "A" game.

The Patriots "A" game consists of Brady staying clean and upright and picking apart the opposing defense.

Hence, one or the other will have to give. There can only be ONE team that truly brings it's "A" come Sunday.

How about a 3rd option, both defenses suck and it's a shootout? Nobody seems to give the Giants a chance in this scenario, but why not? Our offensive is arguably more explosive than theirs, while theirs is more consistent and reliable. If Cruz and Nicks run wild, I can see us winning a shootout type game even if Brady is on.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
A lot of talk about which team will win if they both bring their "A" games. I contend that this can't happen. Giants "A" game among other things consists of a pass rush that gets to the QB. Sacks, hurries and knockdowns are all apart of the Giants "A" game. The Patriots "A" game consists of Brady staying clean and upright and picking apart the opposing defense. Hence, one or the other will have to give. There can only be ONE team that truly brings it's "A" come Sunday.</P>

well look at like this....</P>

IMO the Giants are overall the better team. If the Giants play their best game they will beat the Pats even if the Pats play their best game. So in essence each team can play an "A" type game but the better team should win in that scenario....</P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-03-2012, 04:15 PM
No offense to those who think so, but I really don't agree with anyone saying this is going to be a shoot-out.

This is a huge rematch of 07, giants defense has come out looking really good at times, they can get to Brady quickly.

I know the Patriots' secondary is weaksauce, but I doubt their defense will lie flat.

Their pass rush might will get through our o-line.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 04:49 PM

How about a 3rd option, both defenses suck and it's a shootout? Nobody seems to give the Giants a chance in this scenario, but why not? Our offensive is arguably more explosive than theirs, while theirs is more consistent and reliable. If Cruz and Nicks run wild, I can see us winning a shootout type game even if Brady is on.

While I agree our offense is explosive, so far this season the Pats have scored more points total and have a better average per game.

They also tend to score faster than us (time of possession versus scores) while we have made more big plays (of the 20+ yard variety).

I think a shootout would favor them to be honest, but only by a smidge.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
No offense to those who think so, but I really don't agree with anyone saying this is going to be a shoot-out.

This is a huge rematch of 07, giants defense has come out looking really good at times, they can get to Brady quickly.

I know the Patriots' secondary is weaksauce, but I doubt their defense will lie flat.

Their pass rush might will get through our o-line.

I tend to agree here ... I think it will be a low scoring slug fest similar to our last SB matchup with them.