PDA

View Full Version : Baas (and help) vs Wilfork can mean a win or loss for SB46

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I really hope they can contain him Wilfork.

The last thing you want is for constant pressure to come up the middle to Elis face. It happened for about 2 years with Ohara before he was released and it was the main reason I wanted a replacement for him.

I just hope they can at least pass protect for Eli at the least. The run is the least of my concerns (but would be nice).

I noticed that while many say that the Pats defense improved in the playoffs (still look at the offenses they faced) they have allowed more rushing yards, approximately 130 yards per game. With that said maybe they can run a bit better in the SB.

I just hope it all just doesn't come down to that match up.

G-Man67
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
yeah he is a load inside ... my way to deal with Wilfork is to convert on 3rd down ... while the man is a great athlete for his size/shape ...but he is only human and the longer he is on the field for drives and the game, the more he will tire out

and, of course, preventing long drives by NE is equally important and there have been many posts about NE going no huddle ... if they do a lot of no huddle ... Wilfork might suffer

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 02:41 PM
yeah he is a load inside ... my way to deal with Wilfork is to convert on 3rd down ... while the man is a great athlete for his size/shape ... he is only human and the longer he is on the field for drives and the game, the more he will tire out

and, of course, preventing long drives by NE is equally important and there have been many posts about NE going no huddle ... if they do a lot of no huddle ... Wilfork might sufferthis year or at least the last handful of games (cannot recall) but he has been averaging about 60 plays per game. A higher number then in previous years. He also has nearly 4 sacks in last 2 games I believe.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 02:42 PM
We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.most is true. But he is better this year, no denying that.

G-Man67
02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
yeah he is a load inside ... my way to deal with Wilfork is to convert on 3rd down ... while the man is a great athlete for his size/shape ... he is only human and the longer he is on the field for drives and the game, the more he will tire out

and, of course, preventing long drives by NE is equally important and there have been many posts about NE going no huddle ... if they do a lot of no huddle ... Wilfork might sufferthis year or at least the last handful of games (cannot recall) but he has been averaging about 60 plays per game. A higher number then in previous years. He also has nearly 4 sacks in last 2 games I believe.

which is pretty amazing, but my guess he has to be taking some of those plays off ... not that he turtles up on the ground, but that he more or less just goes through the motions to pace himself a bit ... he is also very smart and even Wilfork "taking a play off", still presents a big road block in the middle, but not necessarily the active, penetrating, disruptive force he can be when he is going full force

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM

The last thing you want is for constant pressure to come up the middle to Elis face. It happened for about 2 years with Ohara before he was released and it was the main reason I wanted a replacement for him.

I just hope they can at least pass protect for Eli at the least. The run is the least of my concerns (but would be nice).

I noticed that while many say that the Pats defense improved in the playoffs (still look at the offenses they faced) they have allowed more rushing yards, approximately 130 yards per game. With that said maybe they can run a bit better in the SB.

Didn't he play in the last game? Don't we always have someone we need to game plan for? Haven't we, for the most part, been successful in doing that?

GameTime
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
while he will present aproblems and he will make plays he is only one player. The winner of the LOS will decide the game IMO but it will be as a group. The Pats will line up in base 3-4 and 4-3 at times. So Wilfork will not always be over Baas.</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Didn't he play in the last game?* Don't we always have someone we need to game plan for?* Haven't we, for the most part, been successful in doing that?
Baas didn't play that game.

And yes I hope they game plan for it and I assume they have. But again just because you do still means the guys have to execute the plan.

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.most is true. But he is better this year, no denying that.</P>

And we beat Wilfork and a healthy Pats team in the middle of the year in NE. I know that is a different game, but I LOVE our chances and confidence.</P>

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 03:28 PM
We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.most is true. But he is better this year, no denying that.</P>

And we beat Wilfork and a healthy Pats team in the middle of the year in NE.* I know that is a different game, but I LOVE our chances and confidence.</P>True we did.

But Baas was not playing, that is when we replaced him w/Boothe and then Petrus, and we even started to run better as well.

ryan12
02-03-2012, 03:43 PM
We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.

agreed 100%

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Wilfork's conditioning has certainly improved this year, but a no huddle offense would slow him down.

I expect a no huddle offense this week at some points.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Wilfork's conditioning has certainly improved this year, but a no huddle offense would slow him down.

I expect a no huddle offense this week at some points.Would be nice, but would be surprised unless we are down a bit or the 2 minute drill.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 04:03 PM

I expect a no huddle offense this week at some points.Would be nice, but would be surprised unless we are down a bit or the 2 minute drill.Normally I'd agree with that earlier in the year. The no huddle was deadly for us, but if we used it too much it would take away from its effectiveness IMO.

But now in the SB, it's a good way to counter the Pats defense and even more importantly, keep them in base defense which they have a lot of issues rushing the passer from.

Plus they're young, make that defense have to communicate to counter our complexity on offense.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 04:07 PM

I expect a no huddle offense this week at some points.Would be nice, but would be surprised unless we are down a bit or the 2 minute drill.Normally I'd agree with that earlier in the year. The no huddle was deadly for us, but if we used it too much it would take away from its effectiveness IMO.

But now in the SB, it's a good way to counter the Pats defense and even more importantly, keep them in base defense which they have a lot of issues rushing the passer from.

Plus they're young, make that defense have to communicate to counter our complexity on offense.

i agree with ur sentiments gmen. i would also def. go to it if NE starts running a no huddle and puts up points pretty quickly. i trust our defense to make more stops than theirs, so if they run it and score a quick td, i'd also like to see us counter it.

on the flip side, if we can run the no huddle and score quickly then it may put more pressure on them to not run the no huddle to ensure they can maximize their drive.

i think our offense should be able to score more than theirs, and our d should be able to stop them more than theirs.

it is the house peyton built that no huddle, it'd be awesome to see us run a version of it and beat NE with it.

cmon now, u guys think eli didnt mention the no huddle at some point to KG? We learned that Peyton and Eli actually do discuss opposing defenses and what works, what doesn't. Peyton and Eli coulda discussed the no huddle and Eli brought it up to KG

swimeasy
02-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Wilfork's conditioning has certainly improved this year, but a no huddle offense would slow him down. I expect a no huddle offense this week at some points.Would be nice, but would be surprised unless we are down a bit or the 2 minute drill.Normally I'd agree with that earlier in the year. The no huddle was deadly for us, but if we used it too much it would take away from its effectiveness IMO. But now in the SB, it's a good way to counter the Pats defense and even more importantly, keep them in base defense which they have a lot of issues rushing the passer from. Plus they're young, make that defense have to communicate to counter our complexity on offense. i agree with ur sentiments gmen. i would also def. go to it if NE starts running a no huddle and puts up points pretty quickly. i trust our defense to make more stops than theirs, so if they run it and score a quick td, i'd also like to see us counter it. on the flip side, if we can run the no huddle and score quickly then it may put more pressure on them to not run the no huddle to ensure they can maximize their drive. i think our offense should be able to score more than theirs, and our d should be able to stop them more than theirs. it is the house peyton built that no huddle, it'd be awesome to see us run a version of it and beat NE with it. cmon now, u guys think eli didnt mention the no huddle at some point to KG? We learned that Peyton and Eli actually do discuss opposing defenses and what works, what doesn't. Peyton and Eli coulda discussed the no huddle and Eli brought it up to KG</P>

+1</P>