PDA

View Full Version : So most like the Giants with a caveat. Must pressure Brady I call BS!!!

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Because if we do not get pressure on Brady we will lose.

Yet...

What happens if Eli isn't pressured? So Eli has won most of the games this year w/o a defense w/the toughest schedule in the last 10 games compared to any other teams. But no one has to worry about Eli especially after some of the history he has made this year.

Oh thats right he just got hot at the end.

GMENAGAIN
02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I was just saying to someone today that this is an overloooked element of this game -- can the Pats get pressure on Eli?

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Excuse my French and bluntness, but screw caveats. The Giants WILL get to TB and they WILL win this game. Hands down. Just feeling it.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I was just saying to someone today that this is an overloooked element of this game -- can the Pats get pressure on Eli?Amazing how it really is.

Eli and the team has the most 40+ and 70+ yard tds.

Eli has the most yards on 3rd down of any QB

Eli has the most 4th quarter TDs and the best stats in the 4th quarter.

No idea, how he doesn't matter, even when you compare Eli to Brady man up this year, and in big spots like 3rd downs, 4th quarters and the SOS.

burier
02-03-2012, 03:39 PM
The overlooked element of the game is...if The Pats do get pressure on Eli will it make a difference?

G-Man67
02-03-2012, 03:59 PM
the thing is that we will pressure Brady, that is a given

we pressured the last 5 QBs, at least, that we played and we pressured Brady the last 2 times we played him

it's more to do with how Brady handles the pressure ... does he get stripped, does he throw INTs, does he get happy feet, does he rush things, does he lose confidence, does he get banged up

if he can somehow weather the storm and find a way to convert on 3rd down or hit a big play, then he can put up enough points for them to win ... just look at Eli vs. SF ... he was under pressure the entire game, esp. the 2nd half and while he didn't set the world on fire ... he managed to do enough to win the game

DandyDon
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
The overlooked element of the game is...if The Pats do get pressure on Eli will it make a difference?

This actually worries me the most. Everyone it talking about us getting to Brady, and I think we will, but I also think they will get to Eli.

Our O-line needs to play tough.

Lambeau12
02-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I hope the Gmen come out on top but I feel it will be a very tough game. The Giants are a classy team while the Pats are the villians I think. I do wish the Giants would quit talking though, dont want that to jinx them.

swimeasy
02-03-2012, 04:47 PM
the thing is that we will pressure Brady, that is a given

we pressured the last 5 QBs, at least, that we played and we pressured Brady the last 2 times we played him

it's more to do with how Brady handles the pressure ... does he get stripped, does he throw INTs, does he get happy feet, does he rush things, does he lose confidence, does he get banged up

if he can somehow weather the storm and find a way to convert on 3rd down or hit a big play, then he can put up enough points for them to win ... just look at Eli vs. SF ... he was under pressure the entire game, esp. the 2nd half and while he didn't set the world on fire ... he managed to do enough to win the game

Agreed, which is why the Oline needs to step up as well, a concern for me throughout the playoffs and the wheels nearly came off the bus in SF. Wilfork and Co will come to play. They know Eli and the Explosives will torch them if given time.</P>