PDA

View Full Version : Its the Craziest thing

burier
02-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Hanging out on this message board during this run is really crazy for me because each week I've known that we were going to win but everyone is analyzing the games and claims to be worried and whatever.

I'm thinking...nope I'm not having any trouble sleeping.

Nope I'm not worried.

I just wish you guys knew what I know so that you could breath easier.

I'll get ignored just like I was ignored all the way back in the Atlanta game but I'll try again.

The Giants are going to win. There's no if ands or....

I can list all the reasons why but its irrelevant. All that anyone needs to know is that the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. And that's pretty ****in awesome

Mod_N
02-03-2012, 03:56 PM
They call that the "Eli"

GameTime
02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Hanging out on this message board during this run is really crazy for me because each week I've known that we were going to win but everyone is analyzing the games and claims to be worried and whatever. I'm thinking...nope I'm not having any trouble sleeping. Nope I'm not worried. I just wish you guys knew what I know so that you could breath easier. I'll get ignored just like I was ignored all the way back in the Atlanta game but I'll try again. The Giants are going to win. There's no if ands or.... I can list all the reasons why but its irrelevant. All that anyone needs to know is that the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. And that's pretty ****in awesome</P>

well having confidence in your team is great and we all have that to varying degrees. But you cant really "know" they are going to win. Thats impossible of course. We all have our own ways of pushing down the anxiety. Your way is having unwavering faith that they "will" win. My way is to realize the game is bewteen two teams that have great stregnths and a few weaknesses. I feel if the Giants play their best game it will better then the Pats best game. But I will ceratinly watch the game with anxiety of the big mistake happening but at the same time with big confidence they can get it done. </P>

G-Man67
02-03-2012, 04:06 PM
i love your confidence burier, but be honest ... late in that SF game ... you had to be a nervous wreck ... that game was slipping away from us ... SF was really attacking us on O ... it was totally up in the air, we were very fortunate to pull it out ... thank u J. Williams and D. Thomas!! and all Giants players and coaches

burier
02-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Hanging out on this message board during this run is really crazy for me because each week I've known that we were going to win but everyone is analyzing the games and claims to be worried and whatever. I'm thinking...nope I'm not having any trouble sleeping. Nope I'm not worried. I just wish you guys knew what I know so that you could breath easier. I'll get ignored just like I was ignored all the way back in the Atlanta game but I'll try again. The Giants are going to win. There's no if ands or.... I can list all the reasons why but its irrelevant. All that anyone needs to know is that the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. And that's pretty ****in awesome</P>

well having confidence in your team is great and we all have that to varying degrees. But you cant really "know" they are going to win. Thats impossible of course. We all have our own ways of pushing down the anxiety. Your way is having unwavering faith that they "will" win. My way is to realize the game is bewteen two teams that have great stregnths and a few weaknesses. I feel if the Giants play their best game it will better then the Pats best game. But I will ceratinly watch the game with anxiety of the big mistake happening but at the same time with big confidence they can get it done. </P>

I hear you but....This isn't the first time the Giants have been in the playoffs. With the exception of the 07 run and this run I've been a nervous wreck going into the games. But this playoff run feels different.

So no I guess you're right I can't "Know"...

Yet somehow I do.

TuckYou
02-03-2012, 04:11 PM

Sometimes, thats the best part. The surprise factor. The stress factor. Sometimes nail biters are better then blowouts. But Id take either as long as the Giants are on top. </P>

burier
02-03-2012, 04:15 PM
i love your confidence burier, but be honest ... late in that SF game ... you had to be a nervous wreck ... that game was slipping away from us ... SF was really attacking us on O ... it was totally up in the air, we were very fortunate to pull it out ... thank u J. Williams and D. Thomas!! and all Giants players and coaches

You wanna know a true story about that game?

I was watching with my Girlfriend who was actually in tears because she just couldn't handle the stress and I look over to her and I say "Relax babe. We're gonna win."

Now its not like I'm reclined back in my lazyboy sipping a rainbow colored drink "Loddydah the Giants are gonna win" .

I'm on the edge of my seat but not because I think we might lose...I'm just intrigued to see how we win.

Its like watching the old Batman series with Adam West. "I wonder how they're gonna get out of this one." You don't know how but you know before the shows over everything will be ok.

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 04:16 PM

+1. That's what happens when there's 2 weeks between games. I love analyzing things too, but there's just too much going on. That, and the Gronk watch.</P>

burier
02-03-2012, 05:53 PM
longest two weeks ever

Kase-1
02-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Hanging out on this message board during this run is really crazy for me because each week I've known that we were going to win but everyone is analyzing the games and claims to be worried and whatever.

Nope I'm not worried.

I'll get ignored just like I was ignored all the way back in the Atlanta game but I'll try again.

I can list all the reasons why but its irrelevant. All that anyone needs to know is that the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. And that's pretty ****in awesomeAre you really Biff from 'Back To The Future' and do you actually have that sports almanac??

burier
02-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Nope I'm not worried.

I can list all the reasons why but its irrelevant. All that anyone needs to know is that the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. And that's pretty ****in awesomeAre you really Biff from 'Back To The Future' and do you actually have that sports almanac??

Ha that's funny.

My 5 year old looks me in the eye right after the National Anthem and asks. "What if the Giants lose?"

So I reply:Son the Giants are going to win the Super Bowl.

And he says: Do you promise?

And I say: I promise.

jomo
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM

Nope I'm not worried.

I can list all the reasons why but its irrelevant. All that anyone needs to know is that the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. And that's pretty ****in awesomeStay close, we've got a championship to defend!!

I was actually right where you were during the playoffs. I had a peaceful feeling before each game. Maybe it was because I saw first hand how well we were playing against the cowboys and Falcons. Anytime I saw a Giant interviewed, I saw strength, confidence and most of all focus. Go back and rewatch the game. During the singing of "America the Beautiful" look at Eli's eyes, Cruz' eyes, Jacobs' eyes. They knew what needed to be accomplished and they went out and did it.

Go Blue!!

Kruunch
02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Glad I wore my boots for this post.

burier
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Glad I wore my boots for this post.

shouldn't be somehwere mourning the loss?

bansaw
02-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Nope I'm not worried.

Ha that's funny.

My 5 year old looks me in the eye right after the National Anthem and asks. "What if the Giants lose?"

And I say: I promise.after the 2nd qtr and start the 3rd with TD drives I bet your ballsack tightened a bit after a promise like that

burier
02-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Nope I'm not worried.

I can list all the reasons why but its irrelevant. All that anyone needs to know is that the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. And that's pretty ****in awesomeStay close, we've got a championship to defend!!

I was actually right where you were during the playoffs. I had a peaceful feeling before each game. Maybe it was because I saw first hand how well we were playing against the cowboys and Falcons. Anytime I saw a Giant interviewed, I saw strength, confidence and most of all focus. Go back and rewatch the game. During the singing of "America the Beautiful" look at Eli's eyes, Cruz' eyes, Jacobs' eyes. They knew what needed to be accomplished and they went out and did it.

Go Blue!!

No question I ready for the repeat. I kinda decided to take a bus to New York last minute for the parade and ended up sleeping on a friend's futon.

Next year I'm booking early.

burier
02-08-2012, 02:09 PM

Nope I'm not worried.

Ha that's funny.

And I say: I promise.after the 2nd qtr and start the 3rd with TD drives I bet your ballsack tightened a bit after a promise like that

Yeah the Giants are nerve wracking but...I never had a doubt.

bansaw
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I cant promise things I have no part in the outcome

me I'd say I sure hope so but we'll need to cheer real loud

GameTime
02-08-2012, 02:14 PM
you were right...</P>

what else can I say....</P>

oh I know...</P>

what are the Power Ball numbers for Friday???</P>

</P>

burier