PDA

View Full Version : If The Giants win on Sunday...

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Will the Cultist's finally stick a sock in it, or will they be more annoying as ever?

And this is coming from a big Simms fan.

When the Giants won the SB in 1986/87 I didn't go running around to anyone and everyone I argued with, in order to get some vindication. Why? Because I didn't need to. Us winning and Simms' performance was all that was needed. There was nothing left to be said.

When Simms went 22 for 25 in the Super Bowl you never once heard any Simms fan make a point to tell you that 2 of his passes were in fact dropped by his receivers. Why? Because it didn't matter. We won the ****in Super Bowl.

Someday, you might understand what it means to put the Giants before any one player. That's if you stick around after Eli's gone.

vcruz2013
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
oh shut up. Don't force the issue if you don't want the issue to exist.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 03:40 PM
zzzzzzzzz

Giantsin04
02-03-2012, 03:50 PM
The better question is, If the Giants win onSunday will you and Gumby finally shut the **** up about Eli? Every day it becomes more clear that you two haters have been, and continue to be as wrong about a player as any one could ever be.</P>

</P>

Take your own advice and stick a sock in it.</P>

speedman
02-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Will the Cultist's finally stick a sock in it, or will they be more annoying as ever?

When the Giants won the SB in 1986/87 I didn't go running around to anyone and everyone I argued with, in order to get some vindication. Why? Because I didn't need to. Us winning and Simms' performance was all that was needed. There was nothing left to be said.

When Simms went 22 for 25 in the Super Bowl you never once heard any Simms fan make a point to tell you that 2 of his passes were in fact dropped by his receivers. Why? Because it didn't matter. We won the ****in Super Bowl.

Someday, you might understand what it means to put the Giants before any one player. That's if you stick around after Eli's gone.

You were probably one of the people booing Simms in the begining.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM

Yes. I made all that stuff up because I hate Eli.

Terrific.

Mod_N
02-03-2012, 04:09 PM

All my friends hate the Giants. My best friends are a 49ers fan, Eagles fan, Cowboys fan, and Patriots fan.... I'm just smiling.

Ruttiger711
02-03-2012, 04:10 PM

<FONT color=#000000>When Simms went 22 for 25 in the Super Bowl you never once heard any Simms fan make a point to tell you that 2 of his passes were in fact dropped by his receivers.</FONT> <FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Why? Because it didn't matter.</FONT> We won the ****in Super Bowl.

</P>

.... or because these boards werent around. </P>

Big Blue 418
02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't even know what this thread is about ? Eli vs Simms . You know what I am more concerned about kivking the Pats a*s sunday tpo get in some debate with 2 of our best qbs .

If you think Simms os better good , but Eli is the one playing Sunday so lets all just hope he plays the way he has this season and eat alive the Pats . D

GmenFan1980
02-03-2012, 04:11 PM
http://imgtool.in/images/succesqnq.gif

It's not nice to troll people dude :P

speedman
02-03-2012, 04:14 PM

Terrific.

Were you booing Simms in the begining? If not you should have been because he was worse than Eli ever was in the begining of their careers.

Ruttiger711
02-03-2012, 04:15 PM
this has got to be the oddest thread ... </P>

at least the "Simms is bashing Eli" thread is based on Simms actually saying something and someone's interpretaion of it.... </P>

Such an effort to be devisive in such good times for the team. </P>

gumby742
02-03-2012, 04:18 PM
The better question is, If the Giants win onSunday will you and Gumby finally shut the **** up about Eli? Every day it becomes more clear that you two haters have been, and continue to be as wrong about a player as any one could ever be.</P>

</P>

</P>

What did I say that was so wrong? This should be interesting.</P>

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:19 PM

All my friends hate the Giants. My best friends are a 49ers fan, Eagles fan, Cowboys fan, and Patriots fan.... I'm just smiling.

Exactly.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

vcruz2013
02-03-2012, 04:19 PM
The better question is, If the Giants win on*Sunday will you and Gumby finally shut the **** up about Eli?* Every day it becomes more clear that you two haters have been, *and continue to be as wrong about a player as any one could ever be.</P>

*</P>

</P>

What did I say that was so wrong?* This should be interesting.</P>

Look at your sig... straight ignorance

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 04:21 PM

depends how the haters respond...

im sure those that were talking **** about Simms didn't continue to run their mouth

the real question is, if we win sunday are u gonna come party with us in the parking lot!

Big Blue 418
Why are we discussing this now ? This thread makes Giants fans lookl ike idiots . 2 day from the superbowl and another Eli vs Simms debate really ? I mean really . Lets beat the Pats and sometime in the 4 or 5 months we can debate that .

Right know my answer on who is better is I DON'T CARE

Roosevelt

Terrific.

Were you booing Simms in the begining? If not you should have been because he was worse than Eli ever was in the begining of their careers.

No. I've never gotten into booing my team.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Why are we discussing this now ? This thread makes Giants fans lookl ike idiots . 2 day from the superbowl and another Eli vs Simms debate really ? I mean really . Lets beat the Pats and sometime in the 4 or 5 months we can debate that .

lol. A Simms/Eli debate.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:24 PM

im sure those that were talking **** about Simms didn't continue to run their mouth

the real question is, if we win sunday are u gonna come party with us in the parking lot!

lol.

When Tuesday? I just may!

But how can anyone be a hater? There's nothing to hate, and there hasn't been for a long time.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 04:26 PM

When the Giants won the SB in 1986/87 I didn't go running around to anyone and everyone I argued with, in order to get some vindication.* Why?* Because I didn't need to.* Us winning and Simms' performance was all that was needed.* There was nothing left to be said.

When Simms went 22 for 25 in the Super Bowl you never once heard any Simms fan make a point to tell you that 2 of his passes were in fact dropped by his receivers.* Why?* Because it didn't matter.* We won the ****in Super Bowl.

Someday, you might understand what it means to put the Giants before any one player.* That's if you stick around after Eli's gone.

Eli baiter

chasjay
02-03-2012, 04:26 PM

I was a Giants fan before Eli was even born. If I understand correctly, back when SB XXI was played, you didn't feel the need to mention that Simms had two passes dropped in that game - but now, some 25 years later, you feel the need to point it out. Some might say that sounds a bit cultish.

I hope, first and foremost, that the Giants win their fourth Super Bowl and that every player, including Eli, has a great game. I hope none of Eli's passes are dropped. Unless they happen to hit a Patriot in the hands [:)]

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 04:29 PM

lol.

When Tuesday? I just may!

But how can anyone be a hater? There's nothing to hate, and there hasn't been for a long time.

ahhh but there is my friend

I mean look at Gumby's sig, hes actually trying to push the fact that theres some truth to Eli not being a top 100 QB

Do u remember the threads before this season? Trade Eli to whoever gets the first pick so we can get Luck? That we should trade Eli for Kolb because hes a better cap hit?

I mean there has been some absolutely RIDIC stuff said. They are hushed up now but they are there

and ur goddamn right tuesday. You better.. let ur boss know now- u haven't been feeling well

plant the seed and let it grow so u can leave work early tues. I told my boss if the giants win im leaving early and may be out wed. Full pregame like a tailgate and then onto the show....

then prob over to the ponies after a lil post event tailgating!

GMENAGAIN

</P>

Time to find new friends . . . . [;)]</P>

MattMeyerBud

Eli baiter

who are u kidding, your the master baiter

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 04:31 PM

When the Giants won the SB in 1986/87 I didn't go running around to anyone and everyone I argued with, in order to get some vindication.* Why?* Because I didn't need to.* Us winning and Simms' performance was all that was needed.* There was nothing left to be said.

When Simms went 22 for 25 in the Super Bowl you never once heard any Simms fan make a point to tell you that 2 of his passes were in fact dropped by his receivers.* Why?* Because it didn't matter.* We won the ****in Super Bowl.

Someday, you might understand what it means to put the Giants before any one player.* That's if you stick around after Eli's gone.

Eli baiter

spying?

bflo23
02-03-2012, 04:32 PM

You got that right. What a "perfect time" to rip on Eli a couple days before he goes into the Super Bowl? I think you are being kind when you say "idiots". Don't assume that everyone on this board is a Giants fan.

You got tweedledee here.... And you got tweedledum (gumby) said that Eli isn't even in the top 100 NFL players in 2011.

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Eli baiter

spying?

more like enjoying

[;)]

bflo23
02-03-2012, 04:33 PM
What are the odds that roosevelt and gumby will bash Eli Manning if he should win the Super Bowl?

Complain that he didn't throw for 500 yards and 6 TDs?

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM

You got that right. What a "perfect time" to rip on Eli a couple days before he goes into the Super Bowl? I think you are being kind when you say "idiots". Don't assume that everyone on this board is a Giants fan.

You got tweedledee here.... And you got tweedledum (gumby) said that Eli isn't even in the top 100 NFL players in 2011.

you guys really need to calm yourselves.

First off, the segment with Simms vs Eli happened this past wed night

and he didn't rip eli in here at all

u guys alrite?

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
What are the odds that roosevelt and gumby will bash Eli Manning if he should win the Super Bowl?

i wouldn't put them in the same catagory - roosevelt understand that top 100 list was a joke

bflo23
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM

u guys alrite?

He assumes Eli supporters are "cultists" and "more annoying than ever"..... His words... Not mine. Read it.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM

Eli baiter

So, a couple posts rubbed me the wrong way! [;)]

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Eli baiter

spying?

more like enjoying

[;)]
LMFAO. Speechless lol

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 04:37 PM

<table id="top" class="h msg_meta" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="sep"></tr><tr id="sep">
<td colspan="4" id="m" class="ctop" height="4px">
</td><td rowspan="2" id="r" class="ctr">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>Aug 23 1985, 5:22 pm

NFC EAST: The 'Skins are the safe pick here, although I think
the Cardinals could eek out the division with the 'Skins
getting the Wild-Card. The Gi-Ants could also surprise
a few people this year now that they have a (tsk tsk)
running game. It's just too bad <b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Phil [/b]<b style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">Simms[/b] doesn't
have anybody worth throwing to (Sorry Gi-Ant fans, but
Lofton, Jefferson &amp; Coffman have thoroughly spoiled me).
The most inspiring aspect of this upcoming season is that
the Cowpies will probably not even go .500. Yahoo!!!!!

Pulled from a google group search posted in 1985. lol!

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 04:38 PM

u guys alrite?

He assumes Eli supporters are "cultists" and "more annoying than ever"..... His words... Not mine. Read it.
While some do mean what they say/type others like to stir the pot.

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM

u guys alrite?

na thats you jumping to conclusions...

and they kind of are more annoying than ever. Anybody that curses out Phil Simms after he said ELI is HOF material and the best QB the Giants ever but that he'd take PEyton over him - is MADDDD

And he asked a question, he didn't make a statement with the more annoying than ever part

"Will the Cultist's finally stick a sock in it, or will they be more annoying as ever?"

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:44 PM

I was a Giants fan before Eli was even born. If I understand correctly, back when SB XXI was played, you didn't feel the need to mention that Simms had two passes dropped in that game - but now, some 25 years later, you feel the need to point it out. Some might say that sounds a bit cultish.

I hope, first and foremost, that the Giants win their fourth Super Bowl and that every player, including Eli, has a great game. I hope none of Eli's passes are dropped. Unless they happen to hit a Patriot in the hands [:)]

I guess I didn't make my point very clear in the OP.

I didn't know that 2 passes were dropped until this past week. I never heard anyone talk about it before. Did you? We were more concerned about winning our 1st Super Bowl. The fact that Simms set the record was just gravy. For me anyway.

The post was not about Simms vs Eli. It was simply a comment on the behavioral differences between fans back then and now. In other words, Simms' fans were not so annoying.
[;)]

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 04:47 PM

I didn't know that 2 passes were dropped until this past week.* I never heard anyone talk about it before.* Did you?* We were more concerned about winning our 1st Super Bowl.* The fact that Simms set the record was just gravy.* For me anyway.

The post was not about Simms vs Eli.* It was simply a comment on the behavioral differences between fans back then and now.* In other words, Simms' fans were not so annoying.
[;)]*

There was no Internet (in the public domain) or MB. Nice try, but strike 1 [:p]

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM

u guys alrite?

I am an Eli supporter. But I'm anti-Cultist. There is a difference you know.

chasjay
02-03-2012, 04:51 PM

I didn't know that 2 passes were dropped until this past week. I never heard anyone talk about it before. Did you? We were more concerned about winning our 1st Super Bowl. The fact that Simms set the record was just gravy. For me anyway.

The post was not about Simms vs Eli. It was simply a comment on the behavioral differences between fans back then and now. In other words, Simms' fans were not so annoying.
[;)]

Just playing along Rosie. The whole world was less annoying back then. It would be a curious mental exercise to know what would be going on here now if Eli (just as he is now) had played 25 years ago and Simms was coming along now (just as he was then). I don't know what the exchanges would be like, but somebody would be annoyed!

Go Giants!!

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 04:53 PM

[;)]

There was no Internet (in the public domain) or MB. Nice try, but strike 1 [:p]

Very true. It would probably would have been just as bad.

And that means....I would have been a....Simms....Cultist?

[+o(]

Ew, I just puked in my mouth.

bigjeep
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM

</P>

I've always said, players come and go, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here! [B]

</P>

gumby742
02-03-2012, 11:06 PM

lol.

When Tuesday?* I just may!*

But how can anyone be a hater?* There's nothing to hate, and there hasn't been for a long time.

I mean look at Gumby's sig, hes actually trying to push the fact that theres some truth to Eli not being a top 100 QB

Do u remember the threads before this season? Trade Eli to whoever gets the first pick so we can get Luck? That we should trade Eli for Kolb because hes a better cap hit?

I mean there has been some absolutely RIDIC stuff said. They are hushed up now but they are there

and ur goddamn right tuesday. You better.. let ur boss know now- u haven't been feeling well

plant the seed and let it grow so u can leave work early tues. I told my boss if the giants win im leaving early and may be out wed.* Full pregame like a tailgate and then onto the show....

Lol the fact that you Eli folk are getting so butt hurt over a sig makes it even harder for me to stop trolling you guys.

And please I even said many times that Eli belonged on that list - rubbish or not. For whatever reason it's hard for you to comprehend that I can put myself in others people's shoes and think that they may have a point - even when I don't agree with it.

gumby742
02-03-2012, 11:08 PM

i wouldn't put them in the same catagory - roosevelt understand that top 100 list was a joke

Read my posts again about that damn list. Unbelievable.

Edit I even explained to you the purpose of that sig. I guess you missed that too. It actually has nothing to do with Eli belonging on that list and everything about Eli cheering type folk labeling everyone as a hater for not thinking he's the greatest.

M0rbid
02-03-2012, 11:11 PM

<table id="top" class="h msg_meta" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="sep"></tr><tr id="sep">
<td colspan="4" id="m" class="ctop" height="4px">
</td><td rowspan="2" id="r" class="ctr">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>Aug 23 1985, 5:22 pm

NFC EAST: The 'Skins are the safe pick here, although I think
the Cardinals could eek out the division with the 'Skins
getting the Wild-Card. The Gi-Ants could also surprise
a few people this year now that they have a (tsk tsk)
running game. It's just too bad <b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Phil [/b]<b style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">Simms[/b] doesn't
have anybody worth throwing to (Sorry Gi-Ant fans, but
Lofton, Jefferson &amp; Coffman have thoroughly spoiled me).
The most inspiring aspect of this upcoming season is that
the Cowpies will probably not even go .500. Yahoo!!!!!

Pulled from a google group search posted in 1985. lol!

This is Amazing!!!!!! It felt I traveled through time. I missed the 80's.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 11:14 PM
labeling everyone as a hater for not thinking he's the greatest.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 11:20 PM

That's what this is all about.

Because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

So Cultists, let it be.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM

plant the seed and let it grow so u can leave work early tues. I told my boss if the giants win im leaving early and may be out wed. Full pregame like a tailgate and then onto the show....

I can't believe what I just read. Are you serious that Gumby was wishing that Eli should have been traded for Kolb?! And you seriously believe he is a real Giants fan? No you don't.

gumby742
02-03-2012, 11:26 PM

So Cultists, let it be.

With Eli playing lights out I think I gave some too much credit - knowing when a sig is a blatant troll attempt or not. I love playing devils advocate but c'mon. Enou is enough with my sig. Sheesh.

Edit. And this is directed at you mmb. I thought you were better then that.

Let me repeat what I said in the post before this. The sig regarding the list was directed not at Eli himself but at his cheering secjtion that would label anyone who didn't think Eli was the greatest a hater.

It's that simple.

GmenFan1980

So Cultists, let it be.

Yeah, you should just let the cultist believe what they want, it's their opinion after all http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif
but then these board wouldn't be as fun, now would they lol

GmenFan1980

So Cultists, let it be.

Yeah, you should just let the cultist believe what they want, it's their opinion after all http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM

So Cultists, let it be.

The crap I've read lately makes me cringe.

I mean there's been an awful lot of flapping gums from the Eli camp how it's a done deal.

Can we just win first before anointing #10 the almighty?

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM

So Cultists, let it be.

I think Gumby has his own little cult following and brainwashed some posters..... With this Eli needs to be traded for Kolb..... Eli isn't a top 100 NFL player.... Sad to see some posters drink this troll's koolaid.

VegasGmen
02-03-2012, 11:38 PM
This thread is annoying!! hopefully this fades too page 2 by tomorrow

gumby742
02-03-2012, 11:41 PM

So Cultists, let it be.

With Eli playing lights out I think I gave some too much credit - knowing when a sig is a blatant troll attempt or not. I love playing devils advocate but c'mon. Enou is enough with my sig. Sheesh.

Let me repeat what I said in the post before this. The sig regarding the list was directed not at Eli himself but at his cheering secjtion that would label anyone who didn't think Eli was the greatest a hater.

It's that simple.

Bump again. Bflo can ignore because I enjoy having my personal fan club.

GmenFan1980
02-03-2012, 11:46 PM

So Cultists, let it be.

I mean there's been an awful lot of flapping gums from the Eli camp how it's a done deal.

that seems logical....but then again

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/1/d1ec37ee-222a-433c-af09-4a81420e50ec.jpg

to add my own .02 cents. I like Eli, I believe he is a top 5 QB but I couldn't care where people rate him on these silly list. I don't bash him when he makes mistakes, and really I just give Eli a pat on the back when he does good job.

bflo23
Sorry Gumby but Eli &gt; Kolb.

Roosevelt

So Cultists, let it be.

I think Gumby has his own little cult following and brainwashed some posters..... With this Eli needs to be traded for Kolb..... Eli isn't a top 100 NFL player.... Sad to see some posters drink this troll's koolaid.

Chill man. No need to play drama queen right now.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM

So Cultists, let it be.

that seems logical....but then again

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/1/d1ec37ee-222a-433c-af09-4a81420e50ec.jpg

to add my own .02 cents. I like Eli, I believe he is a top 5 QB but I couldn't care where people rate him on these silly list. I don't bash him when he makes mistakes, and really I just give Eli a pat on the back when he does good job.

[B]

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Chill man. No need to play drama queen right now.

What kind of kool-aid is it, Rosie?

fruit punch right? Tomorrow, you will be saying "Eli isn't a top 100 NFL player and demand him to be traded for Kolb."

giantsfan420
02-04-2012, 03:05 AM
i still find it remarkable for some one who can't stop complaining about eli manning, he brings him up as often as possible. not trying to be mean or rude or none of that. just find it ironic, the guy who is saying "will you guys finally shut up about eli" is often the same person bringing him up.

don't get it. but unfortunately, when we win sunday, i'm pretty sure eli will be the talk of the nfl for the entire off season. no one will have to do the talking around here, the talking heads will be doing it all for us.

like for example gumby. i cannot find or recall any post that doesn't involve eli manning, and his sig is dedicated to bringing up eli manning. i've never seen gumby talk about the defense, jpp, heck even lt...odd isn't it?

DragonSoul
02-04-2012, 03:42 AM

So Cultists, let it be.

there is no need to anoint someone who is already the anointed one [:p]

Roosevelt
02-04-2012, 11:09 AM
i still find it remarkable for some one who can't stop complaining about eli manning, he brings him up as often as possible. not trying to be mean or rude or none of that. just find it ironic, the guy who is saying "will you guys finally shut up about eli" is often the same person bringing him up.

don't get it. but unfortunately, when we win sunday, i'm pretty sure eli will be the talk of the nfl for the entire off season. no one will have to do the talking around here, the talking heads will be doing it all for us.

like for example gumby. i cannot find or recall any post that doesn't involve eli manning, and his sig is dedicated to bringing up eli manning. i've never seen gumby talk about the defense, jpp, heck even lt...odd isn't it?

You're not getting it 420. It is not Eli Manning. It's you guys with a complex about him. Even going back to Harooni.

It's you guys that get upset if others don't see things the way you do.

It's you guys that have been so concerned about building him up, and now want to make sure that everybody is witnessing every moment of his greatness.

Admit it, if we win, and Eli isn't the talk of the NFL then you'll be bent because he should be the toast of the NFL.

I've never been able to understand the whole Eli thing. I'm a team guy. I love my NY Giants. I really don't care about all the individual stuff - that's all secondary to me. If a player has great stats, that's cool, but only if we win.

Eli only cares about winning too. That's what I admire most about Eli Manning. His selflessness - all he cares about is helping the Giants win championships. Now that is very cool, and that's worth talking about.

Morehead State
02-04-2012, 11:18 AM

</P>

Lets hope we have a chance to find out.</P>

NY_Eli
02-04-2012, 11:38 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3619/3303877717_742520b279.jpg

Giants are in the super bowl chill out people!

gumby742
02-04-2012, 01:53 PM

So Cultists, let it be.

It's that simple.
Bump.

miked1958
02-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Yep and he threw one out of bounds on purpose

FBomb
02-04-2012, 02:20 PM
lol...........the ONLY point to this thread is that Rosie and Gumby have had to come to grips with being wrong about Eli. If Eli wins another SB MVP they are going to have to eat a lot of crow.....or SEVERAL posters will simply force it down their throats.</P>

You'd have been better off NOT starting this thread, Rosie, the 'cultists' are not about to let you live it down now.</P>

DragonSoul
02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
lol...........the ONLY point to this thread is that Rosie and Gumby have had to come to grips with being wrong about Eli.* If Eli wins another SB MVP they are going to have to eat a lot of crow.....or SEVERAL posters will simply force it down their throats.</P>

You'd have been better off NOT starting this thread, Rosie, the 'cultists' are not about to let you live it down now.</P>lmao

bflo23
02-04-2012, 02:39 PM
lol...........the ONLY point to this thread is that Rosie and Gumby have had to come to grips with being wrong about Eli. If Eli wins another SB MVP they are going to have to eat a lot of crow.....or SEVERAL posters will simply force it down their throats.</p>

You'd have been better off NOT starting this thread, Rosie, the 'cultists' are not about to let you live it down now.</p>

100% right.... Rosie and Gumby will have a nice bowl of New England Crow Chowder if Eli should win. What are the odds that they will complain? Rosie "Eli did ok but he wasn't 22 out 25 with 3 TDs like Simms."

Gumby "Sure Eli won his 2nd Super Bowl but if the Giants had Kevin Kolb, Kolb would have won the Giants 4 Super Bowls by now."

Rosie may be a real Giant fan but Gumby isn't a Giants fan.... Nothing but a Patriot, Eli hating Troll who never got over the 2008 Super Bowl.

gumby742
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
lol...........the ONLY point to this thread is that Rosie and Gumby have had to come to grips with being wrong about Eli.* If Eli wins another SB MVP they are going to have to eat a lot of crow.....or SEVERAL posters will simply force it down their throats.</P>

You'd have been better off NOT starting this thread, Rosie, the 'cultists' are not about to let you live it down now.</P>

Exactly what about Eli am I going to have to eat crow for?

bflo23
02-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Exactly what about Eli am I going to have to eat crow for?

Save your appetite.... Mr. "Lets trade Eli for Kevin Kolb".

FBomb
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
lol...........the ONLY point to this thread is that Rosie and Gumby have had to come to grips with being wrong about Eli. If Eli wins another SB MVP they are going to have to eat a lot of crow.....or SEVERAL posters will simply force it down their throats.</P>

Exactly what about Eli am I going to have to eat crow for?</P>

Well, for starters, if Eli wins another SB MVP I will be starting a thread asking those who said "we gave up too much for him" to come forth and tell us if they STILL feel that way. </P>

It's no question that your stance on Eli has "softened" a bit this season, but you were always one of the more vocal proponents of Eli and whether or not he has what it takes to carry this team.</P>

FBomb
02-04-2012, 03:17 PM

100% right.... Rosie and Gumby will have a nice bowl of New England Crow Chowder if Eli should win. What are the odds that they will complain? Rosie "Eli did ok but he wasn't 22 out 25 with 3 TDs like Simms."

Gumby "Sure Eli won his 2nd Super Bowl but if the Giants had Kevin Kolb, Kolb would have won the Giants 4 Super Bowls by now."

Rosie may be a real Giant fan but Gumby isn't a Giants fan.... Nothing but a Patriot, Eli hating Troll who never got over the 2008 Super Bowl.

</P>

Oh, I don't agree with that. Gumby may have been wrong about Eli, but he IS a Giants fan....of that I have no doubt.</P>

gumby742
02-04-2012, 03:21 PM

</P>

Oh, I don't agree with that.* Gumby may have been wrong about Eli, but he IS a Giants fan....of that I have no doubt.</P>

Are you really taking this guy seriously?! C'mon man!

But I am enjoying all the attention though.

FBomb
02-04-2012, 03:23 PM

</P>

Oh, I don't agree with that. Gumby may have been wrong about Eli, but he IS a Giants fan....of that I have no doubt.</P>

Are you really taking this guy seriously?! C'mon man! But I am enjoying all the attention though.</P>

Just keepin it real! [;)]</P>

yatitle
02-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Rosie, for a guy who calls himself a team first guy why do you care what is said about Eli. Besides if Eli passes Simms in rings that ship will have sailed and its time to talk about how TC has surpassed the Bloated Tuna anyway.

gumby742
02-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Well, for starters, if Eli wins another SB MVP I will be starting a thread asking those who said "we gave up too much for him" to come forth and tell us if they STILL feel that way.* </P>

It's no question that your stance on Eli has "softened" a bit this season, but you were always one of the more vocal proponents of Eli and whether or not he has what it takes to carry this team.</P>

The day we won the SB in 2007. I said the trade was worth it - even if we didn't win another one. The trade was beneficial for both teams.

My many positive things I said about Eli just lost in all the other rivers vs Ben talk.

I will tell you exactly what I WILL eat crow though and that is my stance that eli is inaccurate, inconsistent, and inefficient. But because I'm just not as fickle as some, it's going to take one more year of something similar. It doesn't have to be anywhere near as great either.

Edit - and I believe we both agreed at the beginning of this year if Eli has a stinker and we got the first pick n the draft, we would not be opposed to drafting Andrew luck. Remember that?

bigjeep
02-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Well, for starters, if Eli wins another SB MVP I will be starting a thread asking those who said "we gave up too much for him" to come forth and tell us if they STILL feel that way. </P>

</P>

And what will they say if Eli has a badday and we lose! You know they will be crying for the Roth man and the guy on the left coast! [st]</P>

bigjeep
02-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Rosie, for a guy who calls himself a team first guy why do you care what is said about Eli. Besides if Eli passes Simms in rings that ship will have sailed and its time to talk about how TC has surpassed the Bloated Tuna anyway.</P>

Fans forget that Simms lost his starting job the year after the 1990 SB to Hoss. Eli is the best QB the N.Y. Giants have ever had bar none although my hats off to Y.A. Tittle! [B]</P>

bflo23
02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
And what will they say if Eli has a badday and we lose! You know they will be crying for the Roth man and the guy on the left coast! [st]</p>

Who is "they"? Have you seen many posters wanting Big Ben or Rivers over Eli? At least there is an argument with Big Ben (I still prefer Eli) but nobody in their right mind would take Rivers if Eli lost. Have you seen Rivers in the post season? He folds like a cheap tent. Do people care about post season performance anymore?

lawl
02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
And what will they say if Eli has a badday and we lose! You know they will be crying for the Roth man and the guy on the left coast! [st]</P>

Who is "they"? Have you seen many posters wanting Big Ben or Rivers over Eli? At least there is an argument with Big Ben (I still prefer Eli) but nobody in their right mind would take Rivers if Eli lost. Have you seen Rivers in the post season? He folds like a cheap tent. Do people care about post season performance anymore?
</P>

Not that I think Rivers is better than Eli, but Rivers did tear his ACL in a playoff game, finished the game and played well; but hey, lets not let facts get in the way.</P>

yatitle
02-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Rosie, for a guy who calls himself a team first guy why do you care what is said about Eli. Besides if Eli passes Simms in rings that ship will have sailed and its time to talk about how TC has surpassed the Bloated Tuna anyway.</P>

Fans forget that Simms lost his starting job the year after the 1990 SB to Hoss. Eli is the best QB the N.Y. Giants have ever had bar none although my hats off to Y.A. Tittle!* [B]</P>

Don't forget the soon to be HOF coach also picked Scott Bruner over Simms in 1983.

lawl
02-04-2012, 04:28 PM

Fans forget that Simms lost his starting job the year after the 1990 SB to Hoss. Eli is the best QB the N.Y. Giants have ever had bar none although my hats off to Y.A. Tittle! [B]</P>

Don't forget the soon to be HOF coach also picked Scott Bruner over Simms in 1983.</P>

Why so much ill will towards Parcells? If he hadn't been hired who knows where this franchise would be.</P>

bflo23
02-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Not that I think Rivers is better than Eli, but Rivers did tear his ACL in a playoff game, finished the game and played well; but hey, lets not let facts get in the way.</p>

Was it his his tear in the ACL that made him throw more INTERCEPTIONS than TDs in playoffs? He also has a 3-4 playoff record and 79 QB rating but lets not let facts get in the way.

"It wasn't Rivers who played terrible in the playoffs... It was his ACL!" That is a new one.

yatitle
02-04-2012, 04:33 PM

Fans forget that Simms lost his starting job the year after the 1990 SB to Hoss. Eli is the best QB the N.Y. Giants have ever had bar none although my hats off to Y.A. Tittle!* [B]</P>

Don't forget the soon to be HOF coach also picked Scott Bruner over Simms in 1983.</P>

Why so much ill will towards Parcells? If he hadn't been hired who knows where this franchise would be.</P>

Never forgave him for walking out in May of 91 after BB & TC had left for HC jobs. He always got way too much credit. Ray Perkins rebuilt a team that was a laughing stock and embarrassment and Parcells had the good fortune to have the greatest coaching staff ever assembled. Proof is in the pudding Parcells never won a playoff game BB wasn't on his staff.

bflo23
02-05-2012, 11:51 PM

Eli cultists? I don't know if they are cultists but you may hear a couple Eli fans go crazy and talk about his performance tonight. He only won the super bowl.

gumby742
02-07-2012, 12:22 PM

The day we won the SB in 2007. I said the trade was worth it - even if we didn't win another one. The trade was beneficial for both teams. My many positive things I said about Eli just lost in all the other rivers vs Ben talk. I will tell you exactly what I WILL eat crow though and that is my stance that eli is inaccurate, inconsistent, and inefficient. But because I'm just not as fickle as some, it's going to take one more year of something similar. It doesn't have to be anywhere near as great either. Edit - and I believe we both agreed at the beginning of this year if Eli has a stinker and we got the first pick n the draft, we would not be opposed to drafting Andrew luck. Remember that?</P>

</P>

bump for fbomb.</P>