PDA

View Full Version : I dont believe Gronkowski will be hobbled on Sunday...

Blackula31
02-03-2012, 05:07 PM
at least not enough to make him ineffective. He can definitely cause issues for us... All of this talk of him being hurt... is for show at this point!

Big Blue 418
02-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Only way to find out is by sweeing the leg

bflo23
02-03-2012, 05:15 PM
I saw limping in just his walk yesterday. If he is limping with his walk, you know it will be hampering him running routes. Giants are gonna make him pay on every single play.

For show? Did his ankle twist all the way to the side for show? He should be so lucky that he has just a high ankle sprain that needs surgery rather than a broken foot.

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 05:16 PM
We will be prepared for him at 100%

bflo23
02-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Only way to find out is by sweeing the leg

Antonio Pierce said "Alligator roll tackles" on that ankle.

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 05:18 PM
</P>

+1. I hope he is 100%. I want their best.</P>

FBomb
02-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Well, there goes their excuse for losing.

dezzzR
02-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Gronk could be a problem to deal with near the goal line but its probably going to bother him when hes trying to block Osi or Tuck

Blackula31
02-03-2012, 05:22 PM
You dont think his trainers arent gonna give him a shot of something before he suits up? Even Brian Urlacher says players take those anti-inflammatory's in order to play thru pain!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-03-2012, 05:23 PM
</P>

+1. I hope he is 100%. I want their best.</P>If he is hurt, so be it. Its not like there will be an asterik next to this game stating "The Gronk was out so thats why Giants won"If he plays and then gets rushed off the field oh well. We have been plagued by injuries for the last few seasonsincludingthe entire first 3/4 of this season and made it to the big show.

jomo
02-03-2012, 05:24 PM
at least not enough to make him ineffective. He can definitely cause issues for us... All of this talk of him being hurt... is for show at this point!Thank you Dr. Kildare! (giving away my age with this)

Ruttiger711
02-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Gronk could be a problem to deal with near the goal line but its probably going to bother him when hes trying to block Osi or Tuck
</P>

he could be - but he's got to beknocked hard off the line if he tries to spring free... </P>

get to him early... i cant imagine him being MORE effective as the game goes on... </P>

Blackula31
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
at least not enough to make him ineffective. He can definitely cause issues for us... All of this talk of him being hurt... is for show at this point!Thank you Dr. Kildare! (giving away my age with this) No problem :rolleyes:

miked1958
02-03-2012, 05:49 PM
at least not enough to make him ineffective. He can definitely cause issues for us... All of this talk of him being hurt... is for show at this point!
I doubt it. Although I want to beat an opponent at their very best, there is no way he is at 100%.

BB is the master of being sneaky when it comes to players injuries.
However with that said he would not have held the kid out of practice for almost a full two weeks just to gain an edge. Practice is more valuable at this point...

GameTime
02-03-2012, 06:00 PM
they will tape him up and shoot him up. No body really knows how sprained his ankle was or is. You hear all these other players saying it takes like 4 weeks to heal. Well maybe it wasnt as bad as some one elses sprain. He will be in...he will play hard....and he will make plays....</P>

</P>

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 06:04 PM
You dont think his trainers arent gonna give him a shot of something before he suits up? Even Brian Urlacher says players take those anti-inflammatory's in order to play thru pain!!!

anti inflammatory?

try morphine

Blackula31
02-03-2012, 06:12 PM

anti inflammatory?*

try morphine

It's called Toradol... it's an anti-inflammatory

Denaliman316
02-03-2012, 06:21 PM
If he plays ( I am not convinced he is) our guys will try to jam him and make him change direction and bounce side to side. If that's the case I don't expect him to last long.

Going back and watching that TD he had against us he pushed off big and it wasn't called.

It's a high ankle sprain people on a human being people!

GameTime
02-03-2012, 06:24 PM
they will tape him up and shoot him up. No body really knows how sprained his ankle was or is. You hear all these other players saying it takes like 4 weeks to heal. Well maybe it wasnt as bad as some one elses sprain. He will be in...he will play hard....and he will make plays....</P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 06:34 PM

All the shots and pills won't fix the tear in his ligament. A tear that he NEEDS SURGERY FOR. There is a reason why all the players who have experienced this injury say it will take much longer than 2 weeks to heal. I have to listen to the players who had high ankle sprains and doctors who treat such injuries.... And look at the long list of players healing times. Is Gronk that much different than Adrian Peterson, Big Ben, Dwight Freeney, Marshal Faulk, etc?

buddy33
02-03-2012, 07:13 PM
How did the tape and shots work for Big Ben?

So they faked what looked like a horrible injury during a game they almost lost?

Then to make it look good they held him out of practice for about a week and a half before the biggest game of the season?

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 07:17 PM

So they faked what looked like a horrible injury during a game they almost lost?

Then to make it look good they held him out of practice for about a week and a half before the biggest game of the season?

this might all be true, but how do we know if it's a high ankle sprain? so far the only person who said it was a high ankle sprain was Gronk's dad. How do you know Belichick didn't setup a "controlled" leak of a high ankle sprain. While it didn't effect the Giants preparation..it's something to think about.

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I feel it's a trick by lil bill

buddy33
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM

this might all be true, but how do we know if it's a high ankle sprain?* so far the only person who said it was a high ankle sprain was Gronk's dad.* How do you know Belichick didn't setup a "controlled" leak of a high ankle sprain.* While it didn't effect the Giants preparation..it's something to think about.

He may be putting on an acting job that could earn him an Oscar, but I don't think holding a guy out of practice for almost 2 weeks before the biggest game of the year is a good plan.

Big Blue 418
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Its not fooling anyone if its a trick

Denaliman316
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I saw a tweet this morning on I think the Blue Screens twitter about Gronk practicing yesterday and the reporter pushed Bellichek on what Gronk did and Bellicheck wouldn't comment.

For all we know he could've been stretching and riding a stationary bike with his ankle taped to the petal so it wouldn't move.

What's weird is Welker is on the injury report too listed as questionable. Well we know he will play but see if they really wanted to be clever they would've put Gronk on the Doubtful status.

suzyq
02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
doesn't matter what condition Gronk is in. we will be ready for him. WE ARE ALL IN!

Mr. Zolo
02-03-2012, 08:54 PM

I read on PFT that Drew Rosenhaus said that if it wasn't for the Super Bowl, he wouldn't be playing. An agent saying that after 2 weeks of recovery time probably means he might have to get surgery on it.

Outside of being a threat running straight down the field, Gronk might be a decoy the entire game as long as he can bear the pain.

NYBlue10
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I have come to a conclusion on the matter that Gronk is seriously hurt and will be a decoy on Sunday. Why do I think that? Because of how Gronk has been acting, as if the injury doesn't bother him, well if that is the case there's nothing Giants have to tinker with their game plan. Gronk is really hurt but they don't want to give it away so he's acting like he's ok. If Gronk was ok, I would have him act like he's hurt so that Giants would have a doubt over their heads you know. I'm 100% sure that Gronk is a decoy.

Mr. Zolo
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
If Gronk plays, you know the Giants are going for the ankle (like any othe rteam would do, so don't call it dirty). If he doesn't play, then the Giants still need to worry about Welker and Hernandez. Either way, all the Giants can do is gameplan for the Gronk.

NYG 5
02-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Gronk is going to fade away in the second half the way Dwight Freeney did a couple years ago. Giants just have to jam him all game and make him work that ankle.

thanks to the injury though, the guy is freaking Ivan Drago with a helmet. so glad he isn't there to give us heart attacks.

bearbryant
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
The good thing is that he's not the same dude that played us in game 9 but how badly he hurt...well we'll get to assess that as soon as we line up across from him and test him a bit. They'll be able to ease the pain for the first half but he'll still be limited in motion, action and ability to push on that leg. In the 4th quarter when it might count, the meds are bye bye and he'll be hobbling around if he really does have a high ankle sprain! Either way: Its all good!

nycisgreat
02-03-2012, 11:44 PM

+1

I won't be surprised if this guy is healthy. I am pretty sure the Giants coaching didn't buy into the Pats injury concern this past week.

pica01
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Listen,he's gonna play but there no way he's healthy.Were gonna have to game plan for him anyway.Look at Ballard.He's playing but he's a shadow compared to when he was healthy.But Pascow and Beckum have made an impact.Hopefully,these 2 weeks off helped Ballard.If he's a recieving threat again...geez,we should win this game.they can't cover our weapons.

BallinNY
02-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Just my 2 cents...

Gronk has ligament damage and a high ankle sprain. Sure the sprain can be held together by a good tape job and pain masked by the cortisone shot he will probably have to take. But ligament damage isn't something that a tapejob or shot can improve much.

It isn't like you inject yourself and you will be able to be 100%, ligaments are crucial to mobility and shifting weight (hence the limp).

I am not saying he wont be able to play, he will likely be able to run, but not cut well. Separation is created by cuts, suddenness, and speed. I just don't see him being able to attain any of those traits with ligament damage.

pezman1963
02-04-2012, 02:01 AM
listed as questionable at last i report.........

buddy33
02-04-2012, 07:24 AM
He is a dangerous player, but I thought the Giants played him well the 1st time they played and he was healthy. If he is 70-80% I think that they will be able to handle him even better.

Ruttiger711
02-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Just my 2 cents... <FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Gronk has ligament damage <FONT size=6>and</FONT> a high ankle sprain</FONT>. Sure the sprain can be held together by a good tape job and pain masked by the cortisone shot he will probably have to take. But ligament damage isn't something that a tapejob or shot can improve much. It isn't like you inject yourself and you will be able to be 100%, ligaments are crucial to mobility and shifting weight (hence the limp). I am not saying he wont be able to play, he will likely be able to run, but not cut well. Separation is created by cuts, suddenness, and speed. I just don't see him being able to attain any of those traits with ligament damage.</P>

Isn't a sprain by definition, ligament damage?</P>

He's going to have so much tape on there its practially going to be a cast and that alone will limit his mobility... if the Giants make him work for absolutely everything on every play he will less and less effective as time goes on. At that point using him as a decoy is only going to hurt the Pats.</P>

Big Blue 418
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
One way to find out , SWEEP THE LEG

GameTime
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM

I read on PFT that Drew Rosenhaus said that if it wasn't for the Super Bowl, he wouldn't be playing. An agent saying that after 2 weeks of recovery time probably means he might have to get surgery on it. Outside of being a threat running straight down the field, Gronk might be a decoy the entire game as long as he can bear the pain.</P>

Drew Rosenhaus is an sgent. He lies for a living. With BB history of how he deals with injury as far as press and what not I see Gronk playing and playing well. However if his injury is legit then even if he used as a decoy then they will only have to single cover him. I still see him making a huge play or two...at least.</P>

nycisgreat
02-04-2012, 02:55 PM

+infinite. I am pretty sure the Giants didn't buy into this injury fiasco.

bflo23
02-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Isn't a sprain by definition, ligament damage?</p>

He's going to have so much tape on there its practially going to be a cast and that alone will limit his mobility... if the Giants make him work for absolutely everything on every play he will less and less effective as time goes on. At that point using him as a decoy is only going to hurt the Pats.</p>

Gronk is definitely hurting with a legit high ankle sprain. By the looks of watching that tackle and hearing reports that he will need surgery after the game, it is as serious as it can be. He will take pills and a shot but that can only do so much. Patriots need to be careful because they are at high risk of ruining his career and making it a lot worse if they press him too much. I know it is the super bowl but there has to be a line where Gronk is actually hurting the patriots chances and the line where he can cause major damage that could linger for a long time or possibly never heal.

And the Giants will be extra physical with Gronk and will do alligator roll tackles on him every chance they can.

redjersies
02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I think you are right. I think the that the Patriots are hoping that we will get distracted, but I am thinking that Gronkowski will be at top form almost. I used to play rugby, and I played much of an entire game with a shoulder that I think was separated...lol...I never went to the doctor. I was tacklingn people with just one good arm, and it worked pretty good. I don't even think I was that much of a liablity. It is the mental part of the game that is often so important. So, I think Gronkowski will be out there and will be trying to get open. I think the Patriots are hoping that the Giants will underestimate Gronkowski or not prepare for a healthy Gronkowski. Nevertheless, I am not a doctor and cannot say for certain how Gronkowski's ankle will be...I am just going on a gut feeling.

calzonesays
02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I think you are right. I think the that the Patriots are hoping that we will get distracted, but I am thinking that Gronkowski will be at top form almost. I used to play rugby, and I played much of an entire game with a shoulder that I think was separated...lol...I never went to the doctor. I was tacklingn people with just one good arm, and it worked pretty good. I don't even think I was that much of a liablity. It is the mental part of the game that is often so important. So, I think Gronkowski will be out there and will be trying to get open. I think the Patriots are hoping that the Giants will underestimate Gronkowski or not prepare for a healthy Gronkowski. Nevertheless, I am not a doctor and cannot say for certain how Gronkowski's ankle will be...I am just going on a gut feeling.

this is ligament damage on an ankle though. and this is professional football, getting open requires speed, quick cuts, fast routes. all of which is not very easy if the ankle is messed up.

redjersies
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Isn't a sprain by definition, ligament damage?</P>

He's going to have so much tape on there its practially going to be a cast and that alone will limit his mobility... if the Giants make him work for absolutely everything on every play he will less and less effective as time goes on. At that point using him as a decoy is only going to hurt the Pats.</P>

Gronk is definitely hurting with a legit high ankle sprain. By the looks of watching that tackle and hearing reports that he will need surgery after the game, it is as serious as it can be. He will take pills and a shot but that can only do so much. Patriots need to be careful because they are at high risk of ruining his career and making it a lot worse if they press him too much. I know it is the super bowl but there has to be a line where Gronk is actually hurting the patriots chances and the line where he can cause major damage that could linger for a long time or possibly never heal.

And the Giants will be extra physical with Gronk and will do alligator roll tackles on him every chance they can.
</P>

Hmmm....I just read your information. I didn't realize thatGronkowski might have surgery after the game; I just thought it was a regular sprained ankle. If what you are saying about his ankleis correct, then I think you are right about the fact that the Patriots should be careful not to jeapordize his health. A game is never more important that someone's health.</P>

TheGeorgeGro
02-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Giants fans are expending way too much energy on Gronk...he'll play, rest assured. And he will be effective. You guys really need to start worrying about their other weapons...Hernandez...Welker...Branch...Wilfork... even Ocho is a threat...and of course Brady. This is for redemption. And although I respect what the Giants have done this post season...it ends in Indy. Patriots 31 Giants 27

NYBlue10
02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Giants fans are expending way too much energy on Gronk...he'll play, rest assured. And he will be effective. You guys really need to start worrying about their other weapons...Hernandez...Welker...Branch...Wilfork... even Ocho is a threat...and of course Brady. This is for redemption. And although I respect what the Giants have done this post season...it ends in Indy. Patriots 31 Giants 27
Ocho is a threat yeah right, another Patriot troll trying to spread BS. Gronk is really hurt and won't do anything, only threats are Welker and Hernandez. Branch and Ocho are washed up jokes. Your Patriots are so finished.

You know what really scares the Patriots is that Brady is no longer Brady, he sucks in playoff games vs. real competition, and Eli will outplay him. Game over.

dinz
02-04-2012, 08:45 PM
branch still has something in tank, but its dink and donk for pats ,5 yd passes, crucial for the giants, to limit yards after catch.. CRUCIAL

GiantinCt
02-04-2012, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6z3TG0RFo
Looks like he hurt it to me. Cortizone and oxycotin will make it manageable but I think he'll be limited

miked1958
02-04-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6z3TG0RFo
Looks like he hurt it to me. Cortizone and oxycotin will make it manageable but I think he'll be limitedI hope he is not hurt. Want no excuses from them when we whip them

Cosmiknight
02-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Injured or not if he is on that field you play him as if he was one hundred percent.

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
branch still has something in tank, but its dink and donk for pats ,5 yd passes, crucial for the giants, to limit yards after catch.. CRUCIALIf we can just tackle and completely limit YAC, there is nothing to worry about.

Champagne
02-04-2012, 10:55 PM
There's no way that Gronk can be effective for the whole game.

Champagne
02-04-2012, 10:56 PM

I don't think so, dude. Gronk is hurt. The Giants are better this year.