PDA

View Full Version : Interesting factoid...

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 06:14 PM
From the NFL Live Show on ESPN they said JPP has taken more snaps than ANY defensive lineman in the NFL. Clealy, the more snaps he takes on Sunday, the better the pressure on Brady.

The other day there was a thread about who we didn't have play in the last game which was Bradshaw and Nicks but I believe I am correct in recalling Hynoski didn't play in that game either. So we have three offensive weapons for this game that we didn't have for the last game AND one of them, namely Hynoski, should be a big help with Wilfork if needed.

chasjay
02-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Per Gamebook:

Did Not Play: Carr and Petrus

Inactive: Bradshaw, Nicks, Hynoski, Baas, Prince A., S. Andrews, J. Brewer

BigBlue1971
02-03-2012, 06:38 PM
we already know what Nicks and Bradshaw bring to the field but i love the thought of Hynoski in this game. in addition to his potential help with Wilfork he could be a great weapon outta the backfield.</P>

hope they all play their best game ever!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
we already know what Nicks and Bradshaw bring to the field but i love the thought of Hynoski in this game. in addition to his potential help with Wilfork he could be a great weapon outta the backfield.</p>

hope they all play their best game ever!</p>

</p>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">Go Giants!</font></p>

We beat them without these guys and now all three will be playing key roles...

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 06:49 PM
From the NFL Live Show on ESPN they said JPP has taken more snaps than ANY defensive lineman in the NFL.* Clealy, the more snaps he takes on Sunday, the better the pressure on Brady.

The other day there was a thread about who we didn't have play in the last game which was Bradshaw and Nicks but I believe I am correct in recalling Hynoski didn't play in that game either.* So we have three offensive weapons for this game that we didn't have for the last game AND one of them, namely Hynoski, should be a big help with Wilfork if needed.
Baas also didn't play, and some players were hurting on defense as well.

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 06:52 PM
From the NFL Live Show on ESPN they said JPP has taken more snaps than ANY defensive lineman in the NFL. Clealy, the more snaps he takes on Sunday, the better the pressure on Brady.

The other day there was a thread about who we didn't have play in the last game which was Bradshaw and Nicks but I believe I am correct in recalling Hynoski didn't play in that game either. So we have three offensive weapons for this game that we didn't have for the last game AND one of them, namely Hynoski, should be a big help with Wilfork if needed.

I'm not sure I still wouldn't rather have Boothe at center in front of Wilfork but he'll be a LG and Hynoski may well be the neutralizer for Wilfork. I would rather have Baas at center for purposes of the snap. Hde has been low balling some of late, but Boothe goes high and that's more likely to get by Eli IMO.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 06:56 PM
From the NFL Live Show on ESPN they said JPP has taken more snaps than ANY defensive lineman in the NFL.* Clealy, the more snaps he takes on Sunday, the better the pressure on Brady.

The other day there was a thread about who we didn't have play in the last game which was Bradshaw and Nicks but I believe I am correct in recalling Hynoski didn't play in that game either.* So we have three offensive weapons for this game that we didn't have for the last game AND one of them, namely Hynoski, should be a big help with Wilfork if needed.

I'm not sure I still wouldn't rather have Boothe at center in front of Wilfork but he'll be a LG and Hynoski may well be the neutralizer for Wilfork.* I would rather have Baas at center for purposes of the snap.* Hde has been low balling some of late, but Boothe goes high and that's more likely to get by Eli IMO.
BTW boothe really only had 1 game that he threw them high, and that was dallas which we won. And as you said Baas started doing it of late (high or low are both problems)

I honestly do not care as long as we win. Just hope its not a reason for a possible loss.

I do have a feeling if Baas is having issues they will replace him (hope he doesn't). The question will be, how long would they wait.

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 07:38 PM

I'm not sure I still wouldn't rather have Boothe at center in front of Wilfork but he'll be a LG and Hynoski may well be the neutralizer for Wilfork. I would rather have Baas at center for purposes of the snap. Hde has been low balling some of late, but Boothe goes high and that's more likely to get by Eli IMO.
BTW boothe really only had 1 game that he threw them high, and that was dallas which we won. And as you said Baas started doing it of late (high or low are both problems)

I honestly do not care as long as we win. Just hope its not a reason for a possible loss.

I do have a feeling if Baas is having issues they will replace him (hope he doesn't). The question will be, how long would they wait.

An interesting question is would they let Eli make the in-game call?

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 07:42 PM

I'm not sure I still wouldn't rather have Boothe at center in front of Wilfork but he'll be a LG and Hynoski may well be the neutralizer for Wilfork.* I would rather have Baas at center for purposes of the snap.* Hde has been low balling some of late, but Boothe goes high and that's more likely to get by Eli IMO.

An interesting question is would they let Eli make the in-game call?
Probably, but doubt he would make the call & leave it up to the coaches.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM
loving this thread. odd how this hasn't been mentioned in any of the pregame shows i've seen at least.

also on offense i remember MM was playing banged up with his knee issues i believe. their was some others too who played but were pretty banged up, memory doesn't go back that far.

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 10:47 PM
loving this thread. odd how this hasn't been mentioned in any of the pregame shows i've seen at least.

also on offense i remember MM was playing banged up with his knee issues i believe. their was some others too who played but were pretty banged up, memory doesn't go back that far.

We can't underestimate the "EVERYONE IS HEALTHY" aspect of this game. While the "everyone" doesn't include some of our starters who are on IR, it's still EVERYONE. Good for player rotation on the lines.

Pat Kirwan said something interesting on today's Moving The Chains (SIRIUS). He said the "no huddle" would benefit the GIANTS more than the Patriots because of the quality of player rotation. Now I've never thought of us as a no huddle powerhouse, but I do think every team saves something "special" for the BIG GAMES.

Is it possible we'll see a heavy dose of no huddle on Sunday when Eli is on the field? Wilfork will eventually collapse if they do.