PDA

View Full Version : How many of the 2010 interceptions were Eli's fault?

bflo23
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Lawl said 24 of the 25 interceptions were Eli's fault. What do you think? Check out the link. #1 Eli hater's (you all know who he is) response doesn't count.

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsUoMIHZc</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsUoMIHZc)

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 07:39 PM

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
lol. this is completely subjective. no one is going to be able to say "this is the correct number" and prove it.

by my subjective count, i'd say 7-9 of those ints could have, and honestly should have been at worst incompletions, and frankly should have been caught.

thats just my take, some one else like lawl who is a very smart football guy and pretty damn cool, is going to have his opinion. doesn't make him right and u wrong, he just sees it differently.

anyone who tells u they are right on something as subjective as this is full of themselves. any number any one gives u is just their take on it. i personally feel lawls stance on this is wrong, just flat wrong. but so what, doesnt make him less of a giants fan or u less of one either.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I blame 9 on the receivers..... 16 were Eli's fault.

ikebibby91
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
It's a trap.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 07:42 PM
i will say this tho, nicks said after a game that he felt and the other wr's felt like they messed up on a lot of those ints last year. nicks said something like "we're going to go out there and not let last year happen with those ints happen again bc we're going to make the plays we're supposed to" and that eli himself will always say he should make better throws, but i dunno the way nicks said it led me to believe he himself felt like some of those ints should not have happened at all.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
lol. this is completely subjective. no one is going to be able to say "this is the correct number" and prove it.

by my subjective count, i'd say 7-9 of those ints could have, and honestly should have been at worst incompletions, and frankly should have been caught.

thats just my take, some one else like lawl who is a very smart football guy and pretty damn cool, is going to have his opinion. doesn't make him right and u wrong, he just sees it differently.

anyone who tells u they are right on something as subjective as this is full of themselves. any number any one gives u is just their take on it. i personally feel lawls stance on this is wrong, just flat wrong. but so what, doesnt make him less of a giants fan or u less of one either.

I agree. For Lawl to say 1 or 2 is the receivers' faults is beyond ridiculous. I expect Gumby to say all 25 INTs were Eli's fault. But just look at all the footballs to helmet. And these are NFL players. If I can make lot of these catches with ease, then I should expect the Giants receivers to.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Receiver fault: Tipped INT #1 (a foot away from manningham's helmet),
Tipped #2 (hit bradshaw in face mask), Tipped INT #3, Tipped INT #5
(Nicks has to make that catch), Tipped INT #10 (Good spot but Nicks
botched it), Bad route #12 INT (Nicks runs a slant and just stops), #15
INT, Tipped #24 (off chest of Bradshaw), #25 (OFF THE FACEMASK)

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
27 of them

lawl
02-03-2012, 07:58 PM
27 of them</P>

Damn, I wish he had thrown more than just one INT that preseason. I have no joke to go along with this now.</P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM
27 of them

Wow? You added an additional 2 more interceptions that he didn't have.

lawl
02-03-2012, 08:01 PM
27 of them

</P>

He's poking fun at the thread.</P>

-The more you know</P>

Eli TO Shockey
02-03-2012, 08:04 PM
who cares. were playing in the superbowl in 2 days. no oneee carress at this point.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 08:05 PM
27 of them

</p>

He's poking fun at the thread.</p>

-The more you know</p>

Your "flag football QB excellence" isn't helping you much in the opinions. I guess Giant fans expect a little more from their receivers.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Lawl said 24 of the 25 interceptions were Eli's fault. What do you think? Check out the link. #1 Eli hater's (you all know who he is) response doesn't count.

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsUoMIHZc</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsUoMIHZc)
a couple sources said 7 through 10 were not on him.

Eli TO Shockey
02-03-2012, 08:08 PM
they were all elis fault. should of ran the ball more

GmenFan1980
02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
who cares. were playing in the superbowl in 2 days. no oneee carress at this point.

+1

bflo23
02-03-2012, 08:14 PM

"should of ran the ball more!"??..............(crickets)......

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 08:14 PM
27 of them

im sorry, i thought we were just making up numbers.

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 08:20 PM

in case you have not noticed they (most) are goading you into an argument w/yourself...

bflo23
02-03-2012, 08:25 PM

in case you have not noticed they (most) are goading you into an argument w/yourself...

I am not arguing with them. It just sounded like a couple jokes that flopped.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 08:26 PM

a couple sources said 7 through 10 were not on him.

yeah i remember a few qb's, like dilfer, warner, a couple others who said eli should have had 15 or around that number. it was a pretty debated topic this previous offseason.

but then again they are qb's so could be biased, but on the other hand i've seen em (prior to this year of course) rip eli too.

it truly is funny/ironic whatever word u want to use for both sides on the eli topic how a person could be cited and a poster goes "see he says so" whenever it fits their stance. i.e. like when warner would do his top 5 qbs or whatever and eli would be on it, both sides of the eli topic would either go "warner knows what he's talking about" or "warner knows nothing" then warner could make a statement that doesn't compliment eli and the people going "see warner said so" would go "warner knows nothing" and vice versa.

oh and slip and lawl, as long as ur admitting your just making numbers up>insert gay smiley face here

bflo23
02-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Dilfer and Warner have credibility and it makes sense when couple others said Eli should have had only 15 interceptions. More credibility than most posters here (including the non-funny ones)..... The analysts aren't being bias. If Eli stinks, they will call him out. If Eli is good, they will compliment him.

I expect better from Giant receivers and last season, they let Eli down plenty of times with all those tipped interceptions off the hands and helmet. What a big difference from what we are seeing this year from the receivers than last season.

Eli TO Shockey
02-03-2012, 08:40 PM

just look at the tape. Elis interception totals evaporate when he hands the ball off.

lawl
02-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Dilfer and Warner have credibility and it makes sense when couple others said Eli should have had only 15 interceptions. More credibility than most posters here (including the non-funny ones)..... The analysts aren't being bias. If Eli stinks, they will call him out. If Eli is good, they will compliment him.

I expect better from Giant receivers and last season, they let Eli down plenty of times with all those tipped interceptions off the hands and helmet. What a big difference from what we are seeing this year from the receivers than last season.
</P>

I agree with everything in this post. </P>

He should have had only 17 or so INTs and he probably would have, had he made better throws or the WRs made better plays on the ball or some combination of that. **** happens. David Garrard had a ton of tip ints last year too.</P>

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 08:49 PM

</P>

He should have had only 17 or so INTs and he probably would have, had he made better throws or the WRs made better plays on the ball or some combination of that. **** happens. David Garrard had a ton of tip ints last year too.</P>Eli was the unluckiest of all qbs last year w/tipped balls for ints, while brady and vick were the luckiest when their passes were tipped; as they ended up falling to the ground for in completes.

But I would be surprised that you haven't heard that yet.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 08:51 PM
<div class="content">

<div class="comment-text" dir="ltr">

<font size="2">bottom line is, eli manning is elite and half these passes
were dropped because of? the inexperience of the receivers. now the
receivers have gained their experience and learned, and we have the best
triple threat in all of football. there's no other qb in the nfl that
id rather have than eli. </font></p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
<font size="2"><span class="author ">
hdkamin (http://www.youtube.com/user/hdkamin)
</span>
<span class="time">
3 days ago </span>
<span class="time"></span></font></p><div class="content">

<font size="2">A good percentage of these interceptions are his wide? receivers fault</font></p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
TVmonkey14 (http://www.youtube.com/user/TVmonkey14)
</span>
<span class="time">
1 week ago
</span></font></p><div class="content">

<font size="2">9 of those? were dropped by his receivers</font></p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
nysportsfan08 (http://www.youtube.com/user/nysportsfan08)
</span>
<span class="time">
2 weeks ago

<font size="2">Most weren't? his falt</font></p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
sportsbro22 (http://www.youtube.com/user/sportsbro22)
</span>
<span class="time">
2 weeks ago

<font size="2">Thanks for the vid tho. This video proved to my Eli-Manning
hating friends that a? lot of his passes were intercepted because of
tips by his own recievers.</font></p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
blazinpyromaniac (http://www.youtube.com/user/blazinpyromaniac)
</span>
<span class="time">
2 weeks ago
</span></font></p><p class="metadata"><font size="2">Lol. a lot of his interceptions
are deflected by the receivers. Have u watched him this season? The guy
is elite. No question about it. And his receivers? dosen't always give
him a good help. Looks like they are off route a lot as well. But of
course, sometimes he makes bad decisions. But still, open your eyes man.
Its a one man team this year.</font>

</p><p class="metadata">
17ahlen (http://www.youtube.com/user/17ahlen)
</span>
<span class="time">
3 weeks ago

<font size="2">if u take away all the tipped balls that his recievers? ****ed up on he only had 18 int's, not great but not quite s bad as 25</font></p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
Sigmarian (http://www.youtube.com/user/Sigmarian)
</span>
<span class="time">
1 month ago

<font size="2">I counted 10 Tipped off both hands of a WR and the one
Shields stepped out and should not? have counted. all the Eli haters can
KISS his *** now because he's out doing Rivers...</font></p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
brooklyndoingit11 (http://www.youtube.com/user/brooklyndoingit11)
</span>
<span class="time">
2 months ago

How can one? batch of recievers tip so many balls for
interceptions? I mean 1 or 2 is understandable, but like 8 or 9? Come on
G-Men</p>

</div>

<p class="metadata">
<span class="author ">
DaBoss0611 (http://www.youtube.com/user/DaBoss0611)
</span>
<span class="time">
3 months ago
</span>
</p>
</div><p class="metadata">
<font size="2"><span class="time"></span></font></p><font size="2">* I will take the word of Warner, Dilfer and other analysts.... And even these youtube comments. Enough said.</font>
</p>
</p><p class="metadata">
</p>
</p>
</p>
<span class="time"></span></p>
</p>
</div>

lawl
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM

</P>

He should have had only 17 or so INTs and he probably would have, had he made better throws or the WRs made better plays on the ball or some combination of that. **** happens. David Garrard had a ton of tip ints last year too.</P>

Eli was the unluckiest of all abs last year w/tipped balls for ints, while brady and vick were the luckiest when their passes were tipped; as they ended up falling to the ground for in completes. But I would be surprised that you haven't heard that yet.</P>

All i know is that I was watching some random Jaguars game(I guess it could have been two years ago) and they said Garrard had like 9(maybe 7) tipped balls for ints.</P>

Brees had a few too.</P>

Also, be surprised. I havent heard the claim you make before, is there data or something on that somewhere?</P>

lawl
02-03-2012, 08:54 PM
<DIV class=content>
<DIV dir=ltr class=comment-text>

<FONT size=2>bottom line is, eli manning is elite and half these passes were dropped because of? the inexperience of the receivers. now the receivers have gained their experience and learned, and we have the best triple threat in all of football. there's no other qb in the nfl that id rather have than eli. </FONT><FONT size=2>.</FONT> </P></DIV>
<P class=metadata></P>
<P class=metadata></P>
<P class=metadata></P>
<P class=metadata></P>
<P class=metadata></P>
<P class=metadata>
<SPAN class=time></SPAN></P>
<P class=metadata></P></DIV>

</P>

they were even less experienced in 2009 and he had a much better year in 2009 when compared to 2010</P>

So much for that theory</P>

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM

</P>

Eli was the unluckiest of all abs last year w/tipped balls for ints, while brady and vick were the luckiest when their passes were tipped; as they ended up falling to the ground for in completes. But I would be surprised that you haven't heard that yet.</P>

All i know is that I was watching some random Jaguars game(I guess it could have been two years ago) and they said Garrard had like 9(maybe 7) tipped balls for ints.</P>

Brees had a few too.</P>

Also, be surprised. I havent heard the claim you make before, is there data or something on that somewhere?</P>heard it on either sports radio or read it. Posted that more then a few times as well, with a source, just do not recall and cannot search for it based on when the thread was made. Maybe it can be googled.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM
they were even less experienced in 2009 and he had a much better year in 2009 when compared to 2010</p>

So much for that theory</p>

Respond to hdkamin's youtube comment.

<div class="comment-text">

<font size="2">bottom line is, eli manning is elite and half these passes
were dropped because of? the inexperience of the receivers. now the
receivers have gained their experience and learned, and we have the best
triple threat in all of football. there's no other qb in the nfl that
id rather have than eli. </font></p>

</div>

hdkamin (http://www.youtube.com/user/hdkamin)
</span></font>

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
they were even less experienced in 2009 and he had a much better year in 2009 when compared to 2010</P>

<DIV class=comment-text>

<FONT size=2>bottom line is, eli manning is elite and half these passes were dropped because of? the inexperience of the receivers. now the receivers have gained their experience and learned, and we have the best triple threat in all of football. there's no other qb in the nfl that id rather have than eli. </FONT></P></DIV>

<FONT size=2><SPAN class="author ">hdkamin (http://www.youtube.com/user/hdkamin) </SPAN></FONT>
</P>

I just did....</P>

Our WRs had less experience in 09 than they did in '10 yet Eli played better in the 2009 season.</P>

The guy is an idiot.</P>

I can find a bunch of random folks to say Eli sucks if you'd like? It'd be just as dumb.</P>

How about you try and maintain your own argument instead of having some random person try and make one for you? </P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Steve Smith, Giants DROPPED Too Many Balls in 2010.....

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/5/23/2185781/steve-smith-giants-dropped-too-many-balls-in-2010-mario-manningham-kevin-boss</font> (http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/5/23/2185781/steve-smith-giants-dropped-too-many-balls-in-2010-mario-manningham-kevin-boss)

"They dropped 32 balls, or 7.6 percent of what was thrown at them. No
stats on how many of those were catchable overall. That indicates that
one of every 13 balls Manning threw to a wide receiver or tight end was
dropped. That seems like too many. Add the 42 turnovers to the 32 drops
and it's easy to see where the Giant offense came up short a season ago."

Giants had a case of stone hands in 2010.... The article is just about the drops and not the tipped interceptions. Lawl will put the blame on Eli of course.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Steve Smith, Giants DROPPED Too Many Balls in 2010.....

<FONT color=#0000ff>http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/5/23/2185781/steve-smith-giants-dropped-too-many-balls-in-2010-mario-manningham-kevin-boss</FONT> (http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/5/23/2185781/steve-smith-giants-dropped-too-many-balls-in-2010-mario-manningham-kevin-boss)

"They dropped 32 balls, or 7.6 percent of what was thrown at them. No stats on how many of those were catchable overall. That indicates that one of every 13 balls Manning threw to a wide receiver or tight end was dropped. That seems like too many. Add the 42 turnovers to the 32 drops and it's easy to see where the Giant offense came up short a season ago."

Giants had a case of stone hands in 2010.... The article is just about the drops and not the tipped interceptions. Lawl will put the blame on Eli of course.
</P>

I have never blamed Eli for anything. </P>

Why is so hard for you to understand that both a WR anda QB can make a mistake on the same play?</P>

Its like talking to a ****ing wall. I've said this4 ****ing times now. </P>

Read. Just READ what I say. Don't infer anything, dont assume anything. JUST READ. </P>

So much for no child left behind.</P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I just did....</p>

Our WRs had less experience in 09 than they did in '10 yet Eli played better in the 2009 season.</p>

The guy is an idiot.</p>

I can find a bunch of random folks to say Eli sucks if you'd like? It'd be just as dumb.</p>

How about you try and maintain your own argument instead of having some random person try and make one for you? </p>

All defensive now because Giants fans here, Warner, Dilfer, plenty of youtube accts and EVEN AN ARTICLE talks about Giants stone hands in 2010? Don't be getting mad because they all disagree with you.... I am sure you can tell Warner he is wrong because you play flag football.

Now you are backpedaling. Go back to talking about YAC.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 09:14 PM

<DIV class=comment-text>

<FONT size=2>bottom line is, eli manning is elite and half these passes were dropped because of? the inexperience of the receivers. now the receivers have gained their experience and learned, and we have the best triple threat in all of football. there's no other qb in the nfl that id rather have than eli. </FONT></P></DIV>

<FONT size=2><SPAN class="author ">hdkamin (http://www.youtube.com/user/hdkamin) </SPAN></FONT>
</P>

I just did....</P>

Our WRs had less experience in 09 than they did in '10 yet Eli played better in the 2009 season.</P>

The guy is an idiot.</P>

I can find a bunch of random folks to say Eli sucks if you'd like? It'd be just as dumb.</P>

How about you try and maintain your own argument instead of having some random person try and make one for you? </P>

um thats arguable lawl. are u seriously gonna not mention steve smith and the 109 receptions? it wasnt a coincidence they both made the probowl that year.

i think the fact smith wasnt as good a YAC guy as cruz actually almost padded eli's stats bc when we'd score it was usually a multiple 3rd down conversion drive to 3rd and smith as opposed to the big play tds we've grown accustomed to.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
i dont think it was coincidence that eli's best statistical year occurred when he had a wr who was on the exact same page as the qb.

we had a young nicks, and a younger mm who i def. don't think he had near as good a grasp on the playbook as he does now.

this season is the result when u have THREE wr's grasp the playbook as well as smith did in 09, imho.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:18 PM
I just did....</P>

The guy is an idiot.</P>

All defensive now because Giants fans here, Warner, Dilfer, plenty of youtube accts and EVEN AN ARTICLE talks about Giants stone hands in 2010? Don't be getting mad because they all disagree with you.... I am sure you can tell Warner he is wrong because you play flag football.

Now you are backpedaling. Go back to talking about YAC.
</P>

I'm not backpedaling at all.</P>

You're the one that asked me to respond to it and I did. Very directly and succinctly. You on the other hand, deflected and didn't respond. Hmmm, wonder why?</P>

The importance of YAC is why Eli's throws should have been better on those tipped balls as Bill Walsh would attest to. You should really justread.</P>

Read. Read. </P>

Read, Read. and Read again.</P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm not backpedaling at all.</p>

You're the one that asked me to respond to it and I did. Very directly and succinctly. You on the other hand, deflected and didn't respond. Hmmm, wonder why?</p>

The importance of YAC is why Eli's throws should have been better on those tipped balls as Bill Walsh would attest to. You should really justread.</p>

Read. Read. </p>

Read, Read. and Read again.</p>

You are stumbling back after you saw the responses, Warner, Dilfer and the DROPPED PASSES article. Don't get mad. I understand that there will always be a Gumby and Lawl type of poster in every forum.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM

<DIV class=comment-text>

</P>

I just did....</P>

The guy is an idiot.</P>

um thats arguable lawl. are u seriously gonna not mention steve smith and the 109 receptions? it wasnt a coincidence they both made the probowl that year. i think the fact smith wasnt as good a YAC guy as cruz actually almost padded eli's stats bc when we'd score it was usually a multiple 3rd down conversion drive to 3rd and smith as opposed to the big play tds we've grown accustomed to.</P>

It's not arguable. Experience in the league is absolutely not arguable. It is what it is.</P>

In 09 our WRs were going into their 3rd year, 2nd year and rookie year.</P>

in '10 our WRs were going into their 4th year, 3rd year and 2nd year.</P>

They were an absolutely more experienced group in '10 when compared to '09. </P>

No subjectivity in the matter at all.</P>

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm not backpedaling at all.</P>

You're the one that asked me to respond to it and I did. Very directly and succinctly. You on the other hand, deflected and didn't respond. Hmmm, wonder why?</P>

The importance of YAC is why Eli's throws should have been better on those tipped balls as Bill Walsh would attest to. You should really justread.</P>

Read. Read. </P>

Read, Read. and Read again.</P>

You are stumbling back after you saw the responses, Warner, Dilfer and the DROPPED PASSES article. Don't get mad. I understand that there will always be a Gumby and Lawl type of poster in every forum.
</P>

Ah, yes. Continue to deflect. </P>

You refuse to respond simply because you have no response. </P>

I have never stumbled or changed my thought process. </P>

Continue to deflect. There isn't now, never has been nor will there ever be any real substance in any of your posts. And thats ok, I understand that there will always be a bflo23 type of poster in every forum.</P>

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM

I blame every Pick he threw on Erni Accorsi..If he would have just kept Rivers none of those turnovers would have occured.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Ah, yes. Continue to deflect. </p>

You refuse to respond simply because you have no response. </p>

I have never stumbled or changed my thought process. </p>

Continue to deflect. There isn't now, never has been nor will there ever be any real substance in any of your posts. And thats ok, I understand that there will always be a bflo23 type of poster in every forum.</p>

Deflect what? I was just joking about YAC. In case you didn't know, the thread is about interceptions. There is only one clown talking about 1 interception that was the receivers fault. Go listen to Warner, go read many posts, go read the article. Stop crying that there aren't many people saying it was 24 interceptions were Eli's fault..... If it makes you feel better, there was that one poster who said 27 interceptions. I will listen to tons of other people and more importantly Warner more than a flag football know it all "QB".

bflo23
02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
I blame every Pick he threw on Erni Accorsi..If he would have just kept Rivers none of those turnovers would have occured.

Giants robbed the Chargers with that trade.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Ah, yes. Continue to deflect. </P>

You refuse to respond simply because you have no response. </P>

I have never stumbled or changed my thought process. </P>

Continue to deflect. There isn't now, never has been nor will there ever be any real substance in any of your posts. And thats ok, I understand that there will always be a bflo23 type of poster in every forum.</P>

Deflect what? I was just joking about YAC. In case you didn't know, the thread is about interceptions. There is only one clown talking about 1 interception that was the receivers fault. Go listen to Warner, go read many posts, go read the article. Stop crying that there aren't many people saying it was 24 interceptions were Eli's fault..... If it makes you feel better, there was that one poster who said 27 interceptions. I will listen to tons of other people and more importantly Warner more than a flag football know it all "QB".
</P>

Jesus ****ing Christ.</P>

I'm going to say it one final time. For the FIFTH ****ing TIME</P>

I never said the interceptions were Eli's fault, I said he made a badpass on those plays. I also have said many many many times that the WRs also made a bad play on those interceptions because they didnt catch it when they should have.</P>

TWO players can make a mistake on the same play. </P>

</P>

</P>

bflo23
02-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.</p>

I'm going to say it one final time. For the FIFTH ****ing TIME</p>

I never said the interceptions were Eli's fault, I said he made a badpass on those plays. I also have said many many many times that the WRs also made a bad play on those interceptions because they didnt catch it when they should have.</p>

TWO players can make a mistake on the same play. </p>

</p>

</p>

Nice way to hedge.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 09:50 PM
It isn't just about a receivers YAC ability, it is first and foremost where that ball is placed, and Eli is definitely putting it in a better spot and playing a much safer game.

Twice as many throw aways, and overall is more efficient. He is also moving very well in the pocket (with an awful OL, I might add).

Bottom line, Eli has been completely beasting this year. He is playing safe, but still can throw balls in that tight window, he can make all the throws, he is clutch, he never stares down receivers and is excellent at going through progression, great pocket awareness, knows where his outlets are, and the key, ball placement. I mean some of these plays are clearly the WRs making a play (Cruz's 99 yarder), but the ball placement has been excellent.

Which reminds me, wtf are last years int's being discussed about, get the **** over it and if you really can't, continue the argument in the other thread, why start a new one to "stick it to the guy" (lol come on now, its a freaking MB).

bflo23
02-03-2012, 10:01 PM
It isn't just about a receivers YAC ability, it is first and foremost where that ball is placed, and Eli is definitely putting it in a better spot and playing a much safer game.

Twice as many throw aways, and overall is more efficient. He is also moving very well in the pocket (with an awful OL, I might add).

Bottom line, Eli has been completely beasting this year. He is playing safe, but still can throw balls in that tight window, he can make all the throws, he is clutch, he never stares down receivers and is excellent at going through progression, great pocket awareness, knows where his outlets are, and the key, ball placement. I mean some of these plays are clearly the WRs making a play (Cruz's 99 yarder), but the ball placement has been excellent.

Which reminds me, wtf are last years int's being discussed about, get the **** over it and if you really can't, continue the argument in the other thread, why start a new one to "stick it to the guy" (lol come on now, its a freaking MB).

We all know what YAC means and know Eli has been playing the best in his career. He has been throwing amazingly accurate this year.... But why are you talking about YAC from Eli in this thread? And does YAC have anything to do with a football going off the face mask and into a defender's hands? In the subject it clearly says "interceptions". If you don't want to talk about interceptions from 2010, YOU DON'T GO IN THE THREAD. Common sense 101. No reason to go in thread and write a paragraph about why you don't want to talk about interceptions.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Okay fine, disregard my last post.

"Which reminds me, wtf are last years int's being discussed about, get the *** over it and if you really can't, continue the argument in the other thread, why start a new one to "stick it to the guy" (lol come on now, its a freaking MB)."

But that still applies. Now you can resume you're little power trip. Seriously, starting another thread for a prior threads argument to stick it to your "foe", weakkkkkkkkkkkk.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Weak is.... asking people to "follow me on twitter" and talk about football.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Yeah it is! By the way, have you followed me yet?! If not, please get on that in between owning people on the Giants message board!!

bflo23
02-03-2012, 10:20 PM

Yeah it is! By the way, have you followed me yet?! If not, please get on that in between owning people on the Giants message board!!

Sorry but I will pass on all your "amazing NFL tweets".... I am sure you have plenty of inside NFL news and exciting tweets about what kind of sandwich you ate for the day. Twitter? That is funny.

pica01
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
We all know that 5 or 6 of those interceptions were deflections off recievers.The problem,that he corrected this yr was that those passes,though catchable,were high.Miss alittle low it's incomplete.Miss alittle high,well,we saw the results.Miss low you define Mcnabbs career.Be accurate you're Eli this yr.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM

Sorry but I will pass on all your "amazing NFL tweets".... I am sure you have plenty of inside NFL news and exciting tweets about what kind of sandwich you ate for the day. Twitter? That is funny.
Yeah twitter was pretty fun in 2010, but now it is just redundant. Kind of like this thread.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 10:30 PM
We all know that 5 or 6 of those interceptions were deflections off recievers.The problem,that he corrected this yr was that those passes,though catchable,were high.Miss alittle low it's incomplete.Miss alittle high,well,we saw the results.Miss low you define Mcnabbs career.Be accurate you're Eli this yr.

The 2011 receivers have been far more reliable than last season. That can't be denied. While Eli has improved, the receivers have really improved far better as well. We haven't seen many drops this season or botch catches by the receivers. We saw many simple passes get dropped in 2010. This year, we are seeing them make the simple catches and going beyond that and making amazing catches. It is why Eli has near 5,000 passing yards.

M0rbid
02-03-2012, 11:08 PM
BTW if the Giants had 2010 O-line this year, they would've ran away with the division earlier in the year.

Eli TO Shockey
02-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I'd rather talk about a sandwich that giant0820 ate rather then listen to yet another thread about Elis interceptions from 2010. This was the topic of discussion all offseason . Eli is elite. That's all that matters going into the Super Bowl . He got us here.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 11:19 PM
I'd rather talk about a sandwich that giant0820 ate rather then listen to yet another thread about Elis interceptions from 2010. This was the topic of discussion all offseason . Eli is elite. That's all that matters going into the Super Bowl . He got us here.+1

gumby742
02-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I'd rather talk about a sandwich that giant0820 ate rather then listen to yet another thread about Elis interceptions from 2010. This was the topic of discussion all offseason . Eli is elite. That's all that matters going into the Super Bowl . He got us here.+1
Eli's playing amazing football all people want to talk about is how he's better then Peyton.

They need a whole separate Eli forum.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 11:27 PM

wow...this again....

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:28 PM
I'd rather talk about a sandwich that giant0820 ate rather then listen to yet another thread about Elis interceptions from 2010. This was the topic of discussion all offseason . Eli is elite. That's all that matters going into the Super Bowl . He got us here.

And yet you keep on coming back to this thread..... You don't make any sense.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:29 PM

You just can't leave this thread. Can you? Sounds like you just bitter that this thread has more hits than your twitter account.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Eli's playing amazing football all people want to talk about is how he's better then Peyton.

They need a whole separate Eli forum.

Hey Gumby. Why don't you go make another thread about how you think Kolb is better than Eli? Still want to trade Eli for Kolb right? Or that Eli isn't even in the top 100 NFL players in 2012?

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 11:34 PM

You just can't leave this thread.I really can't

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Crap I quoted the pre edited version! Excellent addition.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 11:35 PM

slow twitter night

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 11:37 PM

slow twitter night
Indubitably

Luckily it isn't a slow Eli interception night though.

Diamondring
02-04-2012, 04:56 AM
Who cares? Giants are in the Superbowl.

giantsfan420
02-04-2012, 05:03 AM
lawl but u see u proved my point exactly. smith was in his 3rd year, had 109 receptions, was clearly the focal point of the passing game as teams were doubling him over nicks, and the ints were low.

this season, we have players with more experience, on the same page as a result, and less ints.

i fail to see how your last post u quoted me supports ur stance in any way, thus, making it subjective as ur own opinion changed.

u said "well eli's ints were down in 09", exactly why smith had such a great year, and why he was targeted and had nearly twice as many receptions as the next wr.

Mohann
02-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Not only were they all his fault, but several of Sanchez's ints were his fault too. Not to mention the earthquake in Japan, 4 drone attacks in Iraq, and the milk that went bad in my frig.

chasjay
02-04-2012, 08:44 AM
I saw this thread last night but didn't open it. I opened it this morning, but refuse to read any of the posts. I only want to say this:

Forever and a day, NFL stats will state that Eli had 25 picks in 2010. I am the supreme Eli homer/supporter - Eli Had 25 Picks in 2010!! End of story!!

One year late, the Giants, with a huge boost from Eli Manning, are now playing for the Lombardi Trophy once again!!

That's what I care about.

Now, you may continue your thread.

LT_was_good
02-04-2012, 08:56 AM
I saw the thread title and figured it must be an old thread that somebody bumped.

Shows what I know.

lawl
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
lawl but u see u proved my point exactly. smith was in his 3rd year, had 109 receptions, was clearly the focal point of the passing game as teams were doubling him over nicks, and the ints were low. this season, we have players with more experience, on the same page as a result, and less ints. i fail to see how your last post u quoted me supports ur stance in any way, thus, making it subjective as ur own opinion changed. u said "well eli's ints were down in 09", exactly why smith had such a great year, and why he was targeted and had nearly twice as many receptions as the next wr.</P>

The guy said Eli's ints were up in '10 because of the WRs inexperience. I countered that by saying that our WRs were less experienced in '09 yet Eli had a better year in '09 than '10. Every one of our WRs from 09 was on the '10 squad, but they all had one more year of experience in the system under their belts. I was simply showing that his premise that the INTs from '10 stemmed from the WRs inexperience was absolutely false.</P>

Diamondring
02-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Since people do care about this topic or have a interest in it, we have to look at what Coughlin have said about Eli taking more sacks. That should say it all.

Eli didn't take care of the ball in 010 like he did 011. He threw some hard balls at close distance in 010 and I also still believe that in the second game against the Dallas Cowboys, that pick six was on Eli. Eli does make mistakes and I felt that Nicks ran the right route. The ball shouldn't have been thrown by Eli because of where the defenders were at.