PDA

View Full Version : What happens when Eli beats Brady again?

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Do you realize that Eli is about to beat the great and future HOF Tom Brady...for a second time? That's as close as one can get to beating Joe Montana in 2 super bowls.

I realize that it's teams that are playing, but the story is going to be the 2 QBs. For opposing fans that never give him credit and for pundits who hem and haw, what can they possibly say when he has not just 2 SB rings, but both at the expense of Tom Brady on his resume?

There will be talk about "luck" and the defense, but there is simply no way to dismiss such an accomplishment.

If I were a crow, I'd go into the witness protection program because I seriously believe that the Giants are going to win. The worldwide crow population is going to be near extinction after this game.

And the Giants' rings for SB 46 should have the inscription, "ALL IN."

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Do you realize that Eli is about to beat the great and future HOF Tom Brady...for a second time? That's as close as one can get to beating Joe Montana in 2 super bowls.

I realize that it's teams that are playing, but the story is going to be the 2 QBs. For opposing fans that never give him credit and for pundits who hem and haw, what can they possibly say when he has not just 2 SB rings, but both at the expense of Tom Brady on his resume?

They'll be talk about "luck" and the defense, but there is simply no way to dismiss such an accomplishment.

If I were a crow, I'd go into the witness protection program because I seriously believe that the Giants are going to win. The worldwide crow population is going to be near extinction after this game.

And the Giants' rings for SB 46 should have the inscription, "ALL IN."omg that was nicely played. It made me LOL

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:05 PM
The New York Giants are going to beat theNew England Patriots.</P>

It's not the New York Eli Manning vs New England Tom Brady.</P>

GmenFan1980
02-03-2012, 09:07 PM
They will say Brady is lucky he has to play the colts each year and not the giants :P

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 09:07 PM
The New York Giants are going to beat the*New England Patriots.</P>

You're 100% correct, but whether it's fair or not the talk will be about the 2 QBs. IMO the D was the MVP of SB 42, but it went to Eli (not that that was a reach -- he was deserving, too). If you were talking about 1 great QB vs a mediocre QB, then it wouldn't be THE story. But you've got 2 great QBs in this game, so it's going to be the story.

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
HOF for ELI

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM

It's not the New York Eli Manning vs New England Tom Brady.</P>Actually I thought it was Toms New York Mannings vs Bills New England Bradys and the coaches were Abby vs Gisele. Oh and they all played in Peytons House (so nice of him)!

fizzlestick
02-03-2012, 09:10 PM
They'll be asking Brady if he thinks he's in Manning's class

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 09:13 PM

There will be talk about "luck" and the defense, but there is simply no way to dismiss such an accomplishment.

I say we are going back to back and belly to belly - lock it up!

RoanokeFan
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM

The "fire Coughlin" threads heat up again [:S]

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 09:19 PM

The "fire Coughlin" threads heat up again [:S]
Dont worry, whether its a possible loss for the SB or at any point we lose a couple in a row next year.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 09:21 PM

in a fair and media-less world, yes.

in this one tho, its why nfl network, espn etc. etc. have made it the eli vs tom saga.

u can't have it both ways, if we lose this game, knock on wood, you know the headlines will prob be "eli can't keep up with tom" or some bs along those lines...sucks but thats the media driven world we live in. so if it goes that way if we were to lose, you'd better believe we DESERVE to go that way if we win and celebrate elis accomplishment to the absolute degree

Jiffy Jeff
02-03-2012, 09:35 PM

"Worldwide crow population"

NYG 27
NE 16

bflo23
02-03-2012, 09:40 PM

If Eli can win this Super Bowl for the 2nd time, it will give Eli a big step in his chase for the hall of fame and it will also forever tarnish Brady's legacy..... There is a huge difference in Brady's performance before spygate and after spygate. Brady is still trying to prove that spygate wasn't a fluke.

buddy33
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Well they don't play on the field at the same time so it's not really Eli beating Brady. However, that's how it's perceived and I don't think it would take anything away from what Brady has accomplished.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Majority of the praise and blame goes to the QBs. It will always be like that. Brady can't get all the praise when he was winning multiple Super Bowls and then possibly say "I didn't lose this Super Bowl. We lost as a team". I think it is fair to say Eli outplayed Brady in the 2008 Super Bowl. And hopefully we can say it again on Sunday.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Majority of the praise and blame goes to the QBs. It will always be like that. Brady can't get all the praise when he was winning multiple Super Bowls and then possibly say "I didn't lose this Super Bowl. We lost as a team". I think it is fair to say Eli outplayed Brady in the 2008 Super Bowl. And hopefully we can say it again on Sunday.
+1

suzyq
02-04-2012, 08:03 AM
NE fans will cry

nygfanmaybe
02-04-2012, 08:20 AM

in a fair and media-less world, yes.

in this one tho, its why nfl network, espn etc. etc. have made it the eli vs tom saga.

u can't have it both ways, if we lose this game, knock on wood, you know the headlines will prob be "eli can't keep up with tom" or some bs along those lines...sucks but thats the media driven world we live in. so if it goes that way if we were to lose, you'd better believe we DESERVE to go that way if we win and celebrate elis accomplishment to the absolute degree

You know how it is. A lot of people will say it is Eli's game to lose and the Giants game to win. I'm sure you know who they are.

Anyway...answer to your question from yesterday...why nygfanmaybe? Mostly because I am a dork, but I have admitted repeatedly that I am the classic Eli homer who came over when he was drafted. Guilty as charged.

I don't claim to be a die-hard Giant fan although I wish I could. There are just different kinds of fans.

The maybe was because I didn't know how Eli would be accepted by NY, (there is history but won't go into that). I think it is evident that my concerns were legit, however, as Eli has already won a SB and SB MVP, etc., etc.,..and people are still debating as to whether he is good enough.

stormblue
02-04-2012, 09:06 AM
They'll be asking Brady if he thinks he's in Manning's class

awesome .

Sintim97
02-04-2012, 09:17 AM

the game has to be played first before determining a winner, buddy

Sintim97
02-04-2012, 09:19 AM

brady cant get all the praise or can?

stormblue
02-04-2012, 09:36 AM
well , if the Giants win , they are going to move past the Brady comparisons and start asking stuff
like ;

so , tell us Eli , now that you have 2 rings do you think that you are now as good as your brother or do you think you may have surpassed his accomplishments ?

and he'll humbly dance around the question as best he can but the media will twist and distort his answer and ostracize him for it.

what's that new expression everybody's using now ? oh yeah , now i remember.....book-it !!
'cuz i guarrantee you they will start that crap.

appletree943
02-04-2012, 09:40 AM
know what Eli record vs McNabb is in the playoffs?

take a guess [:P]

*sincerely bitter eagles fan* [:(]

myles2424
02-04-2012, 09:41 AM
All I know is the NYG will still be underrratted & overlooked every year......& most analysts will still find a way to include the cowboys as their team for 2012.......

brad
02-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Regardless of the outcome of this game, Eli proved throughout this season that he is the perfect QB for the Giants offense. I am consistently on record saying that I am not a big fan of the "run and shoot" offense, primarily because it is either feast or famine... but this season has been a great one for Eli and the offense, even when the defense was about as bad as a defense can get.

No one can argue, Eli is the reason that the Giants are where they are. He has proven he is the perfect fit for the Giants, who cares what class the media puts him in?

stormblue
02-04-2012, 09:49 AM

i don't know.

but i did see him on the NFLN pimping himself
into a category comparing himself to Marino , Moon , Tarkenton and J Kelly trying to create a lonely hearts club for himself and the rest of those " ringless " wonders.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
02-04-2012, 09:54 AM
The only problem I have is the fact that we don't get much pressure to the QB against teams with a two TE formation. Of course, this doesn't mean much, as we're playing the most important game of the year.

We are better than them in every position, and keep in mind that Brady is coming off his worst playoff game ever.

SweetZombieJesus
02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
There is a huge difference in Brady's performance before spygate and after spygate. Brady is still trying to prove that spygate wasn't a fluke.

Also before and after Adam Vinatieri -- they won their 3 SBs by a FG -- two of them by last minute Vinatieri kicks. In the 3rd the Eagles mismanaged the clock when they needed two scores.

SweetZombieJesus
02-04-2012, 11:10 AM

Who? Isn't he out of the league?

It should be 0-1 (2008). 2006 was Jeff Garcia, and when the Giants beat the Eagles in 2000 it was Kerry Collins (and Jason Sehorn).

bflo23
02-04-2012, 11:25 AM
There is a huge difference in Brady's performance before spygate and after spygate. Brady is still trying to prove that spygate wasn't a fluke.

Also before and after Adam Vinatieri -- they won their 3 SBs by a FG -- two of them by last minute Vinatieri kicks. In the 3rd the Eagles mismanaged the clock when they needed two scores.

Yea. Their wins definitely weren't that impressive. You could also bring up the FUMBLE that was called an incomplete pass that robbed the Raiders. Everybody knew that was a fumble. And the Patriots really benefited off a drop game winning TD pass by Ravens's Lee Evans. On top of that, the scoreboard malfunctions and Cundiff is rushed on the field and he misses a chip shot.

shocknaweny
02-04-2012, 11:47 AM
it would be very impressive and if guys like Kurt Warner and Donovon McNabb are getting mentioned as HOF than Eli Manning would be an absolute LOCK !!!

Dover Giant
02-04-2012, 11:55 AM
What you said is cold hard facts.
It is definetely a team game but up until this year when the Pats were mentioned very little was said about TEAM it was all TB. I think the emphasis this year on team is to give Brady cover so it won't be him that loses but the TEAM.