PDA

View Full Version : Joe Theismann picks the GIANTS!!

krygny
02-04-2012, 12:17 AM
He was on Gretta Van Susteren's show. Gave the score 27-17, Giants.

This is bad. This has gotten to crisis proportions. I don't bet but I heard rumors that bookies have stopped taking bets on the Giants and are only accepting money on the Pats. We're getting way too much respect. It's like mass hysteria.

I also saw Namath on O'reilly and he picked the Pats, so that makes me feel a little better.

ToomerFORtheBomb
02-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Relax man...Every single living breathing human being on planet Earth can pick the Giants and it will have no outcome on the game at all. The game will be determined by what the players do on the field, not predictions and gambling.

slipknottin
02-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Theismann also eats his own poo.

jhamburg
02-04-2012, 02:40 AM
To be fair, Lawrence Taylor was standing behind the cameraman.

calzonesays
02-04-2012, 02:47 AM
He was on Gretta Van Susteren's show. Gave the score 27-17, Giants.

This is bad. This has gotten to crisis proportions. I don't bet but I heard rumors that bookies have stopped taking bets on the Giants and are only accepting money on the Pats. We're getting way too much respect. It's like mass hysteria.

I also saw Namath on O'reilly and he picked the Pats, so that makes me feel a little better.

No. Majority of big books and online books aren't just going to stop taking bets on the SB. Maybe a random bookie on your street corner is getting too much action on the Giants and stopped taking bets, but no Vegas isn't shutting down SB bets because the Giants are 3pt dogs.

foosball
02-04-2012, 02:49 AM
I'm actually surprised he didn't pick the Redskins. I thought he always picked them, even when they weren't playing.

krygny
02-04-2012, 09:13 AM
You know, it did kind of look like a hostage video. So, it was either LT or terrorists with AK-47s just off-camera.

Sintim97
02-04-2012, 10:15 AM
YES!!! WE'RE GONNA WIN FOR SURE NOW!!!

NYSPORTS
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Did hell freeze over?

NYSPORTS
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm actually surprised he didn't pick the Redskins.* I thought he always picked them, even when they weren't playing.

lol

stormblue
02-04-2012, 10:53 AM

i have no idea why your beer wound up way up there in the header.... but i bought ya 1.

Redeyejedi
02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Honestly worried about the Line.Everyone Ive talked seems to believe the Giants are the better team.So why is Vegas begging U to take the Giants. Are we all missing something. Vegas almost always comes out on top so why if 65% of the money is being put on the Giants why arent they trying to even it up

stormblue
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Honestly worried about the Line.Everyone Ive talked seems to believe the Giants are the better team.So why is Vegas begging U to take the Giants. Are we all missing something

Patriot fans are willing to put their money where their mouth is and give away 3 points.

Giant fans are not , unless they get 3 free points.

simple as that.

it has nothing to do with "who's better"
it has everything to do with "who IS the BETTOR "

Sintim97
02-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Honestly worried about the Line.Everyone Ive talked seems to believe the Giants are the better team.So why is Vegas begging U to take the Giants. Are we all missing something

Patriot fans are willing to put their money where their mouth is and give away 3 points.

simple as that.

why u discriminatin

stormblue
02-04-2012, 11:34 AM

simple as that.

why u discriminatin

discriminating against what ? Vegas ?
what in the name of gambling are you talkin' about ?

SweetZombieJesus
02-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Relax man...Every single living breathing human being on planet Earth can pick the Giants and it will have no outcome on the game at all. The game will be determined by what the players do on the field, not predictions and gambling.

And what if players are letting what is said by the media get in their heads and they get overconfident?

BillTheGreek
02-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Get in line Joe !

Mod_C
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Something you've witnessed? [;)]

DandyDon
02-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Yes, he does!

speedman
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Honestly worried about the Line.Everyone Ive talked seems to believe the Giants are the better team.So why is Vegas begging U to take the Giants. Are we all missing something. Vegas almost always comes out on top so why if 65% of the money is being put on the Giants why arent they trying to even it upWhere are you getting the 65% number from?

Diamondring
02-04-2012, 01:05 PM

And what if players are letting what is said by the media get in their heads and they get overconfident?
That is why they made posts about too many people picking he Giants because of their past history. A lot of commentators talked about the Giants being a good team then all of a sudden, they lay and egg. There are also some topics that talked about Coughlin being good under strass so when things are going good, it seems that all of a sudden, the team lose control of itself.

bflo23
02-04-2012, 01:08 PM

simple as that.

Your comment doesn't make any sense at all. Do you realize that majority of the line bets are on the Giants? Like 65% on Giants and 35% on Patriots.

"Giant fans are not, unless they get 3 free points"..... WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! You seriously think majority of the bettors won't pick the Giants if the game was even or at -3? Have you seen the Giants and Patriots play lately? Maybe you want the giant bettors to say "please don't give me the 3 points".

Vegas set the odds and they set it wrong because pretty big majority are picking the giants... You shouldn't think "patriot fans" set the odds! Majority of the bettors aren't patriot or giant fans but just gamblers.

There is a reason why the opening line was Patriots -3.5 and down to -2.5 now.

bflo23
02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Rood opened MGM’s book with the Patriots as 3.5-point favorites, though
as of late Wednesday the line was 2.5 points. He said 60-65% of the
point-spread bets were on the Giants. Money line bets at MGM were 70-75%
in favor of Big Blue, said Rood; as of late Wednesday, a $100 money
line bet on New York would see a $120 win if the team triumphs on
Sunday.

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.marketwatch.com/story/patriots-giants-super-bowl-bets-could-break-90m-2012-02-01?siteid=rss&amp;rss=1</font> (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/patriots-giants-super-bowl-bets-could-break-90m-2012-02-01?siteid=rss&amp;rss=1)

Vegas is going to lose big money on the super bowl if the Giants win.... A ton on the futures and a ton on the point spread. Go giants!

stormblue
02-04-2012, 02:55 PM

simple as that.

Your comment doesn't make any sense at all. Do you realize that majority of the line bets are on the Giants? Like 65% on Giants and 35% on Patriots.

"Giant fans are not, unless they get 3 free points"..... WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! You seriously think majority of the bettors won't pick the Giants if the game was even or at -3? Have you seen the Giants and Patriots play lately? Maybe you want the giant bettors to say "please don't give me the 3 points".

Vegas set the odds and they set it wrong because pretty big majority are picking the giants... You shouldn't think "patriot fans" set the odds! Majority of the bettors aren't patriot or giant fans but just gamblers.

There is a reason why the opening line was Patriots -3.5 and down to -2.5 now.

and you are saying what ?
that if the teams were reversed and the line opened with Giants -3.5 and -155 that the betting would still be this heavy on the Giants

get real.

and stop reading all that bogus crap about Vegas taking a beating. i'm sure their 'speak" has a purpose too.
they are set up win even when they lose.

that line is at -2.5 but don't forget that the juice is at 20% .

so ; 20% of 65 is 13 ,so you take that 13 and slide it over to other side .

65 minus 13 = 52
35 plus 13 = 48
52 to 48 will not be the end of Vegas.
and who knows what other parameters are involved that none of us are aware of.

same thing in the '08 SB against the Pats who were like 12 point favorites against us.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/super-bowl-could-super-loss-vegas-203406994.html

bflo23
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
and you are saying what ?
that if the teams were reversed and the line opened with Giants -3.5 and -155 that the betting would still be this heavy on the Giants

get real.

and stop reading all that bogus crap about Vegas taking a beating. i'm sure their 'speak" has a purpose too.

I am saying if the line was OPENING EVEN, the Giants would still be getting majority of the bets. It would probably be 55% Giants and 45% Patriots. Common sense. There is a reason why 65% of spread line bettors are taking the Giants.... AND 75% ARE TAKING THE MONEY LINE TO WIN STRAIGHT UP. You know what money line means?

You assume that Vegas wins on every bet because juice?! You are kidding. Do the math. If 65% of bettors win, Vegas loses. Remember they only got 35% on the other side. Simple math. You are going to discredit MGM! and professional vegas line makers but you don't even know what the juice is for lines?

Juice is 20%? Don't ever gamble with that ridiculous juice. You got robbed. It is 5-10% depending on where you go.

Another link video describing future bet.... <font color="#0000FF">http://www.wdbo.com/videos/news/national/if-giants-win-vegas-loses/vFs2H/</font> (http://www.wdbo.com/videos/news/national/if-giants-win-vegas-loses/vFs2H/)

stormblue
02-04-2012, 03:41 PM
*and you are saying what ?

get real.

I am saying if the line was OPENING EVEN, the Giants would still be getting majority of the bets. It would probably be 55% Giants and 45% Patriots. Common sense. There is a reason why 65% of spread line bettors are taking the Giants.... AND 75% ARE TAKING THE MONEY LINE TO WIN STRAIGHT UP. You know what money line means?

You assume that Vegas wins on every bet because juice?! You are kidding. Do the math. If 65% of bettors win, Vegas loses. Remember they only got 35% on the other side. Simple math. You are going to discredit MGM! and professional vegas line makers but you don't even know what the juice is for lines?

Juice is 20%? Don't ever gamble with that ridiculous juice. You got robbed. It is 5-10% depending on where you go.

Another link video describing future bet.... <font color="#0000FF">http://www.wdbo.com/videos/news/national/if-giants-win-vegas-loses/vFs2H/</font> (http://www.wdbo.com/videos/news/national/if-giants-win-vegas-loses/vFs2H/)

same thing in the '08 SB against the Pats who were like 12 point favorites against us.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/super-bowl-could-super-loss-vegas-203406994.html

bflo23
02-04-2012, 03:56 PM

The guy even said Vegas lost money in 2008 super bowl but you continue to believe vegas always makes money because of juice. I can tell you that it wasn't a 65% on Giants and 35% on Patriots in 2008 though. Read the articles and listen to the vegas line makers who admitted that they are rooting against the Giants.

And I wouldn't take too much info from this "analyst" in your vid.... He said that the odds should have probably been around Patriots -6 points rather than -3 because of "NYC money" coming in. You can believe that that if you want..... Patriots being 6 point favorites?! That is funny. It is already at 65% of bettors on Giants side. Majority of sports analysts and bettors are picking Giants to win straight up.... If the line "should have been at 6 points", bettors would be at 90% for Giants.

stormblue
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM

get real.

yes the juice is 20%
if you know so much about gambling then why don't you know that that is exactly how they compensate for a bad line ; by increasing the juice.

you mention MGM Mirage, well the spread there right now is -2.5 , -120.
that's right 20% juice.

now Vegas is definately not gonna make big money on this , but everybody is acting like they will get raped.....its just not true.

now i'm talkin' Vegas here.

but your local STIB might be in trouble.
and even they can force you to accept an
80% payout , after all they do know where you live. LOL !!

jhamburg
02-04-2012, 04:11 PM

get real.

yes the juice is 20%
if you know so much about gambling then why don't you know that that is exactly how they compensate for a bad line ; by increasing the juice.

that's right 20% juice.

now Vegas is definately not gonna make big money on this , but everybody is acting like they will get raped.....its just not true.

How about all the 50-1, 80-1, 100-1 futures bets on the Giants SB?

bflo23
02-04-2012, 04:17 PM
How about all the 50-1, 80-1, 100-1 futures bets on the Giants SB?

http://www.wdbo.com/videos/news/national/if-giants-win-vegas-loses/vFs2H/

East Coast Bias
02-04-2012, 04:17 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stormblue
02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
"How about all the 50-1, 80-1, 100-1 futures bets on the Giants SB?"

good question ; i'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye.

but i'll start with the fact that only Giants futures bets will get paid out , which means that they have ALL the dead bet pool money on 31 other teams

are you gonna tell me that people bet more money on the Giants than all other 31 teams combined ?
don't think so.

jhamburg
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
"How about all the 50-1, 80-1, 100-1 futures bets on the Giants SB?"

good question ; i'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye.

but i'll start with the fact that only Giants futures bets will get paid out , which means that they have ALL the dead bet pool money on 31 other teams

are you gonna tell me that people bet more money on the Giants than all other 31 teams combined ?
don't think so.

It doesn't matter, it's 80-1, 50-1 whatever. Even if the money on each team was equal they would still lose, since it's longer odds than 31-1. And word is that a lot of money came on on the Giants.

bflo23
02-04-2012, 04:28 PM
yes the juice is 20%

that's right 20% juice.

They adjusted the patriots line at mgm but you do realize that only 1% of gambling happens in the vegas casinos. They raised that mgm juice for pats bettors because giants are too heavily picked. They are expecting like $10 billion worldwide in bets. And the juice is 5-10% there. Online sites... When the winners wins, they pay like 8% juice off their winning. There is 0% juice for the Giants at +2.5.... Go look at the sites and see for yourself.

Giants +2.5 (EVEN)
Patriots -2.5 (-120)

bflo23
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
It doesn't matter, it's 80-1, 50-1 whatever. Even if the money on each team was equal they would still lose, since it's longer odds than 31-1. And word is that a lot of money came on on the Giants.

Exactly... He refuses to believe that Vegas is rooting against the Giants. The line makers even ADMITTED that they were rooting against the Giants vs 49ers and will be vs Patriots but some people ignore that part.

Vegas would rather pay Patriots low odd futures and than pay the Giants very high odd future.

stormblue
02-04-2012, 04:41 PM
*yes the juice is 20%

that's right 20% juice.

They adjusted the patriots line at mgm but you do realize that only 1% of gambling happens in the vegas casinos. They raised that mgm juice for pats bettors because giants are too heavily picked. They are expecting like $10 billion worldwide in bets. And the juice is 5-10% there. Online sites... When the winners wins, they pay like 8% juice off their winning.... Go look at the sites and see for yourself.

no quarrels with that stuff.....good points..
but don't forget all the rest of the that world wide money is not that 65 to 35 percentile you keep referring to. they will never give those stats accurately because they are invested in
illegal crap that they don't want any one to know about.
anyways, i tried to make this point in another thread that the SB is an international event and the Giselle Brady Patriots are a world wide brand like Raiders , Cowboys, Yankees.
The Giants are not.
there's a lot of international money on the Pats

anyway , as long as they pay me off before they run out ....i'm good

peace.