PDA

View Full Version : NFL teams will start copying the Giants blueprint

pica01
02-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Remember when the Giants drafted JPP.We had Tuck,Osi,Kiwi among others.The pass rush was not a problem.1st round-a DE.The D line was the MVP winning in 08.I guess around the league it looked like a fluke.Teams continued to draft DB's and free agent DB's like samuals and asamonga got the biggest deals.everyone wanted Shutdown corners with rules that favor the reciever like never before.Only the Giants stockpiled pass rushers.And it won them a superbowl.Now,4 yrs later,when Osi and Tuck got healthy and the giants put 4 DE type pass rushers on the field in passing situations it has made thier defense formitable again.The Giants attack pass defense from the D-line.Not that thier DBs suck.webster,phillips and ross were all 1st round picks and terell thomas,thier best DB was a second rounder.But until Tuck And Osi came back they were torched regularly.This is twice in 4 yrs stockpiling passrushers has led to the superbowl.And D-linemen cost alot less than shutdown corners.Remember what you thought when we drafted JPP.A DE.really?One last thing.This defense,and our special teams coverage completely turned around when we brought Chase Blackburn back.Boley moved back outside and Blackburn has played great.This LB crew will never be LT,Carson and Banks But It's no longer the weakness it was.Blackburn is solid and Boley from the outside has become a playmaker.And the rookie Williams used as a coverage LB,his strength,has become an asset,not a liability.Tuck and Osi getting healthy has meant alot.But bringing Blackburn back was the key move that turned this Defense around.He was our leading tackler against the 9ers.Boleys become a playmaker again.And he's our best special teams player and again the captain.I hope the Giants reward him in the off season.He mighthave saved our season.

BigBlueOnes
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Huh, good points. But we have a weak LB crew compared to teams like the 49ers. You can't have it all. You make good points though! I think what you're missing here is it's the coaching making a LOT of the difference.

M0rbid
02-04-2012, 12:00 AM
The point is you can never have enough defensive ends. And you can always convert some of them to LB position -- LT (college), Kiwi and Sintim, to name a few.<span class="st"></span>

slipknottin
02-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Every team in the league has always tried to grab as many talented pass rushers as possible.

M0rbid
02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Every team in the league has always tried to grab as many talented pass rushers as possible.

For example, Eagles drafting Brandon Graham *chuckle*

Itlan
02-04-2012, 12:39 AM
I stopped reading after you say TT was our best corner.

That's when I knew you don't watch football.

pica01
02-04-2012, 12:45 AM
I agree our LBs aren't a strength but Blackburn back in the middle and Boley back outside has made them solid.Before Blackburn came back the LBs were a weakness to exploit.Boley out of position in the middle and rookie Williams starting.Blackburn is an everydown middle lb good against the run and coverage.And Boley outside now makes plays.

calzonesays
02-04-2012, 01:14 AM
I stopped reading after you say TT was our best corner.

That's when I knew you don't watch football.

yeah its bad enough the whole country sleeps on Corey Webster, last thing we need is our own fanbase doing the same @_@

jhamburg
02-04-2012, 01:38 AM

Obviously everyone would like to have lots of talented pass rushers, but you can't say everyone makes it as much of a priority over other positions as NYG do. How many early round picks have we spent on pass rushers? How many have we let go in FA/trades?

calzonesays
02-04-2012, 01:42 AM
its not that simple. you gotta use 1st and 2nd rounders on pass rushers and some of them have to hit. it's not like every DE you take in the 1st round is an automatic probowler.

for every JPP theres 3 or 4 brandon grahams

the difference is Reese drafts excellently

Diamondring
02-04-2012, 02:00 AM
The other teams will also have to draft wrs in the high rounds or have three big play receivers as well. I say the Giants pick their players because they tried to mend the team that was plagued by injuries.

appletree943
02-04-2012, 09:44 AM

For example, Eagles drafting Brandon Graham *chuckle*
[:(]

JPP would like o so no in midnight green [:)]

appletree943
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Every team in the league has always tried to grab as many talented pass rushers as possible. exactly this isnt new

Giants have hit on alot more at the same time then most teams