PDA

View Full Version : Double Move will win it for GMen

giantsfan420
02-04-2012, 02:53 AM
The Pats and Giants match up is going to be a thriller. I think the games going to be close til around half way thru the 3rd quarter. Both QB's will play great football, its a fast track. I think Welker will help keep the Pats close.

But, I cannot see how you can scheme defensively against the double move routes. We have three wr's who can utilize them. That's what helped Eli and S.Smith be so successful, and I think we're going to see a lot of the break it out before cutting sharply inside in a post like route. Cruz, Nicks, MM I think will all be used this way, but I think it will be the setup play. I expect after we've been doing it and utilizing it, in the 3rd quarter, Cruz will probably run the double move, Eli will try and bait the safety into attacking Cruz, leaving either MM or Nicks on a deep route 1 v 1 that goes for a score.

That'll be the breaking point. After that big play score, I feel thats when our defense will get a couple stops, we'll get another td and fg, and the 4th quarter NE will fight hard, but our pass rush will be too much for them trying to play catch up.

I expect a clean game for both QB's going into the 4th, and we'll eventually get a pick off a desperation type throw.

One of our rb's will go over 100 yards, and seal the deal with a touchdown that officially puts the game out of reach.

No real purpose for this thread except to document how I see this playing out. I expect Eli to simply kill it. It'll open up the run game, keep us in front until our DL gets home on Brady a few times.

Final score: 34-24 GMen

miked1958
02-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Agree.

miked1958
02-04-2012, 05:57 AM
ALLIN!!!

bansaw
02-04-2012, 07:19 AM
I've been waiting for Nicks to fake the back shoulder and break it up field all year

maybe tomorrow

Razur
02-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I think Mario will have a huge day, as the coverage will be doubled on Cruz & Nicks..both backs contriubute in the run,,and Hyno makes critical 3rd down coversions for us..

ALL IN! Go Giants