PDA

View Full Version : Someone *** up

rainierjef
02-04-2012, 06:06 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/04/giants-website-announces-super-bowl-champ-on-saturday/?module=HP11_headline_stack

regardless of the fact that some idiot on the giants.com website hyper linked the wrong page smfh
just read some of these pats fans responses like wow they're really are buying into the we are the underdogs and the giants are the hype and team to beat.

miked1958
02-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Another whole thread already reported this awhile back.

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 06:08 PM
there's about 4 of them. But yeah..Not cool. I wanna smack the Giants fan that twittered it to begin with.

miked1958
02-04-2012, 06:09 PM
But u are right...

And prob the patriots boards are blowing up over this right now and the NY Giants Football team had nothing to do with it

rainierjef
02-04-2012, 06:11 PM
sorry bout the repost i haven't been on for most of the week, pre deployement exercises. i just found this funny, that it happened and that the pats fans are taking this to heart. one guy commented that made me laugh.

"the last time we went to the SB super ****y we
lost... this time history repeats itself but with a different team
coming out true champions! and the best QB in the history of man kind!
=D"

what a maroon!

GiantWarfare
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
In before someone says "thats not bb material!"

although i dont particularly care much about this...

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah but I can't blame them. We'd be all over that **** if it was them that did it lol.

FBomb
02-04-2012, 06:14 PM
yawwwwwwn.

nyknstill!
02-04-2012, 06:20 PM
If we're going to let New England beat us b/c some idiot put that on the Giants home page to promote presales then we don't deserve to be here.

This team has been through everything, hell and back, there has been no pedestal for us, our coach was fired on a weekly basis, our QB ridiculed for believing he's in the same top 5 QB class, our team laughed at the thought of making the playoffs, at the thought of beating someone named MATT RYAN of all people, laughed at the thought of going to GreenBay and knocking that team out, went into the house of horrors in San Francisco, CA and came out w/ the W.

We're in the SuperBowl b/c we're #Allin! from the D-Line to the coaches, to the WRs in questioned in Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham's ability to show up in a big game, to Jacob, Bradshaw, the O-Line, the headcoach fired on a weekly basis, we made it too far to let some media site organizer or media outlet cost us this game on Sunday.

I'll go w/ my initial thought, don't just beat them, run in it up on them.

GMen869007
02-04-2012, 06:27 PM
This absolutely is bulletin board material. Remember when the link was available to pre-order the 19-0 book 4 years ago? The Patriots had nothing to do with it, but when the Giants won the Super Bowl, I recall hearing players yelling "18 and 1, trademark THAT!", so obviously they were aware, and motivated by it. This is no different.

If we lose this Super Bowl, it's going to be that much harder because of all of this. I watched America's Game, 2004 when the Patriots beat the Eagles, and there was all of that emphasis on the players being made aware that the city of Philadelphia had it's parade all mapped out.

nyknstill!
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
If we lose because of this, then we don't deserve to be here.

miked1958
02-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah but I can't blame them. We'd be all over that **** if it was them that did it lol.

Very true

calzonesays
02-04-2012, 06:38 PM
i don't see a problem. just giving the world a sneak preview of the website on sunday night.

miked1958
02-04-2012, 06:39 PM
This absolutely is bulletin board material. Remember when the link was available to pre-order the 19-0 book 4 years ago? The Patriots had nothing to do with it, but when the Giants won the Super Bowl, I recall hearing players yelling "18 and 1, trademark THAT!", so obviously they were aware, and motivated by it. This is no different.

If we lose this Super Bowl, it's going to be that much harder because of all of this. I watched America's Game, 2004 when the Patriots beat the Eagles, and there was all of that emphasis on the players being made aware that the city of Philadelphia had it's parade all mapped out.
To be fair we jumped on it but from a marketing stand point they were trying to gain an edge so the Books could be on sale right after they won. Would of been genius and made them millions if the ploy had worked

miked1958
02-04-2012, 06:41 PM

Go to Smack Talk.. They Re already showing up there. Plus Pats boards must be blowing up with this info right now

BigBlue2010
02-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Anybody find a link to our new forums on that thing?

nyknstill!
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM
All I know is it's time to kill the myth of bulletin board material on Sunday.

Denaliman316
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
This comment sums it up and it came from a Patriot fan.

You guys are overblowing this by tweeting it to players, emailing media, etc.

There's a diff between when a player says they are going to win and invites the opponents to the celebration party, and when a web developer is testing out the web page, and it accidently going live that will be shown if they win.

This is like someone opening the giants superbowl champs t-shirts and claiming thye giants have made t-shirts already.

FBomb
02-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Pats fans using this as fodder is nothing more than them trying to find anything they can use to quiet the voices in their heads. The voices of fear. The voices that are telling them the Brady dynasty is on the downslide. They are trying to pump THEMSELVES up. </P>

To Giants fans....it's a non-story.</P>

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 08:19 PM

Go to Smack Talk.. They Re already showing up there. Plus Pats boards must be blowing up with this info right now

I try to stay out of there. I've had enough accounts banned.[;)]

Cosmiknight
02-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Give me a break. I am certain the mods over at the patriot boards already have a nice lay out ready to go should the pats win.