Mod_N
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
That's rudeeeeeeeeeeeee

Martyr
02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
They released him today?

Mod_N
02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
They released him today?Yeah just 10 minutes ago from PFT I read it.

Cosmiknight
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
A day before the super bowl. That's just crushing.

Mod_N
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/04/ocho-active-patriots-release-underwood/

Big Blue 418
02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
That's class .... I think TC needs to make a phone call

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
lol WHAT??

That's a pretty low thing to do lol...I say snatch him up and get the game plan.[:P]

Unless that's Bills eeeeeeeeeeeevil plan...

Mod_N
That's class .... I think TC needs to make a phone callThe only thing I can think of is that he really did something unfathomable.

Overdrive92

Call him and have him tell us everything he knows.

Martyr
02-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Maybe he did something wrong broke team rules ect.
In any case that's a tough blow for the young man, don't worry Underwood the Giants will get you payback

nycisgreat

I am pretty sure that is what BB wants. The guy isn't stupid. The Giants don't need any information from him. lol. This is the funniest move I have seen in recent history.

Mod_N

Call him and have him tell us everything he knows.Doesn't that mean we have to cut someone? lol...

nycisgreat
02-04-2012, 07:24 PM
That's class .... I think TC needs to make a phone callThe only thing I can think of is that he really did something unfathomable.

I think BB put him out there as information for the Giants. I don't think there has ever been a move like this before.

kbusch22
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
It sounds like Underwood is immediately going to be signed to the practice squad to replace Silvestro (who was signed off their practice squadto the active roster). He'll still be on the sidelines with the other practice squad guys.</P>

All this really confirms is that Ochocinco is going to play (as was expected, Underwood was probably going to be inactive anyway), and Silvestro is obviously going to play - they signed him for a reason.</P>

Big Blue 418
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Maybe he hit on Brady's wife

Cosmiknight
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Maybe he did something wrong broke team rules ect.
In any case that's a tough blow for the young man, don't worry Underwood the Giants will get you payback

Maybe, but some players go their entire careers with out even coming close to the super bowl and to cut the guy a day before the biggest game of his life. I can't even imagine what he is feeling right now.

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe he hit on Brady's wife

Maybe they decided they didn't want him and his horrible Pats logo haircut on the sidelines.
http://cdn.lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/patshaircut.jpg?adb689

ikebibby91
02-04-2012, 07:29 PM
What do you expect from the Eivil Empire, Silverback He*****?

Redeyejedi
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
It sounds like Underwood is immediately going to be signed to the practice squad to replace Silvestro (who was signed off their practice squad*to the active roster).* He'll still be on the sidelines with the other practice squad guys.</P>

All this really confirms is that Ochocinco is going to play (as was expected, Underwood was probably going to be inactive anyway), and Silvestro is obviously going to play - they signed him for a reason.</P>He isnt eligible for practice squad

Martyr
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM
What do you expect from the Eivil Empire, Silverback He*****?

Lol

giantman8493
02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
It sounds like Underwood is immediately going to be signed to the practice squad to replace Silvestro (who was signed off their practice squad*to the active roster).* He'll still be on the sidelines with the other practice squad guys.</P>

All this really confirms is that Ochocinco is going to play (as was expected, Underwood was probably going to be inactive anyway), and Silvestro is obviously going to play - they signed him for a reason.</P>yeah. this is more likely

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Maybe if he cuts the top into a NY....

G-Man67
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
wow, they are soooo desperate ... let's put them out of their misery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slipknottin
02-04-2012, 08:18 PM
sign him to the PS and give him a ring!

Patriot 37
02-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Very common for BB to cut players Fri/Sat. Likely Underwood knew for a couple of days. Teams can't prepare that way (in his mind every little edge counts seems stupid in the case of Underwood but BB has won a couple games in his life so tough to ? it)

A couple things I read into this

1) Ocho's active

2) they must feel OK about Gronk (activated DE not TE had one on PS)

3) I believe Silvestro was on the roster earlier and has played a little inside as a pass rushing DT (he's about 265 I think).

4) When BB signs someone during the week they usally are active and play on Sunday.

5) Pats don't have a small quick passing rushing DT. Journeyman Ray McDonald looked like Warren Sapp in the NFCCG might want a quicker guy inside on passing downs.

Firenugget
02-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Very common for BB to cut players Fri/Sat. Likely Underwood knew for a couple of days. Teams can't prepare that way (in his mind every little edge counts seems stupid in the case of Underwood but BB has won a couple games in his life so tough to ? it)

1) Ocho's active

3) I believe Silvestro was on the roster earlier and has played a little inside as a pass rushing DT (he's about 265 I think).

4) When BB signs someone during the week they usally are active and play on Sunday.

5) Pats don't have a small quick passing rushing DT. Journeyman Ray McDonald looked like Warren Sapp in the NFCCG might want a quicker guy inside on passing downs.

I understand the reasoning or at least that he has his reasons, but it's a pretty crappy thing to do. that poor guy probably had family coming to see him etc..Now he's some kind of joke. Just not cool.

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 08:46 PM

1) Ocho's active

5) Pats don't have a small quick passing rushing DT. Journeyman Ray McDonald looked like Warren Sapp in the NFCCG might want a quicker guy inside on passing downs.You realize Ray McDonald was one of the most dominant 5 techs in the league right? And has played on one team.

C1010
02-04-2012, 09:03 PM
We should give him a call, get some dirt.

Patriot 37
02-04-2012, 09:14 PM

1) Ocho's active

5) Pats don't have a small quick passing rushing DT. Journeyman Ray McDonald looked like Warren Sapp in the NFCCG might want a quicker guy inside on passing downs.You realize Ray McDonald was one of the most dominant 5 techs in the league right? And has played on one team.

I used the term journeyman meaning he's an average player he's has 10.5 sacks in 5 NFL seasons. He's had a good year but I don't think he's an elite player he's the 4th best DLman on his own team.

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 09:34 PM

1) Ocho's active

I used the term journeyman meaning he's an average player he's has 10.5 sacks in 5 NFL seasons. He's had a good year but I don't think he's an elite player he's the 4th best DLman on his own team.Well then you misused the term.

And your priority as a 5T is not to rack up sacks, and he's behind Justin Smith as the second best DLman.

Patriot 37
02-04-2012, 09:46 PM

1) Ocho's active

I used the term journeyman meaning he's an average player he's has 10.5 sacks in 5 NFL seasons. He's had a good year but I don't think he's an elite player he's the 4th best DLman on his own team.Well then you misused the term.

And your priority as a 5T is not to rack up sacks, and he's behind Justin Smith as the second best DLman.

Do you think journeyman means you "journey" or travel around to different teams?

Here the definition

jour·ney·man (jūrn-mn)
n.
1. One who has fully served an apprenticeship in a trade or craft and is a qualified worker in another's employ.
2. An experienced and competent but undistinguished worker.

The NT is pretty good and the nickel DE had 14 sacks, but anyway 2.5 sacks was not typical for RM.

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 10:00 PM

1) Ocho's active

Do you think journeyman means you "journey" or travel around to different teams?

Here the definition

jour·ney·man (jūrn-mn)
n.
1. One who has fully served an apprenticeship in a trade or craft and is a qualified worker in another's employ.
2. An experienced and competent but undistinguished worker.

The NT is pretty good and the nickel DE had 14 sacks, but anyway 2.5 sacks was not typical for RM.Aldon Smith is a LBer in that system. He didn't play nickel DE that often, although there were times he did.

And who was their NT? He is right behind Justin Smith on the DL, and Justin Smith is the best 5 tech in football.

And I use journeyman as most would, one who doesn't settle in a certain spot, but feel free to apply your definition to your use of the term because he certainly is not an apprentice and he most certainly is distinguished.

By the way, Wilfork only had 3.5 sacks this year, omg what a bum!

JJC7301
02-04-2012, 10:40 PM
I think the Pats are going to show a lot of 5 receiver sets (3 WRs and 2 TE's).

Voldamort
02-04-2012, 10:43 PM
3hrs ago,why?

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I think the Pats are going to show a lot of 5 receiver sets (3 WRs and 2 TE's).And go empty back field or have Hernandez back there?

GiantWarfare
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
lol thats messed up...

especially after he had the patriots logo cut into his hair...

davecrazy
02-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I bet Gronk can't play special teams, so thats why they got this guy for, to take Gronks spot.

I think they're going to run a lot of no-huddle with AH lined up all over the place, slot, TE, backfield...you name it.

RiceFan49
02-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Pretty cold move. I hope you guys beat the Pats handily.

calzonesays
02-05-2012, 03:37 AM
This means Ocho is playing.

I have a bad feeling about Ocho, just seems like something he would do... be awful all year and make a huge play in the Superbowl.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:17 AM
This means Ocho is playing.*

I have a bad feeling about Ocho, just seems like something he would do... be awful all year and make a huge play in the Superbowl.*

Troll?

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:18 AM
Pretty cold move. I hope you guys beat the Pats handily.
Thanks! Most niners fans I know are bitter and rooting for the Pats

bLuereverie
02-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Call him and have him tell us everything he knows.Doesn't that mean we have to cut someone? lol...

Yes! Barden!

sc_markt
02-05-2012, 11:01 AM

My thoughts exactly.

sc_markt
02-05-2012, 11:01 AM

My thoughts exactly.

chasjay
02-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Belichick knows that the Giants will have to spend some amount of time reviewing this personnel move. It may not be much time, but it will be some amount of time taken away from other factors of their focus. Sounds like a move by a man who knows he needs to pick up any and every advantage he can, no matter how piddling it might be. Underwood has to feel dumped on - and he was.

Firenugget
02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Belichick knows that the Giants will have to spend some amount of time reviewing this personnel move. It may not be much time, but it will be some amount of time taken away from other factors of their focus. Sounds like a move by a man who knows he needs to pick up any and every advantage he can, no matter how piddling it might be. Underwood has to feel dumped on - and he was.

Uh no they won't. Underwood has like 3 rec all year. 11 rec in 3 years. All it means is Ocho is guaranteed to be active, which I'm SURE TC planned on anyways. This does absolutely nothing to effect us.

ttundraman
02-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Underwood and his family &amp; friends have to be bummed-out, but this is the "Patriot Way" , stab one of your own in the back at the last minute!!

Go Giants!!!

bLuereverie
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Put the guys on the field that will help you win. Obviously, Gronk is not healthy enough to wedge in STs. Why shouldn't they replace him with a guy off their PS to do it over a kid who won't contribute? This is about getting a ring to the other 52 guys on the field, not this one kid with a bad haircut. He had 3 catches all year.