PDA

View Full Version : Talk from players and Website blunders....

GameTime
02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Never ever lost or won a game!!!</P>

Some of you guys are just over top!! More than the media *****s who are PAID to make mountains out of mole hills...</P>

Everybody calm the &amp;%^* down and relax.</P>

If the Giants win it will have nothing to do with anything but playing better than the Pats. </P>

If they lose it will mean they didn't play good enough.....</P>

</P>

mstray92
02-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Never ever lost or won a game!!!</p>

Some of you guys are just over top!! More than the media *****s who are PAID to make mountains out of mole hills...</p>

Everybody clam the &amp;%^* down and relax.</p>

If the Giants win it will have nothing to do with anything but playing better than the Pats. </p>

If they lose it will mean they didn't play good enough.....</p>

</p>

The G-MEN will win Big tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! Boook It! I proclaim it!

GmenFan1980
02-04-2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/i-do-not-always-blame-someone-but-when-i-do-it-its-everyone-but-me-350x440.jpg

I'm sorry, I really hope I am not being too annoying with all the pics i post lol.

GameTime
02-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Some of you guys are just over top!! More than the media *****s who are PAID to make mountains out of mole hills...</P>

Everybody clam the &amp;%^* down and relax.</P>

If the Giants win it will have nothing to do with anything but playing better than the Pats. </P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>you cant say that..,......</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>GREAT....now the Patriots can use that for bulletin board material......</FONT></P>

Down-lifer
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM

Everybody clam the &%^* down and relax.</P>

If the Giants win it will have nothing to do with anything but* playing better than the Pats. </P>

*</P>I heard website blunders can cause fumbles!!!!!!!

Rudyy
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM

If the Giants win it will have nothing to do with anything but* playing better than the Pats. </P>

*</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>you cant say that..,......</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>GREAT....now the Patriots can use that for bulletin board material......</FONT></P> hahahaha

Down-lifer
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Some of you guys are just over top!! More than the media *****s who are PAID to make mountains out of mole hills...</p>

Everybody clam the &%^* down and relax.</p>

If the Giants win it will have nothing to do with anything but* playing better than the Pats. </p>

*</p>

Go Giants!!!!!!

GameTime
02-04-2012, 08:22 PM

</P>

Go Giants!!!!!!</P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=6>ALL IN !!!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=6>HEAR THAT MEDIA AND PATRIOTS COACHES AND PLAYERS. STICK THAT ON YOUR BULLETIN BOARD. </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=6></FONT></P>

miked1958
02-04-2012, 08:34 PM

If the Giants win it will have nothing to do with anything but* playing better than the Pats. </p>

*</p>

I believe you and agree with you....
Check out my Sig

GameTime
02-04-2012, 09:12 PM

</P>

I believe you and agree with you.... Check out my Sig</P>

we all agree....</P>

even the worry warts on this board agree....</P>

ALL IN......</P>

Pakman
02-04-2012, 09:19 PM

*</p>

I believe you and agree with you....
Check out my Sig

Hasn't your sig been the same since the Packers game? Lol

GMen869007
02-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Look, everybody was all over the "We're only going to score 17 points. hahaha, ok!" comment 4 years ago, so why is it ok if our players flap at the gums suddenly?

First off, I was proud of Coughlin the way that he responded to Rex Ryan with "Talk is cheap, play the game" or something to that effect, and now suddenly we're acting like the Jets. That doesn't sit well with me. I don't like when the opposition does it, so why should I like it that our team is doing it? Yes, it's being blown out of proportion but I just wish the team would keep quiet and do the talking on Sunday.

Secondly, this does provide incentive to the opposition. I look back to 4 years ago. In America's Game, Strahan noted that Brady's comments resonated with the Giants defense, and the 19-0 publication available for pre-order clearly fired the team up with comments of "18-1, trademark THAT" directly following the game.

I don't think that a good gameplan goes by the wayside if you do too much talking, but do the Patriots really need extra motivation? and are the comments really necessary? Leave the predictions for the fans.

DragonSoul
02-04-2012, 10:05 PM

*</P>The way I look at it, nearly all players use it for Motivation, as Brady said he did from the start of his College career to being picked 7th @ pick 199 after all the others qbs that year.

If you have ever played sports, or nearly anything competitive. Then you know if there is smack talk or you are openly being doubted, you will use that to help motivate yourself, and push yourself even harder to be better and try to win the game.

Now with that being said. I feel that if you are the best team and (most agree they are) that talk doesn't matter much (but has some weight). Because you need to have more then 1 person going with that mindset, and in football it is generally more then 1 person who helps you win at the end of the game.

But then again if the other person is better than you 90% of the time they will win, unless you never quit and they take you likely, or do not train as hard or whatever the reason may be. Just look at the games to Seattle, the Redskins twice this year, and the final Eagles game. That is four games right there.

So while I am not a fan of it, at least try to keep it to a bare minimum. Unless your answering back the ones doing the trash talking. But at the end of the day it will be talent and desire that decides who wins.

There is some weight to it, but there is more then just that, that decides the game, but that could be an x-factor in a sense.

byron
02-04-2012, 10:19 PM

</P>

The way I look at it, nearly all players use it for Motivation, as Brady said he did from the start of his College career to being picked 7th @ pick 199 after all the others qbs that year. If you have ever played sports, or nearly anything competitive. Then you know if there is smack talk or you are openly being doubted, you will use that to help motivate yourself, and push yourself even harder to be better and try to win the game. Now with that being said. I feel that if you are the best team and (most agree they are) that talk doesn't matter much (but has some weight). Because you need to have more then 1 person going with that mindset, and in football it is generally more then 1 person who helps you win at the end of the game. But then again if the other person is better than you 90% of the time they will win, unless you never quit and they take you likely, or do not train as hard or whatever the reason may be. Just look at the games to Seattle, the Redskins twice this year, and the final Eagles game. That is four games right there. So while I am not a fan of it, at least try to keep it to a bare minimum. Unless your answering back the ones doing the trash talking. But at the end of the day it will be talent and desire that decides who wins. There is some weight to it, but there is more then just that, that decides the game, but that could be an x-factor in a sense. </P>

yeah I don't like it either let your work do the talking...how good or bad you are will show ...mistakes suck alsoand have costs the IT that screw up this morning could lose his job..whatever it is what it is ....we're down to hours now man!</P>

Go Giants !!</P>

GameTime
02-04-2012, 10:53 PM

</P>

The way I look at it, nearly all players use it for Motivation, as Brady said he did from the start of his College career to being picked 7th @ pick 199 after all the others qbs that year. If you have ever played sports, or nearly anything competitive. Then you know if there is smack talk or you are openly being doubted, you will use that to help motivate yourself, and push yourself even harder to be better and try to win the game. Now with that being said. I feel that if you are the best team and (most agree they are) that talk doesn't matter much (but has some weight). Because you need to have more then 1 person going with that mindset, and in football it is generally more then 1 person who helps you win at the end of the game. But then again if the other person is better than you 90% of the time they will win, unless you never quit and they take you likely, or do not train as hard or whatever the reason may be. Just look at the games to Seattle, the Redskins twice this year, and the final Eagles game. That is four games right there. So while I am not a fan of it, at least try to keep it to a bare minimum. Unless your answering back the ones doing the trash talking. But at the end of the day it will be talent and desire that decides who wins. There is some weight to it, but there is more then just that, that decides the game, but that could be an x-factor in a sense.</P>

what have they said that is so bad or even considered trash talk?....</P>

thats the point. What they have said is such benign bull**** and you people seem to get all twisted by it. Yes....I have played sports my whole life and still do. You know what drives me....wanting to win and play the best I can. I have heard all sorts of **** and have played against people I cant stand. Beating them is great but its thecherry on top of the cake. When I play well its because I am trying my hardest every time I play. </P>

the Giants have said nothing that should be considered bb material. If they were all as sensitive as some of you then they wouldn't be able to be pro athletes.....</P>

why do so many of you care about something that "could be" and X factor as you say....</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
02-04-2012, 11:25 PM

*</P>

The way I look at it, nearly all players use it for Motivation, as Brady said he did from the start of his College career to being picked 7th @ pick 199 after all the others qbs that year. If you have ever played sports, or nearly anything competitive. Then you know if there is smack talk or you are openly being doubted, you will use that to help motivate yourself, and push yourself even harder to be better and try to win the game. Now with that being said. I feel that if you are the best team and (most agree they are) that talk doesn't matter much (but has some weight). Because you need to have more then 1 person going with that mindset, and in football it is generally more then 1 person who helps you win at the end of the game. But then again if the other person is better than you 90% of the time they will win, unless you never quit and they take you likely, or do not train as hard or whatever the reason may be. Just look at the games to Seattle, the Redskins twice this year, and the final Eagles game. That is four games right there. So while I am not a fan of it, at least try to keep it to a bare minimum. Unless your answering back the ones doing the trash talking. But at the end of the day it will be talent and desire that decides who wins. There is some weight to it, but there is more then just that, that decides the game, but that could be an x-factor in a sense.</P>

what have they said that is so bad or even considered trash talk?....</P>

thats the point. What they have said is such benign bull**** and you people seem to get all twisted by it. Yes....I have played sports my whole life and still do. You know what drives me....wanting to win and play the best I can. I have heard all sorts of **** and have played against people I cant stand. Beating them is great but its the*cherry on top of the cake. When I play well its because I am trying my hardest every time I play. </P>

the Giants have said nothing that should be considered bb material. If they were all as sensitive as some of you then they wouldn't be able to be pro athletes.....</P>

why do so many of you care about something that "could be" and X factor as you say....</P>

*</P>I do not really care. I am not on the field to make a difference.

They are the ones who are playing, and however it goes it is on them. So all in.

JJC7301
02-04-2012, 11:43 PM

*</P>
+1. Amen. Thank God the Giants players aren't reading these boards.

GameTime
02-05-2012, 08:25 AM

</P>

+1. Amen. Thank God the Giants players aren't reading these boards.</P>

right...</P>

the effect of trash talk or motivational talk ends when the players leave the tunnel...</P>

on the field one thing matters....and thats playing better then they other team. All players have their reason or motivation already. For the Giants its playing for the guy in the locker next to you. </P>

</P>

bansaw
02-05-2012, 08:35 AM
did Nilay get fired for posting the Superbowl Champs homepage?

karmas a *****, hope it doesnt bite us in the ***

GO GIANTS !!!

GameTime
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
did Nilay get fired for posting the Superbowl Champs homepage?

karmas a *****, hope it doesnt bite us in the ***

GO GIANTS !!!
</P>

karma doesnt have to be bad. There is good karma too. Maybe its a portent of the future....lol</P>

really though....**** like that matters not.</P>

OX1
02-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Secondly, this does provide incentive to the opposition. I look back to 4 years ago. In America's Game, Strahan noted that Brady's comments resonated with the Giants defense, and the 19-0 publication available for pre-order clearly fired the team up with comments of "18-1, trademark THAT" directly following the game.

Nothing that was done in the last 2 weeks, even a web page blunder comes close to arrogance of a published book about a perfect season that has not happened yet. G-men could talk trash 24 hours a day for 2 weeks and still not reach that level.

GameTime
02-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Nothing that was done in the last 2 weeks, even a web page blunder comes close to arrogance of a published book about a perfect season that has not happened yet. G-men could talk trash 24 hours a day for 2 weeks and still not reach that level.
</P>

I agree....once the hitting on the field starts and the players are in action all the previous media bull**** is just that...</P>

media bull****.....</P>