PDA

View Full Version : J williams is not the answer

Marvelousmik
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
enough said

Juanito
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
This is the one complaint I have of Jerry. Outwith the signing of Boley there has been a refusal to address the Linebacker position, which has been a problem for years now. We need at least a big free-agent signing or a 1st round draft pick spent here in the off-season. No converted defensive ends, no late round draft picks, no cheap scrubs. Invest in the position heavily.

CGYgiant
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
This is the one complaint I have of Jerry. Outwith the signing of Boley there has been a refusal to address the Linebacker position, which has been a problem for years now. We need at least a big free-agent signing or a 1st round draft pick spent here in the off-season. No converted defensive ends, no late round draft picks, no cheap scrubs. Invest in the position heavily.

How many LBS in this league can defend Finley? delusional people on these boards wow..

BlueSanta
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
He is a rookie covering 1 of the best TEs in the league. Blame the coordinator who put him in that situation.

tomk882001
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
That guy is so bad I didn't where they find some of these guys, will blacken is just as bad

horn27
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
He is a rookie covering 1 of the best TEs in the league. Blame the coordinator who put him in that situation.
+1

Juanito
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM

How many LBS in this league can defend Finley? delusional people on these boards wow..
Yeah, no one could cover Finley better than the great Jacquian Williams.

NYG3085
He's a 6th round rookie. Shut up.

RoanokeFan
enough said

He's a rookie covering a damn good receiver.

ny06
Finley is a wide-receiver in atightends body. </P>

He gives seasoned vets a hard time covering him. </P>

Williams was with him all the way, perfect pass, and good execution </P>

MikeSherrard
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Its ridiculous comments like these that are the inarguable difference between a fan and a professional talent evaluator.

He played tough...he's a rookie, 6th rounder playing against the top team in the league.

I guess you don't remember when Jesse Armstead was a rookie and was getting dogged all over the place.

Give the kid a chance before you make a decision.

ShakeNBake
enough said

rookie LB trying to cover one of the best TEs in the game, give me a break

tomk882001
They just do not have the body's to keep up. Where is the GM. He did nothing to help this team this year. It time to look for a new team

wado1
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Cmon, he is a rookie and he played darn well against arguably a TOP 3 TE in the league.

Redeyejedi
12-04-2011, 08:57 PM
How many LBS in this league can defend Finley? delusional people on these boards wow..Seriously a rookie covering 1 on 1 on the top 3 receiving tight end in the NFL

Redeyejedi
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
enough said

Physically speaking this kid has the tools to be a very good WLB.I really think the Giants hit a home run with him and we will see a huge jump next year. These kids had no training camp and he basically got tossed into the fire playing starter snaps. He has the hips to stick with these athletic TE's .when he gets the mental part he will be good im convinced of it

buddy33
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
He almost made a great play. To bad.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
enough said

Physically speaking this kid has the tools to be a very good WLB.I really think the Giants hit a home run with him and we will see a huge jump next year. These kids had no training camp and he basically got tossed into the fire playing starter snaps. He has the hips to stick with these athletic TE's .when he gets the mental part he will be good im convinced of it

+1

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:10 PM

The experience will be good for him when we meet the Packers in the playoffs and beat them.

wado1
12-04-2011, 09:10 PM
enough said

Physically speaking this kid has the tools to be a very good WLB.*I really think the Giants hit a home run with him and we will see a huge jump next year. These kids had no training camp and he basically got tossed into the fire playing starter snaps. He has the hips to stick with these athletic TE's .when he gets the mental part he will be good im convinced of it

THIS

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 09:38 PM
hmmmm

jjj45
01-25-2012, 09:41 PM
hmmmmDude you are like the summoner of crow.

Firenugget
01-26-2012, 07:28 AM

More like the summoner of bs. At least these people were here to have an opinion. This guy just joins after we're in the playoffs and wants to pull up some old threads like he knew something that nobody else did?

The dude is a bandwagon troll.

Gav_devils#56
01-26-2012, 07:44 AM

The experience will be good for him when we meet the Packers in the playoffs and beat them.

I annoint you Nostradamus!

threenout
01-26-2012, 07:54 AM
J. Williams is one of the many bright spots on this team. He was thrown into the fray probably before he was ready but has responded very well. Not sure what you have been watching but you are way off base on this one

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 09:09 AM

http://www.utoledo.edu/library/carlson/exhibits/gypsy/images/Gypsy_fortune_teller.jpg

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM

More like the summoner of bs. At least these people were here to have an opinion. This guy just joins after we're in the playoffs and wants to pull up some old threads like he knew something that nobody else did?

The dude is a bandwagon troll.
That is fair.I didnt even look at that

galaxy10
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
enough said

Totally agree. I do think however that we need to draft or FA to get a stud LB. Been saying it for years. I just hope that the inattention does not lose us a SB

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Jerry Reese's strategy of throwing a bunch of crap at the LBer position and seeing what sticks seems to be paying off.

Gimaniac
01-26-2012, 09:49 AM
I want to fly like Superman.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1011471.1327503366!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

swordfish
01-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Another brainless post.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Some people are so quick to judge a player! Last year I saw some JPP is a bust threads, just like I saw this year some Prince is our Revis type threads. Look let the players play and then we can evaluate.

I like Williams I think he has great speed. Is he out of position sometimes? Yes...he is a rookie its to be expected. Give him a full training camp and we will see how he progresses. I just know he doesn't strip Williams we might not be in the SB.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Jerry Reese's strategy of throwing a bunch of crap at the LBer position and seeing what sticks seems to be paying off.</P>

It kinda what you have to do with the least important position in the type of defense we run. EVERY defense prioritizes positions and uses their premium draft picks and $$ on those positions. </P>

It's why you see the Steelers constantly usisng top picks on OLBers and DL, but never on CBs. In their zone blitz scheme, the CB is not the highest prioritized position. </P>

Our LBer group is not a outstanding group. But in this defense, they don't have to be in order for the scheme to succeed. Really, all we needed was to get Boley back and have a servicable MLB with Blackburn. </P>

You know LBer is not a premium position on the Defense when a player of Blackburns' caliber, nothing against him, solidifies the unit. </P>

RoanokeFan
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
enough said

Was that supposed to be in red? Williams is LEARNING and, from what I've witnessed, I think he's going to be a better than average player for us.

DragonSoul
01-26-2012, 03:37 PM
enough said
Apparently MM bats 1000%

So from now on, whatever MM writes, go with the opposite. Eli, J.Will and who knows what else. To lazy to look.

You win with your picks. Just say the whole team, and we would be perfect.

FLNYGFAN
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I almost forgot to look when this thread was started, but I am glad I did.

Williams has made some mistake along the way, but he's also been progressing nicely. Davis didn't do anything when Williams was covering him.

He'll make great strides going into next season and be a player the D can rely on.

shockeyg
01-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I almost forgot to look when this thread was started, but I am glad I did.

Williams has made some mistake along the way, but he's also been progressing nicely. Davis didn't do anything when Williams was covering him.

He'll make great strides going into next season and be a player the D can rely on.LOL same here after reading the OP statements I was thinking WTF ? Then saw the date . But JW has been coming along fine . Bringing back Blackburn was huge in helping J.W . The kid will be able to learn the pro game at a good pace . I think if he keeps going the way he is he'll be nice for us next year.Because like someone stated MLB isn't the money pos. with great DE's and above avg. DT's.

JacksGiant76
01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
enough said

In 2 years, he'll be the best LB we have, guaranteed.

G-Man67
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
we could now be sitting with 4 very capable LBs with Boley, Kiwi, J. Williams and J. Goff and maybe Blackburn for depth, ... i would fully expect to draft at least 1 LB and probably in the top half of the draft

also, as we have done most years ... we would probably look around for a good veteran LB

i think people constantly forget that we play 4-3 and in many packages we only have 2 LBs on the field, so if you have 2 studs like Boley and Kiwi or a younger, faster LB like Williams for more of a coverage package, then you're not in that bad of shape at the position ... i think everyone has been saying Giants and needing LB for so many years that people have stopped thinking realistically about it

BigBlue D
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
enough said

In 2 years, he'll be the best LB we have, guaranteed.

Agreed

NYG4Life10
01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I think your wrong and I believe we have a 3 good lbs for the future Boley-goff-J.will

The kid just needs to get a little bigger and improve how to stop the run

BlueSanta
01-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Me " statistically, 1 of the best rookie years for LB in Giant history..."

Critics *crickets chirp*