PDA

View Full Version : Last NYG SB I offered up a prayer, here we go again

BigBlueOnes
02-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Dear Lord, there are things in this world much more important than football, but to thousands of us, an essential fabric of our being is dreaming and living and pulling for our heroes. For many, the joy of this game may be all the recreation and relaxtion they obtain. That this game may bring such emotion and joy to man is not lost on you, and in that vein I fervently pray for a NY Giants win tomorrow and for the health and safety of all the player and fans. Amen.

Cosmiknight
02-04-2012, 11:03 PM
+10000000

SackingMyths
02-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Dear Lord, there are things in this world much more important than football, but to thousands of us, an essential fabric of our being is dreaming and living and pulling for our heroes. For many, the joy of this game may be all the recreation and relaxtion they obtain. That this game may bring such emotion and joy to man is not lost on you, and in that vein I fervently pray for a NY Giants win tomorrow and for the health and safety of all the player and fans. Amen.

Nice. I usually pray for all players in the game to come out healthy and for our guys to be loose and play their very best.

I don't ask for a Gmen win outright and it's worked tremendously.

GameTime
02-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Dear Lord, there are things in this world much more important than football, but to thousands of us, an essential fabric of our being is dreaming and living and pulling for our heroes. For many, the joy of this game may be all the recreation and relaxtion they obtain. That this game may bring such emotion and joy to man is not lost on you, and in that vein I fervently pray for a NY Giants win tomorrow and for the health and safety of all the player and fans. Amen.</P>

My Mom would be grateful. She prays for the Giants and tries to get me to go to church to do the same....:)</P>

Thank you for your prayer may it be heard and realized.</P>

JJC7301
02-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I pray before and during most, but not all, games. I'll definitely be praying tomorrow (got my own special lucky prayer). ;)

GOD BLESS THE NY FOOTBALL GIANTS!!!

BigBlueOnes
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm glad this was well received!! I'm sure TC would approve?? God I love this team and organization.

NYG1984
02-05-2012, 12:07 AM

Amen. God bless and Goodluck to the Giants.

Very positive post.

GreenZone
02-05-2012, 12:26 AM
"All In" is a profession of faith that is the secret weapon that has brought the team forward.

Excellent story from Newark Star Ledger some may not have seen:
<h1 class="entry-title"><font size="4">Politi: Many Giants find that faith goes beyond 'Tebowing' (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/politi_many_giants_find_that_f.html)</font></h1>
Excerpt:

He handed the 15 to 18 players who attended that night poker chips to
go with his message: “All In.” He encouraged the players to step up and
“risk everything and bet everything” on each other.</p>

The players embraced it, many keeping the chips in their lockers,
leading the team to print white “All In” towels to give to fans. </p>

Gonzalez was surprised at how his message took off. But Kareem
McKenzie, a veteran tackle and one of the regulars at Bible study and
chapel, wasn’t. He said the weekly sessions help players stay focused,
especially younger ones who are just now learning the rigors of the
league. </p>

“I think it helps make sure guys have the right spiritual mind-set to
do their jobs effectively,” McKenzie said. “If you have a good
spiritual base, you have a better understanding of the process and the
ups and downs of a season, and you can deal with it better.”</p>
Amen and "All In"

TheBookOfEli
02-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Amen brotha!

dELIver us!

tikiandphil
02-05-2012, 12:31 AM

Amen

Giants10Joe
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Amen

Easy-Duz-It
02-05-2012, 12:41 AM
hahahaha. wait...is this serious?

GreenZone
02-05-2012, 12:51 AM

Yes, the nation is 83% Christian and of course, you heard of Tim Tebow's faith being a major story in the NFL this year. Many of us believe, as many players do, as John Mara, Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin do. Please read the article I linked above.

Another excerpt:
<font color="#000080">
...the number of players who lean on their Christian faith is larger than it’s been in years for this franchise. </font>

<font color="#000080">Maybe ever. </font></p>

<font color="#000080">“I’ve been with the Giants for 16 seasons,” said George McGovern, the
team chaplain, “and as far as the quantity of guys involved in what we
do, this is the most I’ve seen.”</font></p>

Hostetler
02-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Amen

GameTime
02-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Yes, the nation is 83% Christian and of course, you heard of Tim Tebow's faith being a major story in the NFL this year. Many of us believe, as many players do, as John Mara, Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin do. Please read the article I linked above.

Another excerpt:
<FONT color=#000080>
...the number of players who lean on their Christian faith is larger than it’s been in years for this franchise. </FONT>

<FONT color=#000080>Maybe ever. </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>“I’ve been with the Giants for 16 seasons,” said George McGovern, the team chaplain, “and as far as the quantity of guys involved in what we do, this is the most I’ve seen.”</FONT></P>

</P>

easy now.....no need to get defensive. Some believe and some dont. </P>

ALL IN.....remember......</P>

</P>

Denaliman316
02-05-2012, 08:35 AM
I always pray too for no injuries and to bring out the best in The Giants.

Amen

SackingMyths
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM

Another excerpt:
<font color="#000080">
...the number of players who lean on their Christian faith is larger than it’s been in years for this franchise. </font>

<font color="#000080">Maybe ever. </font></p>

<font color="#000080">“I’ve been with the Giants for 16 seasons,” said George McGovern, the team chaplain, “and as far as the quantity of guys involved in what we do, this is the most I’ve seen.”</font></p>

</p>

easy now.....no need to get defensive. Some believe and some dont. </p>

ALL IN.....remember......</p>

</p>

Don't take offense, brother. We want to reel him in, not repel him.

All In baby!!!

<font color="#0000FF" size="5">34</font>-<font color="#FF0000">23 </font>

GameTime
02-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Another excerpt:
<FONT color=#000080>
...the number of players who lean on their Christian faith is larger than it’s been in years for this franchise. </FONT>

<FONT color=#000080>Maybe ever. </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000080>“I’ve been with the Giants for 16 seasons,” said George McGovern, the team chaplain, “and as far as the quantity of guys involved in what we do, this is the most I’ve seen.”</FONT></P>

</P>

easy now.....no need to get defensive. Some believe and some dont. </P>

ALL IN.....remember......</P>

</P>

Don't take offense, brother. We want to reel him in, not repel him.

All In baby!!!

<FONT color=#0000ff size=5>34</FONT>-<FONT color=#ff0000>23 </FONT>
</P>

I agree....</P>

the "is this serious" statement was not called for and the response got a but defensive...</P>

all good.....ALL IN...</P>

Scarfacee71
02-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Amen.

ALL IN

BigBlueOnes
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Modify the prayer to suit yourself, or simply say "All In" and well wishes for health and a good contest and above, a Big Blue Win. As far as I'm all concerned, we put our differences aside today and stand together as a Giants Nation! Sort of wish I was in a crowded Times Square bar feeling it all.

jimsgints
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
AMEN.