PDA

View Full Version : No matter what happens tomorrow

CDN_G-FAN
02-04-2012, 10:40 PM
i want to thank this group of players, group of coaches,group of managers, and group of owners.

i'm a glass half empty kinda guy. this team, and this year, has told me that "on any given sunday" isn't just a cliche.

there were some very low lows this year, and some really high highs.

What a year. Seriously. What a ride.

sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

but to the entire Giants organization: no matter what happens on Sunday, i'm forever grateful for the Giants restoring my belief in the improbable, for one of the most dramatic and enjoyable sports seasons of my entire life, and that i should never, and will never, underestimate "hope" again.

Thank you.

Bill

bleedblueVA
02-04-2012, 10:49 PM
i want to thank this group of players, group of coaches,group of managers, and group of owners.

i'm a glass half empty kinda guy. this team, and this year, has told me that "on any given sunday" isn't just a cliche.

but to the entire Giants organization: no matter what happens on Sunday, i'm forever grateful for the Giants restoring my belief in the improbable, for one of the most dramatic and enjoyable sports seasons of my entire life, and that i should never, and will never, underestimate "hope" again.

Thank you.

Bill +100000

byron
02-04-2012, 10:50 PM
i want to thank this group of players, group of coaches,group of managers, and group of owners. i'm a glass half empty kinda guy. this team, and this year, has told me that "on any given sunday" isn't just a cliche. there were some very low lows this year, and some really high highs. What a year. Seriously. What a ride. sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. but to the entire Giants organization: no matter what happens on Sunday, i'm forever grateful for the Giants restoring my belief in the improbable, for one of the most dramatic and enjoyable sports seasons of my entire life, and that i should never, and will never, underestimate "hope" again. Thank you. Bill</P>

no kidding man I feel the same way..... over 40 years as a Giants fan and lost my way for a bit this year...thanks Bill</P>

All In !!</P>

GameTime
02-04-2012, 10:56 PM
i want to thank this group of players, group of coaches,group of managers, and group of owners. i'm a glass half empty kinda guy. this team, and this year, has told me that "on any given sunday" isn't just a cliche. there were some very low lows this year, and some really high highs. What a year. Seriously. What a ride. sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. but to the entire Giants organization: no matter what happens on Sunday, i'm forever grateful for the Giants restoring my belief in the improbable, for one of the most dramatic and enjoyable sports seasons of my entire life, and that i should never, and will never, underestimate "hope" again. Thank you. Bill</P>

I agree...no doubt.</P>

I will be pissed as hell if they lose and will bash whom ever makes the mistakes to cause the loss. But after a few days I will still appreciate the season for sure...</P>

I will feel bad for TC and the whole org if they come this far and lose. But thats the game....only one winner....</P>

JJC7301
02-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Nicely said, Bill (aka CDN). No matter what, this has been a GREAT year. The '11 Giants are only 1 of 2 teams to have reached the SB, and they went through so much to get there.

I'm a glass is half-full type of guy, but I can't say that I expected SB this season. I'm just happy that they are finally living up to the talent level that I thought that they had. It's been a wonderful and memorable season, and definitely one that I will always remember fondly regardless of what happens in the SB (even though I think the Giants blow their doors off).

Giants, thank you for playing, and acting, like the talented professionals that I thought you were and expected. Can't ask for more.

And thank you in advance for an trip down the Canyon of Heroes.

Thank you.

Joe.

Roosevelt
02-04-2012, 11:05 PM

Thank you.

Bill

Hear hear Bill.

Paul

theBIZinMichigan
02-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Well said. I'm with you guys. I love this team. And I love this organization-- as classy as any in the NFL. Go Big Blue.

pj18
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm grateful... but I'll be a lot more grateful with a victory.

Roosevelt
02-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm grateful... but I'll be a lot more grateful with a victory.

That goes without saying.

No one expected this.

jjj45
02-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I thought this after we bet the Falcons. Like, wouldn't it be such a success to get to the SB.

But now that we're here we dang well better win the gosh-dang-doggone Superbowl!!!! If we lose this I'm going to freakin' flip out!

The follies of being a fan.....

NYG1984
02-05-2012, 12:01 AM
i agree completely and id also like to apologize to Jerry Reese for pretty much losing it when watching the eagles make all these moves and telling us not to worry we will get in playoffs amd make some noise.

noise? superbowl is noise? THANKYOU! LETS MAKE ALOT OF NOISE TOMORROW!

Hostetler
02-05-2012, 12:55 AM
I will not lie - At the bginning of the season, losing T2, Goff,and Prince etc etc, I thought going 8-8 would be a sucessful season. After the beating we took from the saints, the nailbiter with greenbay, and then the second loss to the skins, I screamed for TC's head. I thought no way was this a playoff caliber team, and that if we did make it in, we would be one and done. </P>

</P>

This season, win or lose today, is something special, and I am glad to be around for the ride.</P>

</P>

</P>

ALL IN!!!!</P>

</P>

p.s. Every Giants SB I was able to watch we won (I was deployed for the Raven debacle)</P>

FlyingTruck
02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Honestly at the beginning of the season I never thought we would make it this far.

We've come this far, have won the games we needed to. We've come this far..let's finish it!

CDN_G-FAN
02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Honestly at the beginning of the season I never thought we would make it this far.

We've come this far, have won the games we needed to. We've come this far..let's finish it!

+1

G-Man67
02-05-2012, 10:12 AM
yes thank you coaches, players, owners, managers, scouts, trainers, fans, posters, equipment guys ... but please, please, please win !!!!!

yatitle
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Listen like any game, if the players are prepared and leave it all out on the field, then you can't ask for anything more. Listening to TC this week I think he believes they are prepared and ready to do whatever it takes to win the game. Hopefully we get the result we all want.

Delicreep
02-05-2012, 10:27 AM

Thank you.

Bill

Nice post Bill (almost forgot we all have real names)

Got me thinking...at what point during the regular season was it perfectly justified for a fan to write this team off?

I am a glass is 3/4 full kinda guy, and I honestly just wanted to win my bet with DMG that we would win at least 7 games.

The Jets game was the first time I thought we might sneak into the playoffs, but that it was a one and done affair.

So I sit here now, liking our match ups and chances in the SB, and I can't help but be happy, win or lose--they never gave up as a team, which is all a fan can ever ask for.

Bob

Providence
02-05-2012, 10:31 AM

Thank you.

Bill

Hear hear Bill.

Paul

Totally agree Bill and Paul.

Jesse

CDN_G-FAN
02-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Nice to see some names behind the faces.

given what we're all going to go through emotionally today, win or lose, its nice to put a name to a bunch of posters i've liked and respected for a long time (roos, deli, prov, jj, now paul, bob, jesse, joe)............

chasjay
02-05-2012, 10:42 AM
The closest I came to saying, "Well, that's it for 2011" was after the 2nd loss to the Skins. I guess that was probably true for many others. But even then I didn't stop hoping they'd come around - even then it was clear that it would only take a few improvements, a little better play in a couple areas to give us a chance. And they came through in the end - offense, defense and ST's.

Adding my voice of appreciation to Bill's and others.

ALL N ew york giants

scoopscj
02-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Win or lose, I'm proud of our guys.

Every 20 seconds my brain says the following...
1) Patriots played nobody really... they aren't that good....
2) Patriots are great, they won a lot of games and have tremendous weapons
3) The Patriots have awful D
4) The Patriots don't give up a lot of points.
5) The Giants have been playing well.
6) The Giants lost to the Redskins... twice
7) We will win
8) We will lose
9) Where is the beer?

LETS GO GET US ANOTHER LOMBARDI!

Scoops

sc_markt
02-05-2012, 10:53 AM

Thank you.

Bill

Very well said. +1