PDA

View Full Version : Gilbride Lost This Game

Tenspro2002
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
When he ran pass plays on 1st and 2nd down from the 4 yard line with a minute to go.

In that situation, the call is rush, rush, rush, rush, and either we score on an early down, or we take time off the clock.

The way he called it was guaranteed to leave time on the clock for GB, which sealed our fate.

CGYgiant
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
When he ran pass plays on 1st and 2nd down from the 4 yard line with a minute to go.

In that situation, the call is rush, rush, rush, rush, and either we score on an early down, or we take time off the clock.

The way he called it was guaranteed to leave time on the clock for GB, which sealed our fate.

hahahahahahaha. wow. cool story bro. the offence did NOT lose us this game moron

BG61
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
No Fewell lost this game. Putting Will Blackmon out on the field in single coverage.

Coach Carter
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM

hahahahahahaha. wow. cool story bro. the offence did NOT lose us this game moron

Really, the pick six didn't do anything to the final score?

jaygoon
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Nobody list the game for us. I thought every part of the game was executed and called well. Green bay proved better, congrats to them.

michaelinf
Maybe so, but defense has not risen to the occasion when a big play was needed for a long time now. Ultimately Coughlin has to be held accountable for his inability to win in the second half of the season.

michaelinf
Maybe so, but defense has not risen to the occasion when a big play was needed for a long time now. Ultimately Coughlin has to be held accountable for his inability to win in the second half of the season.

Tenspro2002

Sorry, I thought I would bring up a more subtle topic instead of starting another of 50 other threads stating the obvious.

ny06
No Fewell lost this game. Putting Will Blackmon out on the field in single coverage.</P>

That was a mistake. </P>

I put it on the lack of depth we have at the corner position. (with injuries)</P>

the Packers have alot of good receivers. The safeties had to go over the top with Jennings and Driver. </P>

</P>

bleedblue78
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
just posted thread on this very same stupid game clock management

horn27

The way he called it was guaranteed to leave time on the clock for GB, which sealed our fate.wow!!! really????

CGYgiant

How is that Gilbride fault exactly? I mean it has become common on these boards to blame Gilbride for some of Elis decisions right?

Drez
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
When he ran pass plays on 1st and 2nd down from the 4 yard line with a minute to go. In that situation, the call is rush, rush, rush, rush, and either we score on an early down, or we take time off the clock. The way he called it was guaranteed to leave time on the clock for GB, which sealed our fate. hahahahahahaha. wow. cool story bro. the offence did NOT lose us this game moron

</P>

I think letting GB get in FG range in 2 plays with 50 seconds left had a little something to do with it.</P>

dave8274
Eli lost this game by throwing a pick 6.

NYG3085
He's right. Clock Management was very poor. Both our Coordinators SUCK.

Tenspro2002
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM

The way he called it was guaranteed to leave time on the clock for GB, which sealed our fate.wow!!! really????

The way GB was moving the ball, you just can't leave them any time. Gilbride's pass-happy playcalling *guaranteed* that at best GB would have a minute left to try to win the game.

giants-rule-in-pa
this game is mostly on the d .
yes eli threw a pick six but he didnt let the packers drive down the field with 58 secs and to lose the game

wado1
Gilbrided didnt give up 38 points

Nyflava4ya420
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/11/10/sports/photos_stories/cropped/eli_manning--300x300.jpg

We are going to run a screen to DJ ware after we motion him to the outside, no one will ever see it coming.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0301/nfl_u_fewellp_300.jpg

Derp. Let's rush 3. ZONE ZONE ZONE, Blitzing is over rated. They can't possibly score in 50 seconds if we play a prevent D.

michaelinf
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Rodgers threw a pick that resulted in aTD as well. Fact of the matter is, the Giants have not been able to own a game from start to finish all season. Champions win late, but also kick *** during the year too. Giants have not kicked anything except themselves. Funny thing is, they still can win the division outright.

Vtgmenfan89
The defense gave up a TD in the last minute of the game after the offense got a TD to tie it....you're an idiot if you think this game is Gilbride's fault. Offense scored 35 points, not their fault. Defense gave up 38 and a last minute td, it's their fault if anyones

Tenspro2002
this game is mostly on the d .
yes eli threw a pick six but he didnt let the packers drive down the field with 58 secs and to lose the game

I should have stated that my comments took for granted that Perry Fewell is incompetent and our defense was hopeless out there in the second half.

As a coach/coordinator, you have to recognize that and actively manage the clock on offense.

Vtgmenfan89
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/11/10/sports/photos_stories/cropped/eli_manning--300x300.jpg

We are going to run a screen to DJ ware after we motion him to the outside, no one will ever see it coming.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0301/nfl_u_fewellp_300.jpg

Derp. Let's rush 3. ZONE ZONE ZONE, Blitzing is over rated. They can't possibly score in 50 seconds if we play a prevent D.

I can't believe they are still calling those damn screens to Ware. They NEVER work

compaqnigg
My thoughts exactly. Football 101. http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2360524.aspx (/forums/thread/2360524.aspx)

FUUFNF

I guess that's when you stopped watching, cuz Rodgers gave those points right back.

canadave
12-04-2011, 08:57 PM
You guys are not reading the OP's point. He's not saying that's the ONLY reason we lost. But he's absolutely right--we HAD to run the ball there. Throwing the ball each time and having the clock stop each time was completely awful time management, and played right into Aaron Rodgers' hands.

Obviously there were a million other reasons we lost the game overall, but for sure those throws at the end from the 4 were awful, awful play calling. Given Green Bay's offense being otherworldly, the prime consideration along with scoring HAD to be preventing them from having any time left to come down and win the game...as they did. I think everyone saw that coming a mile away.

CGYgiant
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
You guys are not reading the OP's point.* He's not saying that's the ONLY reason we lost.* But he's absolutely right--we HAD to run the ball there.* Throwing the ball each time and having the clock stop each time was completely awful time management, and played right into Aaron Rodgers' hands.

Obviously there were a million other reasons we lost the game overall, but for sure those throws at the end from the 4 were awful, awful play calling.* Given Green Bay's offense being otherworldly, the prime consideration along with scoring HAD to be preventing them from having any time left to come down and win the game...as they did.* I think everyone saw that coming a mile away.

Really? we HAD to run the ball? dont you think scoring 7 points was just a little bit more important then worrying about how much time we left Rogers?

Joe Morrison
12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Offense puts up 35 points and Gilbride lost the game?</P>

What game were you watching, with everything on the line the 3 man rush reared it's ugly head again.</P>

Fewell lost the game, get real.</P>

NorwoodBlue
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Less than obvious point is, what if the two pointer failed? We needed time on the clock in that case to try an onsides kick. Remember the two pointer works less than 50% of the time if I remember right, so we potentially needed two scores. You're blaming Gilbride for doing the right thing, scoring the TD with time on the clock in case a second score was needed.

It was an ultra soft defense that allowed the chip shot field goal, not Gilbride.

Tenspro2002
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
You guys are not reading the OP's point.* He's not saying that's the ONLY reason we lost.* But he's absolutely right--we HAD to run the ball there.* Throwing the ball each time and having the clock stop each time was completely awful time management, and played right into Aaron Rodgers' hands.

Obviously there were a million other reasons we lost the game overall, but for sure those throws at the end from the 4 were awful, awful play calling.* Given Green Bay's offense being otherworldly, the prime consideration along with scoring HAD to be preventing them from having any time left to come down and win the game...as they did.* I think everyone saw that coming a mile away.

Let's look at a rush-happy versus a pass-happy strategy, and what could possibly happen (ignoring unlikely things like INTs or fumbles):

Pass:
1st down - TD (1:10 left) or incomplete
2nd down - TD (1:05 left) or incomplete
3rd down - TD (1:00 left) or incomplete
4th down - TD (0:55 left) or incomplete (game over)

Rush:
1st down - TD (1:10 left) or stuffed (GB timeout?)
2nd down - TD (0:30 or 1:05 left if TO used) or stuffed
3rd down - TD (0:20 left) or stuffed
4th down - TD (0:15 left) or stuffed (game over)

The only way passing is the right move is if you believe it has a much better chance of succeeding than rushing, which if you saw the game is just downright false.

Tenspro2002
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Less than obvious point is, what if the two pointer failed?* We needed time on the clock in that case to try an onsides kick.* Remember the two pointer works less than 50% of the time if I remember right, so we potentially needed two scores.* You're blaming Gilbride for doing the right thing, scoring the TD with time on the clock in case a second score was needed.

It was an ultra soft defense that allowed the chip shot field goal, not Gilbride.

That's a fair point, but the only way that comes into play is if we recover the onside kick, a highly unlikely proposition. You have to play for running out the clock and scoring with less than 30 seconds left.

buddy33
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
The defense played good today against one of the best offenses ever.

When they did force a punt the offense did nothing against one of the worse defenses in the league.

BK07071
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Gilbride didn't lose this game numbnuts!!! The offense put the points on the board but the defense allowed 38 points . So who do you think takes the blame for this loss? The defense! and who is in charge of the defense Fewell! Now does that answer your question!

chasjay
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM

At that point I don't think we were playing for overtime. I think we wanted to tie the game, get 3 incomplete clock stoppages on the Packers and have a last shot in regulation ourselves. Or maybe I'm crazy.

Joe Morrison
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
You guys are not reading the OP's point. He's not saying that's the ONLY reason we lost. But he's absolutely right--we HAD to run the ball there. Throwing the ball each time and having the clock stop each time was completely awful time management, and played right into Aaron Rodgers' hands.

Obviously there were a million other reasons we lost the game overall, but for sure those throws at the end from the 4 were awful, awful play calling. Given Green Bay's offense being otherworldly, the prime consideration along with scoring HAD to be preventing them from having any time left to come down and win the game...as they did. I think everyone saw that coming a mile away.
Let's look at a rush-happy versus a pass-happy strategy, and what could possibly happen (ignoring unlikely things like INTs or fumbles): Pass: 1st down - TD (1:10 left) or incomplete 2nd down - TD (1:05 left) or incomplete 3rd down - TD (1:00 left) or incomplete 4th down - TD (0:55 left) or incomplete (game over) Rush: 1st down - TD (1:10 left) or stuffed (GB timeout?) 2nd down - TD (0:30 or 1:05 left if TO used) or stuffed 3rd down - TD (0:20 left) or stuffed 4th down - TD (0:15 left) or stuffed (game over) The only way passing is the right move is if you believe it has a much better chance of succeeding than rushing, which if you saw the game is just downright false.</P>

Or you don't make the two point conversion, kick an onsides kick and win witha FG.</P>

buddy33
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Gilbrided didnt give up 38 points

Neither did the defense. Green Bay scored 7 off an interception and 4 points off a horrible call by the refs on that one TD where the WR clearly didn't have control of the ball and that was a 3rd down. I say 4 points cause I'll give them the FG on 4th down. So th defense gave up 27 the way I see it. Not bad against that offense.

krankeybluechick
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM

Your kidding right?

Drez
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Eli lost this game by throwing a pick 6. Your kidding right?</P>

Unfortunately, he isn't.</P>

Just like it's KG's and the offense's fault that we left just under 1 minute left for GB to drive 70 yards for a chip shot FG towin.</P>

Roswell777
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
The better team won. And the better team had the benefit of some really questionable calls.

There's no way that Jennings had control of that ball in the end zone.

No way.

krankeybluechick
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM

Just like it's KG's and the offense's fault that we left just under 1 minute left for GB to drive 70 yards for a chip shot FG to*win.</P>

It's very sad he isn't, I mean scoring the touchdown and a 2 point conversation is not a gimme. You don't make it you have to have some time on the clock and attempt an onside kick and you need time for that.

Drez
12-04-2011, 09:38 PM

Just like it's KG's and the offense's fault that we left just under 1 minute left for GB to drive 70 yards for a chip shot FG towin.</P>

It's very sad he isn't, I mean scoring the touchdown and a 2 point conversation is not a gimme. You don't make it you have to have some time on the clock and attempt an onside kick and you need time for that.</P>

Yup. </P>

Also, I think you should have faith that your defense isn't going to allow the opponent to go 70 yards in 50 seconds, either... and picking up 40 or so of them on the first 2 plays.</P>

Drez
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
The better team won. And the better team had the benefit of some really questionable calls. There's no way that Jennings had control of that ball in the end zone. No way.</P>

We definitely got jobbed on that play. The JWill PI was pretty weak. So was the no call on what could have been a huge reception by Nicks.</P>

NorwoodBlue
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Less than obvious point is, what if the two pointer failed? We needed time on the clock in that case to try an onsides kick. Remember the two pointer works less than 50% of the time if I remember right, so we potentially needed two scores. You're blaming Gilbride for doing the right thing, scoring the TD with time on the clock in case a second score was needed.

That's a fair point, but the only way that comes into play is if we recover the onside kick, a highly unlikely proposition. You have to play for running out the clock and scoring with less than 30 seconds left.

If they'd run the clock down and scored then failed to get the 2pt conversion this board would be lit up with the same bunch of people saying Gilbride should have scored quickly and saved time for an onside attempt. This thread is a farce, Gilbride did the right thing.

T-Murda84
12-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Take away the pick 6, take away the Greg Jennings bobbling act...The Giants Defense wasnt that terrible until the final drive. I dont understand...Yall complain about 3 man rushes and zone, but when Fewell sends the house with Blackmon playing tight man to man coverage like Sprags would have done, u blame Fewell. Other than JPP we really wasnt getting much of a pass rush from any1 else. Fewell was more aggressive like yall want him to be on that last drive...but Jacquian Williams, Blackmon really missed it up for us. Williams cant cover anybody yet yall want this bum on the field...being fast and knowing how to cover is too different things.

BK07071
12-04-2011, 11:39 PM

You definitely have a mental deficiency as well as as a problem with your eye sight. I know two very good doctors that you should see. They work in the same hospital that I do and when they read your post they suggested that someone get in touch with you so that you can make an appointment to see them as soon as possible. What you have is very contagious and can inflict serious neurological and visual trauma if left treated.....the desease is called "No Friggin Brains"

Redeyejedi
12-04-2011, 11:45 PM

The way GB was moving the ball, you just can't leave them any time. Gilbride's pass-happy playcalling *guaranteed* that at best GB would have a minute left to try to win the game.If they missed the 2 point conversion at the same time u want a chance to kick an onsides kick

BK07071
12-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Take away the pick 6, take away the Greg Jennings bobbling act...The Giants Defense wasnt that terrible until the final drive. I dont understand...Yall complain about 3 man rushes and zone, but when Fewell sends the house with Blackmon playing tight man to man coverage like Sprags would have done, u blame Fewell. Other than JPP we really wasnt getting much of a pass rush from any1 else. Fewell was more aggressive like yall want him to be on that last drive...but Jacquian Williams, Blackmon really missed it up for us. Williams cant cover anybody yet yall want this bum on the field...being fast and knowing how to cover is too different things.

You think the defense and fewell's scheme played well??? Than please explain how the Packers scored 38 points !!!! AND YES THREE MAN RUSHES DO NOT PUT PRESSURE ON THE QB WHILE YOU DROP EIGHT MEN IN COVERAGE, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL TO COVER AND LOOK LIKE THE KEYSTONE COPS OUT THERE!!!

harrycarson
12-04-2011, 11:47 PM
No Fewell lost this game. Putting Will Blackmon out on the field in single coverage.

NO DOUBT FEWELL IS JUST PLAIN OLD STUPID!!!! Running the ball on the 4 on 1st and 2nd down was a no brainer tho, everyone in America was thinking the same thing except Killdrive, Killdrive was thinking: "Man we need to hurry and get into the endzone so we can leave Rodgers eneough time to shove the football up the defenses rear like everyone has all year, this way I will not look like such a ****** and Perry can take all the heat.. Then I can go home and play with myself in piece with nobody bothering me"

harrycarson
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM

You think the defense and fewell's scheme played well??? Than please explain how the Packers scored 38 points !!!! AND YES THREE MAN RUSHES DO NOT PUT PRESSURE ON THE QB WHILE YOU DROP EIGHT MEN IN COVERAGE, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL TO COVER AND LOOK LIKE THE KEYSTONE COPS OUT THERE!!!

Houston we have someone hard of thinking..THE DEFENSE HAS GIVEN UP 86 points in 2 games and about 900 yards. EVERY TEAM WE HAVE PLAYED HAS JAMMED TH FOOTBALL SO FAR UP OUR REAR ENDS THAT WE WILL BE TASTING LEATHER FOR A DECADE!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? NOT THAT BAD???? Well pal apparently u are not a Giants an that is somehwat used to decent defense if you can accept this.