PDA

View Full Version : Belichick's last minute player cut.

Relentless
02-05-2012, 04:08 AM
Am I crazy...or paranoid...because here's how I honestly think the events leading up to Belichick cutting Tiquan Underwood last night went down.

1. Belichick worries about the damage Eli can do to his somewhat weak and depleted secondary if he is given a few seconds in the pocket, plus he's not sure of his D-lines ability to get quick pressure on him.

2. Given that his teams roster is obviously known by the Giants and there is plenty of game film available for the Giants to study and use in order to prepare a game plan for their O-line so they can best protect Eli, Belichick feels he's at a disadvantage.

3. Belichick has an idea.

4. He decides to take a strong defensive player from the practice squad and secretly prepare him to play in the Super Bowl.

5. The day before the game he cuts another player and adds the guy from the practice squad to the team making it impossible for the Giants to be able to prepare because they have no knowledge of his tendencies, and since he's a practice squad player there is also no game film for them to study.

If something like this really is how it all went down, and Underwood was blindsided when he was told he was being cut, this is going to be remembered for a long time as an example of everything that is wrong with football, as well as one of the worst examples of sportsmanship ever. Not to mention the epic level of bad karma it will create for Belichick.

calzonesays
02-05-2012, 04:11 AM
All it means is Ocho is gonna play.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Whole thread about this subject. Maybe several of them if mods didn't already delete a few

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Oh and I highly doubt practice squad player will have any kind of impact on this game, if he even plays

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Chad could be a factor... But I think he will be invisible like he was in nov

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 04:19 AM
i dont see how ocho, who made no impact with our 5th and 6th string db's covering him, will factor into this game at all.

he's had no game experience in months, hasn't been relevant all season. i find it would be impossible for him to get to a game speed level that he can make a positive difference in the game out of nowhere.

and pls, BB is a genius ok ill admit that. but why the **** would he stash a practice squad player who "could cause problems" just in case he made the SB? if this PS player was good, he'd be playing all season. BB is worried Eli will have time, if Eli has time, no defense will be able to stop us. BB is grasping at straws, and honestly it IS horrible Karma