PDA

View Full Version : We played horribly week 9 and still won

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Without Nicks AND Bradshaw.

The game was on the NFL Network Replay it still is on, I can't sleep so I was watching it of course.

Let me tell you something, we played poorly on offense, and had some lapses on defense, and we still should have blown them out. The score was much closer than the actual play. That redzone int was on Eli, but I also noticed watching the replay that Pascoe also did a piss poor job of running his route. He practically gives up mid way and makes the cardinal sin of following the ball with his helmet to blatantly signal the defender "ok forget about him". Had Pascoe run his route correctly, Arrington doesn't even get the chance to track the ball.

Also, Wilfork seemed to cause no problems. The only issue was free blitzers off the edge.

And I hear some analysts say that the 07 Pats team is different than this one, and their two te set will negate our pass rush. Well, with a healthy Gronks and Hernadez in week 9 staying in to help with the blocking, our pass rush was still severely messing up Brady's rhythm.

Ross muffed a punt, D.Thomas almost muffed a kick return. Dropped passes, Cruz was double teamed and still made an impact...

I'm telling you, I was very confident before, after seeing this replay, I am like at cloud 9. Eli had an avg game for him and seriously we still should have destroyed them. At one point we should have led 17-0...

With Nicks and Bradshaw along with Prince, Baas, and Hynoski...I honestly have a very hard time seeing how NE even keeps it close. Not being a homer at all on this, just going by what I see from these two teams playing week 9 IN NE.

MM was also banged up too. Just saying, if anyone is having trouble waiting for the game, rewatch the week 9 matchup.

Giants can't start slow that'll be the only way NE can stick around. We start fast, it's going to be extremely difficult for NE. ANd like I said in another thread I started, NE can try different defensive looks, but you CANNOT scheme to stop double routes unless your willing to concede coverages on wr's, and you do that against us we're scoring real fast.

So stoked for this game. Cannot wait AT ALL.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:38 AM

The game was on the NFL Network Replay it still is on, I can't sleep so I was watching it of course.

Let me tell you something, we played poorly on offense, and had some lapses on defense, and we still should have blown them out. The score was much closer than the actual play. That redzone int was on Eli, but I also noticed watching the replay that Pascoe also did a piss poor job of running his route. He practically gives up mid way and makes the cardinal sin of following the ball with his helmet to blatantly signal the defender "ok forget about him". Had Pascoe run his route correctly, Arrington doesn't even get the chance to track the ball.

Also, Wilfork seemed to cause no problems. The only issue was free blitzers off the edge.

And I hear some analysts say that the 07 Pats team is different than this one, and their two te set will negate our pass rush. Well, with a healthy Gronks and Hernadez in week 9 staying in to help with the blocking, our pass rush was still severely messing up Brady's rhythm.

Ross muffed a punt, D.Thomas almost muffed a kick return. Dropped passes, Cruz was double teamed and still made an impact...

I'm telling you, I was very confident before, after seeing this replay, I am like at cloud 9. Eli had an avg game for him and seriously we still should have destroyed them. At one point we should have led 17-0...

With Nicks and Bradshaw along with Prince, Baas, and Hynoski...I honestly have a very hard time seeing how NE even keeps it close. Not being a homer at all on this, just going by what I see from these two teams playing week 9 IN NE.

MM was also banged up too. Just saying, if anyone is having trouble waiting for the game, rewatch the week 9 matchup.

Giants can't start slow that'll be the only way NE can stick around. We start fast, it's going to be extremely difficult for NE. ANd like I said in another thread I started, NE can try different defensive looks, but you CANNOT scheme to stop double routes unless your willing to concede coverages on wr's, and you do that against us we're scoring real fast.

I think both MM and Cruz were just coming back off injuries and were not in full beast mode.. And as u said no nicks or AB. No Hynoski to block so running game was severely depleted.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought we didnt have some D players also...

Was Boley and Osi both playing

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 04:58 AM

yes boley and osi both played but we were w/o prince and some depth db's.

also, i find it flat wrong when people say "oh aikmans a fair analyst" or whatever. watch that week 9 game and listen to aikman. by the way he called the game, eli should have been picked 9 times, threw it up off his back foot up for grabs every other pass, and was throwing it at the Patriot safeties.

THANK GOD WE WON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO AIKMAN AND BUCK CALL THE GAME TMRW.

whose calling it? collingsworth and michaels? the normal nbc sunday night crew?

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Yes.. I like them a lot better.

Troy is a eli hater and so is Steve young

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 05:06 AM

dude, how stoked are you bout this game. i know me and u are on the same line of thinking bout what transpires tmrw.

got an amazing feeling bout this game and what eli will be able to do. i cannot see how ne will be able to contain our offense. even if we turn the ball over a couple times, which knock on wood, wont happen, the pats will have to play absolutely perfect football and force us into having one of our worst games of the season. knock on wood, cannot see how that happens at all. us playing avg. still beats ne if they're on their game

and i full out expect excellent execution on both sides. i really believe eli is going to have one of the greatest sb performances of all time.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:12 AM

dude, how stoked are you bout this game. i know me and u are on the same line of thinking bout what transpires tmrw.

got an amazing feeling bout this game and what eli will be able to do. i cannot see how ne will be able to contain our offense. even if we turn the ball over a couple times, which knock on wood, wont happen, the pats will have to play absolutely perfect football and force us into having one of our worst games of the season. knock on wood, cannot see how that happens at all. us playing avg. still beats ne if they're on their game

and i full out expect excellent execution on both sides. i really believe eli is going to have one of the greatest sb performances of all time.
Totally stoked which is why I can't sleep right now!!

I think Eli has his BEST GAME as a Pro tomorrow.. One of those immortal games with like over 400 yards passing on 33of40 for 4tds and even runs one in.......lol

The D destroys Brady and the pats and causes several turnovers which we turn to points...

NE gets a late garbage time TD that doesn't matter as our first stringers are already on sidelines celebrating

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:13 AM

I think Eli has his BEST GAME as a Pro tomorrow.. One of those immortal games with like over 400 yards passing on 33of40 for 4tds and even runs one in.......lol

The D destroys Brady and the pats and causes several turnovers which we turn to points...

NE gets a late garbage time TD that doesn't matter as our first stringers are already on sidelines celebrating
Oh... And by the way...check the Sig......
We win by 21
38-17

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:13 AM

Oh... And by the way...check the Sig......
We win by 21
38-17

GMen869007
02-05-2012, 05:41 AM
I'm with you guys that when it comes to the x's and o's, the matchups are enough to make you giddy. I just know Giants football though and think that somehow, someway, it'll still end up coming down to the wire and having me worrying about a potential hospital trip. I just hope they can execute and capitalize and not keep Tom Brady hanging around again.

weeds123
02-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Week 9 isn't a good measuring stick guys. Keep in mind that the Pack beat the Giants during the regular season as well (go ahead, blame the refs...or whatever excuse is most convenient) and the Giants came back and pummeled the Pack's keesters in the playoffs.

Week 9 has doodly-squat to do with THIS game.

Go Giants.

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Week 9 isn't a good measuring stick guys. Keep in mind that the Pack beat the Giants during the regular season as well (go ahead, blame the refs...or whatever excuse is most convenient) and the Giants came back and pummeled the Pack's keesters in the playoffs.

Go Giants.

absolutely incorrect. you brought up the GB game. while we lost in the regular season and wooped on them in the playoffs, the matchups were the same in both cases. meaning, we took advantage of the same things we did in the loss as we did in the win.

the results from the reg. season don't mean anything, your right about that. but its not like NE is fielding a new roster. it is the same players, same matchups. NE will try and mix things up, but it still comes down to the same matchups. Eli and co. vs NE pass defense, and NE OL vs our DL.

we played pretty badly in week 9, and still won. we won the individual matchups frankly, bc we're the better team. yes, NE will try and mix things up, but its still Light vs JPP/Osi, their RT vs Tuck/Kiwi, etc. etc. on the trenches.

Its still Boley/Grant/Kiwi vs Hernadez/Gronk. We are the faster team, more physical team, and more vertical team in passing.

Like I said, NE isn't fielding this brand new roster. We kind of are though bc we'll be getting Nicks and Bradshaw back for this round.

Absolutely LOVE our matchups. We play close to mistake free football, we will dominate them. Book it.

weeds123
02-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Go Giants.

absolutely incorrect. you brought up the GB game. while we lost in the regular season and wooped on them in the playoffs, the matchups were the same in both cases. meaning, we took advantage of the same things we did in the loss as we did in the win.

the results from the reg. season don't mean anything, your right about that. but its not like NE is fielding a new roster. it is the same players, same matchups. NE will try and mix things up, but it still comes down to the same matchups. Eli and co. vs NE pass defense, and NE OL vs our DL.

we played pretty badly in week 9, and still won. we won the individual matchups frankly, bc we're the better team. yes, NE will try and mix things up, but its still Light vs JPP/Osi, their RT vs Tuck/Kiwi, etc. etc. on the trenches.

Its still Boley/Grant/Kiwi vs Hernadez/Gronk. We are the faster team, more physical team, and more vertical team in passing.

Like I said, NE isn't fielding this brand new roster. We kind of are though bc we'll be getting Nicks and Bradshaw back for this round.

Absolutely LOVE our matchups. We play close to mistake free football, we will dominate them. Book it.

Just sayin' ... you're entitled to attack it from a 20-20 hindsight thing if you like, but, week 9 is history. As you said though, if the Giants play mistake free football ... but that's true every week. Now...if your guys get the dropsies and the Pats scrape the ball out as the Giants did to the Pack ...(the fumbles were uncharacteristic of the Pack and I can assure you that the Giants weren't the first to be slapping at the ball) ... then, week 9 and the match-ups you like so much are something of a moot point. Funny things happen with the greased oblong ball the NFL uses.

Go Giants.

Shutupnplay
02-05-2012, 11:42 AM

yes boley and osi both played but we were w/o prince and some depth db's.

also, i find it flat wrong when people say "oh aikmans a fair analyst" or whatever. watch that week 9 game and listen to aikman. by the way he called the game, eli should have been picked 9 times, threw it up off his back foot up for grabs every other pass, and was throwing it at the Patriot safeties.

THANK GOD WE WON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO AIKMAN AND BUCK CALL THE GAME TMRW.

whose calling it? collingsworth and michaels? the normal nbc sunday night crew?THANK GOD we dont have to listen to Buck and Aikman!!! And yes Collingsworth and Michaels are calling the game

jppmvp90
02-05-2012, 11:48 AM
beaty played lt and diehl still at guard. big deal there

miked1958
02-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Giantsfan420 are u back on yet? Did u ever get any sleep?

brad
02-05-2012, 11:55 AM

Both of these teams are very different than they were in week 9... I would not expect this game to be anything like the first. That being said, we have to credit the NE D for some of the Giants lapses on offense just as we have to realize that NE will come out with a different game plan on offense, especially since the Giants D is much better right now than in week 9.

I don't see NE being able to match up well against the Giants on either side of the ball, but I do expect that BB will make adjustments that only he could think of. For the Giants the key to this game is being patient and take advantage when the opportunities show themselves. They don't need to take huge risks, they just need to play their game, and disrupt the Pats offense.

Voldamort
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
wee wee yes we did,but not today the Giants will play like Champions!!!!

Simmsy
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM

Go Giants.
Nice to finally see some common sense. If the Giants play the same game they played week 9, they lose. They were outgained 438-361. There were tons of mistakes in that game by both teams. The Patriots committed 4 turnovers which, quite honestly, I wouldn't count on happening today. The Giants committed 2 turnovers, and I wouldn't count on those either. The Giants are playing way better now than they were back then, but so are the Patriots.

I just don't understand why fans of either team can't acknowledge that the last 3 times these teams played were incredibly close games that came down to the wire, 2 of which were decided inside the final minute. They were all games that really could have gone the other way if you change up a play or two. Chances are, that's what we're in for this evening.