PDA

View Full Version : Lots of fans from other teams are nervous and don't have a team

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:25 AM
In the game......they think it's going to be a Sick game...

Lots of falcons, Dallas, Saints, jags, Tampa, and dolphin fans down here where I live on the gulf coast

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Some even said they are glad their teams not in it.. Cause lots of things can go wrong in a game with this much pressure which is why u have lots of blowouts..(last bunch of SBs went to wire)

They said they couldn't live with the chance of being a SB loser so it's better they are not there???

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:29 AM
What kind of fans our those? To afraid to lose

I said don't worry the giants are not scared and will do enough butt kicking for all you're teams

weeds123
02-05-2012, 08:11 AM

I said don't worry the giants are not scared and will do enough butt kicking for all you're teams

--The same fans who have to be ENCOURAGED by the local newspaper to show up early enough to be in their seats by kickoff and make enough noise in their dome to rival the decibels created by a jet taking off. (Atlanta)

--The same fans who think their team is better if they have prettier girls as cheerleaders or in the stands. They also believe that it's ok to not support the team if they're not winning because there is sooooo much more to do here (Tampa) than (fill in your city's name here).

I know exactly what you're saying. When the Giants beat the Pack in 2008 to go to the Super Bowl against the Pats ... the better team won - I doubt the Pack would have beat the Pats that year for the same reason the Pack couldn't repeat this year -- poor defense (and a turnover machine at QB in '08). That's not to say I wouldn't have liked the Pack to have a kick at the proverbial cat that year.

Would I like the Pack to be where the Giants are right now? You bet I would. Do I think the Pack would have a puncher's chance to win it all if they had taken care of business against the Giants? You bet I do. Their play against the Giants 4 weeks ago wouldn't have been sufficient to beat the Rams much less a hot team like the Giants.

Last year, leading up to the Packers/Falcons game, I was shooting the bull 'off-line' with a writer from the Journal-Constitution who used to cover the Pack at the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal. His observation was that the fans in Atlanta weren't <u>used</u> to winning and didn't know how to respond. Frankly, that is the type of fan you're dealing with in the scenario you present ... they're called bandwagon jumpers.

Good luck today, Mike. Hope your guys pull one out for you.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 10:55 AM

--The same fans who have to be ENCOURAGED by the local newspaper to show up early enough to be in their seats by kickoff and make enough noise in their dome to rival the decibels created by a jet taking off. (Atlanta)

--The same fans who think their team is better if they have prettier girls as cheerleaders or in the stands. They also believe that it's ok to not support the team if* they're not winning because there is sooooo much more to do here (Tampa) than (fill in your city's name here).

I know exactly what you're saying. When the Giants beat the Pack in 2008 to go to the Super Bowl against the Pats ... the better team won - I doubt the Pack would have beat the Pats that year for the same reason the Pack couldn't repeat this year -- poor defense (and a turnover machine at QB in '08). That's not to say I wouldn't have liked the Pack to have a kick at the proverbial cat that year.

Would I like the Pack to be where the Giants are right now? You bet I would. Do I think the Pack would have a puncher's chance to win it all if they had taken care of business against the Giants? You bet I do. Their play against the Giants 4 weeks ago wouldn't have been sufficient to beat the Rams much less a hot team like the Giants.

Last year, leading up to the Packers/Falcons game, I was shooting the bull 'off-line' with a writer from the Journal-Constitution who used to cover the Pack at the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal. His observation was that the fans in Atlanta weren't <u>used</u> to winning and didn't know how to respond. Frankly, that is the type of fan you're dealing with in the scenario you present ... they're called bandwagon jumpers.

thanks for well wishes first off.. I know we all rooted hard for u last year vs Steelers..
Excellent Post!!! I agree. Jags and falcons fans should nt be scared as they never really get there, so u would think they would want a shot at a Title even though it's 50/50 u are the SB loser.

Tampa has been there a little more often but the fans there are more or less fairweather fans like u said and only jump on when the teams winning.

Dolphins and cowboys both have rich history of SB wins and losses... Yet quite a few losses between the two... ( without looking it up I'd say those teams combined walked away losers 6 times maybe, at 3 each) so the know how it feels to be the one walking away on losing end.

Plus we give the cowboys and romo fans such a hard time around here, they really don't feel deep down he can get it done... If he made it there and laid a huge egg tney could never live it down so they are comfortable almost getting there. Dolphin fans know they can never ever match 17-0 so why try

swimeasy
02-05-2012, 11:23 AM

--The same fans who think their team is better if they have prettier girls as cheerleaders or in the stands. They also believe that it's ok to not support the team if they're not winning because there is sooooo much more to do here (Tampa) than (fill in your city's name here).

Well said weeds. I think there are many similarities between the Giants and Packers fanbases. Seats are filled and fans are into the games regardless of record. Still amazes me that Giants stadium was sold out with a long waiting list during the long drought before 86. As you know, it makes the wins that much sweeter.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 11:54 AM

--The same fans who think their team is better if they have prettier girls as cheerleaders or in the stands. They also believe that it's ok to not support the team if* they're not winning because there is sooooo much more to do here (Tampa) than (fill in your city's name here).

Well said weeds. I think there are many similarities between the Giants and Packers fanbases. Seats are filled and fans are into the games regardless of record. Still amazes me that Giants stadium was sold out with a long waiting list during the long drought before 86. As you know, it makes the wins that much sweeter.

I remember going to a sold out Yale Bowl to watch the Giants (we had season tickets for the whole time they were there, 2 seasons) that stunk so bad during that time... They were horrible yet we all showed up each Home game had fun and hoped the following week after a blowout loss things would be different.. Remember sitting through the whole blowout loss to the Vikings in a freaking Blizzard at the Bowl and my dad refused to leave early just in case the Giants did something good he wanted to be there to see it... Thats how we were
Packers fans are exactly the same.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I think we won 1 game total in Yale Bowl over Cards that first year.. Overall went 2-11-1 in 73 and 2-12 in 74.. Yet it sold out....

First game there was vs Your GB Packers Weeds, and we played them tooth and nail and remember The Pack driving the Ball down toward the endzone we were sitting in.. And yep just like all the giants fans at that time knew they would find a way to lose, the Packers kicked a FG as time expired right at us (ball went right over my head) to end game 16-14 Packers.. I still loved every minute of it even though I went home crying. Lol
I think the GB kicker back then was Chester Marcol

Giants QB the infamous Norm Snead.....

weeds123
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I think we won 1 game total in Yale Bowl over Cards that first year.. Overall went 2-11-1 in 73 and 2-12 in 74.. Yet it sold out....

First game there was vs Your GB Packers Weeds, and we played them tooth and nail and remember The Pack driving the Ball down toward the endzone we were sitting in.. And yep just like all the giants fans at that time knew they would find a way to lose, the Packers kicked a FG as time expired right at us (ball went right over my head) to end game 16-14 Packers.. I still loved every minute of it even though I went home crying. Lol

Ah yes, Chester Marcol ... hell of a kicker but was something of a head case. I believe he tried killing himself by swallowing Drano...was also an alcoholic at the time, but is clean now. Ran into him at an autograph session a decade ago...helluva good guy.

The '73 Packers were supposed to be something special. Won the Central in '72 with a guy named John Brockington at FB and McArthur Lane at HB ... back then, a fullback was actually a running back... you know Larry Csonka et al ... problem was that the Packers had a guy named Scott Hunter at QB who had to really WIND UP to throw a screen. It was sad watching NFL teams run 5 and 6 down defensive linemen because Hunter was a puss-arm.

Still, I don't remember Norm Snead being that bad to be infamous...what's the story on him?

GameTime
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Some even said they are glad their teams not in it.. Cause lots of things can go wrong in a game with this much pressure which is why u have lots of blowouts..(last bunch of SBs went to wire) They said they couldn't live with the chance of being a SB loser so it's better they are not there???</P>

thats crazy....you cant win the SB if you're not in it...obvioulsy. I would take an SB loss over never getting there any day. </P>

Got to be in to win it........</P>

bleeding blue
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
In the game......they think it's going to be a Sick game...

Lots of falcons, Dallas, Saints, jags, Tampa, and dolphin fans down here where I live on the gulf coast
Jags fans exist??

miked1958
02-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Some even said they are glad their teams not in it.. Ca
use lots of things can go wrong in a game with this much pressure which is why u have lots of blowouts..(last bunch of SBs went to wire) They said they couldn't live with the chance of being a SB loser so it's better they are not there???</P>

thats crazy....you cant win the SB if you're not in it...obvioulsy. I would take an SB loss over never getting there any day. </P>

Got to be in to win it........</P>
Correct.. That's what I told them.. Cap hands of winning it should out weigh walking away as a loser

miked1958
02-05-2012, 12:45 PM

Ah yes, Chester Marcol ... hell of a kicker but was something of a head case. I believe he tried killing himself by swallowing Drano...was also an alcoholic at the time, but is clean now. Ran into him at an autograph session a decade ago...helluva good guy.

The '73 Packers were supposed to be something special. Won the Central in '72 with a guy named John Brockington at FB and McArthur Lane at HB ... back then, a fullback was actually a running back... you know Larry Csonka et al ... problem was that the Packers had a guy named Scott Hunter at QB who had to really WIND UP to throw a screen. It was sad watching NFL teams run 5 and 6 down defensive linemen because Hunter was a puss-arm.

Still, I don't remember Norm Snead being that bad to be infamous...what's the story on him?

Wow Brockington and Lane.... Awesome players.. Both in HOF right?

Snead is the QB responsible for "THE FUMBLE". Where in a game vs the Eagles all he had to do was kneel down for the Win to run out the clock.. He instead handed to Csonka and sort of bumped into him and the ball was fumbled and scooped up by none other the Herman Edwards and taken to the House for the winning TD..... Lol horrible memory for Gmen fans and I think it happened in 72 and still hurts to this day

weeds123
02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Neither Brockington or McLane are in the Hall of Fame...Brockington sure looked like he was headed there after his first three years...as is frequently the case, popped a knee and was never the same.

Regarding Norm Snead...that was HIM??? I know what you're talking about now...I can see where that stick in your craw... we've still got the Jerry Rice fumble that wasn't called and led to Terrell Owens' "Catch II" ... after the '98 season. Oh yeah...I know what you're talking about now.

gfan555
02-05-2012, 03:04 PM
The fumble was authored by Joe Pisarcik. I saw it on TV.

Giantfan88
02-05-2012, 03:09 PM
My dad passed this past august. He had been a fan his whole life and the reason me and my kids bleed BLUE. Took my son and daughter to our first game (we are from rochester ny)met life and watched a thrilling win over the bills

The giants have a 12th man this year cheering from above..... I saybthey can't loose.

Rip T.A.C.

TroyArcher
02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Anyon who thinks that way is crazy. No doubt your team losing the SuperBowl su/cks but man when they win it is unbelievable feeling. I would take my chance every year.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
The fumble was authored by Joe Pisarcik. I saw it on TV.
That's right.!!! Don't know what I was thinking.... Long two week layoff and no sleep I guess getting to me. WOW

miked1958
02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
My dad passed this past august. He had been a fan his whole life and the reason me and my kids bleed BLUE. Took my son and daughter to our first game (we are from rochester ny)met life and watched a thrilling win over the bills

The giants have a 12th man this year cheering from above..... I saybthey can't loose.

Rip T.A.C.
Mine passed away day before NFCCG in 07.. Really think it was him pulling some strings from heaven

miked1958
02-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Wow Brockington and Lane.... Awesome players.. Both in HOF right?

Snead is the QB responsible for "THE FUMBLE". Where in a game vs the Eagles all he had to do was kneel down for the Win to run out the clock.. He instead handed to Csonka and sort of bumped into him and the ball was fumbled and scooped up by none other the Herman Edwards and taken to the House for the winning TD..... Lol horrible memory for Gmen fans and I think it happened in 72 and still hurts to this day
I was wrong and apologize to all my giants friends on TAGF. Guess the long layoff effected my thinking. Lol. Well I told u us giants fans try and block that moment out. But it was Joe Piscarek.. Not Snead.. Anyway Snead pretty much stunk to..

Remember the 98 play u are talking about. Packers got robbed