PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, Wait..Parcells got snubbed?!

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Are the voters (media guys) really that lame they're still holding onto some grudge about how Parcells treated them so long ago?

Guy is DEFINITELY A FIRST BALLOT HOF and he DOESN'T get in?

WTF? Yeah, with everything he's done, INCLUDING two of his students PLAYING IN THE ****ING SB tmrw, I am baffled and pissed off.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Doesn't make sense at all

foosball
02-05-2012, 04:42 AM
It really hurt him that he didn't win some playoff games in Dallas. I do think in the end, he'll get in.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:43 AM
I saw that SB show he made where he talked about the 3 SBs he coached in and what was done for prep and moving hotels... Crazy the insight he gave.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Didn't realiZe or don't recall the story on how all his friends and gf were ice skating in 1948 while he said in car and listened to the whole giants colts championship game and was so so upset when they lost in 0T.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:47 AM
Little did he know that he would bring the very first SB to NY 38 years later!!!

And a 2nd one 4 years after that for his beloved team as its HC

miked1958
02-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Little did he know that he would bring the very first SB to NY 38 years later!!!

And a 2nd one 4 years after that for his beloved team as its HC
Then he goes and bring s the hated pats to SB and coaches the much more hated rival cowboys

Go figure.. But I guess its a business

Harooni
02-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Are the voters (media guys) really that lame they're still holding onto some grudge about how Parcells treated them so long ago?

WTF? Yeah, with everything he's done, INCLUDING two of his students PLAYING IN THE ****ING SB tmrw, I am baffled and pissed off.
agreed. great injustice.

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 05:02 AM

agreed.* great injustice.

it really is. its sickening bc you know the sports writers that people like a parcells pissed off held a grudge and couldnt wait to dog him when it came time to vote him in the HOF. happens in baseball too.

they should absolutely find a no measure to vote people in, relying on sports writers and media jerkoffs is way to skewed and personal and not focused on the merit of actual skill and wins.

and miked, i knew u'd be up too tonight. glad i got some one to shoot the **** with. i may try passing out in a few but i doubt i'll be able to.

Harooni
02-05-2012, 05:03 AM

agreed. great injustice.

it really is. its sickening bc you know the sports writers that people like a parcells pissed off held a grudge and couldnt wait to dog him when it came time to vote him in the HOF. happens in baseball too.

they should absolutely find a no measure to vote people in, relying on sports writers and media jerkoffs is way to skewed and personal and not focused on the merit of actual skill and wins.

and miked, i knew u'd be up too tonight. glad i got some one to shoot the **** with. i may try passing out in a few but i doubt i'll be able to.
its pretty much a bunch of BS and i thought at times the media liked his toying with them.

if he isnt HOF then what coach is???

giantsfan420
02-05-2012, 05:09 AM

its pretty much a bunch of BS and i thought at times the media liked his toying with them.

i have absolutely no idea.complete bs.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:14 AM

i have absolutely no idea.complete bs.Agreed

miked1958
02-05-2012, 05:15 AM

Yep been up pretty much on and off every night thinking about this game

BlueSanta
02-05-2012, 05:50 AM
It is because of his performance with the Dolphins as well as the way he has a bad habbit of leaving teams and burning that bridge.

I know, people will respond " He wasnt a coach in Miami and he was up as a coach only." But, the people in Miami and south Florida feel differently. Even the players in Miami said the Parcells was in charge both on and off the field. I know that organization felt spurned by Parcells and they should have. He left them in a very bad situation. When you think about it, he departed several organizations in anger or dispute.

My bet is some of them decided to hold it against him.

DragonSoul
02-05-2012, 06:49 AM
If it is based on the media/reporters because of hurt feelings then those SOBS shouldn't have the privilege on voting people into the HOF.

Just Childish and immature tbh.

Firenugget
02-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I think people are reaching a bit with the reasoning behind it. One reason that I heard on the radio that does make some sense is that there seems to be a feeling that he may not be completely done yet. That a team may offer him a FO position in some capacity before it's all said and done.

I don't think his performance has anything to do with not getting in this year.

buffyblue
02-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I think his habit of leaving teams swinging in the breeze when things donít go his way is what will keep him out of the Hall of Fame .

yatitle
02-05-2012, 10:34 AM
It really hurt him that he didn't win some playoff games in Dallas.* I do think in the end, he'll get in.

Gotta believe it hurt him that he didn't win a playoff game with BB.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 12:00 PM

DUDE, where you at.... You up yet?
Did u sleep?

blueomaha
02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
just another slap in the face of the NYG franchise...BP will get his do...just keep winning championships, NYG.......stay blue.....

Voldamort
02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
He should have never left the New York Football Giants!!!

Big Blue 418
02-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I think he deserves a 2 year wait as a penalty for joining the Cowboys . He will get in after he serves his punishment

Simmsy
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM

I agree. The media loved the way Parcells behaved. He was entertaining, even when insulting them, and they eat that up.

ny06
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Parcells will get in, this was just not his time. </P>

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/471/503/278814_display_image.jpg?1288219721</P>

BlueSanta
02-05-2012, 12:45 PM
If it is based on the media/reporters because of hurt feelings then those SOBS shouldn't have the privilege on voting people into the HOF.

Just Childish and immature tbh.

While true. Its not just about childish vendettas. Many members of the media, particularly here in Florida and throughout the south have complained that he used a loophole to even get on the ballot. I love me some Parcells, and think he deserves to get in without a doubt, and he will get in.

BUT, they do have a point.

As we all know there is a 5 year waiting period before being put on the ballot. He is trying to get in as a coach claiming that his last coaching job was with the Cowboys in 2006-2007. However, everyone acknowledges that he had complete control in Miami, including some playcalling and all player personel decisions from the roster spots down to the active players for games. In essence, many members of the media felt he was the coach in sheeps clothing, which he was and therefor shouldnt have even been on the ballot yet. I happen to agree. I think had he not tried to get around the rules, he would have been a 1st ballot entry, easily.

Giantsin04
02-05-2012, 01:32 PM
It is because of his performance with the Dolphins as well as the way he has a bad habbit of leaving teams and burning that bridge.

I know, people will respond " He wasnt a coach in Miami and he was up as a coach only." But, the people in Miami and south Florida feel differently. Even the players in Miami said the Parcells was in charge both on and off the field. I know that organization felt spurned by Parcells and they should have. He left them in a very bad situation. When you think about it, he departed several organizations in anger or dispute.

</P>

</P>

He joined a 1-15 Dolphin team and in one year, had them 11-5 and in the playoffs. He provided a blueprint for success in Miami. Worst team in the league to contenders in one year. Wtf else do Dolphin fans want.</P>

</P>

</P>

michaelkhan3
02-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I think people are reaching a bit with the reasoning behind it. One reason that I heard on the radio that does make some sense is that there seems to be a feeling that he may not be completely done yet. That a team may offer him a FO position in some capacity before it's all said and done.

By that reasoning Bret Favre should never go in to the hall of fame

Giantsin04
02-05-2012, 01:39 PM

</P>

</P>

Joe Gibbs coached after he was a Hall of Famer. No one said a word.</P>

TroyArcher
02-05-2012, 02:33 PM
He is getting the Ted Williams - Jim Rice treatment. Parcells was a great coach but a jerk alot of the time. Payback is a bit/ch. I am fairly certain he will be voted in next time.

simms56
02-05-2012, 03:34 PM
If there is a football Hall of Fame without Parcells in it, then it is simply not a Hall of Fame. In my opinion he is the best overall football mind ever, even though he worked for 3 of the 4 holiest of hated teams. Every team he went to was flat out awful and he turned every one of them around. Even today's game stands as a testament to Parcell's greatness.

mrg3
02-05-2012, 03:46 PM
He will get in, Look at Harry getting screwed all those years, Typical NY Bias. Though I did hate when he went to The Boys

BlueSanta
02-05-2012, 04:02 PM

</p>

</p>

He joined a 1-15 Dolphin team and in one year, had them 11-5 and in the playoffs. He provided a blueprint for success in Miami. Worst team in the league to contenders in one year. Wtf else do Dolphin fans want.</p>

</p>

Chad Henne and Pat White were slated to share time as the starting QB going into the 2008 season. By pure luck the Jets traded for favre and released Pennington for the Fins to sign the day before the season started. That wasthe main reason why that team excelled that year and it wasnt Parcells doing , it was pure luck.
</p>

</p>

Everything Parcells did to that franchise after 2008 was bad. He failed to address the QB problem. In 2010 he reportedly spent less than 1 week in the facility the entire year. The guy he brought in to be the Gm has not done very well. The guy he left as a head coach was awefull. He failed to address several key positions Finally, in 2011 Parcells severed ties with the Fins 1 month prior to the draft, which had people in the organization fuming.
</p>

</p>

</p>

I am not saying he was right or wrong, but Parcells left the Cowboys amid a dispute with Jerry Jones..</p>

He jilted the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by agreeing tin principle to be the coach, then at the last moment walking away. That organization was not happy.
</p>

He left the Patriots amid a very public dispute with Robert Craft.</p>

People forget that Parcells tried to leave the Giants after the 1986 Superbowl because the Falcons offered him a coach/GM job. Paul Tagliabue, the then commmisoner had to step refuse the deal because Parcells was already under contract with the Giants. It was also widly reported(but never proven) that Parcells contacted the Giants wanting the GM job but was refused in favor of Reese. Bill claims this was untrue.
</p>

</p>

So when you look at his career, as great as it was, he scorched earth everywhere he went. teams, fans and the media all had it in for him.
</p>

</p>

On top of the general consensus that he WAS the coach of the fins up until at least 2010, many down here and likely around the league, felt he should not get in YET( he will get in though.)
</p>

I am not saying I agree with the choice, but I do understand them. I do think the people who decide who is eligible and who is not made a mistake. BP should have been on the Ballot in 2015, and if he were, I think he would have been 1st Ballot.
</p>

</p>

</p>

yatitle
02-05-2012, 04:56 PM
If there is a football Hall of Fame without Parcells in it, then it is simply not a Hall of Fame. In my opinion he is the best overall football mind ever, even though he worked for 3 of the 4 holiest of hated teams. Every team he went to was flat out awful and he turned every one of them around. Even today's game stands as a testament to Parcell's greatness.

Yikes someone took too many hyperbole pills today. Yep lets forget Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Walsh, Gibbs. Noll, Halas to name a few. Forget Amos Alonso Stagg didn't the Tuna invent football?