PDA

View Full Version : Belichick just lost the game by cutting Underwood.

NYBlue10
02-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Just when the spygate thing was about to fade away in people's minds, he reminded us again of how class-less he really is by cutting Underwood the night before the game.

People were making such a big deal out of Giants trash-talking during the week, as if it'd affect the game in any way, the whole notion is just asinine as Giants d-line is known for their trash talking during the game, that didn't stop them from winning at all.

But this move by Belichick will affect how Patriots would play, back in their minds they are saying to themselves that "So we are just tools you can just use and throw away huh." , even though they have enough motivation to play for themselves, losing the motivation to win the game for their own head coach will make a difference.

It also says that Belichick is VERY nervous about the game, it's almost as if he knows his team isn't good enough and resorting to his last bag of tricks.

Giants fans, we got this.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Just when the spygate thing was about to fade away in people's minds, he reminded us again of how class-less he really is by cutting Underwood the night before the game.

People were making such a big deal out of Giants trash-talking during the week, as if it'd affect the game in any way, the whole notion is just asinine as Giants d-line is known for their trash talking during the game, that didn't stop them from winning at all.

But this move by Belichick will affect how Patriots would play, back in their minds they are saying to themselves that "So we are just tools you can just use and throw away huh." , even though they have enough motivation to play for themselves, losing the motivation to win the game for their own head coach will make a difference.

It also says that Belichick is VERY nervous about the game, it's almost as if he knows his team isn't good enough and resorting to his last bag of tricks.

Giants fans, we got this.
Agreed

davecrazy
02-05-2012, 06:53 AM
While it sucks for the kid, I doubt anybody on the Pats is losing sleep about a scrub WR who wasn't even going to dress for the game.

titwio
02-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I heard he flew in family and friends into Indy and got this little doozy done for the Super Bowl....
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/Tiquan-Underwood-in-happier-days.jpg
I feel bad for the guy.

bLuereverie
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Underwood deserves to get cut just for his pirate fish logo hair cut alone. It resemes their rivals' logo, the Dolphins, more.

ttundraman
02-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Belicheat demands loyalty from his players and then Stabs Underwood in the back the night before the SB, must be "the patriot way" being a total ******!!

GameTime
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Just when the spygate thing was about to fade away in people's minds, he reminded us again of how class-less he really is by cutting Underwood the night before the game. People were making such a big deal out of Giants trash-talking during the week, as if it'd affect the game in any way, the whole notion is just asinine as Giants d-line is known for their trash talking during the game, that didn't stop them from winning at all. But this move by Belichick will affect how Patriots would play, back in their minds they are saying to themselves that "So we are just tools you can just use and throw away huh." , even though they have enough motivation to play for themselves, losing the motivation to win the game for their own head coach will make a difference. It also says that Belichick is VERY nervous about the game, it's almost as if he knows his team isn't good enough and resorting to his last bag of tricks. Giants fans, we got this.</P>

you are thinking way too much....</P>

much like trash talking it really has no bearing on the game at all...</P>

</P>

Firenugget
02-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Just when the spygate thing was about to fade away in people's minds, he reminded us again of how class-less he really is by cutting Underwood the night before the game. People were making such a big deal out of Giants trash-talking during the week, as if it'd affect the game in any way, the whole notion is just asinine as Giants d-line is known for their trash talking during the game, that didn't stop them from winning at all. But this move by Belichick will affect how Patriots would play, back in their minds they are saying to themselves that "So we are just tools you can just use and throw away huh." , even though they have enough motivation to play for themselves, losing the motivation to win the game for their own head coach will make a difference. It also says that Belichick is VERY nervous about the game, it's almost as if he knows his team isn't good enough and resorting to his last bag of tricks. Giants fans, we got this.</p>

you are thinking way too much....</p>

much like trash talking it really has no bearing on the game at all...</p>

</p>

Yeah I don't see it having an effect on the outcome either. However, definitely a crappy move.

G-Man67
02-05-2012, 11:56 AM
i can't totally kill him for this ... if they determined that another DE would help keep their players fresher and if that DE can play Gronk's ST role ... i mean, what can you do

but hey, get the kid a ticket and an ALL IN towel

Simmsy
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
While it sucks for the kid, I doubt anybody on the Pats is losing sleep about a scrub WR who wasn't even going to dress for the game.
+1. Not to mention the fact that I'm sure it was a decision made much earlier in the week, and Underwood was probably informed, but the Patriots did what they always do: they made the move official on Saturday so that he couldn't be picked up by anyone else.

What were they supposed to do? Cut him earlier in the week, which would allow the Giants to claim him?

Mod_N
02-05-2012, 01:15 PM
i can't totally kill him for this ... if they determined that another DE would help keep their players fresher and if that DE can play Gronk's ST role ... i mean, what can you do

but hey, get the kid a ticket and an ALL IN towelI really don't mind the move if they definitely weren't going to play Underwood, no difference than being inactive.

Firenugget
02-05-2012, 01:20 PM

but hey, get the kid a ticket and an ALL IN towelI really don't mind the move if they definitely weren't going to play Underwood, no difference than being inactive.</p>

</p>

Kind of is a difference I think. If you're not active at least you are still part of the team. This guy just got completely hosed. I mean how would you feel after flying your family out, etc..to having to tell them you're not good enough to sit on the bench for the SB and now completely unemployed.</p>

I understand needs etc, I just can't fathom how cold hearted you have to be to actually do that to someone. If I was him I'd be front row in the stands behind the Pats bench in a Giants jersey and an All In towel and a big NY cut into my kid n play lol.
</p>

keyofgmen
02-05-2012, 01:22 PM
All this means is that "Gronk" is not healthy enough to play ST. He likely is hurting more than they lead everyone to believe. They knew it , but waited to last minute to make the move.

Gianthunter
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM

but hey, get the kid a ticket and an ALL IN towelI really don't mind the move if they definitely weren't going to play Underwood, no difference than being inactive.</P>

</P>

Kind of is a difference I think. If you're not active at least you are still part of the team. This guy just got completely hosed. I mean how would you feel after flying your family out, etc..to having to tell them you're not good enough to sit on the bench for the SB and now completely unemployed.</P>

I understand needs etc, I just can't fathom how cold hearted you have to be to actually do that to someone. If I was him I'd be front row in the stands behind the Pats bench in a Giants jersey and an All In towel and a big NY cut into my kid n play lol.
</P>He gets superbowl pay. Plus a ring if they win. They have been moving this kid on and off the PS all season.

Simmsy
02-05-2012, 01:28 PM

but hey, get the kid a ticket and an ALL IN towelI really don't mind the move if they definitely weren't going to play Underwood, no difference than being inactive.</p>

</p>

Kind of is a difference I think. If you're not active at least you are still part of the team. This guy just got completely hosed. I mean how would you feel after flying your family out, etc..to having to tell them you're not good enough to sit on the bench for the SB and now completely unemployed.</p>

</p>So in other words, you'd act like a jilted lover? Got'cha. There was a player on the practice squad that Belichick apparently wants to play this evening. That means you have to cut a guy from the 53 man roster. They waited until Saturday so the Giants couldn't claim him. Surely you don't think it was stupid to wait until Saturday, do you?

What makes you so sure he brought his family in and everything? Like I said in a prior post, he probably knew about this earlier in the week and even if he didn't know he was getting cut, he certainly knew he was a VERY long shot at actually dressing.

Firenugget
02-05-2012, 01:40 PM

</p>

</p>So in other words, you'd act like a jilted lover? Got'cha. There was a player on the practice squad that Belichick apparently wants to play this evening. That means you have to cut a guy from the 53 man roster. They waited until Saturday so the Giants couldn't claim him. Surely you don't think it was stupid to wait until Saturday, do you?

What makes you so sure he brought his family in and everything? Like I said in a prior post, he probably knew about this earlier in the week and even if he didn't know he was getting cut, he certainly knew he was a VERY long shot at actually dressing.

Ahh here's one of the heartless ones now. It's all good though. He's got the Underwood curse to deal with now. Works for me.

TroyArcher
02-05-2012, 03:38 PM
</P>

</P>

I agree that he is a non-factor on the field but unless he did something that has not yet been reported it is a classless move. </P>

Mod_N
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM

</p>

</p>He's still going to be on the sideline... Someone said he was going to be signed to the practice squad. They're not sending him home... are they?