PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I think...

RoanokeFan
02-05-2012, 12:04 PM
PATRIOTS RUTHLESSLY CUT TIQUAN UNDERWOOD DAY BEFORE SUPER BOWL (http://gmenhq.com/2012/02/05/patriots-ruthlessly-cut-tiquan-underwood-day-before-super-bowl/)

When I first read this story it didn't make sense to me. To what end would they cut a player the night before the Siper Bowl. YES, he's not a playmaker, still they've knew that all season. They replaced him with a DE off the practice squad so they feel they're flush with their receivers. Still, it's hard to fathom.

UNLESS, as is often the case in games of chicken and chess, someone just blinked. And that someone is Bill Belichick. The calculating, ever prepared, never telegraphing his punches head coach of the Patriots. He's now worried about his defense in the face of a much better GIANTS' offense than they faced in November.

I think Bill may have just lost the game. CHECK MATE!

FBomb
02-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree!

RoanokeFan
02-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I agree!

It has to be right then [;)]

scoopscj
02-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I agree!

Please for the love of everything ... be right!

Scoops

PS: Not even noon yet. Time.. Y U NO GO FASTER?

fletch842
02-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I agree!

It has to be right then* [;)]

Scoops

PS: Not even noon yet.* Time.. Y U NO GO FASTER?

If it smells like a rose, call it a rose, if it smells like ...

All In baby, GO BIG BLUE !!!!!

chasjay
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
We may be thinking similar things - the below is what I just posted on another thread

Belichick knows that the Giants will have to spend some amount of time
reviewing this personnel move. It may not be much time, but it will be
some amount of time taken away from other factors of their focus. Sounds
like a move by a man who knows he needs to pick up any and every
advantage he can, no matter how piddling it might be. Underwood has to
feel dumped on - and he was.

Denaliman316
Good post.

You can look at it two ways, one they think Gronk will be effective enough and therefore they cut him. Doubtful in my opinion.

Two they still haven't worked out their secondary problems so they will change to a more Blitz oriented gameplan on defense with the DE. This is where Hynoski will come in handy and a healthy Bradshaw for Blocking and the screen game.

RoanokeFan
I agree!

Scoops

If it smells like a rose, call it a rose, if it smells like ...

All In baby, GO BIG BLUE !!!!!

[Y]

RoanokeFan
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Good post.

You can look at it two ways, one they think Gronk will be effective enough and therefore they cut him. Doubtful in my opinion.

Two they still haven't worked out their secondary problems so they will change to a more Blitz oriented gameplan on defense with the DE. This is where Hynoski will come in handy and a healthy Bradshaw for Blocking and the screen game.

They KNOW their defense is woefully deficient against Eli and the Big Three, it seems to me. I posted this yesterday but it bears repeating. Pat Kirwan on SIRIUS suggested the Patriots would suffer the most from a no huddle scheme by the GIANTS offense since they do not have any quality depth on their D Line.

We always practice "stuff" we don't use during the regular season, saving it for special games/circumstances. If we've been practicing the no huddle, and I suspect we have, what better time to put the Patriots behind the "no depth" eight ball?

Rivera(S)
02-05-2012, 12:21 PM
This also will consume the media and have them forget about the giants "talking" and website malfunctions. Thanks Mr. B!

miked1958
02-05-2012, 12:22 PM
PATRIOTS RUTHLESSLY CUT TIQUAN UNDERWOOD DAY BEFORE SUPER BOWL (http://gmenhq.com/2012/02/05/patriots-ruthlessly-cut-tiquan-underwood-day-before-super-bowl/)

When I first read this story it didn't make sense to me.* To what end would they cut a player the night before the Siper Bowl.* YES, he's not a playmaker, still they've knew that all season.* They replaced him with a DE off the practice squad so they feel they're flush with their receivers.* Still, it's hard to fathom.

UNLESS, as is often the case in games of chicken and chess, someone just blinked.* And that someone is Bill Belichick.* The calculating, ever prepared, never telegraphing his punches head coach of the Patriots.** He's now worried about his defense in the face of a much better GIANTS' offense than they faced in November.

I think Bill may have just lost the game.* CHECK MATE!

Agreed

zimonami
02-05-2012, 12:23 PM
I agree!

It has to be right then* [;)]

Scoops

PS: Not even noon yet.* Time.. Y U NO GO FASTER?

Agree. But, I think OCHO has a bigger role in this game, so Bill thought Underwood was dead wood. Plus, Bill is going to take a page from the Giants and rotate his D Line more, to keep them fresher. I'm sure he was stung in our last SB encounter when Alford crushed TB. A Rook making such a play?? Yeah, a fresh Rook.
I will be extremely pleased if the coaches allow Eli to go Hurry Up on occasion, and catch the Pats defense napping.

RoanokeFan
02-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree!

Scoops

Agree. But, I think OCHO has a bigger role in this game, so Bill thought Underwood was dead wood. Plus, Bill is going to take a page from the Giants and rotate his D Line more, to keep them fresher. I'm sure he was stung in our last SB encounter when Alford crushed TB. A Rook making such a play?? Yeah, a fresh Rook.
I will be extremely pleased if the coaches allow Eli to go Hurry Up on occasion, and catch the Pats defense napping.

Ocho was available without cutting a player who they could have deactivated for the game. BB is uncharacteristically worried about his defense's ability to contain our offense.

GameTime
02-05-2012, 12:31 PM

When I first read this story it didn't make sense to me. To what end would they cut a player the night before the Siper Bowl. YES, he's not a playmaker, still they've knew that all season. They replaced him with a DE off the practice squad so they feel they're flush with their receivers. Still, it's hard to fathom.

UNLESS, as is often the case in games of chicken and chess, someone just blinked. And that someone is Bill Belichick. The calculating, ever prepared, never telegraphing his punches head coach of the Patriots. He's now worried about his defense in the face of a much better GIANTS' offense than they faced in November.

</P>

but why would BB think a PS player would help in anyway???</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM

</p>

but why would BB think a PS player would help in anyway???</p>

</p>

I didn't say it was logical, I said he's worried. Fear makes us do things that aren't always smart. He has no serious depth on the D line and if we run them ragged, they lose. It's a last minute Hail Mary without the ball in the air.

Firenugget

</p>

</p>

Could be just to keep the line a bit more fresh. However when you throw a PS guy in there he's also a liability.

buddy33
They said that he most likely would kot have played anyway and the guy that is replacing him, another RU guy, will be playing. They might rotate him on the DL and he can play Special Teams.

GameTime
02-05-2012, 12:36 PM

</P>

but why would BB think a PS player would help in anyway???</P>

</P>

I didn't say it was logical, I said he's worried. Fear makes us do things that aren't always smart. He has no serious depth on the D line and if we run them ragged, they lose. It's a last minute Hail Mary without the ball in the air.
</P>

ok Buckeroo....I will go with that logic....:)</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
02-05-2012, 12:40 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

ok Buckeroo....I will go with that logic....:)</p>

</p>

What more could I ask?

Meanhothead
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
This move indicates BB is more concerned with the running game and TOP.

Gianthunter
02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
<FONT size=6>PURE GENIUS</FONT>