PDA

View Full Version : Scraping Pro Bowl

michaelkhan3
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Adam Shefler said on facebook
"<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Commissioner
Roger Goodell told ESPN's Mike and Mike that, after what he saw last
Sunday, the NFL will consider eliminating the Pro Bowl.</span>"

All the guys playing that day should be ashamed of them selves. I'm glad we got to the SB so our players dint go out there and embarrass them selves

jppmvp90
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
havent watched it in years, wish they would get rid of it. waste of time

Firenugget
02-05-2012, 12:57 PM

<u>All the guys playing that day should be ashamed of them selves</u>. I'm glad we got to the SB so our players dint go out there and embarrass them selves

Uh...No, they shouldn't. Why the hell would you risk injury and your career= millions of dollars to play hard in an absolutely meaningless game?

It should be done away with for sure.

P_Simms_#11
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
<span data-jsid="text" class="commentBody">One of the comments on FB: "Instead of having a pro bowl, they should put on an All-Pro skills competition".

Sounds like a good idea.
</span>

Firenugget
02-05-2012, 01:05 PM
<span data-jsid="text" class="commentBody">One of the comments on FB: "Instead of having a pro bowl, they should put on an All-Pro skills competition".

Sounds like a good idea.
</span>

Yep and that's something I'd actually watch. I watch the college ones when I remember to catch 'em. Always fun to watch.

Jet-Blue
02-05-2012, 01:06 PM
This year it was pretty bad. I think it should be scrapped and they should do something else like a skills competition.

Link to Article (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826a468e/article/goodell-says-nfls-allstars-must-play-pro-bowl-at-higher-level?module=HP11_headline_stack)

BlueSanta
02-05-2012, 01:50 PM

All the guys playing that day should be ashamed of them selves. I'm glad we got to the SB so our players dint go out there and embarrass them selves

My biggest wish coming out of the Pro bowl is not that they will get rid of it(tho that wouldnt bother me), but that the league will learn from it.

Real Football fans could care less about games where defense doesnt matter. Stop changing the rules so that every regular season game is a shootout like the pro bowl.

During the playoffs they have allowed a little more physical football, and I appreciate it. I hope they let it carry over to the regular season next year and beyond because this regular season has not been fun to watch with all these record breaking numbers and devaluing of defense.

C1010
02-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I hope the keep the probowl but I'd like for them to go 100%. It has honestly become a joke.

michaelkhan3
02-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I hope the keep the probowl but I'd like for them to go 100%. It has honestly become a joke.

Me too i think a few player are shouldn't ruin it for everyone

bflo23
02-05-2012, 02:52 PM

I have been saying that they should cancel the pro bowl game for years. They don't put any effort at all. Look at the linemen during a play. They just stand there. Do I blame the players? Not really because I would be so upset to see a Giants player get a major injury because they tried hard in a meaningless game.

Just give the pro bowl awards.

slipknottin
02-05-2012, 02:55 PM
theres no way they get rid of the probowl. Too many people watch it.

Change the format, change things they do, but they arent going to throw away an event that has 12.5 million viewers.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
theres no way they get rid of the probowl. Too many people watch it. Change the format, change things they do, but they arent going to throw away an event that has 12.5 million viewers.I believe MORE people would watch an All-Star skills competition, I know I would. I have really only watched like 3 or 4 Probowls in my life and 2 of those I attended while stationed in Hawaii and I cant even remember the 2nd one as I was totally **** faced! LOL