PDA

View Full Version : Do you think refs will favor the Patriots?

bflo23
02-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Do you think refs will favor the Patriots? Hopefully we don't see another Green Bay situation with these refs or the "Brady Rules" where nobody can touch Brady without a roughing the passer penalty.

jppmvp90
02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
giants have not gotten calls all year. we got screwed bad vs gb and still won by 17 and gb is betetr than ne. nfl might want kraft to win since he saved the lockout. hmmm giants need to beat pats and refs

bflo23
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
giants have not gotten calls all year. we got screwed bad vs gb and still won by 17 and gb is betetr than ne. nfl might want kraft to win since he saved the lockout. hmmm giants need to beat pats and refs

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a couple bogus "Brady Rules" penalties.

ttundraman
02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
For sure they'll favor the pats, its how they win most of their games, hopefully the Giants will run over the pats and it won't make any difference!!

nyknstill!
02-05-2012, 02:14 PM
It's Giants vs Brady and the refs tonight.

GiantinCt
02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
The officials will be the wildcard

TuckYou
02-05-2012, 02:28 PM
If Eli wins this game, does he finally get the respect by the refs. Eli gets pumbled after the whistle all the time and no flags. GB hit him late several times. Nothing. Hopefully he gets Bradys rules if he beats him again.

bflo23
02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Watch for the push offs from the Patriots receivers. Gronk gets away with a lot of them. I am not talking about within 5 yards where it is all legal. I am talking about hard push offs that are like 15 yards down the field and that should be offensive pass interference but aren't called.... And then Brady hits him for the TD. We saw Branch do the same thing when he stiff armed a broncos corner just to create space and then caught a long TD pass.

bflo23
02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
If Eli wins this game, does he finally get the respect by the refs. Eli gets pumbled after the whistle all the time and no flags. GB hit him late several times. Nothing. Hopefully he gets Bradys rules if he beats him again.

Eli will never get the Brady rules. And I would never want Eli to get the Brady Rules. This is the NFL and I don't want Eli to be wearing a skirt like Brady. Defenders are just glancing Brady or barely touch him and he is getting roughing the passer flags. I just want the game be called correctly for all QBs.

buddy33
02-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Getting to Brady is what the Giants need to do, but I am afraid of the flags flying.

Brady has been know to cry for a flag and get it.

Jules18
02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I went back and forth on this a few times myself. Being that the game is on a neutral site and in Indy of all places (home of a Manning) the refs might want to watch themselves. Things could get ugly if the Giants lose and it's the refs fault.

So I am leaning towards a fair game. I hope.

bflo23
02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Getting to Brady is what the Giants need to do, but I am afraid of the flags flying.

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSSnQrhUKpE</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSSnQrhUKpE)

Harrison telling Brady to take off the skirt.

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824f8892/GameDay-Patriots-vs-Redskins-highlights</font> (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824f8892/GameDay-Patriots-vs-Redskins-highlights)

At 1:25, Fletcher gets penalized for forearm to the helmet. So ridiculous!

buddy33
02-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Eli took a few big hits his last game and just got up and played.

kbusch22
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Apart of me can't help but feel that the NFL deep down wants Kraft to get the title this year because of his involvement in the CBA negotiations. Evans and Cundiff bailed them out big time to keep the dream alive. Not saying they'd blow calls on purpose or anything but look for defenders to continue to get flagged if they do so much as cough on Brady.</P>

BigBlueFanNJ
02-05-2012, 03:54 PM
wish their was a way to let the NFL know people will be watching the officiating very closely!!

gmen46
02-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Hit him anyway (which is what our defense will do). It's the cumulative effect that matters, so even if we get a bogus penalty or two, it will pay off.

Regarding that bogus "roughing the QB" penalty called (against "Boley?) during one of the playoff games (Packers?), Coughlin said he'd coach that play all day long. It was a bad call. It happens.

As a defender, one needs to play smart of course, but you can't play fearing you'll get penalized. A reality that Kiwi learned the hard way his rookie year and hasn't made that mistake since.

I know you know that, I'm just saying it (ref error) shouldn't be a real factor this game. The officiating in XVII was superb. I wish we had that group again.

miked1958
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM
If Vegas has anything to do with it, yes

buddy33
02-05-2012, 04:28 PM
They should go sack him in the locker room now.

logan9839
02-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't believe that the Refs favor anyone. The GB game there were horrible calls, but not likely because they wanted GB to win.

BParcells777
02-05-2012, 04:52 PM
sure they will

it wont matter

and in SB's they usually let them play

53canton
02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
How many roughing the passer penalties are we gonna get flagged for? You know you cant sneeze on Brady wothout a damn flag! Thay had better let them play the game!

bflo23
02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't believe that the Refs favor anyone. The GB game there were horrible calls, but not likely because they wanted GB to win.

There are the Brady Rules and he gets a lot of calls his way. Something to keep our eye on.

BillTheGreek
02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I think that so many people and big shots from the NFL are watching, they have to be extra careful on their calls, but lets face it ,they have favorites also.

bflo23
02-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Phantom Booth hold that took the Giants out of FG range at least...

Pass interference that wasn't called! Moore pulling shoulder pad? In FG range! Cmon refs.

Nice try by refs.... Took away 6-14 points from Giants.

NYGFaninILL
02-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Phantom Booth hold that took the Giants out of FG range at least...

Pass interference that wasn't called! Moore pulling shoulder pad? In FG range! Cmon refs.

Nice try by refs.... Took away 6-14 points from Giants.

Bull Crap!! That was a blatant hold on Booth!! Anytime a defender gets twisted around like that in the running gap they will call it a hold

Ill give you the PI, reluctantly