PDA

View Full Version : We lost but NO big DEAL! We got this!

SRTtoZ
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
We played the best team in teh NFL and it took them the last play of the game to beat us by a FG. Dallas lost today which puts us 1 game behind them and we play them TWICE.

Anyone remember 07-08? We lost to the Patriots in a hard fought game and then dominated them in the Superbowl.

The Packers better be ready because next time we play them in the playoffs we will learn from our mistakes and dominate them with a huge upset.

See everyone next week!

egyptian420
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Respectable loss, exactly like the NE loss in the 07 reg season. It also helps that Dallas lost as well. Can't wait for next Sunday's game against them.

Eli TO Shockey
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Would have been nice to win. Bottom line we win next week were in 1st place

barran21
The Cowboys loss so it's all good, win next week and we take a division lead back...

PIERCEnumber58rules
How can you be so positive after such a heartbreaking loss? Wow.

RoanokeFan
We will see them again this season and we will win that game.

giantsforce
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Respectable loss, exactly like the NE loss in the 07 reg season. It also helps that Dallas lost as well. Can't wait for next Sunday's game against them.
Just in case you have not figure it out again, this time next week we will be here talking about our 5th loss in a row and what a great game we played and we lost.

NYG3085
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
We have a very inept coaching staff. Imagine if we had San Francisco or Green Bay's coaching staff.

Horrible challenges and clock management by TC. Kevin Gilbride sucks and Perry "3 man Rush" Fewell is too soft to call a blitz.

bleedinblue27
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
STOP WITH 2007!!! THIS IS NOT 2007 NOR THE THAT TEAM!!!

hammer-time
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
How can you be so positive after such a heartbreaking loss? Wow.Because we didn't give the game to them like we did with the saints, and the packers are a better team.

horn27
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
We played the best team in teh NFL and it took them the last play of the game to beat us by a FG.* Dallas lost today which puts us 1 game behind them and we play them TWICE.*

Anyone remember 07-08?* We lost to the Patriots in a hard fought game and then dominated them in the Superbowl.

The Packers better be ready because next time we play them in the playoffs we will learn from our mistakes and dominate them with a huge upset.

See everyone next week!
I agree, we just got hot at the right time and now it's time to run the table. NY GB NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ALL OVER AGAIN!

dave8274
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
The Cowboys loss so it's all good, win next week and we take a division lead back...

I don't know the math but I think the Cowboy's loss doesn't mean anything. Think we still need to win out to make the payoffs.

dave8274
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
We played the best team in teh NFL and it took them the last play of the game to beat us by a FG.* Dallas lost today which puts us 1 game behind them and we play them TWICE.*

Anyone remember 07-08?* We lost to the Patriots in a hard fought game and then dominated them in the Superbowl.

See everyone next week!
I agree, we just got hot at the right time and now it's time to run the table. NY GB NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ALL OVER AGAIN!

Calling losing a 4th straight game in less than a blowout "getting hot" is awesome :)

SRTtoZ
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
We have a very inept coaching staff. Imagine if we had San Francisco or Green Bay's coaching staff.

Horrible challenges and clock management by TC. Kevin Gilbride sucks and Perry "3 man Rush" Fewell is too soft to call a blitz.

I hear ya but this is still this year and this coaching staff. Once the offseason comes I will talk replacing the coaching staff...I dont mind Coughlin but I cant stand Fewell's soft defense and KG's awful inconsistent offensive scheme.

We are going to crush any hope the Cowboys have of playoffs.

horn27
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
How can you be so positive after such a heartbreaking loss? Wow.look at the last 3 games!! we came alive this tonite. we lost but i like how they played. they played with GIANTS PRIDE!!!

egyptian420
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Just in case you have not figure it out again, this time next week we will be here talking about our 5th loss in a row and what a great game we played and we lost.
We'll see, if we play against Dallas the same way we played today, we win for sure. No doubt at all.

aMies
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM

<font size="2" face="Arial">Because we actually showed up to play this game. It was a truly hard fought battle and you can NOT fault a team who tries. Yes, we're all disappointed about the loss but for the first time in several weeks, we looked like we belonged out there.</font>

buddy33
12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Wanted the win but it means NOTHING unless they sweep their divisional games.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM

I don't know the math but I think the Cowboy's loss doesn't mean anything. Think we still need to win out to make the payoffs.

It means quite a bit indeed. It damages Dallas' conference record within the NFC (drops it from 5-2 to 5-3.) This could come into play at the end of the season when the tiebreakers are made (should the Cowboys and Giants finish with the same record and defeat each other once apiece.)

Originally, the Cowboys could have retained a 7-5 conference record advantage over the Giants, who could have been 5-7. But this advantage may have been negated by today's loss to ARI.

horn27
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM

See everyone next week!

Calling losing a 4th straight game in less than a blowout "getting hot" is awesome :)call it what you want, we played a good game against the hottest team in the NFL.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
How can you be so positive after such a heartbreaking loss? Wow.look at the last 3 games!! we came alive this tonite. we lost but i like how they played. they played with GIANTS PRIDE!!!

If we play with tonight's intensity the next 4 games, we win the Division.

EasyE23
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Not only is this like the NE loss in '07, but it's the exact same score...38-35. Now we just need to win out and get into the playoffs. We make another historic run and beat the Packers as they try to go for 19-0.

And then she woke up.....

Chris

egyptian420
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM

Big if, but if it happens, we will 100% take this division

horn27
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM

I agree ,we will win out and then some

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM

But they won't. Even if they somehow sweep Dallas, they will mail it in against Washington.

SRTtoZ
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM

But they won't. Even if they somehow sweep Dallas, they will mail it in against Washington.

Nope lol. I watch the Redskins every week and they are VERY bad...their record actually is better than what they are. I'm not saying we should underestimate them but we are a better team than we were during the first game of the season, and the Redskins are also very different.

People need to realize that once we make the playoffs, the records reset and dont matter after that.

meanygiantschick
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow - how negative are you? Stop with the crabbing and enjoy the effort that was put out on that field. We lost by 3 - not 33!!!!!!!!

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-04-2011, 09:15 PM

I agree, they played hard. But holy crap. Doesn't losing make you people mad?!?! I feel like I'm going to spontaneously combust!

horn27
12-04-2011, 09:15 PM

Nope lol.* I watch the Redskins every week and they are VERY bad...their record actually is better than what they are.* I'm not saying we should underestimate them but we are a better team than we were during the first game of the season, and the Redskins are also very different.*

People need to realize that once we make the playoffs, the records reset and dont matter after that.
why do you watch the deadskins every week?

Keithnyg
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm not at all advocating celebrating a loss, but some of you guys are facking downers! Alot to be encouraged about in this loss. Not going to pull 2007 out, but I understand the comparisons. Clearly we can play with any team. Whether we actually compete in the next 4 games remains to be seen. But I'm not too upset by this one. Best 4 game losing streak ever.

SRTtoZ
12-04-2011, 09:21 PM

Nope lol. I watch the Redskins every week and they are VERY bad...their record actually is better than what they are. I'm not saying we should underestimate them but we are a better team than we were during the first game of the season, and the Redskins are also very different.

Because as a kid I was a Redskins fan even though I live in NY and my entire family is Giants fans lol. So I still have a soft spot for them but man are they bad. They are a team that refuses to win and does anything possible NOT to win. Did you see todays game? The jets had nothing but the Redskins gave them every chance to stay in that game. Also they have the worst offensive line ive EVER seen which the Giants will dominate. Combine that with a QB in Grossman who fumbles the most in the NFL and you have a bad matchup. They also are going to lose Trent Williams to suspension who is probably their best lineman and they are missing their offensive threats. (if you can EVEN call them threats, Chris Cooley etc).

SRTtoZ
12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
And lastly, GO SAINTS! We need the lions to lose here so we have a Wild card option as well!

SRTtoZ
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm not at all advocating celebrating a loss, but some of you guys are facking downers! Alot to be encouraged about in this loss. Not going to pull 2007 out, but I understand the comparisons. Clearly we can play with any team. Whether we actually compete in the next 4 games remains to be seen. But I'm not too upset by this one. Best 4 game losing streak ever.

Thank you! After last weeks game it looked like our team was DONE. Isnt it a great thing to see us go up against the Packers and do this?? How can you guys be down about this? I was mad we lost but the Cowboys losing made things a bit better and we can control our own destiny to get into the playoffs. How awesome is that???

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:25 PM

<font face="Arial" size="2">Because we actually showed up to play this game. It was a truly hard fought battle and you can NOT fault a team who tries. Yes, we're all disappointed about the loss but for the first time in several weeks, we looked like we belonged out there.</font>

+1

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:26 PM

Because as a kid I was a Redskins fan even though I live in NY and my entire family is Giants fans lol. So I still have a soft spot for them but man are they bad. They are a team that refuses to win and does anything possible NOT to win. Did you see todays game? The jets had nothing but the Redskins gave them every chance to stay in that game. Also they have the worst offensive line ive EVER seen which the Giants will dominate. Combine that with a QB in Grossman who fumbles the most in the NFL and you have a bad matchup. They also are going to lose Trent Williams to suspension who is probably their best lineman and they are missing their offensive threats. (if you can EVEN call them threats, Chris Cooley etc).

If we sweep Dallas, don't we win the Division?

SRTtoZ
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
We have to sweep Dallas and then win to the redskins or the Jets I believe. There is more than 1 way to make the playoffs here, especially with a Lions loss tonight but the best part of this is we control our own Destiny, its not like we need a team to lose to make the playoffs. We win, we are in.

MikeIsaGiant
12-04-2011, 09:37 PM
We played a good game, defense needs a lot of work.

Offense finally showed up, but I'm afraid next weekend our defense shows up and our offense doesn't.... it always happens

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
We have to sweep Dallas and then win to the redskins or the Jets I believe.* There is more than 1 way to make the playoffs here, especially with a Lions loss tonight but the best part of this is we control our own Destiny, its not like we need a team to lose to make the playoffs.* We win, we are in.

For a team that is 0-4 in the last 4 games, that is easier said than done.

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 09:37 PM
yes

miked1958
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
yes
Troll

miked1958
01-26-2012, 02:00 AM

See everyone next week!

Awesome dude!!! You called it almost two months ago! There are several other threads of this nature brought back that I said a lot of same stuff. Let me know if u want thread titles or links. Worth a second read for sure

miked1958
01-26-2012, 10:06 AM
BUMP...SRTtoZ needs to see this... he called it all those months ago!!!!

Firenugget
01-26-2012, 10:57 AM

Why do you keep bumping this old crap? I'm sure he knows what he posted or could find if it he didn't. People visit the forums alot on their iphones and such and aren't looking to scroll through 2 pages of old garbage. And tbh I'm getting tired of thinking these threads are new and clicking them.

Pats are &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;that way...

miked1958
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Why do you keep bumping this old crap? I'm sure he knows what he posted or could find if it he didn't. People visit the forums alot on their iphones and such and aren't looking to scroll through 2 pages of old garbage. And tbh I'm getting tired of thinking these threads are new and clicking them.

Pats are &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;that way...
</P>

actually not sure if you were aware what happened last night.</P>

Some guy claiming to be a giants fan, joined yesterday and once approved he went directly to 10 or 15 old posts from our losing streak. He was told by the Mods one more he would be banned.</P>

I called him out as a troll but he argued he was a former poster. It didnt add up the way he commented on each one with LMAO or yesssssss.</P>

Anyway it backfired on him cause alot of us saw we never gave up...</P>

Soo no it was not me or anyone else regular on this board that bumped them all back up.. It was just one guy. a few of them were commented on due to the positive nature of what was said back then with fans not giving up...</P>

However. whats done is done. you and a few others do not like even these few being commented on so we are dropping those to and letting them fall back in the pack.. sorry</P>

This is the guy....and i think he did a few more early this morning..keep an eye out and report him if u see anymore...</P>

name is....... /Themes/default/images/user_IsOffline.gif jppmvp90 (/members/jppmvp90.aspx)</P>