PDA

View Full Version : How do you give Rodgers 58 seconds and only needing a field goal

TroyArcher
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Did TC think his defense would hold? You had to run at least one play at the goal line to run off time.

trenken311
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Did TC think his defense would hold? You had to run at least one play at the goal line to run off time.

Not sure, we just scored too quick, then hope the D will hold. I dont think TC felt too great about our chances with a minute left and obviously knowing this defense sucks, facing the best team in the league.

NY_Eli
12-04-2011, 07:58 PM
When you're down, you do whatever you can to score. That's all that matters. Do whatever gives you the best chance of winning.

You just can't think about 'what if he gets the ball back' when you're not winning the game. It's as simple as that.

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 07:59 PM
I didnt think we would hold....but Jesus H Christ...at least TRY TO STOP THEM!!!!!!!

RagingBlue
12-04-2011, 08:00 PM
We are playing down to the competition. We wanted them to do that. Until we realized we lost again.

gmen0820
12-04-2011, 08:01 PM
I bet the coaches are wondering how to make decisions in hindsight like this message board.

Rich4114
As easy as it is to blame leaving too much time on the clock, the defense needs to come up with stops and they did not. Near PICK by Williams would've swung this game to the Giants but it's a game of inches. Look at all of the big plays the Packers had that needed to be reviewed. 2 TD's of theirs and 1 TD of ours. We end up on the short end based on how the refs interpreted each one.

trenken311
I didnt think we would hold....but Jesus H Christ...at least TRY TO STOP THEM!!!!!!!

The sad fact of it is.... they did try. They couldnt even stop Charlie Whitehurst. Yeah, how are they going to do against playoff caliber teams? Just what you saw today.

bleedblue78
12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
When you're down, you do whatever you can to score. That's all that matters. Do whatever gives you the best chance of winning.

You just can't think about 'what if he gets the ball back' when you're not winning the game. It's as simple as that.
its not that simple...game clock management is VERY necessary, especially when you have aaron rodgers and his 4 td passes against us today. put your thinking cap on for a sec.

PIERCEnumber58rules
I agree with the OP, but you gotta think about saving time for an OSK just in case we don't get the 2-point conversion. Man. What a way to lose. I'm so sick and tired of always losing the big games. I'm sick of seeing these ****heads like Rodgers smiling at the end of the game.

TopleyBird
When you're down by eight, you don't worry about leaving time on the clock. What if we left :14 on the clock but missed the 2 point conversion? Game is automatically over

GMENAGAIN
Don't be a ****ing idiot . . . . you score when you can. If the defense can't stop them from scoring in 58 seconds, you don't deserve to win . . . .

GiantWarfare
12-04-2011, 08:03 PM

exactly. we had to worry about getting in the endzone...

Defense blew it in the end, though I blame Fewell really...

TBH it was a well-played game but god do I hate "moral victories"....eff that, we shoulda won, got robbed by the refs because idc what anyone says, that Jennings TD was not a TD...period. End of story.

TuckYou
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
3 straight passes on first and goal with 1:06 left. Gilbride is a dumb person. And Fewells defense is the worst in the league, literally. Giants are dead last in points given up per game.

bleedblue78
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
As easy as it is to blame leaving too much time on the clock, the defense needs to come up with stops and they did not.* Near PICK by Williams would've swung this game to the Giants but it's a game of inches.* Look at all of the big plays the Packers had that needed to be reviewed.* 2 TD's of theirs and 1 TD of ours.* We end up on the short end based on how the refs interpreted each one.
3 phases , offense, defense, coaching. knowing our d gave up ultimately, they could and should of never been in that spot to begin with. thats on the coaches, greenbay lit us up in second half, period

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I bet the coaches are wondering how to make decisions in hindsight like this message board.

I wouldn't say that. During the game my first thought was to make it the last drive of the game- boom or bust.

BK07071
12-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Play Giant dfense the way Fewell schemes it........now you have your answer!

TroyArcher
12-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Sorry but I said the same thing as the announcers said. Run a play to run down the clock. Anyone who knows anything about footbal knew the Giants would not stop them with that much time. The game could have come down to a coin flip.

FUUFNF
12-04-2011, 08:11 PM
When down by 8, you never turn down an easy touchdown... You have to expect the D to put some resistance.

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
When you're down, you do whatever you can to score. That's all that matters. Do whatever gives you the best chance of winning. You just can't think about 'what if he gets the ball back' when you're not winning the game. It's as simple as that.</P>

</P>

You got that right. This is a dumb thread.</P>

WShen you're behind by 8 points, you're just trying to score as best you can. </P>

That was a great drive and the 2 pt conversion. Eli called a terific audible on the Ware run.</P>

Unfortunately, the Defense was pathetic...as is becoming usual. Fewell has got to go.</P>

gmen0820
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM

I wouldn't say that. During the game my first thought was to make it the last drive of the game- boom or bust.You don't have the flexibility to score how you want to verse such a good team.

krankeybluechick
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
You have to understand we were 8 down, the touchdown and 2 pt conversion are not a gimme. They get a touch down yes, but if they don't get the 2 pts. then we need time for an onside. I had no problem with how much time they left. The defense sould have held them!

BigBlue1971
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
the Giants done what needed to be done - score</P>

Aaron Rodgers is great qb and the way hes playing, nothings safe! their 12-0.</P>

FUUFNF
12-04-2011, 08:28 PM
You have to understand we were 8 down, the touchdown and 2 pt conversion are not a gimme. They get a touch down yes, but if they don't get the 2 pts. then we need time for an onside. I had no problem with how much time they left. The defense sould have held them!

+1

Ah, the benefit of hindsight... People act like scoring 8 points right there was a foregone conclusion... Geez, GMB really pisses me off sometimes.