PDA

View Full Version : Relax!! It was same score 38-35 as Pats in 07

miked1958
12-04-2011, 07:56 PM
It kept the Pats unbeaten for the time being.
This will give us the push we need like it did in 07.
I count this as a victory.
We beat them in playoffs

Brandon jacobs
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
We beat them in playoffs

But at .500 getting into the playoffs?

miken609
12-04-2011, 07:59 PM
after losing the pats in the reg season of 07, we went on to win 9 straight or something like that. we do the same thing starting next week

davmac2BB
12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
after losing the pats in the reg season of 07, we went on to win 9 straight or something like that. we do the same thing starting next week

We have two Dallas games and the Jets fighting for a playoff spot. The margin of error is paper thin!

VTC_NYG
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Lol! Very different game boys. This game shouldve gone to OT, that game was one they won in the 4th, not a gift wrapped win delivered by Perry Fewell. This was as demoralizing a loss as the Philly game considering what was at stake and the defensive choke job to seal our fate.

bleedinblue27
12-04-2011, 08:06 PM
We beat them in playoffs
I HATE YOU SOOOO BAD!! THIS IS NOT 2007 YOU MORON!!! SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!!

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 08:08 PM

We locked up the playoffs the previous week against the Bills when we played the Pats.

mikeq672
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
We beat them in playoffs

Its good that you count it as a victory, but im pretty sure the league doesnt. And after the Pats LOSS we were still in the playoffs, after this LOSS, we arent.

miked1958
12-04-2011, 08:17 PM
We beat them in playoffs
I HATE YOU SOOOO BAD!! THIS IS NOT 2007 YOU MORON!!! SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!!
I realize what you and guy below you are saying. However that is all u can take out of this.
Yes we are on a four game losing streak.
Yes we are just a .500 team
Yes we lost a huge chance to gain on the falcons, bears, Dallas and most likely the lions who lose to saints tonight.
Yes we lost more players today.
No it's not same circumstances as going all out when we could of just sat starters as we already made playoffs.
No it's not the same.
But u gotta use this as a jump start and realize if we can stand toe to toe with GB we can with anyone.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?
STAY OFF BOARDS AND DO SOMETHING ELSE NEXT 4 weeks BUT DON'T WATCH THE GIANTS.

miked1958
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
We beat them in playoffs

Its good that you count it as a victory, but im pretty sure the league doesnt. And after the Pats LOSS we were still in the playoffs, after this LOSS, we arent.

I know. But they will use it as a way to start a four game winning streak

trenken311
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
We beat them in playoffs

You do realize this D has been garbage for most of the year, don't you? This isn't 2007. Not even remotely close.

BlueSanta
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM
We beat them in playoffs
I realize what you and guy below you are saying. However that is all u can take out of this.
Yes we lost a huge chance to gain on the falcons, bears, Dallas and most likely the lions who lose to saints tonight.
No it's not same circumstances as going all out when we could of just sat starters as we already made playoffs.
No it's not the same.
But u gotta use this as a jump start and realize if we can stand toe to toe with GB we can with anyone.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?

By the same token, if we cannot beat the Seahawks, Redskins, and Eagles then we can lose to any team in the NFL.

The fact is this is not a very good team. We played a better game tonight, but there still isnt a lot to be excited about. As the saying goes, close only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades. In 2007, when we 1st played the pats we had already locked up a playoff birth. Today, we had a LOT more to play for than we did in 2007, it was a conference game with the playoffs on the line. Our Conference and divisional record is not good this year. So we needed this win, and coming close to getting what you need isnt good enough.

We are now 3-8 vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

We are giving up a ridiculous amount of point to teams with winning records in the last 2 years and scoring below the league average.

4 of the 5 worst defensive performances in Giants football history(a VERY long history) have come in the last 3 years.

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 08:41 PM

No, no, they changed the standings in the offseason to add a Moral Victory column so now its Win-Loss-Tie-Moral Victory. The Giants are 6-5-0-1 now.

hungrrrry
12-04-2011, 08:42 PM
same score, wrong conferance

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Playoffs?..........Playoffs?

P_Simms_#11
12-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm so tired of hearing people comparing 2007 with this season.

miked1958
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Well get used to it
Dallas lost. They can't clinch next week.
We will win next 4.
We will replay GB just like we did in 07. They killed us 35-14 back then. Will beat Dallas next week to take first place back

dave8274
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Well get used to it
We will win next 4.
We will replay GB just like we did in 07. They killed us 35-14 back then. Will beat Dallas next week to take first place back

For all the props people here are giving the Giants for ONLY losing by 3 to the Packers at home, how exactly to do you expect them to beat them at GB in the playoffs IF we win 6 straight games before that?

VegasGmen
12-04-2011, 08:57 PM
We beat them in playoffs
No it's not the same.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?

By the same token, if we cannot beat the Seahawks, Redskins, and Eagles then we can lose to any team in the NFL.

The fact is this is not a very good team. We played a better game tonight, but there still isnt a lot to be excited about. As the saying goes, close only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades. In 2007, when we 1st played the pats we had already locked up a playoff birth. Today, we had a LOT more to play for than we did in 2007, it was a conference game with the playoffs on the line. Our Conference and divisional record is not good this year. So we needed this win, and coming close to getting what you need isnt good enough.

We are now 3-8 vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

We are giving up a ridiculous amount of point to teams with winning records in the last 2 years and scoring below the league average.

4 of the 5 worst defensive performances in Giants football history(a VERY long history) have come in the last 3 years.

Sorry Negative Nancy but we will win out and sitting pretty to kick some *** in the playoffs. Book It!

miked1958
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
We beat them in playoffs
Yes we are on a four gam
e losing streak.
No it's not the same.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?

The
fact is this is not a very good team. We played a better game tonight, but there still isnt a lot to be excited about. As the saying goes, close only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades. In 2007, when we 1st played the pats we had already locked up a playoff birth. Today, we had a LOT more to play for than we did in 2007, it was a conference game with the playoffs on the line. Our Conference and divisional record is not good this year. So we needed this win, and coming close to getting what you need isnt good enough.*

We are now 3-8 vs winning teams in the
last 2 years.

4 of the 5 worst defensive performances in Giants football history(a VERY long history) have come in the last 3 years.*

Sorry Negative Nancy but we will win out and sitting pretty to kick some *** in the playoffs. Book It!

Finally someone that agrees with me. Been getting beat up in this thread

miked1958
12-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Awe why is everyone so glum in here? Don't you all realize that Green Bay just awoke a sleeping Giant?

VegasGmen
12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I know now that we will beat the cowgirls next week this is a given. Great heart tonight!

jppmvp90
01-25-2012, 08:43 PM
yesA!A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miked1958
01-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Awe why is everyone so glum in here? Don't you all realize that Green Bay just awoke a sleeping Giant?
Awesome

miked1958
01-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Well get used to it
We will win next 4.
This

miked1958
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
We beat them in playoffs
No it's not the same.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?
THIS!!! ALL IN BABY!!!

miked1958
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
We beat them in playoffs
No it's not the same.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?
THIS!!! ALL IN BABY!!!
Come on man.. This is some awesome stuff. U can't make this up

miked1958
01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Awe why is everyone so glum in here? Don't you all realize that Green Bay just awoke a sleeping Giant?</P>

NOW if that is not the CALL of the Season I dont know what is...... and YES...GB did awake a sleeping GIANT.... A Giant that went out and won 5in a row and 6of7.
</P>

Since that week when we lost our 4th in a row in about a month and a half the giants have doubled the amount of wins they had at the end of that first gb game. we were 6-6 and now 12-7...</P>

About to be 13-7 and a 4th SB Title.....
Moral of story is DONT wake up a sleeping GIANT if you are a Top Seed...(Dallas,Pats,GB and now Pats again)</P>

miked1958
02-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Awe why is everyone so glum in here? Don't you all realize that Green Bay just awoke a sleeping Giant?</P>

NOW if that is not the CALL of the Season I dont know what is...... and YES...GB did awake a sleeping GIANT.... A Giant that went out and won 5in a row and 6of7.
</P>

Since that week when we lost our 4th in a row in about a month and a half the giants have doubled the amount of wins they had at the end of that first gb game. we were 6-6 and now 12-7...</P>

About to be 13-7 and a 4th SB Title.....
Moral of story is DONT wake up a sleeping GIANT if you are a Top Seed...(Dallas,Pats,GB and now Pats again)</P>
Not for nothing this Thread should be framed and 3-4 others like it in Giants Lore!!
Some of the things said in here our awesome....
A lot of us never gave up, and even some of the ones that had a few doubts believed pretty quick as we got rolling
Go gmen
All in

miked1958
02-06-2012, 10:03 AM
We beat them in playoffs
No it's not the same.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?
THIS!!! ALL IN BABY!!!
Come on man.. This is some awesome stuff. U can't make this upThis