PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the Giants (from a Dallas fan)

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
First, you have added another Lombardi to the NFC East's fat collection of Super Bowl trophies.

Second, first 9-7 team to win a Super Bowl. I now want to see an 8-8 team do it.

Third, the arrogance of Bostonians has been deflated. Can you imagine the "City of Champions" stuff we would hear for another half decade if Boston had won their 8th championship in a decade tonight?

Fourth, Brady and Belichick are denied.

Blackula31
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Thank you sir!!! I love it!!!

I feel bad for Robert Kraft though...

but love seeing Brady dejected!!!

Mark444
02-05-2012, 11:46 PM
i live in TX so i know cowboys fans arent as bad as they seem. thank u sir

BigBlue1971
02-05-2012, 11:47 PM
thanks Cowboys!</P>

it was tough getting through your boys....that said, it toughen us up for the road ahead.</P>

we look forward to next season.</P>

NYDestroyer
02-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks, we hope to sweep the cowboys again next season LOL. Just kidding thanks.

nycisgreat
02-05-2012, 11:48 PM

I am happy to see my team win, but never happy to see other down.

Brandon jacobs
02-05-2012, 11:49 PM

I agree. Robert Kraft looked hurt to lose his wife and the big show. I won't tarnish the class act the giants are because I know Mr. Kraft must really be hurting

DragonSoul
02-05-2012, 11:49 PM
First, you have added another Lombardi to the NFC East's fat collection of Super Bowl trophies.

Second, first 9-7 team to win a Super Bowl.* I now want to see an 8-8 team do it.

Third, the arrogance of Bostonians has been deflated. Can you imagine the "City of Champions" stuff we would hear for another half decade if Boston had won their 8th championship in a decade tonight?

TY man.

George_Vreeland_Hill
02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Thank you.
The NFC East has won more than a quarter of the Super Bowls.
The most of any division.
The NFC East has won 20 NFC titles.
Too bad Philadelphia can't walk the walk.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Thank you.

20 Super Bowl appearances by four NFC East teams. Quite remarkable.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-06-2012, 07:20 PM
On a side note, it's quite scary to think that Tom Brady could have - and perhaps should have - had as many as <font size="4"><font color="#0000FF">7</font> </font>Super Bowl rings by now.

Think about it.

In the 2006 AFC title game, the Patriots led the Colts 21-3. Had they not choked away that large lead, they would have won, and faced the Rex Grossman-led Bears in the Super Bowl. I'm sure Brady would have defeated Grossman handily.

In 2007, the Pats were favored to beat the Giants in SBXLII - after all, this was the 18-0 undefeated juggernaut.

In 2010, the Pats lost at home to the Jets, whom they had beaten 45-3 just months earlier.

In Super Bowl XLVI, the 13-3 Pats were again favored to beat the 9-7 Giants.

BigBlue9280
02-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Thank you.

12 Super Bowl titles...and NONE from the Eagles. LOLOLOLOL...that just makes me smile :)

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Second, first 9-7 team to win a Super Bowl. I now want to see an 8-8 team do it.

I wish all Cowboys fans were like you....may you have better luck next year (although I don't really hope for that [;)])

giantyankee1976
02-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you.

just as an aside:

the Arizona, formerly Phoenix Cardinals used to be in our Division and THEY won a SB too.

what's up with that bum-*** philly team of superstars and dream teamers???

Bread
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Thank you.

just as an aside:

the Arizona, formerly Phoenix Cardinals used to be in our Division and THEY won a SB too.

what's up with that bum-*** philly team of superstars and dream teamers???Where are you getting this from? The Cardinals have no Super Bowls.

calzonesays
02-06-2012, 07:30 PM

thanks. Too bad the Iggles never help us fill the NFC East trophy case.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Thank you.

The eagles need to go west lol They are an embarrassment lmfao

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
On a side note, it's quite scary to think that Tom Brady could have - and perhaps should have - had as many as <font size="4"><font color="#0000FF">7</font> </font>Super Bowl rings by now.

Think about it.

In the 2006 AFC title game, the Patriots led the Colts 21-3.* Had they not choked away that large lead, they would have won, and faced the Rex Grossman-led Bears in the Super Bowl. I'm sure Brady would have defeated Grossman handily.

In 2007, the Pats were favored to beat the Giants in SBXLII - after all, this was the 18-0 undefeated juggernaut.

In 2010, the Pats lost at home to the Jets, whom they had beaten 45-3 just months earlier.

In Super Bowl XLVI, the 13-3 Pats were again favored to beat the 9-7 Giants.

should have could have would have.

Like Giants in 08 and last year as a 10-6 record. Can always play the game from the other side.

TheReal_LT
02-06-2012, 07:41 PM

Second, first 9-7 team to win a Super Bowl.* I now want to see an 8-8 team do it.

Thanks!...heres to the NFC East being the best divsion once again!

Let's see Cowboys 5 Lomardi's, Giants 4,Redskins 3, Eagles -- oh yeah that's right the Eagles have none...oops !...LOL

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-06-2012, 07:55 PM
just as an aside:

The Cards have only ever made it to one Super Bowl, (XLIII, against Pittsburgh,) and they lost. Although I was sure rooting mightily for the Stealers to lose in that one.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-06-2012, 07:56 PM

I know, right? Leaving all the work up to us three other teams!

Bread
02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
thanks.* Too bad the Iggles never help us fill the NFC East trophy case.*

Sorry :(

giantyankee1976
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Thank you.

just as an aside:

what's up with that bum-*** philly team of superstars and dream teamers???Where are you getting this from? The Cardinals have no Super Bowls.

yeah, you're right... oh well.

guess my hatred for all things Philly just pervades my rational thoughts

The Cards have only ever made it to one Super Bowl, (XLIII, against Pittsburgh,) and they lost. Although I was sure rooting mightily for the Stealers to lose in that one.

yep, you're right too.

Eagirls still some bums though.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-07-2012, 08:11 PM

You're a Philly fan? (Tricky to tell with your signature tagline and I wasn't sure if it was for real or not.)

Bread
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
thanks.* Too bad the Iggles never help us fill the NFC East trophy case.*

You're a Philly fan?* (Tricky to tell with your signature tagline and I wasn't sure if it was for real or not.)*
Yup.

miked1958
02-07-2012, 09:24 PM

If I am not mistaken the closest division to us would be AFC north w/7, steelers have 6 and ravens 1.
Then AFC east, and NFC and AFC west all have 6 each.
So the NFCE has a 5 SB Title Lead on its closest rival

SweetZombieJesus
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM
just as an aside:

I feel bad for the Cards. They are the oldest team in the league, older than the Bears and Packers, they actually pre-date the NFL and started in Chicago. They have won 2 championships, in 1925 (Giants first year) and 1947.

NYG4ME
02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Thank you.

12 Super Bowl titles...and NONE from the Eagles. LOLOLOLOL...that just makes me smile :)

+1

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-07-2012, 10:21 PM
You're a Philly fan? (Tricky to tell with your signature tagline and I wasn't sure if it was for real or not.)
Yup.

Got it. Thanks.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-07-2012, 10:22 PM
You know, the NFC East could be like the SEC of the NFL, dominating the
Super Bowls among ourselves. It was that way in the division from
1990-1993, when the champs were Giants-Redskins-Cowboys-Cowboys.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Thank you! And don't give up on Romo -- just try surrounding him with good talent besides Whitten, for once. Not knocking, just advising.

giantyankee1976
02-08-2012, 12:37 AM

suspiciously absent is the Dream teamers

Cowboys Fan From Asia
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Technically, nightmares are dreams, too.

bansaw
02-12-2012, 09:44 AM
just as an aside:

points on Defense always makes a Superbowl win easier

thanks for the good sportsmanship, appreciate it
I do think this win for us will put enormous pressure on Romo and your organization. see how it goes but I see blowing it up a possibility if they **** the bed again this year

scoopscj
02-12-2012, 09:55 AM
I've never seen the talent level and the margin of victory so close in all the years I've been a fan. So many teams are similar and a play or two here or there is the difference in the game. The Giants had some luck this year, no doubt, but they also had good coaching and some decent depth players to help them through. Also a good pass rush solves a lot of secondary issues.

Dallas is a good team. They can be a very good team if they got a better pass rush and perhaps 1 corner/safety. I love your TE, Romo is well above average, top 10 qb if you ask me, and your rookie RB showed flashes of greatness.

Dallas and the Eagles will be in the mix next year, no doubt. Can the Giants answer their question marks and will they be hungry enough next year to make a splash? I hope so but history is not kind to Super Bowl winners. The last team to repeat.. the Patriots and before that, the 49ers in the 1980s

Thanks for the kind words. I'd say good luck next year, but I wouldn't mean it. I'll say this though, hope nobody gets hurt on your team. That's about as far as I can go.

Scoops

Toadofsteel
02-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Just remember, it was your cowboys that toughened us up for the run. If it weren't for you guys, we would be one and done, or at best being blown out by the pack.

mstray92
02-12-2012, 07:35 PM

I am loving Your sig. NY teams all the way!!!!!!! except the Jets &amp; Mets!!!!!!!!!!!

giantyankee1976
02-12-2012, 07:51 PM

I am loving Your sig. NY teams all the way!!!!!!! except the Jets & Mets!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta be consistant...no Lakers-Yankees-Blackhawks-Cowboys here.

Voldamort
02-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Thank you.
wow how bout those's eagles

Voldamort
02-12-2012, 08:04 PM

but love seeing Brady dejected!!! i feel sorry for Kraft also

Voldamort
02-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks see you next year Cowboy fan!! May the better team win!!

nygsb42champs
02-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Thank You.