PDA

View Full Version : have you ever celebrated less for a game winning TD

Mark444
02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
LOL i dont blame bradshaw its hard not to score. but yea i was panicking at that point

buddy33
02-05-2012, 10:32 PM
I know right.

Hey, how do we know the field goal would have been good?

That is how it happened and it all worked out.

Super Bowl champs again.

JMGGIANTS
02-05-2012, 10:32 PM
NO LOL

buddy33
02-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I have to see it again, but from the one shot you can see the other Giants players and they are not raising their arms to celebrate.

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 10:34 PM
what ru talking about the pats needed a TD? The giants all the way..no way they were going 80 in a min.

NYGRealityCheck
02-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I have to see it again, but from the one shot you can see the other Giants players and they are not raising their arms to celebrate.

Cause the game wasn't over...

BigBlue1971
02-05-2012, 10:35 PM
lmao!</P>

didnt celebrate that one too long! lol</P>

FlyingTruck
02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I didn't panic at all because I have faith in our defense.

buddy33
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM

I think it was because Bradshaw was supposed to fall on the 1 yard line.

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 10:39 PM
can blackburn get some love? man what an effort from him..don't forget about linval joesph either...he was a beast in the 2nd half.

lnp12
02-05-2012, 10:48 PM
hahaha i literally screamed out, "i have never been so angry at a giant for scoring a touchdown before in my life"...i was pretty nervous there for a second

T-Murda84
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Bradshaw did the right thing scoring the sure TD. Who says the field goal would of been good. I trusted our defense not to allow a TD with 57 seconds remaining....I had more faith in the defense than Tynes kicking the ball off the post.

plaxattack17
NAH...I CELEBRATED LIKE F*CK I WENT NUTS!!

Harooni
LOL i dont blame bradshaw its hard not to score. but yea i was panicking at that point

yeah i lol'ed and said ohhh nooooo too much time left.

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
hahaha i literally screamed out, "i have never been so angry at a giant for scoring a touchdown before in my life"...i was pretty nervous there for a second

id rather force them to score a td...the way our defense was playing it looked good for us.

GiantsX5M
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
LMAO ye no one celebrated it here, people were like oh no 57 seconds left not good.

chizz
02-05-2012, 10:54 PM
lol i was heated , Bradshaw would be on my hit list if we had lost

jppmvp90
02-05-2012, 10:54 PM
LOL NO i didnt highfive anyone

brad
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Lot of tension here... but you could see that Bradshaw tried to stop, he just expected a lot more resistance on that play

barran21
02-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I went nuts when he scored i was shouting we ****ing won...

lnp12
02-05-2012, 10:59 PM

id rather force them to score a td...the way our defense was playing it looked good for us. yeah i understand, but all i could think about was our GB regular season game where we gave aaron rodgers about 58 seconds and they won...granted they kicked a field goal but still..i was nervous. nervous, but not nearly enough to count us out.

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM

id rather force them to score a td...the way our defense was playing it looked good for us. yeah i understand, but all i could think about was our GB regular season game where we gave aaron rodgers about 58 seconds and they won...granted they kicked a field goal but still..i was nervous. nervous, but not nearly enough to count us out.

excatly in GB they needed a fg to win..big difference going 80 to win...champs again!!!!!!!!!!

FBomb
02-05-2012, 11:12 PM
I was INSANE!! You take the points when you can....that ball is shaped funny and anything can happen!</P>

I was nervous that Brady had a minute, but D stepped up.</P>

rainierjef
02-05-2012, 11:25 PM
i was more worried about going for the 2 point than the actual touch down i knew the defense could hold them if it was every down is a passing down.

eli out played brady that is all!!!

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Worst Super Bowl winning score, ever!

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/files/original/comic%20book%20guy.jpg

Imagine the "glory shot" of this Super Bowl will be Bradshaw pulling up short of the goal line and momentum carrying him in backwards on his butt.

Not quite the Plax sluggo route, is it?

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 12:20 AM

Cause all they had to do was kill the clock and kick the game winning field goal with 3 seconds left.

Seriously, victory formation 2-3 times would have done it, they shouldn't even have run the ball and risked a fumble, and they shouldn't have left Brady a time out and 1:00 to play with.

Pksoze
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM

Probably the worst game winning td ever but I'll take it.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 12:24 AM
i was screaming "YOU IDIOT BRADSHAW. YOU IDIOT".

My mom and wife have never been so confused in their entire lives........

Harooni
02-06-2012, 12:25 AM
i would have preferred running the clock and kicking the basically xtra point. tynes isnt that bad at all. i was happy scoring but the way he stopped short and landed in on his butt was funny.

appodictic
02-06-2012, 12:25 AM
You know I dont trust tynes, bad snap block, shank. I was happy about the TD.

zimonami
02-06-2012, 12:26 AM
The most unwanted TD in SB history
lol

Harooni
02-06-2012, 12:26 AM
i was screaming "YOU IDIOT BRADSHAW. YOU IDIOT".

My mom and wife have never been so confused in their entire lives........

LMAO i can picture that.

Giants10EM
02-06-2012, 12:39 AM
You guys are nuts. Trust Tynes over the D? Remember in GB they only needed a FG. Way easier to do in <1 min than go all the way. I was happy when he scored.

Scarfacee71
02-06-2012, 01:12 AM
lol awesome thread

definitely no hahaha i was so nervous

jax5338
02-06-2012, 01:15 AM
i was happy, because i still just cant trust tynes. hes not a bad kicker, but sometimes he just kicks some duds.

JMFP2
02-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Sorry, didn't see this thread,and created a similar one.</P>

Frankly, I wasn't upset at all when Bradshaw scored.</P>

The Giants have had a number of blocked FGs, and Tynes has also missed some short ones.</P>

I'd rather put the defense back on the field, with the Patriots needing a TD with less than one minute, and 1 timeout.</P>

Someone ask Billy Cundiff about easy field goals.</P>

JMFP2
02-06-2012, 01:16 AM
You know I dont trust tynes, bad snap block, shank. I was happy about the TD.
</P>

EXACTLY!!!!</P>

G.I. Ants
02-06-2012, 01:17 AM
One of the most stressful game winning touchdowns in Super Bowl history, lol.

TuckYou
02-06-2012, 01:28 AM
</P>

Actually for 57 seconds, especially after that 4th and 16. I was very worried. I looked at my friend like, "We left too much time on the clock." Didnt even get excited. But once the clock hit 0's, it was on like Donkey Kong.</P>

WE ARE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! </P>

WOW!</P>

atl-giant
02-06-2012, 01:34 AM
i would have preferred running the clock and kicking the basically xtra point.* tynes isnt that bad at all.* i was happy scoring but the way he stopped short and landed in on his butt was funny.*

It looks like Bradshaw was trying to go to his knees. It seems he is to muscle bound and sprung back up....

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 01:37 AM
If we had just got it straight up I would've celebrated more...but seeing Bradshaw attempt to not get it and fail, just gave me a bad vibe. It made me feel like the Pats did what they wanted and we couldn't do what we wanted.

We, just like Coughlin, didn't want Brady with a whole minute and a T.O to end the game...thank God things ended the way they did

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 01:58 AM
You guys are nuts. Trust Tynes over the D? Remember in GB they only needed a FG. Way easier to do in &lt;1 min than go all the way. I was happy when he scored.

Running on the goal line and the Pats were already trying to strip the ball on every play -- a bad snap or bad handoff can happen, and Bradshaw can cough up the ball on his own, or get stood up and stripped, or the ball gets poked out -- not to mention leaving Brady with 1:00 and a time out... Much less risky IMO to go to victory formation and kick the chip shot FG with no time left. No guarantee but less likelihood of a bad snap or a bad kick as opposed to all the things that can go wrong in 1-3 goal line runs.

SouthernGiant56
02-06-2012, 02:47 AM
You guys are nuts. Trust Tynes over the D? Remember in GB they only needed a FG. Way easier to do in &lt;1 min than go all the way. I was happy when he scored.

Running on the goal line and the Pats were already trying to strip the ball on every play -- a bad snap or bad handoff can happen, and Bradshaw can cough up the ball on his own, or get stood up and stripped, or the ball gets poked out -- not to mention leaving Brady with 1:00 and a time out... Much less risky IMO to go to victory formation and kick the chip shot FG with no time left. No guarantee but less likelihood of a bad snap or a bad kick as opposed to all the things that can go wrong in 1-3 goal line runs.

I disagree. A bad snap or a bad kick can easily happen. How about a blocked kick? Plus, you are losing. It would have been one thing if it was a tied ball game, but when you're down, you take the points whenever you can get them.

MarkNYG10
02-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Made it more exciting and made the Pats think they had the chance.

buffyblue
02-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Absolutely not. He was aright to get the score.

He put it at a must be touchdown for New England Patriots and he was right. I trust our defense.

I trust our defense to hold Tom Brady and New England Patriots.

That trust was right and greatly rewarded.

I bELIeve.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Absolutely not. He was aright to get the score.

He put it at a must be touchdown for New England Patriots and he was right. I trust our defense.

I trust our defense to hold Tom Brady and New England Patriots.

That trust was right and greatly rewarded.

I bELIeve.

he wasnt right he made a mistake he was suppose to go down and forgot.

GMen869007
02-06-2012, 04:12 AM
You know what, I cheered hard when he went in for the TD. It's never a given that they would score, they could've left it up to a FG and the snap could've been botched, or Tynes could've shanked the chip shot, you never know. Beyond that, the Patriots might've had just enough time to get it in FG range and win. We get the TD and at least New England would have to score a TD in less than 1 minute. It was tense, but I felt good about our chances.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 04:12 AM
I was taking a handoff and Eli was saying, Dont score, dont
score, Bradshaw said. I tried to declare myself down and touch down
with my hand. They didnt call it and my momentum took me into the end
zone.

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 06:55 AM
I disagree. A bad snap or a bad kick can easily happen. How about a blocked kick? Plus, you are losing. It would have been one thing if it was a tied ball game, but when you're down, you take the points whenever you can get them.

Just as a bad snap can happen on a running play. You know where it doesn't happen? Victory formation.

Much riskier trying to run and leaving time on the clock.

But whatever, they won.

Firenugget
02-06-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't think he expected to have a clear road like that. I can't blame him much for it and frankly I'm a guy who wants the points regardless. Seen too many botched/blocked/missed FG's.