PDA

View Full Version : That Shot of Robert Kraft was Devastating

O.C. Giant Fan
02-05-2012, 11:55 PM
I wish NBC had not shown that......I'm so happy the Giants won but that was very difficult to see.....I felt bad for Mr. Kraft........

JMGGIANTS
02-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I really feel for the man. He is very classy and had a rough year losing his wife. You are right, a little taste and discretion would have been the wiser decisionby not showing him.

Jet-Blue
02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Agreed, that was a very sad picture.

GiantWarfare
02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
yea not gona lie that was hard to wacth...

M0rbid
02-05-2012, 11:59 PM
I felt sick to my stomach watching him get distressed. I feel really bad for him....

FBomb
I felt a twinge of pain for him. I respect him as I do our own, but then I remembered we won the SB and it passed.

bLuereverie
He's up there with owners. Anyone pushing this classless label on the Patriots are ignorant, misinformed and jealous.

giantyankee1976
02-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I really feel for the man.* He is very classy and had a rough year losing his wife.* You are right, a little taste and discretion would have been the wiser decision*by not showing him.

+1

Mr. Kraft is a classy man and I offer him condolences.

If it wasn't us, I would have rooted the Pats for this reason only.

Harooni
yeah i think he is one of the best owners.

M0rbid
yeah i think he is one of the best owners.

Most classiest owner.

giantfanatic
Tells me two things -

1. we have heart and empathy.
2. the networks do not.

F NBC and the NFL

Pop it Ahmad
02-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I wanted to shed a tear for the guy. To be honest, NBC shoulda let him have that private moment.

JMGGIANTS
I hear you. Also if he puts his life into proper perspective he doesn't have much to be sad about. Just saying but I did feel his pain.</P>

bLuereverie
I felt a twinge of pain for him.* I respect him as I do our own, but then I remembered we won the SB and it passed.

Ann Mara's radiating smile cures most.

NYGRealityCheck
Was Peyton not in the stadium to watch his brother? I don't recall them ever showing Peyton and i also didn't agree with them rubbing it in on Mr. Kraft at the end. Not cool and unnessary.

GMen869007
I wish NBC had not shown that......I'm so happy the Giants won but that was very difficult to see.....I felt bad for Mr. Kraft........

I'm really glad we won, but that was a little heartbreaking to watch. I know people get hyped up and say things about opposing personel, but I really feel for him and he's not a bad guy.

JMFP2
</P>

Me too. He's a classy guy, and the Patriots are a great franchise.</P>

Best wishes to Mr. Kraft.</P>

RoanokeFan
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM

Agreed, he has had enough more sadness than any man deserves this season

GiantWarfare
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM
*I wanted to shed a tear for the guy. To be honest, NBC shoulda let him have that private moment.

+100

it was messed up to show his reaction...

swordfish
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Yes that was a real downer for me also, I feel bad for the man. Congrats to our Gmen and to the NE Patriots for giving us a fantastic SB, Brady was also very classy after the game and so was BB, the hug with our coach after the game was just fantastic.

Harooni
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
this is a nice thread, it shows a lot of giants fans still have class. impressed [Y]

this separates us from egal fans.

NomadGiant
02-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah I wish they never showed that could help but feel bad for the guy, with all the talk of losing his wife throughout the game

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 12:04 AM
really felt awful for the man. heartbreaking

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Was Peyton not in the stadium to watch his brother? I don't recall them ever showing Peyton and i also didn't agree with them rubbing it in on Mr. Kraft at the end. Not cool and unnessary.

If not showing Kraft means not showing Jerry Jones when the cowboys lose, I veto this resolution.

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
didnt feel anything.

Just because his wife died doesnt mean his football team is better.

bELIeve_in_Giants
02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Had the Patriots won, I would have at least been happy for Mr. Kraft.

EmpireStateG
02-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Everyone at this house said it was awful immediately after we saw it. Bad move, NBC.

chizz
02-06-2012, 12:10 AM
pretty sad , but is it wrong to want to have a gif of it?

ttundraman
Screw Kraft, I loved seeing that *** suffer!!

giants2thebowl
didnt feel anything.

Just because his wife died doesnt mean his football team is better.wow your a nice guy eh

M0rbid
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM

Dude, he's not Jerry Jones. Kraft is really a likeable person.

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
wow your a nice guy eh

I just dont connect the two. I feel bad that his wife died, I dont feel bad that his football team lost.

mike kennedy
02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
They are a great organization and I would rather have it end this way!

calzonesays
yeah, i dont think if the pats won there would be "that shot of Mara was devastating"

bELIeve_in_Giants
He also helped to save the season, so we owe at least a bit to him for that.

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
He also helped to save the season, so we owe at least a bit to him for that.

so did Mara.

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
didnt feel anything.

Just because his wife died doesnt mean his football team is better.wow your a nice guy eh

How many children starved to death while you guys were feeling sorry for a billionaire because his team lost a football game?

Bing Crosby
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
With the death of his wife and all, yeah he will be in my prayers. But he can't pretend that his team did nothing this year, or that his wife isn't looking over him. He can be proud over what his team has done, and what he accomplished in the pre season.

giantyankee1976
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
bump

Mr. Kraft deserves RESPECT

GameTime
02-06-2012, 12:18 AM
</P>

no doubt....great owner and great for the NFL. Has the same values for the league as the Maras and other class orgs. Peace to he and his family.....</P>

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 12:20 AM
He look crushed.

I didn't notice any booth shots of Peyton.

ebick
As happy as I was for our Giants, I felt horrible for Kraft.

Kendo15
No need to show what was, essentially a hugely private moment.

Big problem with the modern day world media, they want the "reaction shot".

It's a sad fact of life, well not sad, no, a fact of life, when great sporting drama unfolds there's a winner and a loser.
Get the camera on the winner (unless the loser is Jerry Jones) and leave the losers to be with their own and deal with it.

I'm sure Mr. Kraft and the Maras and Co. will share a glass and toast a great game and his late wife, later and in private.

Moments like that should be in private, leave the public stuff to the winners.

I've never been a Patriot hater, I remember when they were a joke of a ball club.

Belichick (still one of ours IMHO) and Mr. Kraft have built a dynasty, they'll be back and will win again.

That moment was for New York and us, leave a classy guy alone media.

Sundown
02-06-2012, 12:21 AM
I didn't see it. the only person i like seeing crushed in Jerry Jones

Harooni

wow way to spoil the class act thing i said about our own fans.

rainierjef
sad that he had to lose his wife but such is life. i know wives that lose their husbands a lot sooner than should be expected. his lose is shared by the many that lost this year alone.

sorry for your loss but my heart is with the troops that were lost and the funeral that i have to do as n honor guard member.

sorry for the downer message but i fell we need to realize just cause you own a franchise doesn't make your pain greater than any others.

GO GIANTS!

GiantWarfare
02-06-2012, 12:22 AM
didnt feel anything.

How many children starved to death while you guys were feeling sorry for a billionaire because his team lost a football game?

cmon bro, lets keep this in the realm of football which im sure Kraft is a part of...

as fans of the NY Giants, headed by the classy Mara and Tisch families, there's nothing wrong w/ feeling bad at seeing the classy Bob Kraft suffer an obviosuly crushing loss in the biggest game of the year, in a season that was dedicated to his late wife on behalf of his team...especially when the season actually happening was mostly due to both John Mara and Bob Kraft...

Lets not make this anthing more than what it is...

I felt bad, not quite as bad as how happy i am that we won this friggin superbowl so lets leave it at that...

WE WON THE **** SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

younggiant
02-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I felt a twinge of pain for him.* I respect him as I do our own, but then I remembered we won the SB and it passed.
This.
I felt bad for him, but reality kicked back in that we just won the freakin Super Bowl lol. just iagine if we loat...we would of looked just like he did

kkr
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
I missed the shot and im glad. The interview before the game ( i think its a few weeks old) with Robert in talking about losing his sweetheart and the ride their team was on was inspiring. ven though i as so desperate for us to win.

Vince Wilfork deserves huge props because he carried that horrible defense and they played a super game on the biggest stage. MHK would be proud, i kind of thought that they might have snuk it out because of her, im glad we won but that NE team deserves huge respect for honouring her memory so well. Losing would have sucked, but for the PATs they should hold their head high for honouring MHK so well this season. Respect to the PATs and their family.

Kraft and Mara, without them no season. Respect those families, NFL ELITE!

swordfish
You need some serious help.

giantyankee1976
No need to show what was, essentially a hugely private moment.

Big problem with the modern day world media, they want the "reaction shot".

It's a sad fact of life, well not sad, no, a fact of life, when great sporting drama unfolds there's a winner and a loser.
Get the camera on the winner (unless the loser is Jerry Jones) and leave the losers to be with their own and deal with it.

I'm sure Mr. Kraft and the Maras and Co. will share a glass and toast a great game and his late wife, later and in private.

Moments like that should be in private, leave the public stuff to the winners.

I've never been a Patriot hater, I remember when they were a joke of a ball club.

Belichick (still one of ours IMHO) and Mr. Kraft have built a dynasty, they'll be back and will win again.

That moment was for New York and us, leave a classy guy alone media.

+1

I didn't see it. the only person i like seeing crushed in Jerry Jones

100% agree, him and Eagirls fans

Roxersboxers
02-06-2012, 12:26 AM
I didnt even see what happened. Was he crying or something?

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 12:28 AM

yeah. didn't like that.

also didn't know what there was to gain by showing it.

emotionally the guy's hoping for a win the year of his wife's death.

that wasn't the look on the face of an owner who lost the superbowl, that's the look of a husband who was hoping to finish a symbolic gesture to make himself and his family feel better.

i didn't need to see that.

Gmen2005
02-06-2012, 12:31 AM
it was tough to see, but it had to happen to one team.

Giant stuck in Texas
02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Do us a favor and pretend it's 2-01-12 and get the F off our boards, you classless dbag.

redjersies
02-06-2012, 12:37 AM
I really feel for the man. He is very classy and had a rough year losing his wife. You are right, a little taste and discretion would have been the wiser decisionby not showing him. +1 Mr. Kraft is a classy man and I offer him condolences. If it wasn't us, I would have rooted the Pats for this reason only.</P>

+2</P>

I agree! This year, the Patriots were very classy, and Mr. Kraft has always been that way when Ihave seen him. I am also sorry to see that his wife passed. The Patriots had a great season, though, and they can dedicate that in memory of Mrs. Kraft.</P>

P_Simms_#11
02-06-2012, 12:38 AM

yeah. didn't like that.

that wasn't the look on the face of an owner who lost the superbowl, that's the look of a husband who was hoping to finish a symbolic gesture to make himself and his family feel better.

Well said.

Bluesmagoo
02-06-2012, 12:44 AM
That was a rough few seconds. I had to look away. I feel for Mr. Kraft.

BigBlue121
02-06-2012, 12:46 AM
i was just telling my wife the same thing. it kind of took away my smile. She felt horrible

JMFP2
02-06-2012, 12:52 AM
yeah. didn't like that. also didn't know what there was to gain by showing it. emotionally the guy's hoping for a win the year of his wife's death. that wasn't the look on the face of an owner who lost the superbowl, that's the look of a husband who was hoping to finish a symbolic gesture to make himself and his family feel better. i didn't need to see that.</P>

</P>

It was definitely a tough shot....but I don't think it was done in poor taste.</P>

Instead, it was a pretty moving scene, as evidenced by the reactions in this thread. </P>

It was clearly a powerful shot, and I thinkNBC coveredit from the perspective of both teams and their fanbases.</P>

MaCkTiC
02-06-2012, 01:09 AM
KICK ROCKS :)

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Did anybody cry for the 2005 Giants when they lost Wellington Mara and Bob Tisch within 3 weeks of each other and didn't win the Super Bowl?

GOBIGBLUE52
02-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Did anybody cry for the 2005 Giants when they lost Wellington Mara and Bob Tisch within 3 weeks of each other and didn't win the Super Bowl?

No, but I DO know there were a LOT of teams paying their respects immediately after both of them died.

Furthermore, we didn't make it that year, so there wasn't really a chance for an NBC camera to zoom in on Ann Mara in the owners box.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I felt really bad for him. His look was just one of so much pain. If I were the Maras, I would have gone over to his box and hugged the guy or something. IDK (apparently they are good friends)

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 02:20 AM
pretty sad , but is it wrong to want to have a gif of it?

i actually would lke to see a clip or still frame of it to see what i missed. i was too busy hugging my pops and celebrating with giant nation

GreenZone
02-06-2012, 02:31 AM

Please, stop spewing your envy on this thread. Who could not feel for Mr. Kraft? He's a lot classier than the Boston sports radio and most of the teams' fans, and certainly NBC at that moment.

Perhaps we ought to work, as Giants fans, on some kind of petition demanding an apology from NBC Sports?

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 03:19 AM

Please, stop spewing your envy on this thread. Who could not feel for Mr. Kraft? He's a lot classier than the Boston sports radio and most of the teams' fans, and certainly NBC at that moment.

Perhaps we ought to work, as Giants fans, on some kind of petition demanding an apology from NBC Sports?

LOL, an apology? For what?

I have nothing against Kraft, I just don't think he deserves my pity. I'm very sorry that he lost his wife but the camera wasn't showing his reaction to his wife's death, it was showing his reaction to a football team he owns losing. If you really want to stick it to NBC I think putting LMFAO on national television was a lot more tasteless.

davecrazy
02-06-2012, 03:20 AM
is there video of this anywhere? I havent seen it.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 03:24 AM
yeah. didn't like that. also didn't know what there was to gain by showing it. emotionally the guy's hoping for a win the year of his wife's death. that wasn't the look on the face of an owner who lost the superbowl, that's the look of a husband who was hoping to finish a symbolic gesture to make himself and his family feel better. i didn't need to see that.</P>

*</P>

It was definitely a tough shot....but I don't think it was done in poor taste.</P>

Instead, it was a pretty moving scene, as evidenced by the reactions in this thread.* </P>

It was clearly a powerful shot, and I think*NBC covered*it from the perspective of both teams and their fanbases.</P>

i'm too old fashioned.

i think that's what tv execs say to make themselves feel good about broadcasting something like that.

i don't need to see how Kraft looks when he realizes his team came so close to giving his family something that would have meant alot more than a championship.

i get the other side of it too, it was tastefully done, but just because we can do something, even tastefully, doesn't mean we should.

RagTime Blue
02-06-2012, 03:25 AM
I agree that it was difficult to watch something like that, but at the same time, I'm going to play the hypocrisy card on the members here. . .

If that was Jerry Jones, there'd be gifs of it already in peoples sigs.

Granted, Kraft is not Jones. . .but if you're going to show the agony of defeat on the part of owners, it's either right or wrong. . .not right for some and wrong for others.

MaCkTiC
02-06-2012, 03:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBX0oXG4Ba0

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 03:31 AM

No, but I DO know there were a LOT of teams paying their respects immediately after both of them died.

Furthermore, we didn't make it that year, so there wasn't really a chance for an NBC camera to zoom in on Ann Mara in the owners box.
I think they did nothing wrong and showed that he is a real decent man to have emotions about his wife.

scoopscj
02-06-2012, 03:51 AM
My smile was turned to a heart felt frown as I watched Mr. Kraft look to the heavens and I'm sure he was thinking about his late wife.

Shame on NBC for televising his grief. It's ok to see Jerry Jones stew in his press box because it is just him but an entirely different story when it comes to mourning a loved one.

NBC... you dropped the ball on this one. Mr. Kraft is a decent human being who was a pinnacle reason why there was an NFL season this year, a great owner, and a loving husband. NBC should have had done better.

I
AM
DISSAPPOINT

as they say.

Scoops

TheBookOfEli
02-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Just saw his reaction. I usually never feel bad for Billionaires but some Billionaires are human and Robert Kraft is one of them.

The man is a stand up guy and he is well respected. It was a heart breaking moment to see how motionless he was.

He'll be fine though.

giantyankee1976
02-06-2012, 08:33 AM
I agree that it was difficult to watch something like that, but at the same time, I'm going to play the hypocrisy card on the members here. . .

If that was Jerry Jones, there'd be gifs of it already in peoples sigs.

Granted, Kraft is not Jones. . .but if you're going to show the agony of defeat on the part of owners, it's either right or wrong. . .not right for some and wrong for others.

oh no, not hypocrisy.

Mr. Kraft is light years ahead of the boasting, arrogant, self-endorsing of a braggadocio JJ.

JJ selected us to be his first "victim" in the christening of Giants Stadium South.

Mr. Kraft on the other hand had 2 real motivations to wanting to beat us, the 1st was '07, the 2nd was FAR MORE MEANINGFUL than JJ's feather in his cap win over us.

His deceased Wife and a sense of closure, be it poetic or symbolic was what he truly desired.

JJ is no Bob Kraft. No way, no how.

that punk *** kid shoved that little girl...

GCGiant
02-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't know why they showed it. I guess it just proves that people just can't help themselves. If there is a huge wreck on the freeway...people are going to slow down to get a peek. Just human nature and the only reason I can think of that NBC would feel the urge to put that shot on national TV.

Seeing a shot of JJ digustingly picking his nose as his team chokes away another playoff game is much more entertaining because we don't have to feel sorry for the guy...we can just hate.

PhilaGiant83
02-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Robert Kraft grew up a NY Giants fan, and has a lot of respect for this organization. I knew someone that did an internship under him in Boston. Told me a lot of great stories, and how he actually cared about his coworkers.

krygny
02-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I wish instead, they had shown Jerry Jones.

Wherever TF he was.

gumby742
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
i wish they hadn't shown that.

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
My heart does go out to him. I agree NBC should not have shown that shot.

stormblue
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
i can understand everyone feeling sad for him for the loss of his wife , as do i but that was way back before the season started.
last night he lost a football game , not his wife.

and the media showing the reaction of the losing team's players and fans and coaches and owners is always done.its not bad taste on NBC's part.
the team was playing and dedicating this season to MHK , its on their jerseys and promoted by Kraft himself in the media.
he knew the cameras would be on him.

all NBC did was show the end of the story.

Robert Kraft was the one who put his wife out there in public to be a martyr for this years Patriots season.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/30273785/detail.html

as you can see ; it's different when they win , he thanks the media and calls attention to it.

we all feel for the loss of his wife....( my wife passed on Jan 7th of this year , so i know exactly how it feels) but relating it to the mere loss of a football game and attacking NBC is just wrong.

scf424
02-06-2012, 11:02 AM
That was really tough to watch. Yeesh.

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 11:09 AM

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! Me and my friend were talking about how they kept talking about his wife all week.....not that we didnt have any respect but we just didnt want too see it anymore because we were rooting against him..... then that shot of him was so sad man..... and they dragged it man just dragged it....made me feel bad

sg92
02-06-2012, 11:21 AM

I'm thinking Peyton did not want to be in the spotlight last night, so opted not to show in person.

Condolences to Mr. Kraft. He is a great owner, and by all accounts a great guy. It's great to see the genuine love that the Pats players feel for him and his late wife Myra.

miked1958
02-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes I agree I dont mind seeing Jerry Jones suffer.. As much as I was elated in the win, I did not enjoy seeing him suffer. Tasteless on NBC's part. He didn't deserve that. And may his sweet wife rest in peace and him be able to get some sort of comfort losing his soulmate.

As far as the guy pushing that girl.. Unreal. Both Pats fans in that box. No reason to push any fan though regardless of who they root for. She could of got hurt

giantyankee1976
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
....( my wife passed on Jan 7th of this year , so i know exactly how it feels)

YOU have my condolences and sympathy

Markroman
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
That was one awkward moment. Not sure what NBC had in mind.

All they seemed to care about was promoting the voice.

Cindy in INdy
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
*I wanted to shed a tear for the guy. To be honest, NBC shoulda let him have that private moment.

I dunno, I watched SB XLII again and the way he got up before the Tyree catch and was tucking his shirt in and just standing up like, it's so over, it comes back to haunt...

Delicreep
02-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Here's the thing: Kraft, the team, the networks, and to some degree the league made that aspect of Kraft life public, and to a high degree the teams rally point.

Had they won...it would have been a major part of the coverage post game.

That brief clip was the minimum that any network could have shown after making it such a focus for so much of the season.

NY_Eli
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I wish instead, they had shown Jerry Jones.

Wherever TF he was.

LOL I agree 100%, his looks are priceless

NYG 5
02-06-2012, 08:30 PM

thats it? thats what everyone feels bad about? i thought he would be laying on the coffee table, with his head buried in his arms, catatonic.

he looks like any fan who watched their team be unable to keep their lead and drive down the field to win the game.

i think he's taking it rather well. jerry jones always looks like he's trying to melt somebody's brain with his mind

ToomerFORtheBomb
02-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Classless? I don't know. It's pretty standard to show the reaction of the losing owners every year.

May his wife rest in peace but I have to say there are a million people I will feel bad for first before I feel bad for a billionaire owner of a professional sports team.

I'm sorry that's just the way I feel. I will feel sorry for parents who lost a son and daughter in Iraq, kids with cancer, someone who becomes paralyzed. But Kraft? He is way down on the list.

Burgermiesta
02-06-2012, 08:48 PM
I totally agree with you on that....

swimeasy
02-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Not sure that video is a good illustration- seems a bit shaky. I noticed it live and Mr Kraft was clearly looking up as if you could tell he was thinking of Myra at that moment. It was very touching. I trust Myra and Wellington watched the game together.

NYgiants141
02-06-2012, 10:08 PM

thats it? thats what everyone feels bad about? i thought he would be laying on the coffee table, with his head buried in his arms, catatonic.

he looks like any fan who watched their team be unable to keep their lead and drive down the field to win the game.

i think he's taking it rather well. jerry jones always looks like he's trying to melt somebody's brain with his mind

nah it was a littlle more than that...

that is just the end, his jaw dropped and he just looked stunned.

NYfanatic
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
My grandmother died and was a huge giants fan. But she doesnt matter as only the krafts will matter. So by your guys perspectives the pats should of won since a rich classless owners wife died?

Tony Bruno
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM

yeah. didn't like that.

Yeah I'm with you... Kinda crappy by broadcast co. Jerry jones is one thing...

Tony Bruno
02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
My grandmother died and was a huge giants fan. But she doesnt matter as only the krafts will matter. So by your guys perspectives the pats should of won since a rich classless owners wife died?

No they are saying that putting the camera on him at that venerable moment was crappy... That's all...

NYfanatic
02-06-2012, 10:53 PM

No they are saying that putting the camera on him at that venerable moment was crappy... That's all...
I heard people saying it was sad they lost since they were playing for mara.
Like the pats were entitled to win the bowl for that Sole reason.

swimeasy
02-06-2012, 11:05 PM

First and foremost, my condolences for your loss. Of course your grandmother matters and you have paid her a touching tribute in mentioning her here as a huge Giants fan.

This really has nothing to do with who won. That is what it is and the Giants
won fair and square. It also has nothing to do with anyone's financial
situation. It's more of having compassion for a man who is obviously grieving the
loss of his wife who was very involved with the Patriot team, knew players personally and will be missed by the organization and fanbase. Giant fans have great affection for the Maras in particular, and this is no different.

giantsfan39
02-07-2012, 02:22 AM
After Mara , kraft is the best owner imo. He played a big role in even ensuring we had football this season. He deserved privacy after his team lost. Anyone who disagrees is a moron.

giantsfan39
02-07-2012, 02:24 AM
A. Kraft isn't classless.
B. No one said the Pats should have won because his wife died.

He doesn't deserve a win because his wife died. But he deserves privacy after an emotional loss. It isn't that hard to just leave the man alone. It is common sense.

Bleu
02-07-2012, 02:34 AM

Same...broke my heart. Dude is a class act and knowing what this season meant to him after losing his wife. Sucks it had to be us...AGAIN.

bansaw
02-07-2012, 02:45 AM
I didnt see it, and that video doesnt show me anything other than some teenage dude slapping an ***

I do remember seeing the Giants box celebration though, I must have looked away for some high 5's

TrueBlue10
02-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Kraft seems like a truly classy guy. Much more so than certain other members of that organization. So, yes, I felt really bad for him and that it was a bad move on NBC's part.

I wish there was some way we, as Giants fans, could get a note to him saying something like "sorry, nothing personal, our condolences" or something to that effect.

Bing Crosby
02-07-2012, 05:45 AM

"rich classeless owner"?? Stop being a hater of the successful man. Mr. Kraft did more then anyone in the billionaire's club to forge a deal and bring us fans the NFL season on schedule. I'm thankful that he was at the bargaining table.

When you saw it live you saw his eyes move up towards the heavens and the pain on his face. It was obvious that he was thinking of his dead wife. This entire season was about her for him, it was the main thing the media harped on about when they talked to him. For a split second millions of men and women recognized the pain of loss in another human being, and for someone who just lost a loved one who was a huge fan of our team you most of all should understand that. "Classless" come on man wisen up.

I'm glad it happened. I dreamed and hoped it would happen for two weeks just like the rest of you guys did, I was cheering as loud as I could after we had one it. But seriously if you couldn't feel the sense of pain for a man who basically was trying to use this season as a tribute for his dead wife then idk what kind of person you are.

Some of you guys and your jealousy of the rich and successful, just come on man. I'm ecstatic we won, but I could still recognize the pain in another human being. The fact that he is rich doesn't change that fact. Not every billionaire is the devil incarnate.

Just come on man. Stop with the class warfare garbage.

Razur
02-07-2012, 09:50 AM

I saw the same thing. I was so digusted, that I went onto the Pats MB and posted a msg that the Giants fans take no pleasure in celebrating a SB win at the expense of Mr Kraft, who is still in mourning for his beloved wife. NBC should be ashamed of itself. Exploiting this decent man. A dirty cheap tabloid stunt. Here is the post on their board :
RazurBlaydz
First: 2/6/2012
Last: 2/6/2012
razurblaydz
Badges:
Mr Kraft.I am a long time Giants fan. I want to first express my deepest condolences to you, your family,the Patriots Organization and to you loyalfans , on the loss of your loving wife . I know this comes late, but something happened last night during the broadcast of the Super Bowl,that i want you all to know I was appalled as a viewer to witness.

Mr Kraft, as any follower of the NFL, we know all to well what you have done this year to help get our players and team owners along with Commisoner Goodell, get the game back on track for the 2011 season. Mr.Mara of the NY Giants,worked with you to get this accoplished and the fact that you both reached the prize game togeteher is nothing but poetic justice. Thank you sir.

I now want to address something I witnessed post game. Shortlty after the game ended, and the NBC Networks was flipping back and forth to the field chaos, and celebrations of the Giants stafff , team and fans, one of the NBC Commentators, Al Michaels I believe,said.."We would like to show the expression on Bob Krafts face at the moment the Patriots lost the game"..and they broadcasted a camera shot of you sir. watching the Hail Marym and then they locked on you. Sir, I have to tell you, as a Giants fan I took no pleasure, in seeing you disappointed. As a matter of fact I was furious that your privacy was violated and that moment, and ended with a comment that Bob Kraft lost his wife earlier this year. Mr.Kraft, I and millions of others know that your team had dedicated their season to your beloved wife, and that she was in your mind at that moment, and sir although I was deep into the celebration of my team winning the game,as I would hope you understand, I feel this was totally out of line by NBC, to exploit your griefm and try and combine that with the loss of your team to the Giants in the Super Bowl. I am not sure if you will understand, but to publicly state that at the time of millions of people celebrating a sports event, presented and image of many people who cared nothhing for you or your losses, but that the "party"and trophy were all that mattered. Mr Kraft, I do celebrate in my teams victory, it is certainly not at your expense.

NBC should be ashamed of itself. For exploiting you,and sensationalizing the moment with such polar opposite human reactions to the same moment. It was in my opinion, a cheap tab-loid journalistic trick. I wish you healing Mr Kraft, I have deep respect for what you have doine for the New England team and its fans and for the NFL as a whole. You bring class and integrity to a National Sport that has grown now to be enjoyed world-wide and enjoyed by billions , because of owners like you.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Classless? I don't know. It's pretty standard to show the reaction of the losing owners every year.

May his wife rest in peace but I have to say there are a million people I will feel bad for first before I feel bad for a billionaire owner of a professional sports team.

I'm sorry that's just the way I feel. I will feel sorry for parents who lost a son and daughter in Iraq, kids with cancer, someone who becomes paralyzed. But Kraft? He is way down on the list.

Agreed. I see JJ everytime we play the Cowboys. Not sure why this is so different. I mean I feel for the guy but not sure whats up with all the venom towards NBC/NFL over it. I think alot of these guys are reaching a bit for something that isn't there.

Razur
02-07-2012, 10:06 AM

Agreed. I see JJ everytime we play the Cowboys. Not sure why this is so different. I mean I feel for the guy but not sure whats up with all the venom towards NBC/NFL over it. I think alot of these guys are reaching a bit for something that isn't there.

Isn't there? Or maybe more like something your incabable of seeing?

krankeybluechick
02-07-2012, 10:15 AM
didnt feel anything.

What does starving children have to do with this conversation?? Billionaire or not he is one of the good guys who just lost his wife to cancer. You are truly classless.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Isn't there? Or maybe more like something your incabable of seeing?

Or maybe you like drama?

It's THE SUPERBOWL! Of course they're gonna show the freakin owner after the loss. Not to mention you guys act like she passed away last week. Sorry, not the case and NBC did nothing out of the ordinary.

Edit** Actually let me add one more thing to that. Them showing him with some amount of emotion serves him and his image well for people who assume he's just a cold hearted old rich guy.

FLNYGFAN
02-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I felt very sad watching that reaction. Can't believe NBC would even think to show that, especially for that long.

patsrule666
02-07-2012, 10:43 AM
yeah, i dont think if the pats won there would be "that shot of Mara was devastating"
Think again..If Mr Mara went through what Mr Kraft did this season, i know at least 5-10 people just in my small neck of the woods that would have felt for him..Most are older Pats fans that were Giants fans years ago...I know a bunch of Pats fans, including myself, that wrote letters to Peyton Manning earlier this year telling him to get well and hurry back..Just the other day, i wrote a letter to Mr Tomlin from the Steelers....

Bing Crosby
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Look I'm going to say this as clearly as I can.

1. I don't blame NBC for showing it. Mr Kraft is a public figure who knows what that entails. So for those of you saying "NBC has a right to do it", I agree with you. It's disrespectful, but every owner knows what they are getting into.

2.With that said I really felt for the guy. The man pushed for this season as tribute to his wife. His team made this season a tribute to his wife, because of the affect she had on them. Anyone who has lost a loved one should be able to emphasize with that. What you saw with his body language was an opening of that wound again. It was obvious that for him this "tribute season" was a part of the healing process, and they didn't win, and you could see the pain that it caused him.

3. For the few individuals who are basically saying "he's rich the hell with him", I don't understand you. I don't understand how you are so callus or have so many personal issues that you can't for a moment empathize with another human being. That you couldn't see the pain in the man's face and understand it for a second predominately because of his bank account and estate's value? I'm sorry but it's despicable and you should reflect on your values a bit.

Mr. Kraft isn't a monster. The man made his money with paper and packaging, not selling arms to third world countries. The anger some of you are expressing towards him simply because he is rich, is just beyond my understanding. This man more then any other single owner helped start the season on time, and helped create a contract that will be in place for a decade. I don't get the hatred towards the man, especially since his supposed "crime" is that he is a success in life. Here I thought we lived in a country that still admired success.

4. And finally with all that said I'm glad it happened, and I'm ecstatic the G-Men won, but I still felt for the guy. I guess that's an odd opinion to have for a few of you.

easterbeast
02-07-2012, 10:50 AM
after reading these posts.......im just reminded that we as giant fans are the class of the NFL

patsrule666
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM

I saw the same thing. I was so digusted, that I went onto the Pats MB and posted a msg that the Giants fans take no pleasure in celebrating a SB win at the expense of Mr Kraft, who is still in mourning for his beloved wife. NBC should be ashamed of itself. Exploiting this decent man. A dirty cheap tabloid stunt. Here is the post on their board :
RazurBlaydz
First: 2/6/2012
Last: 2/6/2012
razurblaydz
Badges:
Mr Kraft.I am a long time Giants fan. I want to first express my deepest condolences to you, your family,the Patriots Organization and to you loyalfans , on the loss of your loving wife . I know this comes late, but something happened last night during the broadcast of the Super Bowl,that i want you all to know I was appalled as a viewer to witness.

Mr Kraft, as any follower of the NFL, we know all to well what you have done this year to help get our players and team owners along with Commisoner Goodell, get the game back on track for the 2011 season. Mr.Mara of the NY Giants,worked with you to get this accoplished and the fact that you both reached the prize game togeteher is nothing but poetic justice. Thank you sir.

I now want to address something I witnessed post game. Shortlty after the game ended, and the NBC Networks was flipping back and forth to the field chaos, and celebrations of the Giants stafff , team and fans, one of the NBC Commentators, Al Michaels I believe,said.."We would like to show the expression on Bob Krafts face at the moment the Patriots lost the game"..and they broadcasted a camera shot of you sir. watching the Hail Marym and then they locked on you. Sir, I have to tell you, as a Giants fan I took no pleasure, in seeing you disappointed. As a matter of fact I was furious that your privacy was violated and that moment, and ended with a comment that Bob Kraft lost his wife earlier this year. Mr.Kraft, I and millions of others know that your team had dedicated their season to your beloved wife, and that she was in your mind at that moment, and sir although I was deep into the celebration of my team winning the game,as I would hope you understand, I feel this was totally out of line by NBC, to exploit your griefm and try and combine that with the loss of your team to the Giants in the Super Bowl. I am not sure if you will understand, but to publicly state that at the time of millions of people celebrating a sports event, presented and image of many people who cared nothhing for you or your losses, but that the "party"and trophy were all that mattered. Mr Kraft, I do celebrate in my teams victory, it is certainly not at your expense.

NBC should be ashamed of itself. For exploiting you,and sensationalizing the moment with such polar opposite human reactions to the same moment. It was in my opinion, a cheap tab-loid journalistic trick. I wish you healing Mr Kraft, I have deep respect for what you have doine for the New England team and its fans and for the NFL as a whole. You bring class and integrity to a National Sport that has grown now to be enjoyed world-wide and enjoyed by billions , because of owners like you.That was very nice of you sir...Put this on paper and send it to- One Patriot Place Foxborough, Ma. and i guareentee that you will see why i think he is the greatest thing that ever happened to our team..He does read his mail....

jhamburg
02-07-2012, 11:19 AM
didnt feel anything.

What does starving children have to do with this conversation?? Billionaire or not he is one of the good guys who just lost his wife to cancer. You are truly classless.

He didn't just lose his wife to cancer, he lost his wife to cancer last year. He just lost the super bowl, that's what he was reacting to. You guys are acting like the jumbotron just showed the news of his wife's death or something.

krygny
02-07-2012, 11:33 AM
didnt feel anything.

This is the new fascism. Historically, fascist propaganda is populist rhetoric used to pit the majority of the population against a villified minority. Usually an ethnic or religious minority. In this case it's rich people. The message is that they are rich at your expense. You would be doing better if they weren't doing so well. They have become rich by nefarious and insidious means and you are suffering, as a result. So, you should hate and resent rich people simply because they are rich.

It's the new bigotry. The new fascism, if you haven't recognized it by now.

BleedNYblue
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM

I do not post much on this website despite being a Giants fan, but that was true b.s. Let us see what would happen, God forbid if something happened to a member NBC's family. How about the NBC president. You know video tape everything and put it on Youtube. It would be a whole different issue then. They should change it to NCB. No Class Broadcasting.

swimeasy
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
didnt feel anything. Just because his wife died doesnt mean his football team is better.wow your a nice guy eh

This is the new fascism. Historically, fascist propaganda is populist rhetoric used to pit the majority of the population against a villified minority. Usually an ethnic or religious minority. In this case it's rich people. The message is that they are rich at your expense. You would be doing better if they weren't doing so well. They have become rich by nefarious and insidious means and you are suffering, as a result. So, you should hate and resent rich people simply because they are rich.

</P>

Well said and that was my take as well. A sense of humanity is obviously a casuality of the devisiveness. Truly sad. </P>

BleedNYblue
02-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Look I'm going to say this as clearly as I can.

1. I don't blame NBC for showing it. Mr Kraft is a public figure who knows what that entails. So for those of you saying "NBC has a right to do it", I agree with you. It's disrespectful, but every owner knows what they are getting into.

2.With that said I really felt for the guy. The man pushed for this season as tribute to his wife. His team made this season a tribute to his wife, because of the affect she had on them. Anyone who has lost a loved one should be able to emphasize with that. What you saw with his body language was an opening of that wound again. It was obvious that for him this "tribute season" was a part of the healing process, and they didn't win, and you could see the pain that it caused him.

3. For the few individuals who are basically saying "he's rich the hell with him", I don't understand you. I don't understand how you are so callus or have so many personal issues that you can't for a moment empathize with another human being. That you couldn't see the pain in the man's face and understand it for a second predominately because of his bank account and estate's value? I'm sorry but it's despicable and you should reflect on your values a bit.

Mr. Kraft isn't a monster. The man made his money with paper and packaging, not selling arms to third world countries. The anger some of you are expressing towards him simply because he is rich, is just beyond my understanding. This man more then any other single owner helped start the season on time, and helped create a contract that will be in place for a decade. I don't get the hatred towards the man, especially since his supposed "crime" is that he is a success in life. Here I thought we lived in a country that still admired success.

4. And finally with all that said I'm glad it happened, and I'm ecstatic the G-Men won, but I still felt for the guy. I guess that's an odd opinion to have for a few of you.

Just out of curiosity, would they have shown Jerry Jones of the Cowboys God forbid it happened to his wife. They show Jones picking his nose. Everyone knows NBC are Cowboy lover, would they show him or give him privacy? Not trying to start anything, just trying to convey privacy during a time like this.

jhamburg
02-07-2012, 12:14 PM
didnt feel anything. Just because his wife died doesnt mean his football team is better.wow your a nice guy eh

</P>

Well said and that was my take as well. A sense of humanity is obviously a casuality of the devisiveness. Truly sad. </P>

I have no idea WTF you guys are talking about. Kraft can have all the money he wants, I could care less good for him. I'm just saying I'm not going to feel sorry for him cause he lost a football game, there's other people to feel sorry for.

Razur
02-07-2012, 12:18 PM

</P>

I have no idea WTF you guys are talking about. Kraft can have all the money he wants, I could care less good for him. I'm just saying I'm not going to feel sorry for him cause he lost a football game, there's other people to feel sorry for.

"I have no idea WTF you guys are talking about"

Pretty much sums it up.

Bing Crosby
02-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, would they have shown Jerry Jones of the Cowboys God forbid it happened to his wife. They show Jones picking his nose. Everyone knows NBC are Cowboy lover, would they show him or give him privacy? Not trying to start anything, just trying to convey privacy during a time like this.

Would they? I'd assume so. Look I don't like the fact that they showed it, but when your a public figure it's to be expected.

Appliancgeek
02-07-2012, 05:21 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/426521_10150520377836386_660731385_9365309_6299206 30_n.jpg

Too soon?

BiGbLuEJeW
02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Any one have any screen shots?