12-04-2011, 08:01 PM
that stinks when the Giants go 6-10!!

Brandon jacobs
12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
If we beat the Cowboys twice ...

9-7 will win the Division.

This is very doable.

Lets Go Giants !!!

Not with our DC. Fewell was quoted as saying (according the FOX announcer(s)) as saying we don't have the talent for man to man coverage.

I say Fewell is scared ****less either way

TopleyBird
12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Actually, 10-6 is gonna win the division... 4 game win streak starts next week.

bleedinblue27
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
7-9 I think we can beat the Jets........I hope!

britishblue2
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM
+1

danishGiant
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Maybe you should change your nickname on the board. I really don't believe it.

britishblue2
12-08-2011, 07:01 AM

Maybe you should change your nickname on the board. I really don't believe it. +1

njersey
12-08-2011, 08:15 AM
+1

Yes

repeatchamps
12-08-2011, 09:37 AM
If we beat the Cowboys twice ... 9-7 will win the Division. This is very doable. Lets Go Giants !!!

Not with our DC. Fewell was quoted as saying (according the FOX announcer(s)) as saying we don't have the talent for man to man coverage.

</P>

Yup and that is causing me to remain concerned about their chances. Dallas has a solid defense, 2nd best one they'll play all year behind the 49ers. If the Giants offense is held down in any way by an improved Dallas defense&amp; Fewell continues with his philosophy, the Giants aredead meat. Our only hope is Fewell changes it up calls blitzes (and disguisesit welltoo), plays some pressman and zone mixesso they canhit Romo mercilessly and confuse him, slow down their WR'sas well as shut down their new found run game. History has shown that this is the best way to beat Romo and limit their offense.</P>

BlueJayC
12-08-2011, 09:50 AM
If we beat the Cowboys twice ... 9-7 will win the Division. This is very doable. Lets Go Giants !!!

</P>

Yup and that is causing me to remain concerned about their chances. Dallas has a solid defense, 2nd best one they'll play all year behind the 49ers. If the Giants offense is held down in any way by an improved Dallas defense&amp; Fewell continues with his philosophy, the Giants aredead meat. Our only hope is Fewell changes it up calls blitzes (and disguisesit welltoo), plays some pressman and zone mixesso they canhit Romo mercilessly and confuse him, slow down their WR'sas well as shut down their new found run game. History has shown that this is the best way to beat Romo and limit their offense.</P>

</P>

One of the most accurate posts I've read on here......100% in agreement.....</P>

repeatchamps
12-08-2011, 09:57 AM

</P>

</P>

One of the most accurate posts I've read on here......100% in agreement.....</P>

</P>

Much appreciated and here's some more in depth details regarding the Dallas defense and what I think the Giants offense has to try and exploit, I posted this yesterday here:</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/2/2364601/ShowThread.aspx (/forums/2/2364601/ShowThread.aspx)</P>

The biggest concern for me actually is the fact that without questionthis will be the best defense they've faced this year save for the 49ers. With the Giants struggles on defense, they need the offense to put up points, this is not an easy defense to play against. Rob Ryan has for the most part done a solid job with this group all season long. I'm not a big stats guy but here's a brekadown:</P>

<U>Defensive rankings Dallas Cowboys</U>:</P>

Yards/game: 11th</P>

Points/game: 10th</P>

TD's against: Only 23 (Giants have given up 33)</P>

Pass Defense Yards/game: 14th</P>

Pass TD's Against: 12th</P>

Sacks:2nd only to Baltimore for the most</P>

Plays over 40 Yards Passing: 4th fewest</P>

Int's: 11th most</P>

Rush Defense Yards/rush: 9th 4.2/carry</P>

Rush Defense Yards/game: 9th 100.5</P>

Rushing TD's: tied for 8th w/ 3 other teams which is behind 4 teams tied for 4th(only 7 given up, one behind 4th which is 6 given up)</P>

Longest run against: 11th, just one for 40 yards</P>

20 Yard Runs against: 5th least</P>

Penalties against &amp; Penalty Yards against (was a big issue for their defense in the past, not anymore): 3rd, 1stlowest respectively</P>

Time of Possession against 13th</P>

Fumbles Forced: 11th with 16 but only have recovered 8 of them which is 22nd.</P>

<U>Most Exploitable</U>:</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Plays over 20 Yards Passing: 20th with 40 such plays given up:</FONT> Ballard, Cruz, Nicks, Marioand even Barden must exploit this at opportune times by working that 20 - 40 yard area of the field like they have done so well all year</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Yards/play: 16th at 5.5/play: <FONT color=#000000>Eli must be patient and work the underneatharea with checkdownsto the backs &amp; the TE's and then take his shots in that aforementined 20-40 yard range. The backsneed to average around that 4.2/carry Dallas gives up when it is a running play.</FONT></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Opposing Completion Percentage: 19th:</FONT> It is given that Eli always needs to be sharp but he must maintain focus and be accurate and true with his throws which he most certainly has been more than not this season. Dallasseems toallow you to catch it but they must be limiting the YAC. We get some YAC from the guys catching the ball it will be a huge bonus as it always is.</P>

I'll also mention that if we can coerce some bad penalties by playing firey and aggressive on offense and punching the defense in the mouth by being physicalit's a bonus as Dallas just doesn't do the bad defensive penalty this season. Props to Rob Ryan for fixing what was aglaring issue but at the end of the day they still have several boneheaded, prima donna, smallish, unphysicalsoftieson that side of the ball as in past seasons (can you say the lingering stench of Wade Phillips? lol)so this would be the time to coax that old undiscplined play out of them by frustrating them with physical offense.</P>

Red Dog
12-08-2011, 07:01 PM
and then what?

britishblue2
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
and then what? Well after seeing us go toe to toe with the Packers, Patriots and 49ers...anything is possible...anything !!

britishblue2
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
and then what? Well after seeing us go toe to toe with the Packers, Patriots and 49ers...anything is possible...anything !!

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
and then what? Well after seeing us go toe to toe with the Packers, Patriots and 49ers...anything is possible...anything !!This why I pirate in Beer.[:D] PM me you too can be like this.