PDA

View Full Version : The day Eli turned me on.....

Harooni
02-05-2012, 11:07 PM
...to believing he had it in him. Was the day he grabbed Bradshaw by the face mask.

what was the day for some of you other fans?

slipknottin
02-05-2012, 11:08 PM
ummmmmmm

LOL

FBomb
02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow....great question. I like your answer so i am going with that one.[:D]

GmenFan1980
Tyree Catch http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

calzonesays
i hope the OP is female

lnp12
...to believing he had it in him. Was the day he grabbed Bradshaw by the face mask.

dont remember this...link?

DragonSoul
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
...to believing he had it in him.* Was the day he grabbed Bradshaw by the face mask.*

His rookie season. The last game of the year that he delivered his 1st comeback drive as a NYG vs the cowboys.

And every year he improved and moved forward in progress kept reinforcing my faith in him.

fourth&forever
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Sometime this year when Eli became accurate.

NY_Eli
ummmmmmm

LOL

lmao......hilarious. best thread title ive ever seen on the boards

Ruttiger711
TD to Toomer in the end zone - sorry Denver.

ny06
02-05-2012, 11:12 PM
The Denver game in 05. </P>

I became a b<FONT color=#0000ff>eli</FONT><FONT color=#000000>ever ever since. </FONT></P>

Harooni
02-05-2012, 11:14 PM
TD to Toomer in the end zone - sorry Denver.
oh yeah that was a good game

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
The Denver game in 05. </P>

I became a b<FONT color=#0000ff>eli</FONT><FONT color=#000000>ever ever since. </FONT></P>

good call....he has been making comebacks ever since..the 06 eagles game on the road comeback was a turning point too imo.

rainierjef
02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
the san fran game taking all those hits and getting up like a man non-bradyesque and continuing with spectacular fashion. i wasn't turned on but i was amazed at his resilience

EVGiant17
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
The day we drafted him. I've been a leader of the Eli bandwagon since day one. Jump aboard folks!

Harooni
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
the san fran game taking all those hits and getting up like a man non-bradyesque and continuing with spectacular fashion. i wasn't turned on but i was amazed at his resilience

i meant turned into a believer. lol

but yeah that was some brutal hits and i dont think must qb's would have gotten up from.

NYG 5
02-05-2012, 11:20 PM
i believed in him when he consistently showed he could carry the team and be the guy. which was there year. totally changed his game. 30 was the magic year for him. accuracy, composure, consistency, even his arm improved this year. amazing

before this, everyone knew he COULD do anything, know we know he'll always do it. within human standards of course

GCGiant
02-05-2012, 11:20 PM
The day he entered the bowl game in the 4th qtr. as a freshman and WV was routing Ole Miss. He threw for 3 TD's in that qtr. and made WV squirm.

Harooni
02-05-2012, 11:24 PM
The day he entered the bowl game in the 4th qtr. as a freshman and WV was routing Ole Miss. He threw for 3 TD's in that qtr. and made WV squirm.

yes i know you always believed. kudos your boy did great. well deserved honors.

redjersies
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I used to watch him at Ole Miss. Of course, I know it probably got tiring hearing from the Ole Miss fans, at times. I was an Ole Miss fan for years before Eli came, and I saw how we struggled to beat the good teams. Of course, we could beat the Vanderbilts or Kentucky's...and sometimes the Mississippi States or Memphis. But, when Eli came, everything changed. The first time he was put into the game was a bowl game against West Virginia...he had sat patiently his freshmen year. When he got in the game, we were down by 3 or 4 touchdowns. In just one quarter, we scored 2 or maybe 3 touchdowns, and we nearly came back and won the game. Then, the next year,his sophmore year, he was officially allowed to start. Imagine the amazement of the Ole Miss faithful when he completed his first 13 or 14 passes (consecutively) of his first game as a starter. Suddenly, we knew things would be different at Ole Miss. That same year--his sophomore season--we beat Alabama for the first time in about 13 or 14 years. We beat Arkansas, and some other good teams. We ended up going to a bowl. The next year, we beat Florida (when they were going for the national championship). To sum it all up, during Eli's time, we beat Florida twice, Alabama two or three times, Auburn two or three times, and I think we beat LSU once (I can't remember for certain). We went to several bowl games, beating Nebraska and Oklahoma State. His last year, we were within one game of going to the SEC championship game. For Ole Miss fans, who were used to having mediocre teams, this was amazing. Also, he always made third downs seem easy (whether it was 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 15). And, he helped us make many 4th quarter comebacks. I watched all the other SEC quarterbacks, and they never seemed to be able to do the things that Eli could do. That is why I knew he would be special. In fact, in all honesty, I never saw any quarterback at any levelbe able to have the kind of magic that Eli had when he was playing from behind. I guess that is why I always believed. Of course, I certainly understand why many people were skeptical for many years, because when Eli does have bad games they can be pretty doggone bad--like when he used to get the "deer in headlight" look. Anyway, I totally understand that people who had not watched him throughout his college years would need to see alot of him before they would be convinced--this is because he does not usually win games in blowouts like Brees, Brady, or even Peyton. For some reason, he seems to do better when the game is close.</P>

In his pro career, I think I noticed him reach a new level during the Tampa Bay game during our 1st super bowl run. However, I do think he reached even another level this year. I have never seen him play like he did this year, even in college. This year, it seemed like he was throwing the ball 40 or 50 times and still having a high completion percentage...he didn't do that in college. In college, he was just a flat-out winner, but he usually had a 55% to 60% completion rate. This year, he was having some games with amazing completion percentages and like 400 yard games. I was totally amazed by his play this year. Anyway, I appreciate you guys for putting up with some of the homers like me; I couldn't help but brag on Eli sometimes, because I was so proud that he also came from my state and went to my college. I appreciate you guys not getting too mad at us homers, and I totally forgive anyone who had doubts that Eli would be a good quarterback...you were only being honest and trying to analyze it objectively.</P>

</P>

Harooni
02-06-2012, 12:09 AM
thats a nice story red. makes sense. Eli seems to love trailing and seeing if he can come back. maybe its because it happened during his childhood. as he was saying peyton would be beating him at a sport and he would have to come back.

YATittle1962
02-06-2012, 12:28 AM
i hope the OP is female

not familiar with rooni huh?

you will be

allentown PA
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
i hope the OP is female

you will be

YA are u in indy?

Harooni
02-06-2012, 12:30 AM
i hope the OP is female

you will be

nice win YA great ride great season, and thx for putting up with us!!! cheers to the mods even MMB [:P]

Moss#83
02-06-2012, 12:33 AM
I used to watch him at Ole Miss.* Of course, I know it probably got tiring hearing from the Ole Miss fans, at times.* I was an Ole Miss fan for years before Eli came, and I saw how we struggled to beat the good teams.* Of course, we could beat the Vanderbilts or Kentucky's...and sometimes the Mississippi States or Memphis.* But, when Eli came, everything changed.* The first time he was put into the game was a bowl game against West Virginia...he had sat patiently his freshmen year.* When he got in the game, we were down by 3 or 4 touchdowns.* In just one quarter, we scored 2 or maybe 3 touchdowns, and we nearly came back and won the game.* Then, the next year,his sophmore year, he was officially allowed to start.* Imagine the amazement of the Ole Miss faithful when he completed his first 13 or 14 passes (consecutively) of his first game as a starter.* Suddenly, we knew things would be different at Ole Miss.* That same year--his sophomore season--we beat Alabama for the first time in about 13 or 14 years.* We beat Arkansas, and some other good teams.* We ended up going to a bowl.* The next year, we beat Florida (when they were going for the national championship).* To sum it all up, during Eli's time, we beat Florida twice, Alabama two or three times, Auburn two or three times, and I think we beat LSU once (I can't remember for certain).* We went to several bowl games, beating Nebraska and Oklahoma State.* His last year, we were within one game of going to the SEC championship game.* For Ole Miss fans, who were used to having mediocre teams, this was amazing.* Also, he always made third downs seem easy (whether it was 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 15).* And, he helped us make many 4th quarter comebacks.* I watched all the other SEC quarterbacks, and they never seemed to be able to do the things that Eli could do.* That is why I knew he would be special.* In fact, in all honesty, I never saw any quarterback at any level*be able to have the kind of magic that Eli had when he was playing from behind.* I guess that is why I always believed.* Of course, I certainly understand why many people were skeptical for many years, because when Eli does have bad games they can be pretty doggone bad--like when he used to get the "deer in headlight" look.* Anyway, I totally understand that people who had not watched him throughout his college years would need to see alot of him before they would be convinced--this is because he does not usually win games in blowouts like Brees, Brady, or even Peyton.* For some reason, he seems to do better when the game is close.</P>

In his pro career, I think I noticed him reach a new level during the Tampa Bay game during our 1st super bowl run.* However, I do think he reached even another level this year.* I have never seen him play like he did this year, even in college.* This year, it seemed like he was throwing the ball 40 or 50 times and still having a high completion percentage...he didn't do that in college.* In college, he was just a flat-out winner, but he usually had a 55% to 60% completion rate.* This year, he was having some games with amazing completion percentages and like 400 yard games.* I was totally amazed by his play this year.* Anyway, I appreciate you guys for putting up with some of the homers like me;* I couldn't help but brag on Eli sometimes, because I was so proud that he also came from my state and went to my college.* I appreciate you guys not getting too mad at us homers, and I totally forgive anyone who had doubts that Eli would be a good quarterback...you were only being honest and trying to analyze it objectively.</P>

*</P>I hate to quote such a long post but this is probably my favorite post ever on these boards. Thanks for the read.

YATittle1962
02-06-2012, 12:34 AM
i hope the OP is female

you will be

nice win YA* great ride great season, and thx for putting up with us!!! cheers to the mods* even MMB [:P]

nothing to put up with

this place is the best

and guys like you make it great

....oh and Eli turned me on the day I heard Ernie Accorsi was in love with him

one more thing

did anyone else think of the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial when Welker, Branch , and Hernandez dropped consecutive passes.......LIke Well Mara was in the irrigation control room?

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 12:35 AM
The day we drafted him. I've been a leader of the Eli bandwagon since day one. Jump aboard folks!

same here. i'll admit that at times early in his career i didn't have much foundation to base what i believed he would do upon.

but day 1, i have always believed eli would become the best qb in the nfl.

some of us have gotten into heated debates over it. im not gonna say i told you so, i'm gonna say, "HOW BLESSED ARE WE TO HAVE SUCH A HUMBLE, TEAM FIRST, AMAZINGLY TALENTED AND CALM QB?"

scary thing, he's still going to keep getting better

NYG216
02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
As others have said... we were way ahead of you Harooni.... denver game 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9OxK3KovAc

redjersies
02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
thats a nice story red. makes sense. Eli seems to love trailing and seeing if he can come back. maybe its because it happened during his childhood. as he was saying peyton would be beating him at a sport and he would have to come back.
</P>

I don't know what it was that made him seem to thrive in those pressure situations. Anyway, I am glad that at least he has had some good years here, and I am not mad that many people needed to see alot of him before they were finally convinced that he was actually an above average pro QB. Anyway, I hope he has at least 2 or 3 more good years (ideally many more, but you never know). And, I won't be mad when he starts getting old and some people analyze objectively--I know they don't mean it personally if have certain criticisms of QB or other facet of the game.</P>

Anyway, I know that I have enjoyed being part of this New York Football Giant train, even though I have lived far away. I have learned alot about NY. Also, I enjoy interacting with the various posters, and there are alot of very knowledgeable and nice posters here. I am still stoked about this second superbowl!</P>

radar-ray
02-06-2012, 12:37 AM
The day we drafted him. I've been a leader of the Eli bandwagon since day one. Jump aboard folks!This!

bleeding blue
02-06-2012, 12:38 AM
When I knew he was going to be good--Denver 06

but Great QB--wk 17 07 vs Pats. Specifically that TD to plax on the run in the back corner of the end zone, perfect pass

scoopscj
02-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Harooni makes these boards fun.

Best thread title of the year. Hands down.

Scoops

ToomerFORtheBomb
02-06-2012, 12:40 AM
The year Wellington passed. Eli's 2nd year? I believe they were playing the Cowboys? The Giants were losing with a couple minutes left. Eli drove them down the field and stuck it in the end zone with a laser pass to Toomer in double coverage.

I remember reading how Wellington was very sick and near the end. He watched that play, smiled, turned over and went to sleep. I believe he passed away a week or two later.

Harooni
02-06-2012, 12:42 AM

Scoops

[;)] always fun chatting with you and arguing with some all season and off.

NYG216
02-06-2012, 12:49 AM

Scoops

+1

When did Tiki first turn you on? I guess that is for another thread...

Harooni
02-06-2012, 12:57 AM

Scoops

+1

it was 1997 it was 3rd and 7 or 8 sean peyton calls a running play they put this kid in the game tiki and called a sweep and he picked it up!!!!! i was like man this kid is good.

allentown PA
02-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Harooni makes these boards fun.*

Best thread title of the year.* Hands down.

Scoops

+1

When did Tiki first turn you on?* I guess that is for another thread...

it was 1997 it was 3rd and 7 or 8* sean peyton calls a running play they put this kid in the game tiki and called a sweep and he picked it up!!!!! i was like man this kid is good.

good call about 97...loved him and way that year..won the division that year with a young team.

NYG216
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM

Scoops

+1

it was 1997 it was 3rd and 7 or 8 sean peyton calls a running play they put this kid in the game tiki and called a sweep and he picked it up!!!!! i was like man this kid is good.

I LOVE that you answered the question. Go GMEN!!!

Harooni
02-06-2012, 01:15 AM

Scoops

+1

I LOVE that you answered the question. Go GMEN!!!

Giants forever baby!!!

giantfan1976
02-06-2012, 01:54 AM
...to believing he had it in him.* Was the day he grabbed Bradshaw by the face mask.*

Go away. No one cares about you. You have always been a hater, and you know very little about football. You can't even say that you were wrong. You take yourself more seriously than anyone else whose made the mistake of wondering into one of you childish, uninformed posts. You don't have the right to type the letters E-L-I anymore. Go away.

Harooni
02-06-2012, 02:04 AM

Go away. No one cares about you. You have always been a hater, and you know very little about football. You can't even say that you were wrong. You take yourself more seriously than anyone else whose made the mistake of wondering into one of you childish, uninformed posts. You don't have the right to type the letters E-L-I anymore. Go away.

easy their killer, i put elis avay up before the game, and this superbowl win the day before. so dont go assuming the past.

giantfan1976
02-06-2012, 02:12 AM

easy their killer, i put elis avay up before the game, and this superbowl win the day before. so dont go assuming the past.

I'd feel sick if I were you. Knowing how you bagged on Eli for so long. I'd imagine it would feel like the Eagles or Cowboys winning to me. Must be a very hollow victory for you. Go away uninformed bandwagon fan.

allentown PA
02-06-2012, 02:12 AM

havent always been a big fan of haroo but he knows his stuff...for example he was one of the few who said we needed to adress our o-line issues last draft and was rite.

ru_gmen55
02-06-2012, 02:13 AM
The Denver game definitely showed us all how clutch he can be. He always seemed to have that fourth quarter ability. The 2007 playoffs marked his first long string of consistently great performances. His performance in Week 17 in 2007 definitely marked the first time in his career that I had 100% faith in his ability to go out there and win football games. He wavered a bit last season, but he is on a different level altogether this season. There is no doubt in my mind that he can be discussed among the top QB's in the league...and anybody who disagrees isn't paying attention.

giantfan1976
02-06-2012, 02:15 AM

havent always been a big fan of haroo but he knows his stuff...for example he was one of the few who said we needed to adress our o-line issues last draft and was rite.

Really. You think he knows his stuff because he said the most obvious thing that any fan or writer who's ever seen the Giants play. He doesn't know jack, and Eli proved that long ago... now, this season he wants to jump on. Sorry doesn't work that way.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 02:18 AM

I'd feel sick if I were you. Knowing how you bagged on Eli for so long. I'd imagine it would feel like the Eagles or Cowboys winning to me. Must be a very hollow victory for you. Go away uninformed bandwagon fan.

why are you calling him a banwagon fan when he signed up in 2003 and you signed up after the 07 superbowl win. We like him more than you, try getting excited that the giants wona superbowl and stop trolling here

giantfan1976
02-06-2012, 02:23 AM

why are you calling him a banwagon fan when he signed up in 2003 and you signed up after the 07 superbowl win.* We like him more than you, try getting excited that the giants wona* superbowl and stop trolling here

That's funny, coming from the guy who signed up in 2012. I originally signed up on this forum because of him... he and his negative sh*t made me want to come on here and educate you lowlife negative fans. Just goes to show that you don't want to know what you're talking bout... just want to talk. Keep it up. You make us all look good.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 02:25 AM

why are you calling him a banwagon fan when he signed up in 2003 and you signed up after the 07 superbowl win. We like him more than you, try getting excited that the giants wona superbowl and stop trolling here

That's funny, coming from the guy who signed up in 2012. I originally signed up on this forum because of him... he and his negative sh*t made me want to come on here and educate you lowlife negative fans. Just goes to show that you don't want to know what you're talking bout... just want to talk. Keep it up. You make us all look good.

you are acting like a big douch bag,. go celebrate the win. you lonely ***

ru_gmen55
02-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Is registration date for a message board the new indication of "bandwagoness" ? I registered in 2008, and dont have a ton of posts, but I can guarantee you I'm as diehard a Giant fan as most people who have been registered longer than myself...

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2012, 03:40 AM
I've never stopped believing in Eli.... not once ever. I knew it took at least 3 years to assess a QB.

From the playoffs in '07 I knew Eli was elite. Not a single doubt in my mind.

Eli when it's all said &amp; done will be better than Tom Brady.

rebelfan1966
02-06-2012, 11:10 AM

I have believed in Eli since he left his mothers womb....

rebelfan1966
02-06-2012, 11:11 AM
i hope the OP is female

He is...bwhahahahaha..... kidding.

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 11:12 AM

LMAO

gumby742
02-06-2012, 11:21 AM
too funny ...hahaha</P>

bflo23
02-06-2012, 11:24 AM
too funny ...hahaha</p>

Now you change your Eli hating signature?! How convenient.

"Eli realists criticize. Eli homers turn it into hate."

What about you MOCKING Eli for not making the top 100 NFL players this season?

elismom
02-06-2012, 11:25 AM

We he had the chops to adubible into a run in his first Victory against Dallas. I knew we had a star

slice up that humble pie big boy!
LOL

bigbluefan1986
02-06-2012, 11:28 AM

when he threw a game winning td to Toomer in the closing seconds of the Broncos game in GIants Stadium.. I think it was the 05 season. Denver was still elite at the time.

elismom
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM

I have believed in Eli since he left his mothers womb....

Rebel, you and I are too few!

Ruttiger711
02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
too funny ...hahaha</P>

</P>

</P>

let it go</P>

speedman
02-06-2012, 11:37 AM
The day we traded for Eli my son who followed college football closely told me he would eventually would be better than his brother. I've been a supporter of Eli since that day. He's on his way to becoming better.

elismom
02-06-2012, 11:58 AM
The day we traded for Eli my son who followed college football closely told me he would eventually would be better than his brother. I've been a supporter of Eli since that day. He's on his way to becoming better.

Or the day I watched Ole Miss in that Bowl Game where he brought his team back from behind like 4 times and the announcer just kept calling him Peyton. He was a good good QB at OLE MISS

ryan12
02-06-2012, 12:02 PM

the day we drafted him

gumby742
02-06-2012, 12:12 PM
too funny ...hahaha</P>

</P>

ok. i'm going to respond to you once. i don't want to do this because i really am enjoying all the attention you're giving me. </P>

The list was never about Eli, but more about his fans. His cheering section believe that if you don't think Eli is the greatest, you're a hater. I"ll guarantee you that the Eli talk will continue, except it will be if Eli as it is, is better then Brady.</P>

That and you got trolled ...HARD.</P>

The only reason why i tookthe sig off was because people that I do respect asked if the sig was still a joke. Rather then have it get out of hand, i took it off.</P>

But please feel free to hate. Because I'm loving it. And you know, you don't need to hide under a different user name. I know exactly who you are. It's difficult to understand how someone as old as you are can act like such a child. </P>

Proceed please.</P>

elismom
02-06-2012, 12:14 PM
too funny ...hahaha</P>

</P>

ok.* i'm going to respond to you once.* i don't want to do this because i really am enjoying all the attention* you're giving me.* </P>

The list was never about Eli, but more about his fans.* His cheering section believe that if you don't think Eli is the greatest, you're a hater.* I"ll guarantee you that the Eli talk will continue, except it will be if Eli as it is, is better then Brady.</P>

The only reason why i took*the sig *off was because people that I do respect asked if the sig was still a joke.* Rather then have it get out of hand, i took it off.</P>

But please feel free to hate.* Because I'm loving it.* And you know, you don't need to hide under a different user name.* I know exactly who you are.* It's difficult to understand how someone as old as you are can act like such a child.* </P>

Proceed please.</P>
your a clown always have been

its not about the homers its about the haters like you. Never gave easy a shot, stuck right down your throats now. 8 more yrs we got and he wins one once every 4! How many can he win?

GMENAGAIN
02-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Another harooni thread with gay undertones . . . . . yawn

NoHuddle10
02-06-2012, 12:16 PM
too funny ...hahaha</P>

</P>

ok.* i'm going to respond to you once.* i don't want to do this because i really am enjoying all the attention* you're giving me.* </P>

The list was never about Eli, but more about his fans.* His cheering section believe that if you don't think Eli is the greatest, you're a hater.* I"ll guarantee you that the Eli talk will continue, except it will be if Eli as it is, is better then Brady.</P>

The only reason why i took*the sig *off was because people that I do respect asked if the sig was still a joke.* Rather then have it get out of hand, i took it off.</P>

But please feel free to hate.* Because I'm loving it.* And you know, you don't need to hide under a different user name.* I know exactly who you are.* It's difficult to understand how someone as old as you are can act like such a child.* </P>

Proceed please.</P>

I feel bad for you Gumby. Totally pathetic man. Your life must be sad.

Thats all.

JLee2911
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM

I'm fairly positive he never grabbed his facemask. I think the moment you are referring to his when he he slapped his shoulder pads demonstratively after Bradshaw missed his assignment.

Burgermiesta
02-06-2012, 07:46 PM
The OT comeback vs. the Eagles when he hit Plax with the bomb to end the game.

LvGiants
02-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Honestly I loved Eli since the start of the 2007 season. There were times where he made me age 40 years, granted i was 14 at the time, and made me lose my mind at times, but whenever i heard talk of getting someone else or someone bashing Eli, i always felt disrespected, for him and for him being our QB. I believed he would get better, and he always had that football intelligence about him and doing a bunch of pre-snap looks and changes. He assured me later in the playoffs with his great performances and winning the Super Bowl, and I knew i wanted him to be our QB for the next 10+ years. But last season was when i felt he was going to be great GREAT, HOFer type QB, starting with that Panthers game(which was also Nicks coming out party). And even though through the season he threw pick after pick after pick, I never saw myself once getting frustrated with him. That went on through the Redskins game the start of this season, the Rams game, the Seahawks game, etc. I never once got frustrated with Eli. So essentially, the start of last season I really REALLY believed in Eli.

LvGiants
02-06-2012, 07:53 PM

the day we drafted him

Absolutely loved this answer........I'm going to contradict myself a little here, the only times I saw myself getting frustrated with Eli is when he wasn't throwing Nicks the ball...Especially the Rams and Eagles game..In fact, in the Eagles game, when Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz, caught that great TD(well both actually) i saw myself getting upset cause it was Cruz and not Nicks that had those. Boy, am I glad it was Cruz now that caught those and not Nicks...Now here we are with the best two WRs the Giants ever had on the same team, both young, with a SB ring....