PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy retirement coach

gfanblue
12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the superbowl Tom. It was fun for a couple years. See you on the golf course

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
It's quite possible that you are the dumbest human being on earth.

gfanblue
12-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Your mom could be to but I don't know her....

NYgiants141
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM

It's also quite dumb how negatively the people on these boards are reacting to a game against the best team in the NFL which came down to the last seconds.

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Your mom could be to but I don't know her....</P>

But I know yours . . . . quite well</P>

gfanblue
12-04-2011, 08:08 PM

It's also quite dumb how negatively the people on these boards are reacting to a game against the best team in the NFL which came down to the last seconds.
I am not tupset over the loss. It wasn't a blowout. I'm just re-emphasizing the second half collapse again. It might be what costs TC a job.

gfanblue
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM

But I know yours . . . . quite well</P>Haha. Who doesn't? LOL

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
LOSE[/b]AGAIN"]It's quite possible that you are the dumbest human being on earth.

Maybe dumb is watching the same result unfold before your eyes every year and expecting something different to happen...

davmac2BB
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM

I am not tupset over the loss. It wasn't a blowout. I'm just re-emphasizing the second half collapse again. It might be what costs TC a job.

Here is the frustrating thing for me. The Giants are probably going to win three out of the next four and go 9-7 and barely make the playoff, which may in all likelihood buy Tom another year. Although I would never root against the Giant, there is a part of me that feels that this team needs to go hit rock bottom ( lose the last four or 3 out of the four). in order to get the Front Office to see that Tom Coughlin and his staff are wasting the Prime years of Eli Manning and this offense. This team needs a coach that is going to get this team to play strong from September to December.

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 08:15 PM
LOSE[/B]AGAIN"]It's quite possible that you are the dumbest human being on earth.

Maybe dumb is watching the same result unfold before your eyes every year and expecting something different to happen...
</P>

You predicted a blow out loss in this game and you were dead wrong.</P>

Is it your position that this game supports your argument that TC should be fired?</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
LOSE[/b]AGAIN"]It's quite possible that you are the dumbest human being on earth.

</p>

You predicted a blow out loss in this game and you were dead wrong.</p>

Is it your position that this game supports your argument that TC should be fired?</p>

I did no such thing as far as predicting the outcome of this game.

However, yes, losing the 4th game in a row does support my argument that TC should be fired. It was a hard fought game and they fought valiantly; however it's still the 4th loss in a row. And yet another disappointment at home. Hard to think of the last time the Giants did something in a big game at home; it might involve Tiki Barber. They certainly have made the new stadium miserable.

NY_Eli
Absolutely ridiculous.

Guy put together a game plan that put the giants in a position to win the game. Against the super bowl champion, undefeated packers. And you want him fired?

Give me a break.

BurnerNYG
LOSE[/B]AGAIN"]It's quite possible that you are the dumbest human being on earth.

</P>

You predicted a blow out loss in this game and you were dead wrong.</P>

Is it your position that this game supports your argument that TC should be fired?</P>What you gonna wheel Tom Coughlin to the game in a wheelchair in a few years?

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Absolutely ridiculous.

Guy put together a game plan that put the giants in a position to win the game. Against the super bowl champion, undefeated packers. And you want him fired?

Give me a break.

Put it in context of the big picture and open your eyes.

This was the one big game they had left in them. I will go out on a limb and predict the remaining games will be those inexplicable sleepwalking disasters, because they gave their best (which they can never sustain) and it wasn't enough.

It's not really a guess, it's just looking at overwhelming past results and anticipating a repeat.

dave8274
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Absolutely ridiculous.

Give me a break.

Good for him. If his team had shown up to play against Washington, Seattle, and Philadelphia, there would be no question. Now losing but not getting blown out at home is the standard for good coaching?

bleedinblue27
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM

But I know yours . . . . quite well</P>
TOM COUGHLIN IS HISTORY!! and i know both your moms!!

davmac2BB
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM

</p>

Is it your position that this game supports your argument that TC should be fired?</p>

Here is my argument for getting rid of TC. We have as our OC and DC Kevin Gilbride and Perry Fewell. Kevin Gilbride's predecessor John Hufnagle and Perry Fewell's predecessor was Bill Sheridan. In Coughlin's eight years as Giants head coach he's had four DC's and two OC with Steve Spagnolo being the only person that left the team by not being fired. Why is it the Tom Coughlin never is able to gather a good competent DC or OC on his staff. We can't get competent coaches on this staff because nobody wants to work with this man, so we always have people coaching key spots that CAN'T COACH!

Sintim97
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM

</p>

I did no such thing as far as predicting the outcome of this game.

However, yes, losing the 4th game in a row does support my argument that TC should be fired. It was a hard fought game and they fought valiantly; however it's still the 4th loss in a row. And yet another disappointment at home. Hard to think of the last time the Giants did something in a big game at home; it might involve Tiki Barber. They certainly have made the new stadium miserable.

carolina game in 08 (or 09) im not sure

but believe me i want him gone too

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. Guy put together a game plan that put the giants in a position to win the game. Against the super bowl champion, undefeated packers. And you want him fired? Give me a break.

Put it in context of the big picture and open your eyes.

This was the one big game they had left in them. I will go out on a limb and predict the remaining games will be those inexplicable sleepwalking disasters, because they gave their best (which they can never sustain) and it wasn't enough.

It's not really a guess, it's just looking at overwhelming past results and anticipating a repeat.
</P>

Except that if that doesn't happen, you'll just lie and say you never predicted it . . . . just like you now claim you never predicted a blow out loss to the Packers because the team quit on TC . . . . </P>

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I just don't get how some people think this was a victory because we played a team tough...LOL...wtf?...The object of this game is to out score your opponent...not almost out score him...LOL..In their eyes...we could lose every game as long as we play them tough....WOW.

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
</P>

And there it is.</P>

Idkaname
12-04-2011, 09:13 PM
You're right...whether we win the sb or lose out he's retiring..

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Except that if that doesn't happen, you'll just lie and say you never predicted it . . . . just like you now claim you never predicted a blow out loss to the Packers because the team quit on TC . . . . </p>

Sorry, but if I'm wrong I man up and admit it. Go ahead and print it out, tie a string to your finger, whatever.

I'm sure you'll do the same when the team blows it all in the next 4 weeks and they fire Tom.

And I did not make any predictions for the Green Bay game. There's a difference between me lying and you being delusional and imagining things.

Go ahead, find me a link where I said it. You know you can't.

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I just don't get how some people think this was a victory because we played a team tough...LOL...wtf?...The object of this game is to out score your opponent...not almost out score him...LOL..In their eyes...we could lose every game as long as we play them tough....WOW.

6-5-0-1 (Win/Loss/Tie/Moral Victory)

mike kennedy
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Another intelligent poster! Your dog in your avatar has more brains then you and at least he can lick his ****s!

Idkaname
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM

Thats all we can really expect is our team to play tough and give it their all after sustaining all the injuries they have.

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Except that if that doesn't happen, you'll just lie and say you never predicted it . . . . just like you now claim you never predicted a blow out loss to the Packers because the team quit on TC . . . . </P>

Sorry, but if I'm wrong I man up and admit it. Go ahead and print it out, tie a string to your finger, whatever.

I'm sure you'll do the same when the team blows it all in the next 4 weeks and they fire Tom.

And I did not make any predictions for the Green Bay game. There's a difference between me lying and you being delusional.

Go ahead, find me a link where I said it. You know you can't.
</P>

Once again, my position has always been that I will wait untl the season is done before evaluating what should be done with TC (which is the exact same thing that the Giants will do). And once again, you have failed to come up with a single reason why this is delusional/irrational, etc. I may very well think that TC needs to go based upon how the season actually plays out, butI am not going to go off like some half-****ed nutbag and demand that the coach be fired before we even know how the season turns out. </P>

What do you not get about that?</P>

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Thats all we can really expect is our team to play tough and give it their all after sustaining all the injuries they have.

Thats BS.....The Packers had more starters and players on the IR last year than anyone...and guess what they did?

funkybudda
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM

and you are the dude in the insane asylum thinking this team is doing "ok" and coaches are not to be blamed for another 2nd half collapse.

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
And once again, you have failed to come up with a single reason why this is delusional/irrational, etc.</p>

Call it history. Call it statistics. You've seen me post it 10 times. You've never refuted it.
</p>

<font size="4">Reason #1: Terrible Finishes</font> <font size="4">in 7 out of 8 seasons as coach</font>
</p>

2004 - lost 9 of last 11
2006 - lost 6 of last 8
2007 - lost 4 of last 8
2008 - lost 3 of last 4
2009 - lost 8 of last 10
2010 - lost 2 of last 3
2011 - lost 4 of last 4</p>

Then on top of that are some of the franchise's WORST EVER LOSSES. In 87 years of history.
</p>

<font size="4">Reason #2: Humiliating losses in big games at the worst possible time.</font>
</p>

2005 - lose, badly, at home, to Panthers in 1st round of playoffs (23-0)
2008 - lose, at home, to Eagles in 1st round of playoffs, wasting #1 seed (23-11)
2009 - lose, at home, last ever game at Giants Stadium with playoffs on the line (41-9)
2010 - lose, at home, against Eagles giving up 24 points in 7:30 with NFC East title on the line (38-31)
lose the following week vs. Green Bay with playoffs still on the line (45-17)
2011 - last week's loss to the Saints was the 2nd worst yardage given up in franchise history (49-24)
2 weeks ago the Eagles game, specifically a game winning 80 yard drive by Vince Young
</p>

Anything bothering you about these facts yet? <font color="#FF0000">Sure seems "nutty" to draw any conclusions, huh? <font color="#000000">Take a look at those scores again. Burn them into your memory as I have. Every single one of those losses is putrid and gut-wrenching, not normal "better team won" losses, but "we didn't show up and we couldn't beat a pop warner team" losses.</font>
</font></p>

How about some more facts for you<font size="4">
</font></p>

<font size="4">Reasons 3-7: Track record of failure</font></p><ul> Tom Coughlin's record in November &amp; December is now 28-41.[/list]<ul> Tom Coughlin has never won a playoff game at home.[/list]<ul> Tom Coughlin has never won a playoff game outside of 2007.[/list]<ul> Tom Coughlin has missed the playoffs for 2 years in a row and is on pace for 3. The fact that these patterns repeat every year show that Coughlin is incapable of identifying or correcting the problem(s). He has no answers.
[/list]

I can just picture you now, covering your ears and saying "La la la la la I can't hear you la la la la".</p>

I've just given you not one but SEVEN reasons why you are being irrational/delusional.
</p>

Now, give me a thrill, try to dispute any of what I just laid in front of you. Take your best shot.
</p>

If you cannot see the pattern, well, I don't know what to say. Nutbag? LOL. I AM USING MAGIC TO COME UP WITH THIS CRAZY HARE-BRAINED WIZARDRY. LOL. It's right in front of your face, it's math, it's fact, it's history. And you can't see it... Or don't want to believe what the black-and-white cold, hard facts should be telling you.</p>

This post should be permalinked at the top of this forum as a must-read for blind homers like you.
</p><font color="#FF0000">No, somehow this year will be different...</font>

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bt_assets/system/idea_thumbnails/40224/original/url.jpg

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 11:03 PM
And once again, you have failed to come up with a single reason why this is delusional/irrational, etc.</P>

Call it history. Call it statistics. You've seen me post it 10 times. You've never refuted it.
</P>

<FONT size=4>Reason #1: Terrible Finishes</FONT> <FONT size=4>in 7 out of 8 seasons as coach</FONT>
</P>

2004 - lost 9 of last 11
2006 - lost 6 of last 8
2007 - lost 4 of last 8
2008 - lost 3 of last 4
2009 - lost 8 of last 10
2010 - lost 2 of last 3
2011 - lost 4 of last 4</P>

Then on top of that are some of the franchise's WORST EVER LOSSES. In 87 years of history.
</P>

<FONT size=4>Reason #2: Humiliating losses in big games at the worst possible time.</FONT>
</P>

2005 - lose, badly, at home, to Panthers in 1st round of playoffs (23-0)
2008 - lose, at home, to Eagles in 1st round of playoffs, wasting #1 seed (23-11)
2009 - lose, at home, last ever game at Giants Stadium with playoffs on the line (41-9)
2010 - lose, at home, against Eagles giving up 24 points in 7:30 with NFC East title on the line (38-31)
lose the following week vs. Green Bay with playoffs still on the line (45-17)
2011 - last week's loss to the Saints was the 2nd worst yardage given up in franchise history (49-24)
2 weeks ago the Eagles game, specifically a game winning 80 yard drive by Vince Young
</P>

Anything bothering you about these facts yet? <FONT color=#ff0000>Sure seems "nutty" to draw any conclusions, huh? <FONT color=#000000>Take a look at those scores again. Burn them into your memory as I have. Every single one of those losses is putrid and gut-wrenching, not normal "better team won" losses, but "we didn't show up and we couldn't beat a pop warner team" losses.</FONT>
</FONT></P>

How about some more facts for you<FONT size=4>
</FONT></P>

<FONT size=4>Reasons 3-7: Track record of failure</FONT></P>
<UL>
<LI>Tom Coughlin's record in November &amp; December is now 28-41.</LI>[/list]
<UL>
<LI>Tom Coughlin has never won a playoff game at home.</LI>[/list]
<UL>
<LI>Tom Coughlin has never won a playoff game outside of 2007.</LI>[/list]
<UL>
<LI>Tom Coughlin has missed the playoffs for 2 years in a row and is on pace for 3.
<LI>The fact that these patterns repeat every year show that Coughlin is incapable of identifying or correcting the problem(s). He has no answers.
</LI>[/list]

I can just picture you now, covering your ears and saying "La la la la la I can't hear you la la la la".</P>

I've just given you not one but SEVEN reasons why you are being irrational/delusional.
</P>

Now, give me a thrill, try to dispute any of what I just laid in front of you. Take your best shot.
</P>

If you cannot see the pattern, well, I don't know what to say. Nutbag? LOL. I AM USING MAGIC TO COME UP WITH THIS CRAZY HARE-BRAINED WIZARDRY. LOL. It's right in front of your face, it's math, it's fact, it's history. And you can't see it... Or don't want to believe what the black-and-white cold, hard facts should be telling you.</P>

This post should be permalinked at the top of this forum as a must-read for blind homers like you.
</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>No, somehow this year will be different...</FONT>

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bt_assets/system/idea_thumbnails/40224/original/url.jpg
</P>

</P>

I know all the stats you ****ing moron . . . . my point is why not wait until the season is over before deciding whether or not he should go?</P>

If it is your position that because of his track record to date, he should be gone no matter what happensto close out this season. . . . a playoff berth, a playoff run, a SB victory, anything . . . . . then just ****ing say so already and let's move on. Geez. . . . .</P>

</P>

BlueSanta
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM

Yea, im sure the 3 losses prior to that 1 had nothing to do with it.

Im sure that TC's abysmal record in the 2nd half of the season has nothing to do with people's frustration either...

Idkaname
12-05-2011, 09:42 AM

They had better depth than we do. Their Finley went down but they had another explosive te in Quarles, one of their corners went down then Sam Shields plays lights out in the playoffs, their o line got injured but their backups are/were better then our current starters this year.

SweetZombieJesus
12-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I know all the stats you ****ing moron . . . . my point is why not wait until the season is over before deciding whether or not he should go?</p>

If it is your position that because of his track record to date, he should be gone no matter what happensto close out this season. . . . a playoff berth, a playoff run, a SB victory, anything . . . . . then just ****ing say so already and let's move on. Geez. . . . .</p>

</p>

No point arguing with you. You ask me to prove why you are irrational, which I did (beyond any shadow of doubt; in fact I D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D you). And you change the subject.
</p>

The Giants *always* wait until the end of the season to fire coaches. In fact they often wait until the end of several wasted seasons before pulling the trigger. We're in the middle of one of those periods now.</p>

He should be fired because of his track record to date and the fact that it is repeating, once again, this year.</p>

Have you not been listening to what I say? The biggest problem I have with Tom Coughlin is that he can't identify, let alone fix the problem that is causing these late season swoons.</p>

Exhibit B is the 28-41 Nov/Dec record. Even if he won 3 Super Bowls you ought to be concerned about that.</p>

The exclamation point is missing the playoffs for 3 years in a row (if it happens).
</p>

GMENAGAIN
12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I know all the stats you ****ing moron . . . . my point is why not wait until the season is over before deciding whether or not he should go?</P>

If it is your position that because of his track record to date, he should be gone no matter what happensto close out this season. . . . a playoff berth, a playoff run, a SB victory, anything . . . . . then just ****ing say so already and let's move on. Geez. . . . .</P>

</P>

No point arguing with you. You ask me to prove why you are irrational, which I did (beyond any shadow of doubt; in fact I D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D you). And you change the subject.
</P>

The Giants *always* wait until the end of the season to fire coaches. In fact they often wait until the end of several wasted seasons before pulling the trigger. We're in the middle of one of those periods now.</P>

He should be fired because of his track record to date and the fact that it is repeating, once again, this year.</P>

Have you not been listening to what I say? The biggest problem I have with Tom Coughlin is that he can't identify, let alone fix the problem that is causing these late season swoons.</P>

Exhibit B is the 28-41 Nov/Dec record. Even if he won 3 Super Bowls you ought to be concerned about that.</P>

The exclamation point is missing the playoffs for 3 years in a row (if it happens).
</P>

</P>

Yeah, you destroyed me alright . . . .and on top of that, you really got me good by changing my screen name in your quotes to "GMENLOSEAGAIN"!!!! Wow, what a zinger Potsie! I doubt that anyone on this board is a match for your superior wit and intellect.</P>

I will try one more time to get thisthrough your thick ****ing head.I have NEVER saidwhether TC deserves to stay or not after this season. All I have ever said on the subject is that Iwill wait until the seaon is over before I take a position on that. If he goes 0-4 and the team doesn't make the playoffs, I will want him gone. If the team goes 4-0 and wins the SB, I will want him to stay.Anything in between . . . . let's wait to see what actually happens. </P>

Although you will not say it (because you are too busy regurgitating facts that everyone on this board knows by heart like a drunken parrot), you apparently believe that TC deserves to be fired at the end of the season no matter how the season turns out. So if the team wins the SB this year, TC should be out according to you. I think that is idiotic.</P>

Get it now, **** nuts?</P>

</P>

burier
12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
This is what I don't understand.

People are on some level rooting for the Giants to lose so that Tom Coughlin gets fired as if firing a coach automatically improves a football team. There are no replacements out there. What the hell is so great about Cowher?

What's so great about any coach out there?

I honestly I don't know of any head coach prospect that would be a head and shoulders improvement over Coughlin so I'm not gonna sit here and hope he gets fired.

Also if we get in the tournament we can win the whole damn thing so why don't we all root for that. We have a QB who can do amazing things with the football which gives us a chance to defeat any team. So I want in the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may

gumby742
12-06-2011, 10:15 AM
This is what I don't understand. People are on some level rooting for the Giants to lose so that Tom Coughlin gets fired as if firing a coach automatically improves a football team. There are no replacements out there. What the hell is so great about Cowher? What's so great about any coach out there? I honestly I don't know of any head coach prospect that would be a head and shoulders improvement over Coughlin so I'm not gonna sit here and hope he gets fired. Also if we get in the tournament we can win the whole damn thing so why don't we all root for that. We have a QB who can do amazing things with the football which gives us a chance to defeat any team. So I want in the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may</P>

Dude seriously. Eli again? You're killing me. Haha.</P>

RagTime Blue
12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
So many speak of how we ALMOST beat the best team in the NFL.

We almost LOST to some pretty bad teams too this year. That 6-2 record wasn't impressing anyone outside of us, and it's not because the rest of the world is NYG-haters.

burier
12-06-2011, 10:31 AM
This is what I don't understand. People are on some level rooting for the Giants to lose so that Tom Coughlin gets fired as if firing a coach automatically improves a football team. There are no replacements out there. What the hell is so great about Cowher? What's so great about any coach out there? I honestly I don't know of any head coach prospect that would be a head and shoulders improvement over Coughlin so I'm not gonna sit here and hope he gets fired. Also if we get in the tournament we can win the whole damn thing so why don't we all root for that. We have a QB who can do amazing things with the football which gives us a chance to defeat any team. So I want in the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may</P>

Dude seriously.* Eli again?* You're killing me.* Haha.</P>

I speak only the truth.