PDA

View Full Version : At the risk of "someone" going nuts and trying to get this thread removed.............

FBomb
10-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I like Tony Romo. I'm a Cowboys hater to the bone, but you can't help but love his attitude and his approach to every snap. Unfortunately he's going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time. I'll probably grow to hate him.

Eli for MVP
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I like Tony Romo. I'm a Cowboys hater to the bone, but you can't help but love his attitude and his approach to every snap. Unfurtunately he's going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time. I'll probably grow to hate him.

I kinda like Romo too, he's a good guy, he busted his *** off while he was a backup even though it seemed like he would never get to play.

slipknottin
10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
i completely hate the guy. one of the greatest moments ive ever seen was his fumbled snap and him doing a headstand after the tackle. beautiful moment.

I only hope we sack him 12 times, and break some bones if possible.

Harooni
10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
i have a man crush on santonio holmes

Tinto
10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah I like him too.He seems sooo relaxed for someone in a tough position with a tough franchise

tropicalblue
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I like Tony Romo. I'm a Cowboys hater to the bone, but you can't help but love his attitude and his approach to every snap. Unfortunately he's going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time. I'll probably grow to hate him.
</P>

I only know that he's looking great. I'm not saying I don't deeply enjoya missed hold or a bad game of his, but he's looking awful good out there</P>

eddygoombah
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
i like romo... he looks like the real deal. Especially being an undrafted free agent. He looks like he's having fun out there.

CDN_G-FAN
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I like Tony Romo. I'm a Cowboys hater to the bone, but you can't help but love his attitude and his approach to every snap. Unfurtunately he's going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time. I'll probably grow to hate him.
</P>

agree.</P>

I may not "like" him, but i certainly respect him more than the average non-Cowboy fan.</P>

I read alot of threads about how overrated he was, how he showed his true colors in the 2nd half of the season, blah blah blah.</P>

He's going to be an elite QB in this league, and it blows that he's on my most hated team, but them's the breaks sometimes.</P>

Its a feel good story that you can't help but appreciate, unless you're the most homerish home fan possible.</P>

</P>

Hazard
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I will have to agree with some on this thread Tony Romo is one hell of a good QB. He is a thorn in the G-men's sides but maybe not for as long as you think.... </P>

Romo's contract is up at the end of the season.... Maybe someone will give him a good idea as to what he wants to do....Stay in Dallas or go elsewhere.....I know if they want to keep him they will lose some money to keep others in the future...Either way it looks like Dallas will be stressing soon enough.</P>

Zodiac_Blue
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
He's a good a player, throws a good ball, get rid of the ball quickly, and has mobility too.</P>

He's good, I've said that before, but I will admit that interview with Terry Bradshaw had me laughing.</P>

TB asked him if he ever went to the front office an asked to be traded when he was not playing and Romo said, "Yeah there was one point in my second season when Jerry Jones &amp; Parcell's were talking in the office and I went in there an asked to be traded. Parcells stood-up to leave and I said sit down Bill I want you to hear this". Then Bradshaw ask, "You told Bill Parcells to sit back down?" and Romo says, "Are you crazy? No".</P>

Have to admit, it made me laugh. I still don't like him though.</P>

eddygoombah
I will have to agree with some on this thread Tony Romo is one hell of a good QB. He is a thorn in the G-men's sides but maybe not for as long as you think.... </P>

Romo's contract is up at the end of the season.... Maybe someone will give him a good idea as to what he wants to do....Stay in Dallas or go elsewhere.....I know if they want to keep him they will lose some money to keep others in the future...Either way it looks like Dallas will be stressing soon enough.</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>romo on the giants 2008!!!</FONT></P>

JustinDavid86
I can't stand him.

I don't like how goofily happy he is. He looks like someone that everybody likes, but behind closed doors is an a-hole. I would say that's why he get's along with TO so much, but that obviously because he throws him the ball. Just my opinion though. I'm sure when TO starts something in Dallas and get's the boot - he'll call Romo a *** like he did to Garcia.

That said... Romo is lighting it up right now. I don't see how because he's got a horrible release and shows crappy mechanics... but he's got instincts which is unteachable. More power to him.

FBomb
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I will have to agree with some on this thread Tony Romo is one hell of a good QB. He is a thorn in the G-men's sides but maybe not for as long as you think.... </p>

Romo's contract is up at the end of the season.... Maybe someone will give him a good idea as to what he wants to do....Stay in Dallas or go elsewhere.....I know if they want to keep him they will lose some money to keep others in the future...Either way it looks like Dallas will be stressing soon enough.</p>

You're kidding, right? As a kid it was probably his dream to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys,(you know, that time when you don't know any better) and if he plays this well all year they will lock him up, no doubt.

DubTeee
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
He's a Cowboy....so yep...I HATE HIM...I can't like a dude from the Cowboys. He's probably a good guy, but he's playing for the wronggg team.
I think 12 sacks next game will serve him right.

Luist
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
the play he did where he ran for a first down after missing the snap, and fumbling it after was sick, he has the unmesurables big time... and he's a charming guy who knows how to entertain the media, he is really likeable... but after it's all said and done.. i hate the COWBOYS QB!

elismom
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
</P>

</P>

Agreed. Sad to say tony homo is LEGIT</P>

But </P>

</P>

so is easy eli</P>

jarhead66
10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Respect - yes.
Like - I just can't do it.

sharick88
10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I hate him too, but I have a lot of respect for him. He is the real deal no matter what anyone says. Anyone that can make Crayton look like Chad Johnson is the real deal.

BlitZ56
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I like Romoalso.He's accurate, athletic, intelligent, and humble. An ideal QB. Its just to bad he'sa friggin Cowboy.

FBomb
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
</p>

</p>

Agreed. Sad to say tony homo is LEGIT</p>

But </p>

</p>

so is easy eli</p>

Agreed..............I think the McNabb era in Philly is just about through, and Washington being Washington, leaves Eli and Romo to battle it out for the next 5 years or so.

REBELGIANT II
10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
His results have been spectacular, he gets a lot of zip on the ball and his escapabilityhas been very good. this is by no means sour grapes but has anyone noticed hde has a flawed delivery. He short arms his throws as does Rivers, but they get the job done. Anyone noticed?

tropicalblue
10-01-2007, 04:44 PM
His results have been spectacular, he gets a lot of zip on the ball and his escapabilityhas been very good. this is by no means sour grapes but has anyone noticed hde has a flawed delivery. He short arms his throws as does Rivers, but they get the job done. Anyone noticed?</P>

Definitely, it's obvious, someone else mentioned it above</P>

p0under
10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Romo romo romo your so dreamy .

giantsval
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
I hate him, but he does look good.

pathas
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
who the hel cares. romo this romo that. I'm sick of this guy and now I see it on OUR forum. Never start a thread like this again in our home territory.</P>

tropicalblue
10-01-2007, 04:54 PM
who the hel cares. romo this romo that. I'm sick of this guy and now I see it on OUR forum. Never start a thread like this again in our home territory.</P>

</P>

Finally the word police... it took 20 posts, FBomb</P>

FBomb
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
who the hel cares. romo this romo that. I'm sick of this guy and now I see it on OUR forum. Never start a thread like this again in our home territory.</p>

</p>

Finally the word police... it took 20 posts, FBomb</p>

It isn't the "someone" I had in mind, but the title of the thread doesn't really hint to what the tthread is about. I'm sure as soon as that "someone" reads it, there will be another thread calling for it's removal.

Career Ender 56
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I wanna smack his face - seriously I do.

However, he is showing to be worthy of the premature pro-bowl appearence from last year.

The only thing that gets me is that ESPN and some of the major outlets are making him to be the next Aikman.. He is good, but let him win something before making him out to be something great. I think there will be a good battle for the next decade between Romo and Eli.

sc_markt
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I like Tony Romo.* I'm a Cowboys hater to the bone, but you can't help but love his attitude and his approach to every snap.* Unfortunately he's going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time.* I'll probably grow to hate him.

Unfortunately, you're right.
What I hate about Romo is how the media kisses up to him. Same for the Philadelphia flamingos. The media loves them and that bugs me.

Career Ender 56
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Dude................

Whatever.

Ahhh it is 2007 and we should all except everybody as individuals. To each his own.

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Unfortunately, you're right.
What I hate about Romo is how the media kisses up to him. Same for the Philadelphia flamingos. The media loves them and that bugs me.

Ignoring the media is my best virtue. All of it is BS.

giantsval
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Dude................

Whatever.

Ahhh it is 2007 and we should all except everybody as individuals. To each his own.
</P>

</P>

I was talking about his playing......</P>

giantmainea80
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
you pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I cant stand this homo. that vignette with bradshaw wanted to make me puke....and now that he's successful and the NFLs current darling, it just makes it worse.</P>

</P>

lets see how many of you cream yourselves for him when, say he eliminates us from the playoffs one of these years.</P>

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
you pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I cant stand this homo. that vignette with bradshaw wanted to make me puke....and now that he's successful and the NFLs current darling, it just makes it worse.</p>

</p>

lets see how many of you cream yourselves for him when, say he eliminates us from the playoffs one of these years.</p>

So, we should hate him becasue he's good? Hating him becasue he's a Cowboy is far more rational.

Bluedude2
i completely hate the guy. one of the greatest moments ive ever seen was his fumbled snap and him doing a headstand after the tackle. beautiful moment.

I only hope we sack him 12 times, and break some bones if possible.
that was my second favorite romo game. My favorite was his 1st game against us.

Career Ender 56

Dude................

Whatever.

</p>

</p>

I was talking about his playing......</p>

Just pulling your chain.

You left yourself wide open for it!

giantmainea80
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
it doesnt help that he's good......i do want to see a few more good games from him...he did get awful for a stretch last year...

giantsval
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM

Dude................

Whatever.

</P>

</P>

I was talking about his playing......</P>

Just pulling your chain.

You left yourself wide open for it!
</P>

</P>

That I did for sure...lol</P>

p0under
10-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Romo is average at best . you need to look at yourselfin the mirror and say (am i really a cowboys fan in hiding).

eddygoombah
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Romo is average at best . you need to look at yourselfin the mirror and say (am i really a cowboys fan in hiding).</P>

</P>

ahh.... another thought provoking comment by p0under. positively assessing a rival's qb does not make one a fan of said rival. </P>

bigbluefan1986
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
</P>

</P>

here here. I am not a tony romo hater, but a lover. The kid knows how to make lemonade out of lemons on the football field.</P>

GiantD46
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Romo has looked good so far...but am I the only one who is looking at the Ds' he is playing.

Giants-----I'm not even gonna say anything about how bad we looked this game....it was like McNabb against the Lions.
Dolphins----are they even fielding a D this year?
Bears---looked average till the Bears started loosing Pro-Bowlers.
Rams---at 0-3 they were hardly a powerhouse coming into the game.

I have been suprised at how well he has played so far this year but I do find it amusing that there hasn't been one mention of the INT he threw, which was a terrible pass....meanwhile most people you hear won't mention the perfect pass Eli threw to Plax but will only mention the INT he threw.

Just an observation.

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Romo is average at best . you need to look at yourselfin the mirror and say (am i really a cowboys fan in hiding).</p>

</p>

ahh.... another thought provoking comment by p0under. positively assessing a rival's qb does not make one a fan of said rival. </p>

See, here's the problem................Using "logic" with fl0under is useless. Just insult him so he understands.

bigjeep
10-01-2007, 05:26 PM
</P>

F-BOMB must be a troll!!!!</P>

tikki_barber
10-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I can't stand him.

I don't like how goofily happy he is. He looks like someone that everybody likes, but behind closed doors is an a-hole. I would say that's why he get's along with TO so much, but that obviously because he throws him the ball. Just my opinion though. I'm sure when TO starts something in Dallas and get's the boot - he'll call Romo a *** like he did to Garcia.

That said... Romo is lighting it up right now. I don't see how because he's got a horrible release and shows crappy mechanics... but he's got instincts which is unteachable. More power to him.

QFT

p0under
10-01-2007, 05:29 PM
But i thought we were past those times . this is a setback for me.

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
</p>

F-BOMB must be a troll!!!!</p>

ah..................bigjeep. Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any more narrowminded in here. [;)]

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
But i thought we were past those times . this is a setback for me.

You need a lesson in ball busting. [H]

bigjeep
</P>

F-BOMB must be a troll!!!!</P>

ah..................bigjeep. Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any more narrowminded in here. [;)]
</P>

How ya doing F-Bomb! [B]</P>

p0under
He's a Romotroll.

Harooni
10-01-2007, 05:32 PM

lets put it all together, he didnt cost any draft picks, he got paid what jlo gets paid. he is very attractive both inside and out, he has dimples. He has a nice body. he throws to his TE and not the ground or other team so much.

parcells can really judge talent.

bigjeep
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I just had to leave my calling card. [:)]

GameTime
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
</P>

hey.....you can't argue with results. The guy has knack for making defenders miss and his accuracy on the run has been great.......right now he is as hot as you can get.......</P>

I repect the game and the talent many of these players posses......I only hate on jokers, clowns and thugs......these NFL players are "bad apples"</P>

Romo has done nothing but be a very good QB and so far no BS from him</P>

p0under
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Now look down ,tap your heels 3 times and say . there's no place like dallas. there's no place like dallas.

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
</p>

F-BOMB must be a troll!!!!</p>

</p>

How ya doing F-Bomb! [B]</p>

Great!! We just manhandled teh Eagles, and now I'm about to light the grill &amp; crack open a few Molson Ice.

n420p69
10-01-2007, 05:35 PM
I agree with Harooni. I like Santonio Holmes much better than Tony Romo. Romo gashed us but still, I want to see how he does against our rejuvenated defense.

bigjeep
10-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Sounds great!

Harooni
10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
stop being a romophobe. give the guy credit, its not like we are rooting for the team. we hate the cowpats but come on.

Bluedude2
10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Since we're coming out of the closet.... <FONT color=#ff0000>I've always liked McNabb.</FONT>

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Now look down ,tap your heels 3 times and say . there's no place like dallas. there's no place like dallas.

Only if you'll do the same thing about Fire Island.

Moderator_J
10-01-2007, 05:38 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Too bad this thread wasn't Giants related or it may have stayed open</FONT>

FBomb
10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Since we're coming out of the closet.... <font color="#ff0000">I've always liked McNabb.</font>

Are you kidding?............I live in Syracuse. It killed me that he went to the Eagles. Especially when they booed him at the draft.