PDA

View Full Version : Last Touchdown

chinchu88
02-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure this is a very stupid question but could anyone explain to me what happened in the Giants last touchdown?? Why did the Patriots let him go through like that?

We don't have American Football in my country so know practically nothing about the strategy of the game but I didn't get why would the Patriots would give the Giants a touchdown? Why not a field goal? I'm guessing they did it on purpose...or am I wrong??

Anyway, thank you in advance and congratulation to you all on the win!!

elitosmith
02-06-2012, 12:05 AM
they did to to ensure they'd get the ball back with time remaining to do something. if they don't allow the td, giants can take the clock all the way down and kick the f-g with very little or no time.

redjersies
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
If the Patriots had tackled the guy, then more time would have run off of the clock. There was only about 1 minute left. So, if they tackled the guy, about 30 more seconds would run off the clock. Then, the Giants would have even another play. If the Patriots tackled him again, another 30 seconds (or so) would run off. Then the game would basically have been over, and the Patriots would not have had a chance to try to get a touchdown of their own.</P>

chinchu88
02-06-2012, 06:23 PM
thank you for the answer!!

NYGRealityCheck
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Patriots had a timeout. Bradshaw's TD back-sitting into the endzone run was on 2nd down and goal i think.

Game would not have been over on the Giants possesion FG without an automatic first-down penalty or if the Patriots just don't use their last timeout...lol