PDA

View Full Version : Most mad I have ever been at TC

TroyArcher
12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
How could he not know that giving Rodgers the ball back with time on the closk was a loss. He has been araound long enough to know you leave no time on the clock. I like TC but this was unforgiveable. He is the head coach and should have known. Everyone in the staduim knew, the announcers knew, evryone watching on TV knew. The only tow who didn't were Gilbride and TC. What a shame. It would have come down to a coin flip.

Drez
12-04-2011, 08:06 PM
And what happens if we don't score? Or the RB fumbles?</P>

You try to score however you can. We didn't leave an eternity on the clock. You have to trust that the defense can make a stop in that position.</P>

You can't be pissed at TC because the defense decided not to play football in the last 50 seconds. </P>

Should we have been pissed that TC left 30 seconds on the clock in SB42 against the Pats?</P>

Drez
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM

You try to score however you can. We didn't leave an eternity on the clock. You have to trust that the defense can make a stop in that position.</P>

You can't be pissed at TC because the defense decided not to play football in the last 50 seconds. </P>

Should we have been pissed that TC left 30 seconds on the clock in SB42 against the Pats?</P>

</P>

Also, how many of these ******ed threads are you going to create?</P>

jaygoon
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Giants have the worst fans in the nfl. Everyone acts as if we just lost to the 0-11 Indianapolis colts. Green bay is 12-0 for a reason. Christ give em s brake

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
All of these threads on the same subject are just showing how little you know about football.

TroyArcher
12-04-2011, 08:10 PM

You are a fool if you trust this defense.

TroyArcher
12-04-2011, 08:11 PM
All of these threads on the same subject are just showing how little you know about football.*

I can guarantee I have forgotten more about football then you will ever know.

Drez
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM

You are a fool if you trust this defense.</P>

The defense could have still played like **** and not let them get in FG in 51 seconds. It doesn't matter how bad the defense is, you have to score first and then worry about stopping them. 51 seconds and 1 timeout is not a lot of time. The defense should have been more than capable of preventing them from scoring.</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
All of these threads on the same subject are just showing how little you know about football. I can guarantee I have forgotten more about football then you will ever know.</P>

eh, sure pal. this thread indicates that you have the football knowledge of a 7 year old girl.</P>

gfl21213
12-04-2011, 08:15 PM
and what happens if we wait til the last second to score, and miss 2 point conversion? no time for onside kick

barran21
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
STFU, he expected his Defense to hold and this game to go into OT, but Rodgers and OC exploited the worst guy we have in the secondary Will Blackmon...

yatitle
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Look the only play call offensively that needs to be explained and why run Bradshaw on 1st and 10 BEFORE the 2 minute warning. That play should be run after the 2 minute warning and an additional 30 seconds comes off the clock. Play calling was fine there it was just the clock management.

BParcells777
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Did he run the clock down to its limit.....I did not notice but one running play would have doen the trick

MikeIsaGiant
12-04-2011, 08:43 PM
You're ******ed.

mike kennedy
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Blah, blah. blah, blah, blah! They hung in there until the end against a great team! Better showing then last week but I do not see them winning the final games of the season. Don't fret over this lose, I would be upset over the Seattle lose or even the Redskin or Eagle lose they never showed up for.

TroyArcher
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
All of these threads on the same subject are just showing how little you know about football.* I can guarantee I have forgotten more about football then you will ever know.</P>

eh, sure pal.* this thread indicates that you have the football knowledge of a 7 year old girl.</P>

Lets see what the experts say this week moron. I guarantee they will be agreeing with me and not a little whiney a/ss pu/nk like you.

Dirt66
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Giants have the worst fans in the nfl. Everyone acts as if we just lost to the 0-11 Indianapolis colts. Green bay is 12-0 for a reason. Christ give em s brakeI agree with you. The defense does need some BRAKES to slow down the other team's offense!

THEMASTER
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
OK so they lost a close game they were not even expected to be able to win. Yeah some pundits said if anyone can the Gmen can, but that was all butt covering on their part. I'll say this. WIth the exception of the pick six, Eli played very well and the offense was cooking. The defense in all reality played ok, better than of late......Still not getting enough ball control, but if this kind of effort is delivered in the next 4 games, they win out and make the playoffs. Time will tell if this was a mirage or reality!

Drez
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
All of these threads on the same subject are just showing how little you know about football. I can guarantee I have forgotten more about football then you will ever know.</P>

eh, sure pal. this thread indicates that you have the football knowledge of a 7 year old girl.</P>

Lets see what the experts say this week moron. I guarantee they will be agreeing with me and not a little whiney a/ss pu/nk like you.</P>

The experts, and even most morons, and even people that have never watched a football game will not be agreeing with you.</P>

UmenYiourAnIdiot
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Giants have the worst fans in the nfl. Everyone acts as if we just lost to the 0-11 Indianapolis colts. Green bay is 12-0 for a reason. Christ give em s brake

Your right and wrong. Can't accept defeat.

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Lets see what the experts say this week moron. I guarantee they will be agreeing with me and not a little whiney a/ss pu/nk like you.</P>

Not one commentator or expert wil agree with you . . . . but that won't matter to a guy like you . . . you'll just think that they are all wrong and you are right . . . . . </P>

Just throwing this out there . . . . what if we missed the two point conversion and had to try on on-sides kick? How would that work out if there were 2 seconds on the clock? These are the things that coacheshave to think about and that nutty message board mouthbreathers don't even consider . . . . </P>

rickker20
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
This defense sucks so bad they could not stop a Pop Wagner team.

yatitle
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM

Whats a Pop Wagner team?

allentown PA
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM

Whats a Pop Wagner team?*

pop wagner sounds like a creepy asst coach from Penn state if u ask me.

yoeddy
12-04-2011, 09:15 PM
and what happens if we wait til the last second to score, and miss 2 point conversion? no time for onside kick

+1

yatitle
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Whats a Pop Wagner team?

"Hey whatever you do keep the young boys away from Pop Wagner"

allentown PA
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM

Whats a Pop Wagner team?*

"Hey whatever you do keep the young boys away from Pop Wagner"

lol

appodictic
12-04-2011, 11:08 PM
And what happens if we don't score? Or the RB fumbles?</p>

You try to score however you can. We didn't leave an eternity on the clock. You have to trust that the defense can make a stop in that position.</p>

You can't be pissed at TC because the defense decided not to play football in the last 50 seconds. </p>

Should we have been pissed that TC left 30 seconds on the clock in SB42 against the Pats?</p>

</p>

Also, how many of these ******ed threads are you going to create?</p>
This was bad . two challenges were worse and two last week.

midnite_nj
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
LMAO !!!!

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-05-2011, 11:48 PM
How could he not know that giving Rodgers the ball back with time on the closk was a loss. He has been araound long enough to know you leave no time on the clock. I like TC but this was unforgiveable. He is the head coach and should have known. Everyone in the staduim knew, the announcers knew, evryone watching on TV knew. The only tow who didn't were Gilbride and TC. What a shame. It would have come down to a coin flip.

Whenever you have an opportunity to score, you must take it. It may be your only one. Trying to "milk" the clock down to near zeroes is not worth the risk. If someone is wide open, SCORE.

Also, as someone else pointed out, what if the 2-point conversion had failed? The Giants would have had to attempt an onside kick, then drive downfield for an FG.

Many of the other posters here are just taking you to school right now.

bansaw
12-06-2011, 12:12 AM
anyone else think if we went back in time and ran clock down but missed 2 point conversion we would get this same thread except he's pissed we didnt try to score right away?

Tenspro2002
12-06-2011, 12:15 AM
anyone else think if we went back in time and ran clock down but missed 2 point conversion we would get this same thread except he's pissed we didnt try to score right away?

Scoring the touchdown late was still the best move. Whether you score the touchdown with 1:00 or with 0:00, you still want the outcome to be you getting the 2-point conversion (same odds regardless of when you score) and Green Bay not scoring (odds much higher with zero time on the clock!).

The chances of recovering an onside kick in the event of missing the 2 is basically negligible.

bansaw
12-06-2011, 12:18 AM

Scoring the touchdown late was still the best move. Whether you score the touchdown with 1:00 or with 0:00, you still want the outcome to be you getting the 2-point conversion (same odds regardless of when you score) and Green Bay not scoring (odds much higher with zero time on the clock!).

The chances of recovering an onside kick in the event of missing the 2 is basically negligible.it looks like english but I have no idea what you said

ShakeNBake
12-06-2011, 12:26 AM

Whatever happened to the worst poster of the year awards? The OP is a prime candidate

Drez
12-06-2011, 12:35 AM

Scoring the touchdown late was still the best move. Whether you score the touchdown with 1:00 or with 0:00, you still want the outcome to be you getting the 2-point conversion (same odds regardless of when you score) and Green Bay not scoring (odds much higher with zero time on the clock!). The chances of recovering an onside kick in the event of missing the 2 is basically negligible.it looks like english but I have no idea what you said
</P>

It's only understood by those that are looking to ***** about TC or KG.</P>

bansaw
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM

Whatever happened to the worst poster of the year awards? The OP is a prime candidate
the list got bigger than the voting pool so we scrapped it

jhamburg
12-06-2011, 01:17 AM

Scoring the touchdown late was still the best move. Whether you score the touchdown with 1:00 or with 0:00, you still want the outcome to be you getting the 2-point conversion (same odds regardless of when you score) and Green Bay not scoring (odds much higher with zero time on the clock!). The chances of recovering an onside kick in the event of missing the 2 is basically negligible.it looks like english but I have no idea what you said
</P>

I don't agree with milking the clock in the sense of intentionally trying not to score. But I'm just saying, time on the clock after we score is bad for us, not good.

Yes if we miss the 2pt conversion we get to try an onsides kick which works like 15% of the time but it's much more likely that if we make the conversion GB is able to drive downfield and score.

Bottom line is you need to score the TD, but running a play before the 2min warning on the 17 yard line was a bad idea and might have cost us the game.

bansaw
12-06-2011, 01:24 AM
the New York Giants have a 15% chance of getting a successful onside kick?

I highly doubt its anywhere close to that high.

Drez
12-06-2011, 01:40 AM

</P>

I don't agree with milking the clock in the sense of intentionally trying not to score. But I'm just saying, time on the clock after we score is bad for us, not good. Yes if we miss the 2pt conversion we get to try an onsides kick which works like 15% of the time but it's much more likely that if we make the conversion GB is able to drive downfield and score. Bottom line is you need to score the TD, but running a play before the 2min warning on the 17 yard line was a bad idea and might have cost us the game.</P>

Wrong.</P>

The defense not being able to stop the Packers from going 51 yards in 2 plays and 14 secondsis what cost us the game. If on either of those plays the defense makes a stop, we're headed to OT.</P>

You have the luxury of knowing how the game played out to make your claim. TC didn't. Tying the game with under a minute left should have guaranteed OT if not for the miserable play of the defense.</P>

yoeddy
12-06-2011, 06:58 AM
All of these threads on the same subject are just showing how little you know about football.*

I can guarantee I have forgotten more about football then you will ever know.

Perhaps if you remembered some of it, you wouldn't be starting these threads....

jakegibbs
12-06-2011, 07:59 AM

And what if they hadn't coverted on the 2 pt conversion? You'd be saying they should have scored earlier & had a chance for an on sides kick right?

That's what Eli said anyway. They needed at least a min left because a makeble 2 pt conversion is less than 50%.

jhamburg
12-06-2011, 09:49 AM

</P>

I don't agree with milking the clock in the sense of intentionally trying not to score. But I'm just saying, time on the clock after we score is bad for us, not good. Yes if we miss the 2pt conversion we get to try an onsides kick which works like 15% of the time but it's much more likely that if we make the conversion GB is able to drive downfield and score. Bottom line is you need to score the TD, but running a play before the 2min warning on the 17 yard line was a bad idea and might have cost us the game.</P>

Wrong.</P>

The defense not being able to stop the Packers from going 51 yards in 2 plays and 14 seconds*is what cost us the game. If on either of those plays the defense makes a stop, we're headed to OT.</P>

You have the luxury of knowing how the game played out to make your claim. TC didn't. Tying the game with under a minute left should have guaranteed OT if not for the miserable play of the defense.</P>

If we don't run that play 40 seconds go off the clock and the play of the defense is a non-issue. Obviously any time you put another team's offense on the field with more than a few seconds on the clock there's a chance they can score. Why take the chance?

Gianthunter
12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I love the foregone conclusion that we could have scored at will.[*-)][8-)]

barran21
12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Some people on this forum is not using their football brain at all, you don't run the clock out in that situation, because if they had fail the 2pt conversion you needed time to score again if you got the ball back from the onside kick, I am sure they were thinking that, no one was thinking the defense would let them go down the field in 30secs, they didn't score too fast the defense fell asleep again...let the team down....

burier
12-06-2011, 10:01 AM

come off it. We had to score a TD and 2 point conversion...thats hard enough without concerning yourself with what the defense is supposed to take care of.

If we don't score the point is moot

jhamburg
12-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Some people on this forum is not using their football brain at all, you don't run the clock out in that situation, because if they had fail the 2pt conversion you needed time to score again if you got the ball back from the onside kick, I am sure they were thinking that, no one was thinking the defense would let them go down the field in 30secs, they didn't score too fast the defense fell asleep again...let the team down....

Well let me ask you a couple questions.

What do you think is the % chance of Aaron Rodgers getting into FG range from the 20 in 58 seconds, 1 timeout?

What do you think is the % chance of the giants recovering an expected onsides kick AND getting into FG range from the 45 in 58 seconds, 1 timeout?

barran21
12-06-2011, 10:27 AM

What do you think is the % chance of Aaron Rodgers getting into FG range from the 20 in 58 seconds, 1 timeout?

What do you think is the % chance of the giants recovering an expected onsides kick AND getting into FG range from the 45 in 58 seconds, 1 timeout?

Let me ask this? say they drained the clock like many on here wanted, scored the TD, failed the 2 point with 9secs left, I am 100% positive the majority of the arguments on this forum would have been calling for KG's head because he wasted the clock, and now the Giants don't have any time left if they had recovered the onside kick, the offense did the right thing, the DEFENSE let them score...

G-G-GMen420
12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Finally someone states the obvious!
U leave a little time just in case you miss the 2 point!

If you can't trust your D for 50 sec. Well ten your
Just screwed anyhow!!

jhamburg
12-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Let me ask this? say they drained the clock like many on here wanted, scored the TD, failed the 2 point with 9secs left, I am 100% positive the majority of the arguments on this forum would have been calling for KG's head because he wasted the clock, and now the Giants don't have any time left if they had recovered the onside kick, the offense did the right thing, the DEFENSE let them score...

I'm sure there would be threads but I wouldn't be participating in them. My argument has nothing to do with the results. The fact is that recovering an onsides kick and scoring is a longshot at best compared to Rodgers scoring with 58 seconds left. I mean it was crazy that it only took twenty something seconds but you guys really weren't concerned with Rodgers having that much time? I was ****ting my pants personally.