PDA

View Full Version : Parade vs Stadium Party?

Scarfacee71
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I have no idea how i could pull off getting from the parade to the stadium

Which is better

Discuss!

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
parade was brutal for me in 07 so many people just insane

NYG216
02-06-2012, 01:04 AM

Agreed. I did the parade in 07. Now I just need to see if I can convince my wife to let me bring my 8 month old daughter to the stadium. Any idea what time they will arrive? When did they get there last time?

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 01:05 AM

Agreed.* I did the parade in 07.* Now I just need to see if I can convince my wife to let me bring my 8 month old daughter to the stadium.* Any idea what time they will arrive?* When did they get there last time?

didnt make the stadium one i live on long island so its a good drive i heard its around 4 pm

NYGOCA
02-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I would like to know the same. In 2007 parade was crazy but I lived in NY back then. Now I live in NJ and wondering if I should just go to the stadium although I know it wont match the energy of the parade. I definitely dont think I can make both...ahh what to do...

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM

Which is better

Discuss!

i had an awful time at the parade. I got there at 9 and i could get no where near anything. You have to get there at 7 and wait... not my style

Alot of people I know went to the stadium and had a great time.

Thats what im doing this year... leaving work early, tailgating in parking lot for a few hours then go see teh show

mike.one
02-06-2012, 10:19 AM
what sort of events did they have at the stadium?

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:22 AM

just a regular tailgate and then like a ceremony in the stadium i think

but i wouldn't be surprised if there was something more. Christie was lobbying to have the parade in jersey and now its taking a while to get all the plans together. I would imagine it would of been pretty easy to just set the basics up...

hopfully something extra will happen

NYGFansincebirth2
02-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Def taking my 6 year old son to the stadium..as soon as i find out what time it starts. parade seems like a crazy time.

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Def taking my 6 year old son to the stadium..as soon as i find out what time it starts. parade seems like a crazy time.

i dunno, the stadium even sounds better to me...

Standing around and for 4 hours, or tailgating for 2-3 like its a football game?

i'll take the tailgate

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Which is better

Discuss!

The Path train

mike.one
02-06-2012, 10:27 AM

just a regular tailgate and then like a ceremony in the stadium i think

but i wouldn't be surprised if there was something more. Christie was lobbying to have the parade in jersey and now its taking a while to get all the plans together. I would imagine it would of been pretty easy to just set the basics up...

hopfully something extra will happen

thanks. do they do any interaction? maybe signing or pictures even?

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I went to the stadium rally last time... Looked like about 20-30,000 people showed up. As opposed to millions lining the parade route.

You get the same speeches, a few more players, and you actually get to hear them speak as opposed to being one of the lucky few at City Hall. Sure I guess it's fun standing along the parade route and seeing the floats, but I really loved the stadium rally. Definitely going to do it again.

Plus, it looks like random people looking to be drunk in public are the ones along the parade route, while the FANS go to the stadium.

giantsfan113
02-06-2012, 10:50 AM
i went to both back in 08. The parade was jam packed but as soon as the last group passed us we left via path at world trade station and headed back to Hoboken and straight to the stadium. We felt the stadium was more personal. They did a ceremony and then the players walked around the field. Some players were signing and taking pictures. I couldnt sell going to both this year with a 3yr old and a 4 month old but i do have my husband sold on the stadium! Just trying to figure out what time!

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Which is better

Discuss!

The Path train

u coming?

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I went to the stadium rally last time... Looked like about 20-30,000 people showed up. As opposed to millions lining the parade route.

You get the same speeches, a few more players, and you actually get to hear them speak as opposed to being one of the lucky few at City Hall. Sure I guess it's fun standing along the parade route and seeing the floats, but I really loved the stadium rally. Definitely going to do it again.

Plus, it looks like random people looking to be drunk in public are the ones along the parade route, while the FANS go to the stadium.

check ur PM

giantsfan113
02-06-2012, 12:22 PM
stadium starts at 3

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
The parade was one of the best moments in my life and I cant wait to relive it again.

MMB's a jersey boy so take his opinion with a grain of salt, LOL

The parade is such a rare occurance, we tailgate before every game at the stadium, but its a once in a blue moon thing that Our Giants get to parade down The Canyon Of Hero's.

If you dont know where to go or what to do, then yea you'll be standing around for hours confused. The best thing to do is head directly to city hall and wait for the parade route to pass and you'll be close to the ending ceremony

Who wants to stand around in a parking lot in jersey!?!?! Ill take a parade down The Canyon Of Hero's ANY DAY!!!!