PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Bradshaw TD

JMFP2
02-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Honestly, I didn't feel bad at all when he wasn't able to stop short.</P>

Just ask Billy Cundiff about chip shot FGs.</P>

I'd rather have the TD, and let Brady go 80 yards with 1 TO and less than1 minute on the clock, rather than risk having a blocked FG.</P>

This isn't 20/20 hindsight, either....I really didn't want to put the SB on Tynes' foot.</P>

Jon6777
02-06-2012, 01:11 AM
I felt the same way. Felt just like SB 42 to me. Just inevitable we were going to win it.

buddy33
02-06-2012, 01:12 AM
When it happened I was thinking he may have messed up, but a kick is never automatic.

In the end it all worked out.

guardplay320
02-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Honestly, I didn't feel bad at all when he wasn't able to stop short.</p>

Just ask Billy Cundiff about chip shot FGs.</p>

I'd rather have the TD, and let Brady go 80 yards with 1 TO and less than1 minute on the clock, rather than risk having a blocked FG.</p>

This isn't 20/20 hindsight, either....I really didn't want to put the SB on Tynes' foot.</p>

Ditto. Tynes didn't exactly put either of his field goals down the middle.

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 01:15 AM
at first i was frustrated bradshaw scored.

but then i realized brady would only need 40 yards to get a decent fg shot off. he can do that, and has done it.

id much rather NE have to score a TD with our DL knowing they're passing. actually was the best decision he coulda made in hindsight

Harooni
02-06-2012, 01:17 AM
it worked out , not going to complain but the right move is to run that clock and kick the easy one.

Harooni
02-06-2012, 01:18 AM
at first i was frustrated bradshaw scored.

but then i realized brady would only need 40 yards to get a decent fg shot off. he can do that, and has done it.

id much rather NE have to score a TD with our DL knowing they're passing. actually was the best decision he coulda made in hindsight

but he would have no timeouts and barely 20 seconds.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 01:21 AM
I think I had more issue with Nicks not staying in bounds to take time off.... Flashback of Bears game.

You always have risk of block, botched snap, botched hold and botched kick. Can you imagine if Bradshaw went down and the Giants botched the fg?... And even if the Giants make the kick, the Patriots have like 20 seconds to get in FG range and out of bounds and that isn't impossible.

BigBlueFanNJ
02-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Ido not fault him for scoring but i wish he could have stopped and stood there! even to let a few more secs tick off the clock!</P>

</P>

bflo23
02-06-2012, 01:33 AM
He should have walked for 40 seconds into the endzone... The Patriots obviously didn't want to tackle him and wanted to let him walk in.

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Honestly, I didn't feel bad at all when he wasn't able to stop short.</p>

Just ask Billy Cundiff about chip shot FGs.</p>

I'd rather have the TD, and let Brady go 80 yards with 1 TO and less than1 minute on the clock, rather than risk having a blocked FG.</p>

This isn't 20/20 hindsight, either....I really didn't want to put the SB on Tynes' foot.</p>

I didn't like him going into the end zone at first, but after he scored I wasn't really that worried. Brady had to go 80 yards in 57 seconds with no deep threat and a hobbled Gronkowski. If it was the '07 Pats with Moss, I probably would have kept the ball out of their hands at all costs. But their offense just isn't made to get downfield in 35-40 yard chunks anymore, and it showed.

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 01:47 AM

I'd rather have the TD, and let Brady go 80 yards with 1 TO and less than*1 minute on the clock, rather than risk having a blocked FG.</P>

This isn't 20/20 hindsight, either....I really didn't want to put the SB on Tynes' foot.</P>

I had friends yelling at me, but I would take the TD every time.

What if we muffed the FG?

We were BEHIND. You have to take the TD and depend on your D.

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 01:48 AM
The Pats were going for the strip on every play.

Running means a huge risk of a turnover, or a botched handoff, or a Joe Pisarcik moment. Too easy to get stood up and stripped, or have the ball poked out.

Much less risky to go to victory formation 2 or 3 times to kill clock and use their last timeout and kick the game winning field goal instead of leaving Tom Brady with 1:00 and a time out.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 01:56 AM

I'd rather have the TD, and let Brady go 80 yards with 1 TO and less than*1 minute on the clock, rather than risk having a blocked FG.</P>

i don't believe in fate but i realize now that's probaby what happened with bradshaw.

at the end of the day, its an imperfect choice.

put the game on our ST, or give Tom Brady a chance.

i probably would have chosen the fieldgoal with no time left on the clock, but who's to know.

we won. that's all that counts.