PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs wishes eli luck...

Bigg Bluee
02-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Is this where we part ways with Jacobs? If so, i wish him all of the luck in the world. He helped us to two rings. He was a true Giant. I'd like to seem him back another year, but things don't always work out.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 02:36 AM
want to put it into context? About bj wishing eli luck?

Bigg Bluee
02-06-2012, 02:38 AM
want to put it into context? About bj wishing eli luck?

During the post game he was being asked about eli's play and how he felt about him, and he wished him luck. Which really can only mean one thing...you don't wish your current QB luck.

NWKEffectElement
02-06-2012, 02:40 AM
I heard it too. It made me kind of sad.

carthon44
02-06-2012, 02:43 AM
yeah,I felt bad too.I actuallyfelt more comfortable with him carrying the ball than Bradshaw tonight.he ran with authority,always for positive yards and didnt fumble.be nice to see him come back,but that looks unlikely.

wrek537emc
u guys r taking it out of context. i think Jacobs was implying Eli has a long, successful career ahead of him... and he wishes him luck. he never said anything about leaving the team.... but he did say "WE decapitated them"

Harooni
he said clearly he would most likely not be a giant next season, he see's himself as a everydown back that can make moves behind the line and TC doesn't. i personally like BJ but think he is best running straight ahead.

RagTime Blue
02-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I heard that too, and thought it sounded weird.

Bigg Bluee
02-06-2012, 02:47 AM
It almost seemed as though they integrated DJ ware so much into this game because they intended to foreshadow how our backfield will look in the future.

Jon6777
02-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Jacobs really ran with a purpose tonight. A true Giant legend.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2012, 02:49 AM
It could of just meant he was saying he wishes him luck as a teammate.

Might be reading too much into it

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 03:42 AM
I didnt like how that sounded either, but maybe it was just something that came out without him really thinking how it may sound to some

GiantWarfare
02-06-2012, 03:45 AM
W/e happens w/ Jacobs, I'll alwas appreciate him for what he's done w/ us, true Giant through n through...he's had his share of criticisms (i've done my part in calling him out at times) and has struggled some but he's had a lot of memorable plays w/ us, and has epitmoized what it means to be a Giant. He ran hard tonight (or last night...lol)

calzonesays
02-06-2012, 03:54 AM
The circle of life.

http://www.laughingplace.com/files/columns/toon20021224/pic1.jpg

Threw his helmet into the stands in Indy

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=MsPcf vfNXuP4***HmpnrNs$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtoB3uqwj_3xeA viv80scGeWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Won a superbowl in Indy

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/10/54/22/2278543/3/628x471.jpg

byron
02-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Is this where we part ways with Jacobs? If so, i wish him all of the luck in the world. He helped us to two rings. He was a true Giant. I'd like to seem him back another year, but things don't always work out.</P>

I caught that to and felt like he was saying good bye or something or he knows something is in the wind ...time will tell I guess...I don't allways like his mouth..but he has always played hard and heartfor us ..</P>

ELIteManning
02-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I think it kind of came out wrong. I do not think he meant it in the sense of "goodbye". However, even though Jacobs ran fairly well tonight...I hope it was his last game as a Giant. This guy has brought way to much frustration to me. Im sorry but 9 carries in a Superbowl do not negate a seasons worth of mediocre running. It is in the best interest for our team to get a replacement.

DataWraith
02-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Some times he throws himself under the bus with his mouth. He did an interview early in the season with Men's Fitness magazine and he said that he likely would have to go elsewhere to show what he can still do.
There's financial decisions for the Giants, Jacobs is due a roster bonus of $500,000 due in March.
Also he rushed for 571 yards, his lowest amount since 2006. He thinks he's an east to west runner but with his size, he's a north to south runner.
I don't think he will be back and that's fine with me.

rebelfan1966
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
The thing about Brandon is that he is an emotional guy who wears his feelings on he sleeve. He says things sometimes out of emotion, and I hope his comment about not coming back was one of those times.

repeatchamps
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
The thing about Brandon is that he is an emotional guy who wears his feelings on he sleeve. He says things sometimes out of emotion, and I hope his comment about not coming back was one of those times.</P>

He didn't comment that he isn't coming back. He wished Eli luck but he did say (some may not believehim but I digress) he wants to retire a Giant.</P>

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Is this where we part ways with Jacobs? If so, i wish him all of the luck in the world. He helped us to two rings. He was a true Giant. I'd like to seem him back another year, but things don't always work out.

Not unless were cutting or trading him.

I don't see him as having much trade value and I doubt we cut him unless they decide that few million is better used elsewhere.

After next year though he's gone.

giantman8493
02-06-2012, 12:36 PM
He was so pumped up during that super bowl post game intervew. the guy was scared to ask these questions! i love his intensity

Ralph Brown
02-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I didn't see it, and it sounds awkward, but those guys are answering so many questions and running on so much emotion that it might have just been something he said wrong.</P>

Hate him at times (those 3rd and goal plays all his career...ugh!)but would also hate to see him go. Love when he is fired up. Seemed like a good team guy</P>

Hopefully it was just slip of the tounge and we are overexamining </P>

M0rbid
02-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I believe Jacob and Osi are goners.

kkr
02-06-2012, 12:45 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheBlueScreen" data-user-id="40679590"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ralph Vacchiano[/b]
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>TheBlueScreen</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Will Brandon Jacobs be back next year? "This is where I want to be," he said. "They know what they have to do to get it done." <s class="hash">#</s>NYG (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23NYG)</p><p class="js-tweet-text"><a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/NotoriousOHM" data-user-id="35410338"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ohm Youngmisuk[/b]
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>NotoriousOHM</span>
</a>
</p>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Jacobs said the Giants can be better next
season in title defense. Says he wants to return and that this is the
closest team he's been on</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
</p><p class="js-tweet-text">These were posted an hour ago. He wants to be back and i think he wants an extension which should reduce his cap number for next season. Id give a him an incentive laden three year deal taking him up to when he is 32. If we improve the oline he can still be a good back for us.
</p>

radar-ray
02-06-2012, 12:50 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheBlueScreen" data-user-id="40679590"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ralph Vacchiano[/b]
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Will Brandon Jacobs be back next year? "This is where I want to be," he said. "They know what they have to do to get it done." <s class="hash">#</s>NYG (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23NYG)</p><p class="js-tweet-text"><a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/NotoriousOHM" data-user-id="35410338"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ohm Youngmisuk[/b]
</a>
</p>

</p><p class="js-tweet-text">These were posted an hour ago.* He wants to be back and i think he wants an extension which should reduce his cap number for next season.* Id give a him an incentive laden three year deal taking him up to when he is 32.* If we improve the oline he can still be a good back for us.
</p>Thanks for a reality based post.

Bigg Bluee
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM
</a>

</a>
</p>

</p><p class="js-tweet-text">These were posted an hour ago.* He wants to be back and i think he wants an extension which should reduce his cap number for next season.* Id give a him an incentive laden three year deal taking him up to when he is 32.* If we improve the oline he can still be a good back for us.
</p>Thanks for a reality based post.

reality based, eh?

Harooni
04-12-2012, 04:32 AM
reality based, eh?

fans here dont take obvious hints well. Tiki all but said after 10,000 yards he would retire but they never listened and when he did it was a big shock and betrayal for the fans around here.

ashleymarie
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
reality based, eh?

fans here dont take obvious hints well. Tiki all but said after 10,000 yards he would retire but they never listened and when he did it was a big shock and betrayal for the fans around here.
</P>

</P>

Tiki was "the man" once. I cheered for him many, many times. Absolutely loved the guy. Things change. That's reality. Jacobs came along. Now someone else will come along. To the best of my knowledge Jacobs never betrayed the Giants. When Tiki attacked Eli, I saw that as an act of aggression against the whole Giants team. Just my opinion.</P>

Harooni
04-13-2012, 03:13 AM
reality based, eh?

</p>

</p>

Tiki was "the man" once. I cheered for him many, many times. Absolutely loved the guy. Things change. That's reality. Jacobs came along. Now someone else will come along. To the best of my knowledge Jacobs never betrayed the Giants. When Tiki attacked Eli, I saw that as an act of aggression against the whole Giants team. Just my opinion.</p>
when did Tiki attack Eli? maybe i missed it. but all he said was eli's first speech was comical, and it probably was go see eli's akward interviews his first few years here.