PDA

View Full Version : Welker's Drop

Weygand
02-06-2012, 02:38 AM
That was obviously Wellington giving us a hand

ny06
02-06-2012, 02:40 AM
"Not today Welker"</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2095.1313641285!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_350250/image.jpg</P>

bflo23
02-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Welker needs to stick with the 5 yard crossing routes.... Great players make the simple catches and the difficult catches..... Look at Manningham.

Weygand
02-06-2012, 02:45 AM
"Not today Welker"</P>

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2095.1313641285!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_350250/image.jpg</P>

Amen to that

krygny
02-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Manningham made the big play, Welker didn't. That's all that matters.

You earn it or you don't deserve it.

Weygand
02-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Manningham made the big play, Welker didn't. That's all that matters.

You earn it or you don't deserve it.

Or Wellington reached down from Shangri-La and knocked it out of his hands

giantfan1976
02-06-2012, 02:56 AM

The funny thing is that that wasn't a drop. It was high and behind him. If that was Eli, the media would say Eli choked. Bad pass, plain and simple.

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 03:01 AM

The funny thing is that that wasn't a drop. It was high and behind him. If that was Eli, the media would say Eli choked. Bad pass, plain and simple.

i dunno. i think thats a route gronk would typically run. like some one else said welker isnt know for those kinda back shoulder seam route throws bc of his height.

i think thats where brady would want that pass to go every time. we did have a misque on the d coverage, their was some confusion by our secondary so if brady could do it all over im sure he'd try and drop it in leading him.

but i guarantee u in practice, and throughout the season, thats where brady wants to put the ball. i've seen brady connect on that to gronk plenty of times, in fact in the first half brady had the exact same pass to gronks on his lone reception i believe. same backshoulder type throw.

brady could have adjusted tho bc he knew it was welker running the route. its like brady was throwing it like he thought it was gronk and letting gronk get his rebound box out position on it.

not a terrible pass by any means, actually a damn good pass. it just didn't go their way. welker makes that catch 99 out of 100 times. just couldnt do it when it mattered most

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 03:02 AM

very good point.

its the NFL, and if a pass hits an uncontested WR in the hands, he should catch it.

but that wasn't a great throw.

i watched it again just 20 minutes ago, and on second glance Welker DEFINITELY should have had it, but its welker and not some unknown WR, that throw was a long way from Welker's jersey numbers, but he's the guy they have to make that catch.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 03:09 AM
He makes that grab we lose the game period. BB likes to run that clock out.

Weygand
02-06-2012, 03:10 AM

very good point.

its the NFL, and if a pass hits an uncontested WR in the hands, he should catch it.

but that wasn't a great throw.

i watched it again just 20 minutes ago, and on second glance Welker DEFINITELY should have had it, but its welker and not some unknown WR, that throw was a long way from Welker's jersey numbers, but he's the guy they have to make that catch.

To paraphrase Mr White in Reservoir Dogs
"No they don't."

Weygand
02-06-2012, 03:11 AM

Nice sig pic......great game

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 03:13 AM

not true at all. if they score a td yes, but we still could have held them to a fg easily. we scored a td, fail to see how being down 2 or 5 made any difference

simms56
02-06-2012, 04:00 AM
1) That was not a great pass. It is the Super Bowl and even the best cannot make every play. It was a huge drop but any Pats fan who blames Welker for the loss is an idiot. They wouldn't be there without Welker.

2) Even if he makes that catch the Patts have to score a TD ti lock up a win (and even then there is onsides, TO, etc.). It would have been a likely win but there are no guarantees. If they score a FG it would have still given Eli a chance and the Giants still likly win.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Remember Giants only had 1 timeout, so they would not be punting the ball with 3:00 left. they had the lead and would have ran that clock down and won.

byron
02-06-2012, 04:07 AM
inopportune time to be dropping pass no doubt, **** happens, allwrs drop 'em some times...its part of the game ....WeWon!!!

Hoova0797
02-06-2012, 04:22 AM
Having played WR, I sympathize with Welker.....I've always believed, as he stated, when a ball touches your hands, you have to catch that ball.</P>

Watching the play over and over again, I cannot emphasize how difficult of a catch that would of been to make. Watch it in full speed. The velocity of the throw to the outside shoulder, having to twist your body in the air....would have been an awesome catch....and Wes MAKES that catch 99 out of 100 times. Not only would he have to catch that ball, but coming down in possession would have really made that catch spectacular. Because he is a professional and a WR, you know he will forever beat himself up.</P>

To say he's the reason why they lost, well, the Pats defense had to make a play and not allow the Giants to march 88 yards with just over 3 min to go....blame them.</P>

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 04:50 AM
if a guy can make that catch 1000 times in practice, it isnt that difficult wide open. Had he made the catch New England eats the clock Giants only have one Timeout.