PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate the Pats a lot less now?

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 02:14 AM
They almost seemed to have learned their lesson this time. Much more gracious in defeat, Belichick hugs Coughlin instead of running off the field early, Brady very gracious in his postgame comments (other than a backhanded comment about us having a "lucky play" in sb42). Much less arrogance than we saw in SB42. I also had feel sorry for Kraft you could tell how bad he wanted to win for his late wife. Also it just feels like we own them now, rather than a heated rivalry.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 02:15 AM
the organization itself is one i respect and think is among the best in all of the NFL.

the fans? we'll see what they're like this week.

calzonesays
02-06-2012, 02:17 AM
we have their number. they know it. all you can do is tip your cap

davecrazy
02-06-2012, 02:19 AM
The Pats have made a living pushing around teams like the Jets and Bills for too long now. They're arrogant and ****y.

We just punched them in the mouth, again.

Kraft is a decent enough guy as far as a team owner goes, but BB is a snake in the grass (resign as the HC of the NYJ) who owes almost all his success to a lucky 6th round draft pick panning out.

ru_gmen55
02-06-2012, 02:20 AM
I actually generally don't mind the Patriots most of the time. Yeah, Tom Brady is a major tool, but when he is on his game, they are a very fun team to watch at work. Of course, in the week/s leading up to the past three games we played against them, I couldn't stand them... ;-)

TheBookOfEli
02-06-2012, 02:21 AM
I never really hated them. I always respected Tom Brady and Bellicheck but when they were winning all the time, it was getting kind of annoying lol.

Weygand
02-06-2012, 02:25 AM
They almost seemed to have learned their lesson this time.* Much more gracious in defeat, Belichick hugs Coughlin instead of running off the field early, Brady very gracious in his postgame comments (other than a backhanded comment about us having a "lucky play" in sb42).* Much less arrogance than we saw in SB42.* I also had feel sorry for Kraft you could tell how bad he wanted to win for his late wife.* Also it just feels like we own them now, rather than a heated rivalry.

I told my friend Giants fans are pretty much immune to the Brady hate because we match up with them so well and, heh...we also don't lose to them when it's on the line. It's a great feeling....

bflo23
02-06-2012, 02:26 AM
I still hate them. I hate they used spies. I hate their coach and brady as well. I even hate that meathead Gronk. Nothing has changed because Giants beat them in this Super Bowl.

Weygand
02-06-2012, 02:30 AM
I even hate that meathead Gronk.

"day by day"

GiantWarfare
02-06-2012, 02:42 AM
I actually generally don't mind the Patriots most of the time. Yeah, Tom Brady is a major tool, but when he is on his game, they are a very fun team to watch at work. Of course, in the week/s leading up to the past three games we played against them, I couldn't stand them... ;-)

this...

if it wasnt for the fact that they're a Boston team thats won too much (with questionable methods) who've shown to be major *******s at times, I might actually like them.

Well now that i think about it, that is a pretty big reason huh? lol...

I do like Gronk though...dude is funny... ("yo soy fiesta")

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 02:53 AM
I don't hate them but I don't like them against us and that goes for any team.

simms56
02-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Its hard to hate their ownership, and Belicheck is from the Parcells tree. The Golden Boy can be annoying but he is solid. Their fans aren't the best, aren't the worst. We have their number and that is all that matters.

inexorably
02-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Never hated them.

Just hated their fans... and still do.

Goes with me being a Yankees fan and they're more than likely **** sox fans.

Patriots are a quality franchise and I wanted them to win against St. Louis and philthy in their previous Super Bowls. Didn't care who won the Super Bowl between them and Carolina, just wanted to see a good game.

GMen869007
02-06-2012, 03:03 AM
I still hate them. I'm friends with some Patriots fans one of which became a fan in 2003. In 2007, he treated the season as if it was a personal Madden game, and any time I tried to bring up other teams, he laughed and turned his nose up at them. He said "This is destiny, nobody can stop the Patriots" and he also took shots at Eli Manning and gave the Giants no respect whatsoever.

When the Giants lost a hard fought battle in week 17 of the 2007 season, I gave him a call and congratulated him on the perfect season, throwing in that it was a close game to see if I could get any respect from him, and he responded with "It really wasn't close, you got a garbage time td at the end when down by 10 and Eli looked terrified"

After we beat Dallas in the playoffs, I posted a bulletin via MySpace to state how proud I was of my team and he took it upon himself to reply that the Cheeseheads would likely crush our dreams, and if they didn't, I knew who would because you can't $#%# with destiny.

After the SB, I didn't call him and hardly mentioned a word about it. I really could've rubbed it in but didn't. Since then, I haven't heard as much about the Patriots, but this game to him was surely supposed to avenge that loss.

I think it's great that his untouchable team that won 3 championships in 4 years keeps getting owned by lowly Eli Manning and the lowly New York Giants. I mean, 3 wins in a row, 2 in the SB, and all in a similar fashion? I love it! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

gxbhkt
02-06-2012, 03:08 AM
F the Pats and Red Sox! GO YANKEES

byron
02-06-2012, 03:25 AM
I do not like Boston sports...its Boston everythingup here(maine)I finda lotof their fansobnoxious not all mind you....I'm glad its over and we won....it will quites things down up here for while ....

ELIteManning
02-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Its hard to hate their ownership, and Belicheck is from the Parcells tree.* The Golden Boy can be annoying but he is solid.* Their fans aren't the best, aren't the worst.* We have their number and that is all that matters.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Their ownership is well respected. Mr. Kraft is a good man and means a lot to the entire NFL not just the Pats. Belicheck is one of those guys you hate if he is not on your side but at the same time totally respect how he runs his team. I do not care what anyone says, I do not think there is a better coach at getting the best out of each individual player on his team. I mean seriously break down the players on that team over the past 10 years and you cant help but tip your cap to what he does year in and year out. As for the fans, I have seen and heard far worse than them over the years.

Mohann
02-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Why hate the Pats? They never did anything to us, lol. the "AWW SHUCKS ASSASSIN" owns NE.

titwio
02-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Call me crazy but I felt bad given the whole Myra Craft situation. The Pats players especially Brady just looked like they let down their owner and it was actually pretty sad. Brady looked like he was going to cry in the post presser.

I'm pretty sure they've had enough success in their organization though... they'll get over it.

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Call me crazy but I felt bad given the whole Myra Craft situation. The Pats players especially Brady just looked like they let down their owner and it was actually pretty sad. Brady looked like he was going to cry in the post presser.

I'm pretty sure they've had enough success in their organization though... they'll get over it.

I hear you...but look at how many teams there are and how many people are involved, there are going to be personal tragedies all the time and you can't always win the Super Bowl. We didn't get to win for Wellington Mara a few years back. The Bengals didnt get to win for Chris Henry, the Packers didn't get to win for Michael Philbin, the Raiders didn't get to win for Al Davis, etc., etc...

Giantsin04
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I've always had some love for BB, mainly because he was a great Giant.

Tom Brady is a scumbag and I don't respect him at all. Anyone who knocks up their girlfriend and then dumps her for a hotter woman is a low life in my book.

P_Simms_#11
02-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I was surprised at the warm hug BB gave Coughlin.

Last week I had a Pats fan friend at work who said they wished the Patriots didn't have to play the Giants in the SB. I asked why. They said "because we can lose".

P_Simms_#11
02-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I've always had some love for BB, mainly because he was a great Giant.

Tom Brady is a scumbag and I don't respect him at all. Anyone who knocks up their girlfriend and then dumps her for a hotter woman is a low life in my book.

I'm not a big Brady fan, but neither of them knew she was pregnant when they broke up.

P.S- IMO Bridget Moynihan is prettier than Bundchen.

JJC7301
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I always had great respect for the Pats -- they're always winners and other fans get jealous. I respect excellence.

The teams that annoy me are the Eagles (because of our rivalry) and the Cowboys because pundits are always picking them to do something besides their obvious mediocrity.

suzyq
02-06-2012, 12:26 PM
no.

I LOVE THE NY GIANTS!!!!!!

GameTime
02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I never hated them and their franchise is a lot like the Giants. Great owner who loves the NFL and has similar philosophies like the Mara's and Tiche's. Mr. Kraft is great for the NFL. </P>

CTLadyBlue
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
They almost seemed to have learned their lesson this time.* Much more gracious in defeat, Belichick hugs Coughlin instead of running off the field early,

Actually, BB did run out to meet Coughlin and hugged him four years ago before running off the field. He obviously didn't notice that 1 second was put back on the clock (*COUGH*)